Chapter Five: Encounter
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Good enough for now but when you are a bit older, I will teach you to be more ruthless." Renault approached the other two bandits and just sent a palm at their temples and threw them to the side of the road and looked at the driver. 

"continue."
"Yes sir" Hardin and the Driver responded simultaneously. The Driver had an increase in respect for this towering man. If his son was already that strong then what about the dad?

He was now relieved and even started humming. Zephyr felt a shiver when he saw the bandits go silent but thought nothing of it.

Their journey went smoothly for three days as they happily chatted together until they witnessed something. They saw a caravan with a party of at least thirty, with a couple of people already on the ground at a face off with eight bandits.

"You fiends! A man with slicked back hair and the air of a butler was reprimanding those eight bandits
"You all, protect the two young misses!" The butler yelled at the knights
"We swear on the Raging Thunder Marquis's honor!" The knights roared together in response.

Renault frowned as he saw this yet still didn't care for the danger and approached.

"Hmm, who goes there!" The bandits were alarmed and asked.
"Help! We will pay handsomely as a reward" the butler was on pins and needles too but when he saw they had no relations to the enemy he tried recruiting the new arrivals.

"I have my wife and kids here, I apologize but I cannot step in and must be on my way." Renault spoke fluidly like it was a normal day.

"Did you think we, the Fiend Brigade will allow you to without any payments!?!?" The thirty year old man in the middle of bandits spoke roughly. He had orange hair that added to his vicious look and he actually had fangs for teeth.
Renault looked at the other seven and told Hardin.

"The one in the middle is a bit beyond you but you should be able to handle the rest, remember to make them bring out their spirit world summons so Zephyr can see.''

"Yes Father" Hardin obediently replied and stepped forward.
"Sir, I can handle the rest but the main one with orange hair, does that work?" Hardin politely said to the butler.

The butler looked confused on why a kid a bit older than his young misses stepped out instead of the intimidating man. He thought he heard wrong when he heard what the boy said too.

"Boy, it is okay you can scurry along with your father if he does not want to interfere." The butler sighed and felt pity for the boy as he was practically sacrificed by his dad.

"He just offered himself as a meal, he can't leave now, number four go forth!" The leader snarled and told someone to rush out. A hooded bandit filled with the stench of blood rushed forward. His two hands became the color of blood and Hardin started feeling woozy.

Nonetheless when he was three meters from Hardin, a barrier blocked him from coming any closer. The hooded man soon sensed energy circling him and he was enclosed in it before he could react.

This barrier utilized energy this time rather than a normal summoning of it which made it sturdier but he could not manipulate the space anymore. Hardin truly absorbed all his experiences like a sponge and made adaptations to his power the minute a flaw was revealed.

"A true genius in battle and tactics! Renault thought, a smile creeping up on his lips.
Number four could only smack it but even with his level three disciple stage of energy, it only made the barrier tremble, nothing more. Soon everything around the bandit was freezing up and he was immobilized immediately.

Hardin took a breath of fresh air and spoke to the Butler once again
"Impressed?" He asked

The butler looked on with waves surging in his heart. The captain of this unit couldn't even handle a slap from those red hands but it couldn't even shatter a barrier.

"Tch useless, I guess I'll do it myself " the fanged man took a step closer but soon could take no more. He started trembling and looked across the battlefield to where that massive man was and only felt complete dread. He couldn't speak or move as he made eye contact with the man.

"Boss, I'll do it!" A man with the dexterity and speed of a monkey ran as fast as he could with pale bronze daggers in his hands and aimed on sneak attacking Hardin while he was talking to the butler.

Hardin noticed it but could only produce a slightly weak barrier that was easily sliced apart, along with a piece of his flesh around his waist. 

"Jiejie, what a fragrant smell and taste." The bandit said and licked his dagger.
Hardin finally focused and resummoned his lizard and produced an ocean blue barrier.
The man swiftly approached at rapid speeds and attacked at different angles.

It was a stalemate as the bandit could no longer land a single blow while Hardin could not trap the swift man. Hardin was quickly getting frustrated but heard his fathers voice in his head as his many lessons resurfaced in his mind.

"Always keep calm and keep a cool head when taking action."
"The one to lose cool first loses."
"Freeze your mind, lock your thoughts, focus only on the battle to achieve victory."

Hardin took deep breaths and his energy started resonating with him. Blue lights started flashing everywhere, creating a beautiful ambiance and soon ice started forming all around the area. Hardins figure was encased in blue and soon the lizard also shined bright blue and flew into Hardins back.

An explosion of the blue energy created a blast radius with a severe frost after. There standing was Hardin in a different form. He had been encased in sleek sapphire blue armor with curved horns coming out of his head. His eyes were a beautiful blue that looked cold and detached and he gave off a dominating aura, like a king observing his people.

His aura felt particularly oppressive and way stronger than normal. Hardin slowly raised his hand with his palm in an upward fashion, the energy surrounding him flowed frenzily upwards and was not unlike how a tornado behaved. He sent it all towards the remaining members with the flow of his hand.

"Barrier and ice secret technique: Record of a Freezing World."
The leader of the bandits was also caught up in the technique and was frozen solid alongside his panicking subordinates. The prancing bandit was also affected by the cold released pre-transformation and was slowed, allowing Hardin's attack to also reach him.

When the smoke cleared they saw Hardin back into his original form and when they looked at the fiends, they had now become ice sculptures and were easily captured.

"Break them apart" Renault spoke to the butler as he approached his breathless son.
"Yes sir!" You heard the man, kill those animals!" The butler commanded his knights.

"Sir would you please accept my thanks for you heroic bravery in saving me and the two daughters of the raging thunders marquis."
The butler knew how strong this man was and hoped by allowing for this connection to form would have another safer bodyguard.

'What's the name of your Marquis, his real name." Renault asked.
"Sire's name is Julius Thunder. The butler replied."  Then he quickly motioned for the Knight's to open up the chariot centered in the middle. Two girls soon popped up who were cute as dolls but gave off a pompously rich feel. However when they had to look all the way up to the sky just to make eye contact with this giant before them they became meek immediately.

"Thank you..." They both mumbled.
The Butler stepped in then. "My name is Arnaldo Bou, the miss on my left is Regina or Regi thunder, while the other on my right is Lute thunder.

"Hmm, allow me to introduce my family, the boy right here is called Hardin, both of you come out right now!" Renault roared at his chariot and two boys hustled out.

"These two other boys are my other kids. The one with red eyes is Ralph while the other purple eyed mischievous boy is Zephyr. My wife is sick so she cannot move so easy" Renault finished his introduction.

"So then? You will accompany us? Arnaldo asked.
"Very well then" Renault agreed and set back into his own strides with his kids in tow. Pretty soon the two important chariots were beside each other and they made their way down their path.

"Where are you heading sir?" Arnaldo tried hitting up a conversation.
"Oswald" that one sentence broke it down. Hardin explained for his dad and told him about the academies.

"Wow then, you had the same idea as us then, the two misses just came back from their aunt and uncles place and are coming back to their families with the plan to enlist. They are one year apart, about the same age as Zephyr. how lovely, Zephyr you must take care of them both, I implore you!' Arnaldo asked the boy.

"Uh huh! You got it butler" Zephyr gave his agreement and a thumbs up while peering out the window. 

"So what do you two want to play? He and Ralph approached them while asking by the windows of their chariots.
"Hmph, play what, there's still danger around mind you foolish boy, be more like your brother." Regina said while Lute just awkwardly sat there quietly after that.

"You, fine, I won't play with you then, let's go Ralph." Zephyr fumed and closed the window angrily.

0