C1P4
64 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The girl slaps her cheeks from both sides bringing a little blood to her pale skin, then resumes her walk towards the wife of her new owner. She sees many families living around, the poor and rich right next to each other. Not that there is much difference, but the small it is, it can be seen. The poorest families live in small cars or shacks in a single lot, yet the leader has 3 lots to himself. This single wing has 150 lots, that’s on average 600 people, and who knows how many other lots they own.

Most families are just a single man, but those who have a family do have many children and seem to enjoy preferential treatment. Like most gangs that rely on each other just to survive, they are a big family, with probably many smaller families in a feud.

When she finally reaches the lot, it is easy to recognize it. It has two large mobile homes across each other with a tiny garden in the middle. Mia can see at least five children running around playing, but she assumed there are more inside. Since she was told to not talk to anyone she stayed quiet the whole time, but she could talk to the Zuhoi.

“Miss! Are you here? The leader sent me.” She said a little forcefully, careful not to be too loud. Soon, a lady more than twice her age stepped out from the right home.

“Ey, he got a new girl? Come in little one, I won’t bite.”

The inside was small, but it had a homey feeling. She saw a kitchen, showers, everything one might need to live a decent life, all the things she latched ever since everything went shit.

The older woman looked at her thoroughly, from head to toe.

“Hm. You are his type, a small and cute girl with a strong mind. Ah, don’t be afraid, I don’t mind if he has a mistress. He is a big man and I’m getting old after 8 children. Get inside the shower, clean up. I will prepare some clothes for you.”

She was kindly pushed towards her wishes and dreams, but she did have to say something before it's too late.

“Ah no, I’m not his… mistress. I was sent to get clothes and food for me and my two friends.”

She protests, but the woman ignores her.

“Three? No, he would have shown them to me. Anyway, two more sets then? Sure. I will prepare it. Take that shower until then. What is your name, by the way?”

“I’m Mia. Wait, no! I’m not his mistress!”

Seeing the young girl so confused made the woman laugh.

“Haha! No way. Women either fell in love with him or trembled in fear before him. You are not the latter. Now go ahead or I will clean you myself!”

Saying this, Zuhoi begins stripping Mia off right then and there, forcing the girl to undress. When she finally steps into the cabin, her hand reaches for the handle trembling slightly. Most of her memories with running water were akin to nightmares this month, but much to her surprise clean water begins pouring on her as if she didn’t have to treat it like liquid gold just yesterday.

The warm water cleaned all the filth, grime, and grey matter stuck to her skin during this time, but it could never wash away those which stuck to her heart.

Life is unfair. One must grab the tiny chances they got and never waste it, otherwise end up like all the others. All the others...

A mere thirty-two days ago, there were forty-five of them. Now only three remain.

In the blink of an eye, the water stops flowing and Mia is brought back to reality. It seems she has wasted the water tank. Her hand grabs toward the railing by habit but finds no towels inside. She cautiously opened the door and peered outside.

“Uhm, Zuhoi, where do I find a towel?”

“I’m bringing it, a moment!” Comes the answer from outside as the woman exits the other motorhome. She enters soon with a towel in hand, closes the door behind her but doesn't come closer. “Come on out, I wanna take a look at your body. I don’t have many clothes that would fit you.”

A bit embarrassed, Miae exits the shower with a now clean, wet, and naked body.

“Oh god, your eyes are so red, you look horrible. You must have been through a lot, darling. Don’t worry, it will be all fine now. This place is safe and we have what we need here.”Zuhoi stepped up to hug her. 

“You are gorgeous, you will be a fine lady soon. Don’t waste your looks crying, grow strong, do your best and everything will be fine now.”

The older woman’s hand soon began to carefully wipe the young girl’s body, as if the girl was her child. When she finally let go of Mia, she handed her a set of good quality clothes in a sack. It seemed clean but unused for a long time.

“Now, wear this while I prepare some food.”

The woman walked to the kitchen, leaving the girl some space. Mia opened the package, finding a beautiful dress inside. She never imagined she could ever wear normal clothes again, let alone a dress. She unconsciously let out a question.

“What is this?”

Zuhoi just happened to hear it.

“Ah, it's my old dress. I used to be an actress in the theatre not far from here. Meka owned the place, we met there and married when I was just 18 years old. It's a nice dress I did some traditional dance in, but it’s easy to move in because I had to run, climb and do crazy dance tricks wearing it. It’s too small for me so you can have it. Make sure not to ruin it though, it does have some sentimental value.”

The schoolgirl can not even answer to such kindness, she accepts the gift silently. When she finally looks into the mirror, she almost cannot recognize herself. The ragged survivor girl is gone, she can only see a charming and strong young woman before her, even if her eyes are still a bit red. 

“I sincerely thank you for this.”

“It's nothing, darling. You are still young, you should live as good as you can.”

Handing Mia a medium-sized food box and another sack of clothes she finally allows the girl to leave. The girl heads right back to the leader, who murdered his friend but has the kindest and nicest wife she ever met. The person who was supposed to be a theatre owner, but is now a small leader in a murderous gang. 

With mixed feelings, she enters the office again, almost dropping what she is caring for instantly. Her friend, Malah lays on the floor with a bloodied face, looking at her clean and clothed state with confused and betrayed eyes.

0