Chapter Eight: Darkness
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

How dare you! Do you not know what it means to hit one with the lineage of a Duke, aah! Stop, I'm sorry ahhhh!" Pretty soon Claude went from threatening to crying. Zephyr didn't know why but the beating he did on Claude felt so satisfying, he wanted to experience this feeling more, it was a high for him! 

"What are you doing!" Another boy came running in and had five others with him, "that's Claude, you think you can get away with doing that? Get him boys!" The black haired kid roared and the five kids charged at Zephyr. Zephyr gave a grin and charged at them also. A strange scene occurred as the kids were barreled through and struck with enough force that they'd go unconscious immediately after.

"Kai, he's to strong!"

"Heurgh!"

The kids were totally out of their league as Zephyr threw them around like nothing. His eyes were turning blacker as his smile was getting more malevolent, soon he turned his target to Kai and rushed him also, with three quick punches and a throw, he made quick work of that leader.

"So this Is how it feels fighting people not dad? Its great, its really exhilarating!" His hands were clenched but soon that feeling of violence and need for blood disappeared. He came to his senses and was surprised to see a mini crowd of kids watching him stand around a pile of unmoving kids who looked completely dirty and unconscious. Seeing no way to get out of this problem, he decided to take advantage of it, he always dreamed of being a big boss, wasn't this the best opportunity? He quickly jumped away from the middle of the scene to beside Aqua and asked the crowd.

"Listen, everyone here , you all saw these kids approach me and rush me first?"

"Uhhh?" although they came to this area, he rushed them did he not?

While Zephyr was fixing his alibi, a screech sounded as a man appeared with a stern expression.

"What happened here? what's going on!?! Wha- the grandson of Duke Heiger! and the grandson of the steel stone marquis?!? Whoever did this better get out here right now and face your punishment!"

This advisor was clearly on the side of the two nobles and things were looking bleak for Zephyr.

Zephyr frowned and looked around and noticed the kids he beat were all unconscious, so he nudged Aqua beside him and gave him a hard stare full of many meanings. Aqua was quite astute and a plan came to mind.

"Sir, the culprit was some kid with skills I've never seen, he threatened everyone here and beat those kids and made out like a bandit." The man trusted this clearly distressed words and seeing the look of agreement and shame as the other kids looked down made him angry and he rushed out to find the culprit. The real reason people were looking down was because everyone felt the stare of Zephyr on them, silencing their voices. It seemed like a year of trouble was ahead of them, many kids sighed together. 

After more teachers arrived in their white clothing and took the injured away, Zephyr had a couple of hours before they woke up and exposed him, he needed some form of defense. The difference in status was too much right now and so Zephyr decided to meet the principal and explain things to him. On the path of this massive academy, Zephyr encountered a tall man, at least the size of himself times three hovering around and observing everything. The key thing about him was his clothing, while teachers wore white, he wore a dark blue teachers robe and looked markedly different. Zephyr ran to him hoping to explain his predicament. The man turned and saw a young boy rushing towards him with snot and tears flowing in streams, crying:

"Uncle what do I do, I got into trouble in my first day with a noble and now they want to get me expelled so they can deal with me outside. My life is at risk!"

The man frowned, he was lost and now saw a baby boy crying for his life and was quite puzzled, he came here to meet the head of the school to send him a message and was now stuck in this mess.

"What happened, as long as you explain yourself justly with no falsehood in your explanation, I will guarantee justice." His eyes started flashing and he observed Zephyr intently.

Feeling weird for no reason, Zephyr realized the man in front of him was not so easily conned and decided to spill the beans truthfully and about how he attacked after the provocation.

"I see. Your temper was the problem I take it, but that should not warrant expulsion, we welcome young fighters like you with potential. I shall speak to the Headmaster about this, what is your name?" the man looked at Zephyr.

"My name is Zephyr sir, thank you, I would have to earn money selling corn on my family's farm and having to beg on the street without this opportunity. Boohoo" crocodile tears fell once again.

"Nice meeting you young lad, you clearly have not seen what this elementary can offer, I look forward to meeting you again." the man leisurely walked away, laughing at the antics of the rambunctious youth behind him.

"Hehe, mission accomplished, time for phase two" Zephyr evilly smiled. With a backer that looked like he knew the headmaster he could go have fun as much as he wanted. 

When Zephyr returned to the dorms he encountered a rather awkward  situation, there were six bandaged youths and around twenty extra kids standing beside them. Those kids looked a year older and bigger than the other eight year olds.

"What's this, a welcoming party?"

"I don't know how mister Ester could be called by the Headmaster by some matter but we don't need him to take care of you! Get him boys. Claude roared as he felt insulted and disrespected for that beating by a commoner.

The kids rushed at Zephyr but before they could surround and trap him, Zephyr rushed straight towards them, brandishing his fists and striking the sea of kids. Screams followed the sounds of beatings and after around five minutes, ten kids were piled up on the ground with Zephyr panting in the middle, clearly out of breath.

"There's a monster inside him!" A kid tearfully said.

"We still outnumber him and he's tired, nows our chance, attack immediately! Claude roared at the motionless kids he enlisted.

"Hehe, Shelly wants to join in the fun too! There's ten so five each" zephyr laughed aloud and rushed those kids with seemingly endless stamina and started throwing a couple people around. A black blur also emerged from who knows where and started throwing palms and haymakers that made any kid the recipient of those blows go unconscious immediately. Zephyr could feel his blood pumping and the world slow down as he once again felt that feeling again, but as he was looking for more people to prolong it, he noticed all twenty five of the kids were on the ground, beaten to submission. 

"Anybody else?" Zephyr looked at the crowd with a malevolent smile before quickly walking into the room. The hurt kids were soon woken up and taken away to recuperate. The first day ended in such infamy for Zephyr as a demon who could not stop his hands and was always itching for a fight. Claude also did not enter the room again and remained elusive from the group after that debacle. Zephyr looked at Aqua and nodded his head.

"You did well with going along with the flow" Zephyr chuckled.

"He he, us roommates got to look out for each other don't we? Aqua reminded with a smile.

They had grown closer, albeit with a strong fear of Zephyr and were able to interact harmoniously that night.

The next day shined brightly threw the dorm windows."Wake up, Zephyr we got to go! We'll be late to class on the first day!" Aqua panicked as he rushed Zephyr awake.

Zephyr was awoken with a tug on his blanket and quickly got dressed and ready and departed with his two new friends.

The academy was situated in a neat format, the elementary boys dorms were all together in the west wing of the territory. There was a plaza in the middle and the girls dorms to the north with the buildings for school on the right wing of the academy grounds. Thus it took the group of three roughly fifteen minutes to arrive to the school and get to their class. Zephyr immediately spotted Lute in his class and immediately went to sit with her, with his two "lackeys" following him obediently.

Lute gave a bright smile as she saw him but looked weirdly on as almost everyone around them starting packing their bags and make a wide space between them only after Zephyr arrived. 

"Weird, why'd everyone leave? No matter, hey Lute, what do you think we will learn in school. I've never been."

"My siblings said everything is boring the first two years and classes really get fun after everyone fully awakens." Lute replied in a whisper.

"Also, I heard our year, there's some special kids around a couple of academies who have already awakened and have become the pearl of their schools, or that's what my Father told me." Lute gave Zephyr some juicy info.

"Hmm, people awakened at the age of eight? And multiple ones at that spread across some academies in Liandry? That's exciting!" Zephyr immediately got excited as it seemed like the year wasn't going to be as boring as he hoped. 

"Everyone quiet down and give me your attention, my name is Linus Geese and I will be your homeroom teacher for your first two years. Linus looked a bit like a scholar and gave off a gentle air, he had a bit of white in his hair and looked around the age of forty. His hair was spiky and kind of long and dark, it matched with his brown pupils and he looked knowledgeable. 

"Since this is your first day at this new elementary of three streaks academy, I will summarize how things work here. It is a battle academy and even though you all probably haven't awakened yet, you all will still learn the art of combat. To the victor goes the spoils is the mantra both the elementary and real three streaks academy holds in practically everything. Of course while combat is essential and you all will partake in it, right now for the first year you all will just learn the way of the world and fundamentals of the spirit world and how summoning works. While people hold summoning ceremonies, that is for kids who generally did not train in energy first and therefore had to rely on luck or the ceremony. Scholars had learned that the more you practice in your energy, the more likely you are to awaken naturally and safely at a younger age. Since we obviously cannot start a lesson involving summonings, our main focus will revolve around boosting our energy, our class goal for this week will be to raise everyone to at least stage one." Linus rambled on about the class and other things related to energy, things Renault imprinted into Zephyr. So, hearing these explanations being regurgitated made him sleepy and he soon zoned out. Rather than taking a nap, Zephyr encountered an illusion and saw the class become enveloped in a black fog and one by one the classmates in the room started disappearing. He lunged beside him to keep hold of lute but her hand became a fog of smoke and disappeared as well. That nefarious chuckle soon resounded once again but this time the black book opened of its own accord and a glaring bright purple ray enveloped the horizon. Zephyr noticed that there were much more items added to the death section, 

Life: Shiede x5, Barrier x5, Ikrar x1 

Death: Five Ringed Snake, Bloody Palms, Shark Toothed Daggers. spiky Shield, Dizzying Spear, Anaconda Bow and Arrow

By now Zephyr came to an understanding of how his abilities worked. He needed to observe intently the summon in action and there was clearly a disparity in the gifts of the spirit world, people just took it as all weapons are equal but that's clearly incorrect. 

"Thus this black book summons other spirit world gifts and the number beside it is how many times it can be employed by me" Zephyr thought. "The death one is even simpler as it is just like life but the owners of the summonings are deceased and the black book maybe took ownership of something, that could explain the dark aura I felt when I saw those bandits break into ice pieces." Zephyr still couldn't help but feel that something was wrong with how evil the black aura was. He remembered he cracked two orbs but only the black book appeared but nothing else showed up except random hallucinations of chuckles.

0