Chapter Two: Talented
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Father what did you just say?" Ralph asked in curiosity.
Renault looked on as a slight grin appeared on his face as he was in such a good mood that he explained his happiness to his two sons.

"What just occurred was something very rare, this has happened before but I thought one was enough. Whew I don't know if this comes from me or your mom lads."
"Dad you went off track!"
"Ya.. What's going on." Ralph mumbled.
The three streaks means the Spirit World sensed there was something heavenly nearby and blessed it, the most likely of blessings would be having two talents as that's the common thing when something like this occurs but you never know, one might be blessed with three talents.

While talking they made their way to see Hardin and saw the bishop make his way over there too.
"Young man, is it alright if I ask what you received from the holy world?" The bishop stated.
"Of course bishop there's nothing to hide, I just received a barrier."
"Young man, surely there's more!"
"That's all there is to it sir bishop, honest!"

Hardin stared Joseph dead in the eye while speaking which kind of convinced the bishop, But he thought of another thing.
"Maybe it was a boost to your barrier?!?!"
"Enough, come back with me Hardin, you've done well. Let's return and celebrate." Renault came walking towards them
"Yes father!"
"Wait a second there Hardin!" While all the families there were celebrating with their kids, Rowan stepped out from his family all smug and happy, he jeered.
"Let's try out what we got? I challenge you." Here in this world, honor was important, not just for yourself but for your family too. It was better to lose honorably as that showed that while you were less capable, you tried. Running away was a thorough disgrace which would tarnish any reputation, especially in a duel involving the spirit world.

After looking at his dad for a bit and receiving a nod, Hardin nodded.
"Fine I accept your proposal, let's make it quick."
"that's what I like to hear, go Nobu!"
The tiger rushed forth with great intensity but-
Keueek!
A big ocean blue barrier was erected and rapidly was shrinking both the tiger and Rowans area of space.
"I forf- ow, OW I FORFEIT!"

At this point Rowan was forced into a fetal position and had his face in the dirt. All this took place right after the duel was agreed upon. Zephyr looked upon this in awe with stars in his eyes as he witnessed his respected brother's glorious victory over his foe. As they made their way out of the venue, Zephyr and Ralph babbled nonstop in awe as this pair of eight and seven year old kids saw something mystic from their brother.

"Hey Hardin, show us that barrier again"!
"Ya show us brother"!
"Ahah, sure why not".
Pretty soon the two brothers Zephyr and Ralph were encaged within an ocean of blue and it looked magical as Hardin made sure the space of his barrier was massive to keep them out of harms way. Soon the group of four made their way down the village and stopped near a clean house. The house was magnificent compared to the other dilapidated houses they saw on the way here and was the place they called home.

Zephyr energetically grabbed Ralph and ran in while Hardin and Renault followed closely behind.
"Mom we're home! We saw something exciting!

"Mhm, Hardin awakened". Ralph added. There sitting on a bed was a gorgeous woman with long wavy hair that was black as ink. She carried a gentle smile and had reddish purple eyes, mesmerizing to look at. She also had a gentle smile as she hugged the two kids beside her with great joy. Renault walked in a bit later and his stern expression was gone immediately and replaced with a worried one

"Aizzz, you always did have a frail condition, I could never associate you with 'them'."
"They are your family too, learn to fix that language of yours, insulting them whenever. Well, tell me what happened on Hardin's big day. I'm quite excited to hear it."

That brought a smile to Renault but before that he grabbed Ralph's hand and grabbed Zephyr by the back of his neck and dragged them to their room. Moments later he reappeared and approached Hardin.

"tell me about the three streaks."
"Yes father, as you have taught me to always be alert of your surroundings, I kept this away from the bishop. Let me show you, appear Shiede!"

A ball of dark blue light appeared and a lizard revealed itself. It looked scaly and shiny yet scary at the same time. It's tongue that kept on being flailed was also blue in color and it just emitted freezing cold frost in its vicinity. Aaly started coughing immediately which made Hardin hurriedly retract Shiede back into his soul.

Renault was quite proud of his teachings and how his son took them like a sponge. This made him nostalgic as he looked at the picture at the cupboard and grabbed ahold of it. There sat Renault with the baby Zephyr and Aaly held Ralph with a very young Hardin beside Aaly. On the right of Renault however, stood a boy about 6 or 7 at the time with an exuberant smile that radiated everywhere.

"Haaah, has it been 4 years since we last saw him when he was twelve, Siegmund?" Seeing Renault look at the picture made Hardin realize something, he had only two more years before he too left for the Capital and attend an academy. Although this puzzled him, why didn't father and mother move to the capital of Liandry, Oswald. This way their family could be reunited and everyone would be happy.

"You must be thinking why we haven't left for the town haven't you?
"Uhm no of course not"
Its a silly reason actually, I don't want to be under their service again after what happened. With my own family.
"What happened father?"
"Don't trouble him and sleep, its been a busy day for you so go take a rest."
"OK mom goodnight."
Renault looked at his dear wife and once again closed his eyes and found a chair to sit on and rest his eyes.

***
"Faster, stronger Hardin what are you doing, stay focused. "
In the backyard a young boy about the age of ten was being rag dolled by a much larger person, and they were practicing fighting.

The boy was using his barrier and his pet ice lizard but the man shattered everything with one blow and kept knocking the boy around.
Remember, do not rely on your weapons and pets so much, only through training your own body could you achieve greater heights! Now, again!"

"Yessir!!"
While this ongoing training was happening, in the house a different kind of training was happening.
"OK kids how many continents are there?
There are four continents mom!
'And how many countries vying for domination?
On this world of Viceria, on our continent of viole, there are about sixteen kingdoms with the six great powers. Them being Liandry, Leol, Authmus,the church of Heinzman, Kerwin, and the tribes of Mermiandos called barbarians
"Watch who you call barbarians!!
"Ouch!" Why??!!
"Tch, continue with the lesson". Aaly expressed in random discontent. While being kind, she never held back when educating her kids in the way of the world.

"Cmon, what did I teach you before, if one cannot win right away, find a boulder and crush it on them when sleeping, shamelessness is the key to life."

"No no no, Ralph, you gotta up your quota to three books a day, your knowledge is failing you, what's this boar animal?
"Umm.. Thats a roan boar, massive tusks which make them go all out on their charge but they lose their willpower and anger very fast?"

"Correct". What's this one then?
"A rapid fish, they are a delicacy available only to Liandry's rivers and are speedy yet delicious".

"Very well done! What's the codex of heavy poisons?
"A book of the worlds poison ranging from itchiness to lethal"! Zephyr randomly interjected as something he finally recognized came up. He jumped up as if his life depended on it as he really was falling asleep and he needed some credit before the day ended.

"Wow correct Zephyr, then what's this animal?"
Uhhh.. Washroom break. He couldn't tell his mom the only reason he knew the poisons were for the pranks he caused.

He bolted out the door of his house and ran to his brother and fathers room where they were training. This is what he sought after, what he craved.
He had been learning from his father from when he was five how to fight, whether it be fists or with a weapon. He was exemplary but limited with small weapons due to his constitution as a child but the love for fighting he has is innate.

Peering through the small slit the door made, Zephyr listened to his father instruct his son in the way of the world.
"Listen Hardin, the key to power in this world is through something called energy. It comes in many forms but aura is a quick way to explain its uses.

The aura you innately have is able to express itself in or outside of your body and you are also able to take the energy of the world outside you. The faster you are at in taking the energy, the more talented you are.

The stages of energy is split up in different stages called from one to nine student, disciple,master, warrior,great master, elite, ascended, spiritual, and paragon. Each are also in nine parts.

Ascended beings are the treasured beings of this world as people at the level of spiritual and paragon are practically unheard of. There could even be a tenth stage or more as people never even got to experience it. Remember, while fighting for honor Is important, your life is higher in priority, try to live impeccably." Renault cleared his throat after the long speech.
"Yes father" Hardin replied with a nod.

 

0