chapter 1
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A helicopter flies toward an island that appears to have a large lake in the center. The people on it are slightly excited, and each has been chosen for their fields of expertise. Most are in it for the money, but some are here strictly to do something amazing.

Malia, a 4-foot 5 Canadian women wearing a lab smock and coat under her protective gear and parachute, is a genetic scientist who has already developed a cure for many diseases by using viruses and reprograming them to work for the body instead of against it. She wants to eventually find a way to prevent all mankind from dying from all diseases.

Romo, a 6-foot 5 American man wearing jeans and a t shirt, is a survival expert and his strategies have won or prevented wars all over the world. He has traveled the world with nothing but the cloths on his back and a pocketknife and proven that someone can live through nearly anything. His dream is to show the world the path to peace before retiring to his small sanctuary and live off the land and enjoy being in nature.

Nick, a 3-foot-tall African man dressed in coveralls and a plaid shirt, was a farmer who attended a robotics class and used his knowledge to make his farm run itself with no human help or interference. He is the leading scientist in robotics and Hopes to one day transfer his consciousness into a 7-foot-tall humanoid robot. He is very sensitive about his size.

Ben, a 5-foot 4 Mexican man wearing Black Jeans and a pressed shirt, is a maintenance man. He has the knowledge to work on anything that could possibly break. Anything from woodworking all the way to computer programing is his field of work. He is very silent on the trip and refuses to engage in small talk. He is also good at genetic manipulation, and has used rats and some monkeys to create new organs for humans and animals alike, without killing any of his patients.

“Attention!” the last man on the chopper yelled quickly over the radio. Everyone looks imidiatly at the obviously military man wearing fatigues and holding a large and intimidating rifle acrost his chest. “you are headed to a privately funded building that was built for the specific purpose of creating some new creature that will be strong enough to replace our military and end wars in the early stages, but will have some form of controlling it that only the government can poses. The building itself is state of the art with many advanced security measures and protocols. Its been constructed in the lake in the center of the island and submerged so the highest point of the building is 400 feet from the surface. It has 45 levels that are suited for the sole purpose of entertaining and suppliing the workers for years to come, so they never have to leave the building. This information was withheld from you until you had commited to staying on site for security reasons!”

He paused for reactions, but after receiving nothing but blank stares he continued. “While on site you will not be able to contact anyone. There are no cell phones or internet access of any kind. Any attempts to reach the outside world will lock you out of the system permanently, and your money you were promised will be forfeited! Play nice with each other and keep the peace because down there, you are on your own. We will send someone to make contact once every few months. This person will not contact you directly. They will enter the compound, check the status and leave to report their findings. I don’t need to tell you everything as there will be a few video files to tell you the finer details, but this is a dangerous position. If there are any outbreaks you will have to get to a security trailer on the island itself and initiate the capsize protocol for the facility. We will be landing soon, so fastn your seatbelts!”

After saying that the man sat down and the helicopter suddenly began to drop at rapid speeds. The people who made it on were fully expecting to be here for years with no outside contact, but they shared concerned glances at discovering they would be without any kind of leadership besides their own. Meaning is someone decided to start killing people, they had to handle it on their own. There was nobody coming to help. They all buckled in and rode out the rather bumpy landing. It felt as though the wind itself were trying to destroy the chopper in an attempt to prevent their work.

Finnaly after a painstakingly slow decent the pilot acheaved touchdown. As everyone unbuckled they received their last orders. “you will exit in an orderly fashion, do not stop and head strait for the boat. Keep your heads down and we will be in your new home shortly.” After the short ride to the complex they took the only elevator down into their new homes, ready to face anything the world could throw at them.

0