[FINAL PART] The Season of Camellias by Xenoglossia
54 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

⚠️ TRIGGER / CONTENT WARNING:

This story contains explicit sex scenes that may be inappropriate for some readers.

 


 

Rhys hadn't seen Saliou in the longest time. Not since they'd started dating had they been apart from each other this long. But in the days they hadn't seen each other, he was given plenty of leeway to sort out his thoughts and ponder on his personal troubles.

As he should.

Sometimes, Rhys thought he and Saliou have been together forever. But back in the early days, he'd wake in the middle of the night to see Saliou beside him, and he'd be shocked because he isn't Matthew.

But now, he realized he hadn't felt any of those heavy, conflicting feelings of uncertainty in a long, long time. And his heart felt relieved. That meant he's finally moved on and stepped out of the shadow of a painful past.

He's really lucky Saliou is his. Lately the guy seemed happier, too. When Saliou told him about Wren being his Fated Pair, he didn't like it one bit. In fact, he was mad as hell. That fool made him act like a jealous, weak-willed monster. Until he remembered Saliou had been completely and unequivocally honest with him. Most importantly, he had chosen him, a mere Beta, over his fated mate. Only a massive idiot would look past such sacrifice and dedication.

It's time to focus on Saliou. On them. Entirely and without a speck of doubt.

Soon enough they'd be back. Soon enough he'd be back beside Saliou, right where he belonged.

 


 

Rhys decided to call and meet up with Saliou the following day. Today is a Saturday, after all. He figured Saliou would be spending time with his niece and he knew just how sacred this day is for the other.

But now he could hear his phone ringing. He glanced at the countertop next to the cash register where his phone sat in its little charger, and the name 'Saliou' flashed on its screen. His heart skipped a beat and his brows knitted into a frown.

I thought he'd wait and wanted me to call? Rhys wondered, a smile crossing his lips. He must miss me a lot.

He excused himself and asked Nicola to take over at the cash register, as he stepped outside the shop to answer the call.

"Sal?" Rhys pressed the phone closer to his ear, eager to hear the other's voice after what seemed like an eternity. Yet there was no word, except for the sound of someone sighing deeply at the other end of the line. He called the other's name again. Still no answer.

Rhys started feeling bad about himself. And with still no word from the other, he worried Saliou might actually be upset – and an upset Saliou was a terrible thing. "Sal?" he called out a third time. "Sal, listen. I'm sorry I should've called sooner but – "

"Hey," a voice other than Saliou's reached Rhys' ear. This one was deeper, more resonant. His stomach seized almost immediately at its familiarity. It was a voice that chilled him. The voice of someone he didn't want to be near Saliou.

Rhys stopped breathing for a second as he stared down at the phone screen, trying to think rationally. And then, he pressed it back against his ear, gripped it as tightly as he could.

"It's Wren. I... I don't know how to begin explaining, to be honest, but – "

"Where's Saliou? Why's his phone with you? Why are you with him?" Rhys demanded abrasively, failing to keep his cool. Somehow his hands were shaking. Fear, anger, and not just a little confusion flooded his system almost instantly. "Get him on the phone. Let me talk to him."

Wren's voice was muffled, and Rhys had to strain his ear just to hear the other's answer as he breathes it to him. Something about Saliou not able to be on the phone. Something about him needing to calm down. And that he needed to go and get Saliou fast. The whole time, Rhys could hear his own heart beating so loudly and incessantly, he felt sure the man on the other end could hear it, too.

Once again, he demanded Wren to put Saliou on the phone.

"Listen here, buddy," Wren said, letting out a sharp sigh. "If you don't get your ass down here, I'm going to make it so you'll never see Saliou again. You hear me? Come down to Idomouth right now."

Rhys couldn't quite recall what happened next after hanging up the phone.

One of his staff stuck his head out the door. "Boss? Boss!"

"Rhys!" Nicola called out. "Everything okay? Where are you going? Hey – " She wasn't able to finish her sentence.

Rhys heard voices in the background, calling out his name. But the next thing he knew, he was in his car, driving ninety miles an hour through Glapshire toward Idomouth. 

 


 

Rhys Porter had never felt so scared and confused his whole life. The thirty-minute drive was nothing short of torturous. He had no idea if Saliou was alright or not, and it made him feel helpless. What if the Alpha had done something awful to him? Or god forbid, he already...

Rhys shook his head as feelings of remorse started creeping in. He should've called Saliou sooner. Should've just faced the problem together instead of making Saliou face it alone. And now look where it had brought them!

He tried to push away the grim thoughts from his mind when Wren Dumont's house finally came into view. He saw Saliou's car parked out front next to a black sedan, a generally surefire indication that his boyfriend was in the house with the Alpha.

Rhys brought his car to an abrupt halt in front of the veranda and spared no time to dash out and head to the front door, which was unlocked, as Wren had said.

Cautiously, he cracked the door open just enough to stick his head inside and crane his neck around, looking to see if anyone was in sight. At once, the thick scent of a rutting Alpha's pheromones assaulted his nostrils. However, this scent was mixed with a light and sweet aroma he'd never smelled before. He felt it laying siege to his senses, overpowering his brain.

Rhys drew in a sharp breath as he proceeded along the hallway, his footsteps silenced by the thick carpeting as he walked across the expansive living room. Not certain what he'd find, he peeked around the corner. He could see movement directly across from him on the staircase. As he squinted, he could make out the outline of a person sitting at the bottom of the stairs. Rhys could feel his adrenaline pumping; his mind racing with a flood of thoughts.

Wren Dumont was every bit the picture of a forlorn man, his shoulders hunched, head bowed, hands clasped tightly together. Up close, Rhys noticed the bandage covering the Alpha's right hand, which was red and soaked in blood.

But Rhys didn't care about all that. His jaw tightened, his nostrils flaring. Hands clenched into fists, he rushed furiously at Wren, intent on knocking him to the floor and beating him senseless. 

Rhys grabbed the Alpha by the shirt, gazing in his face with eyes that burned with a madman's glare. "What did you do to him? Where is he? Where the fuck are you keeping Saliou?" he fumed, wanting nothing more than to destroy the man in front of him.

But the Alpha didn't so much as flinch. He remained quiet and unmoved, even as the Beta raised a fist to strike him in the face.

It wasn't too long ago when Rhys had last seen Wren, but he was shocked by how different the man looked. Unlike the strong, aggressive, arrogant Alpha that would roar and charge even as blood poured out of him, this man in front of him now looked weary, resigned, and almost broken in an awful kind of way. Rhys knew he wasn't one to talk, but Wren looked utterly pathetic.

Rhys loosened his grasp on Wren's shirt and dropped his fist to his side. "Please. Just tell me where Saliou is," he pleaded, looking at the Alpha in despair.

Wren finally looked up at him, his eyes dark and hollow, his expression motionless. "Upstairs," he said, his voice hoarse, as if fighting back tears that clawed at his throat. "In the bedroom to your right."

Rhys went past him and rushed speechlessly up the stairs. But before he could reach the top, Wren called out, "When you get home, make sure to give him a double dose of heat suppressants. Do it as soon as possible."

Rhys bit his lip, his forehead creased into a frown. "What the hell did you do to him...?" he hissed under his breath.

Before Wren could reply, the Beta rushed across the corridor and opened the door to the master bedroom.

 


 

That peculiar, sensuous aroma Rhys had smelled earlier, was thicker and stronger now. He hadn't smelled anything so sweet and alluring, and it's making him feel all kinds of things. It filled the room, slowly engulfing his thoughts and senses.

The room beyond was dark, save for one dimly lighted lamp on the nightstand. From where he stood, he could see Saliou's silhouette move to the edge of the edge, visibly shaking.

"Rhys?" Saliou called out to him, the effort making his voice a guttural whisper. "Rhys, is that you?"

Rhys rushed to his side, his heart racing with dread. He knew how frightened Saliou must be, and so he gathered him up in his arms and held him close.

"I'm sorry, Sal. I'm sorry I'm late," he muttered, voice laced with the remorse he was feeling. "I was so afraid something awful's happened to you. Calm down. I'm here now."

Saliou was trembling, his muscles tense and rigid. He could hardly speak, but he was straining to say something. Rhys leaned closer.

".... heat. It's a wild heat," the Omega said, his voice close to a murmur. "This never happened to me before and... I don't know what to do, Rhys." He wrapped his arms around the Beta's neck and pulled himself closer to the other.

Rhys touched the back of his hand to Saliou's cheek. He was burning up. Even more concerning was that the lingering scent was coming from Saliou. It was practically leaking out of him.

This must be an Omega's pheromones. He concluded with himself. In all the years he'd been with Saliou, this was the first time he's actually sensed it. And it's making his head buzz, making him feel warm and oozy inside.

Could a wild heat be so intense that it's actually triggering his first ever pseudo-rut? What more could it be for an Alpha who had to experience a full-blown rut in the presence of an Omega in heat?

"How'd you end up here, Sal?" Rhys wondered as he took Saliou's hand and squeezed it lightly. "What happened? Did... Did he touch you? Did he do anything to you?"

Saliou sniffled slightly and shook his head. He lifted his gaze to Rhys' face, his dark-brown eyes pleading. "I want to go home, Rhys. Please. Let's leave this place right now."

Rhys figured he should save the questions for later. Right now, he had to get Saliou out of the house. Take him as far away from the Alpha as possible. "Alright. Okay. Let's get you out of here," he said as calmly as he could. Saliou wrapped his legs around Rhys' waist as he placed his hands around Saliou's buttocks, hoisted him up from the bed, and carried him out of the bedroom.

Wren was still sitting in the same spot looking all dejected. He perked up when he saw the couple walking down the stairs from his room. "Is – Is he okay?" he asked as he slowly got to his feet, eyes fixed on Saliou who turned his head away from him and buried his face in Rhys' neck, clinging on to him even more tightly. "I'm – I'm sorry... I didn't know what got into me. I really am so sorry..." he said, apologizing profusely, almost in the verge of tears.

Still carrying Saliou, Rhys brushed past the Alpha without sparing him a backward glance.

"Don't forget what I told you, okay? Two doses. It should stop the heat," Wren reminded firmly.

Stopping in his tracks, Rhys turned to look back at the Alpha. He met the other's gaze with vindictive hostility, his cold glare turning deadly by the second.

"Saliou is mine," Rhys said possessively, making sure his message came across the way he intended it. "I don't want you anywhere near him. So the next time you do something like this again, I'll make sure you're gonna' get more than just a punch in the face."

Without another word, Rhys stepped out of the house, slamming the door behind him as he went.

The whole place went from silent to deathly silent. The temperature seemed to have plummeted in an instant. Wren felt cold with dread as he began to shiver. He slumped to the floor, pulled his knees to his chin, and wrapped his arms around his legs. And then, he burst into tears of guilt and absolute shame.

He was alone. Truly alone.

Saliou had left him. This time, for good.

And there was no way in hell he could ever get his Omega back.

 


 

The drive back to Glapshire was a long and hard one. Rhys struggled to bring anything into sharp focus. Even though it didn't help him much to do so, he leaned forward over the wheel as he fought to remain alert and see the road ahead.

How can an Omega's pheromones be so overpowering, it's even affecting a Beta? Just what did Wren Dumont do to make Saliou go off like this?

Saliou was beside him in the passenger seat, squirming and shaking like a helpless infant, breaking into a cold sweat. Rhys opened the window as the Omega's pheromones wafting through the enclosed space of the car's tight interior, was a weight pressing on his chest.

He glanced at Saliou, then looked back to the road. "We're almost there, babe. Keep it together," he said as he reached out to touch Saliou just once, just briefly. His hand lightly cupped the other's cheek. He was even warmer than before.

Saliou caught his wrist, holding his hand against him. He was fighting to keep breathing normally, to stay in his seat. "My body's burning up inside," he muttered as he turned his head just enough to kiss the palm of Rhys' hand.

They were now just a quarter mile away from Saliou's apartment. Rhys sped up and passed a line of cars waiting for the next exit. "We're almost there now. Where'd you put your suppressants? In the medicine cabinet? You need to take them as soon as we get home, okay?"

"Haven't I waited long enough?" Saliou mumbled, his voice barely audible.

Rhys cocked his head to the side. "Huh?"

Saliou bit down on his lower lip as he pulled closer toward Rhys, sitting as close to the other as the handbrake between the seats would allow. "I want you. I've waited long enough, Rhys. I want you to hold me," he murmured as he wedged a hand firmly between Rhys' thighs.

Rhys shook his head lightly and swallowed hard against the temptation. "Sal, you can't be serious. Look at you. You can barely even sit up straight." Yet his body flooded with desire at the Omega's words. He, too, needed to keep himself together.

"You can't possibly leave me like this," Saliou objected as he gasped inwardly, another wave of need hitting him. Whether intentionally or not, he certainly wasn't making it easy for the Beta to control his urges.

"Which is why you need to take the suppressants, Sal," Rhys insisted firmly. He reached across the Omega, pushing him back into the seat, deftly clicking his seat belt in place.

Saliou's eyes flashed disappointment at the Beta. "You don't want to hold me?"

"Please don't put words into my mouth," returned Rhys softly. "I'd only end up straining your body. Because no matter how many times we do it, there's no way I could help subside your heat. You know that very well."

Rhys whirled the steering wheel, rounding the corner that led to Saliou's brownstone apartment. Finally, they made it in one piece. He didn't have time to park the car, just pulled over to the curb and cut the engine. And then, he got out and walked to the passenger's side, opening Saliou's door.

"Wait." Saliou grabbed Rhys' arm, pulling him back into the car and into his arms. He kissed Rhys in the mouth, hard.

The Beta was taken by surprise. He struggled to his feet, putting one hand on the hood of the car. "P –Please. I'm not ready for this. We can't do this," he warned the other.

In answer, the Omega pressed his mouth closer to Rhys. This time, more insistent, as if he was challenging the other. Goading him.

This isn't fair, Rhys thought. Saliou knew better than anyone else how much he easily gives in to his whims.

"I don't care. I just want you. I want to be one with you," Saliou said, voice low and seductive. He swept the tip of his tongue along Rhys' upper lip, a lick and a promise, and then wrapped a leg around his waist, pulling the Beta even closer until he leaned his weight against him.

Rhys closed his eyes and kissed Saliou back, for all he's worth. He couldn't help the low groan he let out, a sound Saliou matched with his own muffled moans. He pressed himself against the Omega harder, lifting his hips up to grind against him. And while the handbrake dug into Saliou's back, he didn't really care, because he felt Rhys against him, hard and needy, just like his mouth. And then, he started tugging at Rhys' jeans, fingers working on the buttons.

Rhys looked up at him, breaking the kiss with a shake of his head. "Don't."

Saliou gazed at him searchingly, a look of utter disappointment painted across his face. "You're not aroused at all?" he questioned. A hard, throbbing bulge pushed against his palm. He pressed more firmly, struggled to wrap his fingers around the ridge of flesh straining against Rhys' jeans. Even through the thick denim, he could feel the weight and length of the other's growing erection. "You know I won't let you get away with just dry-humping me."

Rhys couldn't believe the words coming out of his lover's mouth. This was definitely the Omega instinct talking, and it's only building up his need.

"That's not my point."

"Then what is?"

Rhys ran a hand over his eyes and let out a sharp breath. "Once your heat subsides and your mind clears up, you'll regret all this. You hear me? And I... I don't want you to hate me, Sal."

"Rhys Porter," Saliou muttered, as he placed a hand around the Beta's neck, kissing him softly, eyes glazed with desire. "What's there to hate? I'm going to be held by the person I love the most. And in my current state, I'm going to make the both of us feel even better." His lips curved into a playful grin as he leaned close and whispered in the other's ear, his breath hot and potent. "You have my consent, so let's make it worth our while, shall we?"

"God, you're driving me crazy," Rhys admitted as his mouth returned to claim the Omega's lips.

"Good," Saliou said between fiery kisses. "You've been driving me crazy, too."

Rhys struggled with his conscience until finally, his need won out. He quickly unbuckled Saliou's seatbelt, scooped him up, and carried him into the apartment.

Tonight, Saliou was all his, and he's a man who knew what he and the other craved for.

 


 

The moment the door shut behind them, Rhys and Saliou pulled and ripped at each other's clothes, yearning for the naked bodies beneath.

Saliou's mouth came back to Rhys', seeking. The Beta responded roughly, pressing his mouth to the other's, matching eagerness for eagerness as he pushed the Omega against the wall, pinning him. Beneath his hands, Saliou heated up even more, melting, molding himself to his body. And as he rained kisses all over the Omega's face, his other hand clung to the other's neck, possessive and demanding.

Saliou smelled oh-so-good, so intoxicating that he could've gotten as drunk as a lord. It's no wonder Alphas go crazy and lose themselves around an Omega in heat.

Rhys got rid of Saliou's shirt and pants, which were already getting in the way of things. And then, he slid Saliou's boxers down under his legs, letting them fall into a pool of clothes beneath his feet.

One hand gripped the Omega's bare buttocks, while the other slithered up the Omega's thighs as Rhys sought to feel the naked skin beneath. "My god..." he whispered as his fingers came away wet with the other's slick. He slid a finger deep inside Saliou, making his body jolt from the pure pleasure of it. Pleased by the other's reaction, Rhys pushed further so that his palm was pressed against the heat of Saliou's entrance.

Saliou's muscles clenched tightly in answer around the Beta's keen finger. He pushed his palms against the wall as if its hardness would serve as an anchor, and then braced the rest of his weight by wrapping a leg around the other's hips. Finally finding leverage, he arched his hips closer to Rhys, showing him just how turned on he was. How much he wanted him right now.

The soft moans and whimpers coming from the Omega was music to Rhys' ears. He pressed his finger in as gently as he could, getting the other used to the alien sensation. He moved his finger inside and out, continued to loosen Saliou, before pushing another inside.

Saliou's whimper rippled down his body as he slowly opened to Rhys' invasion. And just when he thought he was ready, Rhys inserted a third finger, and then a fourth.

Rhys gasped, kept rocking his hand as he watched every bit of reaction he got from the other. He teased Saliou, wanting to raise his arousal further by grazing over his prostate. The Omega let out a shuddering breath as his thoughts dissolved into blankness. He arched closer to Rhys, rubbing his own hard length against the Beta's body.

It seemed as though nothing could quench the fire burning Saliou from the inside out. He claimed the Beta's mouth once more and as his tongue pushed past the other's lips, Rhys opened his mouth just as hungrily.

And then, Rhys looked deep into Saliou's eyes. They were both gasping for air, breathing hard and fast as they ended the kiss.

"I'm not gonna' lie," Rhys started, his voice deep and raspy, almost sounding like a growl. "I want to make love to you. Hell, I want to fuck you so hard you'll forget your own name once I'm done." 

For a moment, words failed to come out of Saliou's lips. He expected to overheat soon and swoon at the look in the Beta's eyes, the yearning in his words, like he was in some kind of old-fashioned romantic movie. He'd never wanted anyone as badly as he wanted this man before him. He felt he was about to burst with need down there, his thoughts fuzzy with his own lust.

Saliou stared up at the other with his languorous, screw-me eyes, because the idea of being fucked senseless by Rhys Porter, is just too much to bear. "I think I could live with that," he responded playfully, finally finding his voice as his eyes shifted to the Beta's swollen lips.

Rhys growled as he pulled Saliou into another fierce kiss. They kissed as they fumbled their way towards the bathroom. Saliou didn't spare a thought to ask what the other had in mind. He wasn't about to stop kissing him for anything. He was barely aware of Rhys rummaging through the medicine cabinet for his stash of heat suppressants.

Saliou tilted his head to the side. "What are you doing?" he asked, his voice fluttering.

"We can't keep going without you taking these," Rhys said as he popped open a bottle of pills and poured a couple into his hand.

Saliou clamped his lips shut in an effort to avoid the pills, but his effort was wasted. Rhys was stronger and as he applied pressure to his fingers, Saliou's mouth just fell open. He placed the pills into the Omega's mouth, then poured some water after them. Saliou felt the pills sliding down his throat almost immediately.

"Now, that wasn't so bad, was it?" Rhys kissed the tip of Saliou's nose. "Now, where were we? Oh, right..." He cupped Saliou's buttocks and lifted him to his feet once more, carrying him out of the bathroom and down the hall, into the bedroom. 

 


 

Saliou practically tore off Rhys' shirt, getting it out of the way as swiftly as he could so he could keep kissing the other. He traced a searing path over the Beta's bare skin, caressed him up his sides to his chest, lingering over each nipple, teasing them until they pebbled and stood up in hard, taut nubs. A groan of pleasure escaped the Beta's lips.

And then, gently but firmly, Rhys pushed Saliou onto the bed. He was lying there completely naked, his legs slightly spread, his throbbing erection jutting eagerly as he gazed up at Rhys.

The Beta's eyes blazed at the marvelous sight that lay before him. He began to strip off the rest of his clothes, yanking off his pants and boxers and tossed them over the edge of the bed.

Saliou's cock twitched at the sight of the other's nakedness. The desire pooling between his thighs was growing desperate, a needy ache that needed to be satiated as soon as possible. Desperately, he wrapped a hand around his own length, gripped it tightly with just enough pressure. It was agonizing having to control himself and not pump his hand up and down his own cock while staring up at Rhys. Otherwise, he'd lose himself completely.

Rhys' heated gaze never left Saliou, either. He basked in the Omega's pheromones, his arousal, his very being. "See what happens when I look at you naked and horny?" A predatory grin appeared on his face as he, too, wrapped a hand around his own pulsing flesh, pumping with long and measured strokes.

Saliou could only nod wordlessly. He could feel his heart in his throat. "Rhys, please," he murmured, his toes curling and uncurling, his cock dribbling pre-come, now mixed with his own slick. "Please, I need to come."

"Soon," Rhys replied, as he walked over to Saliou, knelt between his thighs, and kissed his hardened length. He felt it throb and stir between his lips. He inhaled the dizzying scent of the Omega's slick and nuzzled at his balls, gently taking each one into his mouth, tongue swirling around the smooth, velvety skin.

Saliou moaned and squirmed under Rhys, trembling with pleasure as Rhys dragged his tongue along the wet, sensitive spot that led to his opening. There was no need for lube this time. Saliou was practically soaked with his own slick. Slowly and methodically, Rhys inserted his tongue, pushed the tip beyond the puckered hole, sending the Omega mewling with delight.

Rhys was so hard now, he was aching for release. He raised his head, trailing his tongue back up over Saliou's balls to his rigid member, where he paused to lick at the pearl-like droplet oozing from its slit. And then, he leaned across Saliou and reached an arm to the bedside drawer.

Saliou raised his head slightly to look at Rhys, frowning. "What are you doing?"

"Just gonna' grab a condom. You've kept some in here, right?"

Saliou responded by squeezing Rhys' head between his thighs, preventing him from moving. "No. Not this time." His voice was firm and resolute.

Rhys gave him a questioning look. This was standard procedure when they have sex. He could do it raw when Saliou wasn't in heat. In fact, they could do it as much as they wanted to because Saliou won't become pregnant outside his estrus period. Otherwise, whether he liked it or not, Rhys would have to wear protection until his partner's next cycle comes around. Saliou simply didn't want to take the risk, and he respected that.

Rhys sighed deeply as he placed his hands on Saliou's knees, parting his legs open so he could sit up and lean against the other. "You're not thinking straight right now. You know wild heats tend to be more risky. So even if I'm Beta, the chance of you getting pregnant is pretty high right now," Rhys reminded Saliou humorlessly. "I know your stand on this and I respect that. I wouldn't want to cross the line, either."

Saliou pushed himself up on his elbows and returned the other's bold stare. "Then I give you my utmost permission to cross the fucking line right now," he said, his voice almost a shout.

Rhys bowed his head and swallowed hard. "But... I don't want you to regret it."

"I won't."

"don't want to regret it."

Saliou was losing his patience by the second. "That'll only happen if you don't have my consent." He placed his hands against the other's cheeks and drew his face close to his. "But you have my consent, Rhys. If it's with you, I'm willing to take the risk. Now please..." He leaned back in bed and wound his legs around Rhys' waist, giving him greater access.

Rhys gazed down at Saliou through hooded eyes, filled with desire and wanton longing. He placed his hands on the other's hips and raised his body, positioning himself at Saliou's entrance. He coated his fingers with the Omega's own slick, pushing one finger, then two, inside his soft opening, before gently easing out and replacing them with the swollen head of his shaft.

He couldn't wait any longer. He had to have Saliou now.

"Ready?"

The Omega groaned. "If you don't fuck me right now, I'm going to push you down and do it myself."

Rhys would have laughed had he not been so intent on his goal. Saliou was never the chatty type in bed. Never been so vulgar. So he might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

Saliou watched with wide eyes as the Beta pressed forward, his slickened cock pushing past the tight ring of muscles. Slowly, ever so carefully, Rhys shoved in deeper.

"Fuck, yes," Saliou mewled as he grasped Rhys by the shoulders. He closed his eyes and leaned his head back, allowing himself to focus on the pleasure of being filled slowly.

Rhys eased himself further down, drawing his thickness deep inside Saliou. Once he was fully planted, he paused to let Saliou's body adjust to his length. When their eyes met and Saliou nodded, he began to pump rhythmically in and out of the Omega's heated core. Slowly at first. Long and deep.

Rhys supported himself with one hand as the other gripped Saliou's erection, matching the measured strokes he'd created. This made the Omega moan even more, shuddering violently as waves of ecstasy flowed through him. Nothing in the world felt as good as this. All of a sudden, all of Saliou's fears, all his worries had evaporated from his mind.

Once they were both primed, Rhys began to mercilessly work Saliou's cock as he increased the speed of his thrusts. Saliou cried out Rhys' name again and again, his head tossed back as the Beta drilled into him even harder, plunging deeper, his hand working on his length brutally and relentlessly.

Saliou wrapped his arms around Rhys' neck and brought him down for a hard and hungry kiss. Tongues intertwined, tussling inside each other's mouths, bringing the heat up even further. Saliou moved his hips up, grinding in unison with the Beta's rhythm.

He was hot inside. He felt full. All of that told him Rhys is inside him. He is one with him.

Saliou leaned close to the other's ear. "I love you," he whispered as he ran his hands over Rhys' back, savoring the feel of his ripped, tightly bunched muscles under the soft, wet skin. "You must know I love you, Rhys Porter."

Saliou's words were like an incantation that burned a fire inside Rhys. He could feel his orgasm building, but he fought to hold it back as long as he could. "I hear you, Sal. I hear you. I love you, too," he said as he began to pound Saliou even faster, unleashing the beast inside him.

Their bodies were now covered in sweat, in perfect harmony with each other. And with every thrust, Saliou could feel Rhys even deeper inside him. He tightened his arms and legs around the other, clinging on to Rhys' body as they rocked together, kissing each other greedily.

"You don't have to be so gentle," Saliou grumbled, too far gone to be modest.

"Want me to fuck you harder?" Rhys asked between wet kisses.

"Yes," Saliou replied. "I need it."

Rhys let out a low growl as he tugged on the other's chin to lift his gaze. "Harder and rougher?"

Saliou whimpered. "Yes. Yes."

"God, I love this side of you," Rhys said as he lifted Saliou's legs and hooked them against his shoulders. The Omega was vulnerable to him, in this position, allowing him to go deeper and harder than before. And then, he quickened his thrusts, his rhythm becoming more irregular. His breathing was harsh and deep now, signaling an imminent orgasm. "Come... I'm going to come soon."

"Together now." Saliou bucked his hips upward, matching his lover's strokes, forcing his erection through Rhys' fist to increase the friction, determined they would climax together.

It wasn't long before Rhys' body tensed up. He drove all the way in and gripped Saliou's buttocks as tightly as he could, pushing him from the edge of the bed and lifting him upright as he came apart and released himself deep inside the Omega.

It was one of the most magnificent things Saliou had ever witnessed. The sight of his lover's enraptured face as he climaxed, groaning and arching his back, his body pulsating between his legs as he filled him up with his seed.

Before he knew it, Saliou could feel his own orgasm building up, intense heat spreading through his body. He let out a loud moan as he came, unleashing a torrent of his essence between their tightly pressed bodies.

Saliou's body shuddered underneath Rhys'. And as Rhys came down from his orgasm, he opened his eyes and gazed down at Saliou, a wide grin formed on his lips. The Omega smiled back with a bemused, satiated smile, showing the other just how happy and satisfied he was.

"Amazing... You're so amazing..." Rhys eased himself out of Saliou slowly, making sure not to hurt him. They were both breathing fast, gasping for air.

Rhys then leaned over Saliou and took his lips in a kiss, which Saliou responded in kind, kissing his way down Rhys' jawline and neck.

Rhys closed his eyes again and gave himself to the other's kisses. He barely had energy left to kiss back. He claimed Saliou's lips for a final kiss before shifting his weight to lie quietly beside the other.

But Saliou had something else in mind. With the heat still abating, the Omega obviously wanted more.

Before Rhys could even pause to breathe, Saliou was back at it, forcing his limbs into action as he shifted down Rhys' body, resting between his legs. He stooped to kiss Rhys' softened cock, feeling it stirring and coming back to life beneath his lips. Saliou inhaled the intoxicating scent of freshly spent semen, breathing in the heady man-scent that coupled with his own honeyed slick. These two aromas mixed together just sent the Omega wild with desire.

Rhys was there again, ready and hard in Saliou's hand. He flashed a wicked grin as he gripped Rhys tightly, his lips ghosting over his hardened length. "You're such a marvel. Please tell me we've only just started." He then took Rhys in his mouth, feeling his throat open as the Beta's pulsing erection slid smoothly all the way down his throat.

Rhys grunted, leaning back as he dug his fingers into Saliou's hair, feeling his length sliding harder and deeper into the other's greedy throat. "Give... Give me a moment here," he muttered between clenched teeth. He closed his eyes, still trying to catch his breath, his mind still reeling from the force of his orgasm. He just wasn't ready for a second round - at least not yet - but he couldn't afford to tell Saliou that. Instead, he let out a soft chuckle and said, "Is it just me or do you have the energy of two raging bulls right now?"

Saliou pulled Rhys out of his mouth and shifted up on his elbow, wiping his lips with the pad of his thumb as he stared up at the other. He decided to hold back and wait. Give Rhys the moment he knew he needed.

"There's enough time for a short nap, is there?" Rhys suggested.

"Yes, please. You'll need all the energy to get through what's coming for you later," Saliou said jokingly as he climbed in beside Rhys, snuggling against him greedily. He loved the warm feeling of the Beta's skin. He loved the sound of his voice and his heart pounding against his chest. He loved his scent – a faint yet masculine scent that always seemed to have a soothing effect on him.

Deep inside, Saliou was dancing with happiness and contentment.

For a moment, there was a comfortable silence between them. They lay quietly together for a long time, listening to the ticking of the clock on the bedside table, listening to each other's breathing, simply enjoying each other's presence.

After a while, Rhys broke the silence. "Are you happy, Sal?" he asked, his voice a low rumble. He couldn't help but smile at the sated look on his lover's face. He lay there like a debauched angel, his head resting against his chest, eyelids heavy.

"Yes... Absolutely," Saliou muttered softly, still smiling, just enjoying how the other felt against him.

Rhys threaded a hand through Saliou's hair and planted a kiss on his forehead before saying, "I love you, Sal. Don't forget that."

The Omega's smile lit up his entire world. "And I love you more," he replied as he closed his eyes and rubbed his cheek against Rhys' chest. "Thank you for coming to save me, Rhys. I owe you so much. Just... thank you for everything."

Saliou didn't want this night to end so soon yet somehow, as he basked in the scent and feel of Rhys' presence, he found himself drifting off to sleep.

But now, all is well. Everything is perfect. After all, he's in the arms of the person who matters most to him, and he'd never felt safer.

For the first time in his life, Saliou Matisse felt whole.

 


 

Saliou woke up early the following day feeling like a complete train wreck, as the sound of the alarm clock reverberated in his ears. He was breathing hard, chest heaving as he struck the alarm clock, shutting off the annoying sound.

The early-morning sunlight had already passed through the gaps between the curtains, slanting across the Omega's face, making him squint to block out the blinding rays. With a grumble, he rolled over on his side, blinking away the remnants of sleep.

Rubbing his eyes, Saliou tried to get his bearings as he racked his brain to recall everything that happened the night before. But the aches all over his body were making it hard to think straight, if at all. Groggily, he looked over at Rhys' side of the bed and noticed it was already made up, with his boyfriend nowhere in sight. With a weary sigh, Saliou forced himself to get out of bed.

As he sat up and pulled back the covers, he found himself completely naked. He glanced back at the alarm clock to check the time. It read 7:24 AM. He wasn't sure what day of the week it was. He tried to get up, but the first step he tried to take spoke volumes.

Every muscle in his body was sore, but this was a completely different kind of ache. It was surging all over his body, from head to toe.

Saliou trailed a hand between his legs and groaned. And then, as he looked further down his body, his eyes widened with astonishment.

He'd been aware of the occasional hickeys being left but he would've had to be blind not to notice just how many there were this time around. He quickly grabbed a hand mirror from the bedside table and held it up to his neck. Gasping, his mouth dropped open.

"Oh, my god..."

He slapped a hand to his neck as he tilted his head from side to side, watching himself in the mirror.

Bite marks. Red, raw, and stinging on both sides of his neck, along with several more hickeys. They were absolutely everywhere, and his hand did nothing to cover them.

Memories of last night's debauchery returned to him in a flash. Rhys had claimed every bit of him. Evidence of their lovemaking were all over his chest, his shoulders, his legs. A couple of sizeable bruises marred the inside of his thighs where the Beta's hips had rammed into him.

Saliou blushed profusely and smiled to himself as he replayed all the passionate lovemaking in his mind.

Last night, he and Rhys had woken up from their nap, at 10 PM. They walked to the shower to wash up but instead of finishing that shower, they ended up against the wall making love while the last of the hot water kept them warm. And then, fresh from the shower, they fucked again without even drying off. He recalled falling asleep again, but woke up and fucked once more, at three in the morning. He and Rhys kept at it, making love until his wild heat had finally subsided and they were both utterly spent and had nothing left to squeeze out. It was marathon sex like no other!

Saliou didn't think he had it in him but it was real, it happened, and he had to wonder how and where he got all that pent-up sexual energy from.

But then, somehow, his mind wandered further into yesterday's unsettling confrontation with Wren...

Before he could ruminate on it, however, the sound of the front door opening snapped him from his reverie. He quickly put on some boxers and a T-shirt but before he could step out of the bedroom, Rhys had come in and soundlessly closed the door behind him.

Rhys was wearing a pair of black jogging pants and a hoodie jacket of only a few shades lighter. He looked as if he had just come in from jogging, yet he wasn't drenched in sweat and still had his bed hair. He had a surprised look on his face when he saw Saliou already up and dressed.

"Why are you up so early? Why don't you go back to bed, Sal? It's Sunday," he said as he approached Saliou. He dropped a brown paper bag on the bedside table before sitting next to the other.

Saliou pinched the bridge of his nose and released a sigh. "And you? Aren't you supposed to be at the shop right now?"

Rhys lifted his shoulder in a half shrug. "Yeah, well, I just came from the shop. Just dropped by to tell the guys I'm taking the day off and just do the paperwork at home. Also dropped by the apartment to check on Bubblegum and drop her off at the pet sitter's," he explained.

"You should've just brought her over," Saliou suggested.

"It's fine," Rhys said as he scooted closer to Saliou. "I also made a couple stops along the way and grabbed us some breakfast." He pointed to the brown paper bag on the table.

Saliou studied the other's face for a moment. "Why'd you have to do all these? Do you feel unwell?"

Rhys shook his head. "I want to stay with you today. Besides, we haven't really had any proper sleep, have we?" He winked at Saliou mischievously and pecked him on the cheek.

Saliou gave him a sideways look, scowling. "Mr. Porter," he started as he pulled at his shirt collar and stretched his neck out, "would you mind explaining this to me?"

Rhys noticed the bruising and the bite marks on the other's neck, then gave the other a coquettish smile. "What? I was just marking my territory," he jested.

Saliou pursed his lips into a pout and narrowed his eyes at the Beta. "You're so brutal. How do you think can I cover these up when I get back to work? There's no way I'm going to face everyone looking like... like..."

"A hot and sexy mess," Rhys continued for him, chuckling.

The distressed look on the other's face told Rhys the serious and level-headed Saliou was back – a complete opposite from last night's messed-up, lecherous, devil-may-care Casanova.

"Rhys, I'm serious. Couldn't you have controlled yourself a bit?"

"You're one to talk, Mr. Matisse," Rhys replied with a facetious smile, before pulling his collar down to reveal equally brutal-looking love marks. "Want to see more?" He pulled up his jacket to expose more purple and pink splotches around both nipples, and scratches all over his chest and back. "Oh, hold on, there's more down here – "

Saliou's face turned beet red as Rhys' hand slithered down the waistband of his joggers. He quickly grabbed the other's hand and pushed it away. "Alright, alright. I get it. I'm sorry."

"Don't be," Rhys said as he eyed Saliou naughtily and pulled him into a tight hug. "Last night's Saliou was pretty hot and tireless, and I had fun." He leaned his mouth closer to the other's ear. "Did you?"

A hectic red flush crept up the Omega's neck to his ears as he looked away from Rhys. A couple of seconds later, he nodded, coyly.

Rhys smiled at this, but it quickly disappeared as he noticed how warm and flushed the other was.

"By the way... how are you feeling, Sal?"

"Much better, I guess," Saliou answered as he pressed his fingers against his temple. "Just feeling a little light-headed and queasy, but it's nothing a good breakfast can't fix."

Without thinking, Rhys placed his palm on Saliou's forehead, checking for a temperature. "You're still running a fever. I think it's only gotten worse since earlier this morning."

Saliou shut his eyes, allowing himself to lean into the Beta's hand for a few seconds. "I'm fine," he insisted, avoiding the other's gaze as he opened his eyes again. "Just a little tired."

"Yup. But you need to eat something first before going back to sleep," Rhys replied. He reached for the brown paper bag on the bedside table, then pulled out a blister pack of little white tablets. "You were already running a fever since before I left, and you ran out of Tylenol, so..." He popped one blister open and dropped a tablet on Saliou's palm.

"Thanks," muttered Saliou as he regarded the tablet in his palm, before popping it into his mouth.

"Sal... could it be a side effect?" Rhys asked gently, rubbing the Omega's back comfortingly as he studied his face.

"What do you mean?" Saliou's brows knitted in confusion. "Side effect of what?"

Rhys' hand stopped moving. He paused for a moment, bit his lips before saying, "Yesterday, with Mr. Dumont, you... he made you..."

All at once, the terrible memories from yesterday flooded Saliou's mind, making his stomach churn and his chest tighten. He slid closer to Rhys and wrapped his arms around the other's waist, resting his head on his shoulder.

"Yesterday, Wren was... He offered me a glass of wine and... there was something in it. I... I'm sure there was something in it, but I..." His voice trailed off in a gasp as his lower lip began to quiver. He caught it savagely between his teeth to steady it. And then, he felt a lump form in his throat. He tried to fight back the tears, but his eyes grew moist.

"You need to tell me what happened, babe. I need to know what that bastard did to you." Rhys looked into the other's eyes and saw the tears that were beginning to form. The stern look on his face softened immediately. "Please... I need to know so I can figure out what we need to do next."

Saliou's whole body was trembling. After a lingering moment, he dropped his gaze and nodded. "Just... Just give me a minute."

"Take all the time you want," the Beta said, a tenderness in his voice as he held the other tight against his body.

After a minute or two, Saliou gathered his bearings and told Rhys everything that had transpired, from the moment Florence told him about the brawl at The Pastry Emporium, up until he accepted the glass of wine from Wren. He told Rhys everything he could remember and by the time he's done, he broke down and sobbed.

The sight of Saliou's tear-stained face and swollen eyes made Rhys' heart ache. He wanted to cry yet at the same time, he wanted to scream out in anger and frustration. He shouldn't have left the damned Alpha unscathed. He should've bashed his head in right there and then.

He gazed at Saliou and placed his hands on his shoulders, trying to hold back the tears prickling his eyes. "You need to take legal action, Sal," he said in a low but firm voice. "He drugged you. He almost raped you. You can't let him get away with this!" When Saliou didn't respond, he added, "You have to report this to the police. If you won't, will."

Saliou let out a sharp breath as tears rushed down his cheeks once more. He knew Rhys was right. This was too serious to ignore. He nodded wordlessly, choking back sobs as he rubbed his face, wiping away tears.

"It'll be alright, Sal," Rhys said, face lit up with relief as he gathered Saliou back in his arms. "Everything will be alright. I'll help you get through this. I promise."

 


 

Two days had gone by since Saliou's world had gone haywire, yet he still failed to find his footing. And for Rhys, he'd already wasted too much time doing absolutely nothing to confront the problem. As much as he loves Saliou, he disliked having to deal with this indecisive, vacillating part of him. A side that tends to dwell too much on things even before they've happened.

Rhys wasn't about to just watch and wait. At this point, Saliou doesn't just need a gentle prod. He needed a push.

But letting the police know about the assault turned out to be the easiest part. Knowing the possibility that something much bigger was in play – that more people will get involved – prompted Rhys and Saliou to re-evaluate and plan their next move.

After a busy day at work, Rhys picked Saliou up from the museum and drove him to his parents' home in Amridge, intending to let them know what had happened.

The moment the couple arrived, they didn't spare any time for niceties and idle chatter. Saliou told them about a possible new and illicit drug that could pose a serious threat to Omegas. The fact that it could trigger a wild heat among Omegas likewise made it potentially dangerous for unbonded Alphas.

And then, after much hesitation, he spoke of Wren and the sexual assault. Saliou stuttered and was on the verge of tears when he told the elders what had transpired over the weekend.

His parents were distraught and devastated. This was especially tough for Saliou's mother, Sophia. Just a couple of months ago, she got wind of a rumor about the Dumonts' eldest son, Mason, and some clandestine "side project" he'd been working on, which allegedly had something to do with Omegas. Mrs. Matisse tried to look into Phoenix Medical's finances but found nothing suspicious.

If anything, the boy was getting financial assistance elsewhere.

It was too early to jump into any conclusions, but one thing was clear: Not only will this create a crack in the relationship between the Matisses and the Dumonts, they also need to brace themselves for the prospect that the pharmaceutical company will get dragged into court.

Saliou's heart wrenched at the sight of his parents crying. Once again, doubt overwhelmed him like a subtle enemy.

Should I really have come here? Was it wrong to get my parents entangled in this mess? And Flo... what will happen to her then? Is this really the lesser of two evils?

Pretty soon Saliou was crying, too.

"I'm sorry to have to tell you all this..."

"Now, now, darling, you did the right thing telling us," Mrs. Matisse said reassuringly, patting her son's hand. "Besides, we wouldn't like you leaving us in the dark about all this. Allow me to look into this matter more seriously, okay? I feel like the company has to be informed about this..."

Mrs. Matisse had just finished explaining to everyone the rumor she had heard about the Dumonts' eldest son when the doorbell rang. Saliou and Rhys looked at each other as Mr. Matisse went to answer the door and Mrs. Matisse went into the kitchen to fix them something to eat for dinner.

"It's gonna' be fine, babe," Rhys assured Saliou, resting a hand on top of the other's. "No matter what happens, you did what's right."

"I know..." Saliou said, barely above a whisper. "It's just that... I feel so bad about it. About everything."

"There's nothing to feel bad about. You're the victim here, Sal, and you have to start thinking about yourself before anyone else."

Saliou was just about to respond when they heard a voice yelling in anger.

"I want you off my porch, you get the hell away from my house, or I'll call the police on you!" It was Mr. Matisse.

"Dad, is everything alright?" Saliou scrambled across the living room to see what the fuss was all about.

"Get back, Saliou!" Mr. Matisse yelled.

Saliou stood there frozen, staring at the sight of Wren Dumont, a split second before Mr. Matisse slammed the door shut. He felt sick to his stomach.

"Father, I'm begging you! Please! Let me speak to him one last time!" Wren shouted through the door, knocking incessantly, begging to be let in.

"This guy's fucking crazy," Rhys hissed, shaking his head frustratingly as he grabbed his phone and dialed a number. "That's it, I'm calling the cops."

Saliou could discern, by the look of desperation on Wren's face and the high pitch of his voice, that he wasn't at a stage to be put off easily. So in spite of his fear, he slowly inched closer to the door.

"Put the phone down, Rhys," he said to the other as he drew in a long breath and let it out slowly. "I'll handle this." He placed a trembling hand on the doorknob.

"What do you think you're doing, Sal?" Rhys and Mr. Matisse bellowed, almost in unison.

"I'll handle this," Saliou repeated, with a little more determination in his voice. He gave them a reassuring look before turning to open the door.

Wren's face lit up at the sight of Saliou. But even through his weary smile, he looked even more haggard and care-worn than ever. His hair was disheveled and the dark stubble of a beard shadowed his chin and gaunt cheeks. The dark circles made his eyes appear sunken. He looked as though he hadn't slept a wink in days.

The Alpha was a pitiful mess and for a moment, Saliou just stood staring at him and couldn't look away. "What are you doing here, Wren? What do you want?" he demanded, his voice cold and callous.

Hearing the other's nervous sigh, Wren immediately felt how scared and upset Saliou was to see him. He couldn't help but look up and see the Omega staring at him bitterly, the grievances in his dark-brown eyes sending a chill through his bones.

"Please, Sal," the Alpha said, taking a step back and holding his hands in the air to show the other he meant no harm. "For the last time, hear me out. I've – I've crossed the line, I know. I understand that perfectly well now. I... I ended up hurting you, breaking your trust without even realizing it..."

Rhys stepped between Saliou and Wren. "Mr. Dumont," he began, his voice shaking with rage, "you better leave right now. And if you know what's good for you, you'll never come back. Leave Saliou alone!"

Wren glanced at the Beta snappily then looked over Saliou once more. "I know," he answered. "But I need to tell him something." There was a slight pause as he bowed his head, his lips quivering on the edge of tears. "You need to know something before I turn myself in."

The look of loathing on Saliou's face softened slightly. "You're turning yourself in?"

Wren nodded. "I intend to rectify myself and my mistakes, Sal. They don't define me. And you know well I won't be running away from this." He looked up at Saliou again, eyes flashing with determination. "I will take full responsibility for my actions. I'll do whatever it takes to win your forgiveness, Sal."

"You can keep your apologies to yourself, buddy," Rhys interjected as he placed a palm on the Alpha's chest and shoved him back.

"Rhys." Saliou grabbed the Beta by the shoulder and pulled him back. "Let me talk to Wren. Alone." His tone was grim and commanding.

Rhys' face twisted in shock. He set his mouth in a firm line and retorted with, "You can't be serious. That man's dangerous and you know better than to be alone with him!"

"He's right, son," Mr. Matisse seconded. "It's better to settle this matter in court."

Just then, they heard footsteps approaching as Mrs. Matisse appeared from the kitchen. Her reaction at the sight of Wren fell somewhere between shocked and disappointed. But before she could talk, Saliou stepped out on the porch and headed around the house.

"Let's go over to the gazebo and talk," he said, motioning Wren to follow him.

"I'll go with you," Rhys suggested, realizing it was futile to try and stop Saliou. "I don't want you alone with him."

"I'll be fine," the Omega insisted, wishing Rhys would just drop the matter. He whirled around to look at Wren, who was putting a safe distance between them. "I'll be fine, won't I, Wren?" To which the other nodded wordlessly. "See? I'll be fine."

Rhys bit down on his cheeks and balled his fists as he watched Saliou and Wren heading around the back of the house.

He'd have to wait it out. At this point, Rhys could only hope Saliou knew what he was doing. 

 


 

Wren sat down while Saliou remained standing, each at opposite ends of the gazebo. For a moment, there was no sound save the low, sad hum of crickets and the soft rustle of wind in leaves.

Saliou was quickly growing uncomfortable as the silence between them lengthened. He began rubbing his arms, fretting.

"How'd you know I was here?" he asked, startling Wren.

"I went to the museum. They told me you'd already left and just missed you by a few minutes. They refused to tell me your address, so I figured I'd come talk to Mother and Father instead. Tell them everything that's happened. And... I wasn't expecting to find you here, to be honest."

Saliou folded his arms across his chest and glanced over at Wren. "And Flo? Where's she?"

"At my parents'," replied Wren. "She has no idea what's been going on, Sal. And I... I don't know how to tell her." He ran his hands through his hair in frustration, grunting, hating every inch of his being.

Saliou closed his eyes then blew out a harsh breath. "Let's stop beating around the bush, Wren," he said rather impatiently. "What is it you want from me? What do you want me to do?"

Wren tried in vain to make eye contact with Saliou. Staring at the floor, he muttered, "Before anything else, I want to let you know how sorry I am for the way I treated you. It was inexcusable. Unforgivable."

Saliou sat down gingerly opposite Wren, arms still tightly folded against his chest. "You're right. It is. And right now, to be honest, I don't want to be around you. I'm afraid of you, Wren."

His words stung the Alpha. They were supposed to. A man with no remorse would have let Saliou's words bounce off his chest. He needed to vent. Let out all his frustrations. The least Wren could do was to listen and take it all in.

With his head still low, he said, "I've come to terms with all the wrong things I've done to you, Sal. I'm here to set things straight." He sat like stone for an excruciatingly long moment, his hands bunching into fists in his lap. "It's all my fault. I let my emotions get the better of me. I gave in to my instincts, I gave in to temptation, and I should've..." His voice trailed off for a moment, trying his best not to allow the sob to escape his throat. And then, finally, he looked up at Saliou with eyes that needed to make a confession. "I should've just gotten rid of those fucking pills...!"

Finally at his breaking point, Wren confessed everything to Saliou. He told him what had happened back at his house on that horrible day, how he got hold of the heat inducers and how it affects an Omega's body, and how his eldest brother had everything to do with the drug. Although Saliou already had an idea about all this, he was nonetheless shocked and devastated, now that it had come straight from the horse's mouth.

The moment Wren made the conscious choice to confess and open his heart to Saliou, a tidal wave of feelings rushed inside him as though a dam had broken. "I couldn't wrap my head around what I needed versus what I wanted, Sal. But now, all I need is for you to find it in your heart to forgive me. That's the only way I can go on." Wren's last defenses crumbled as he bowed his head once more, shoulders shaking. "I don't want anything else from you except your forgiveness. And then I'll walk out of your life forever. You'll never see me again. So please, Sal, I beg your forgiveness..."

Saliou looked at Wren as a torrent of tears came streaming down his face. He knew what forgiving the other meant. And the more tears streamed, the more Wren pleaded his forgiveness. 

Yet the memories from last weekend were still fresh in his mind...

"Wren..." he croaked, his voice still raw from the trauma. "I don't wish you any harm, but I don't want to talk to you about this right now. I want to console you, I really do, because all I want is to let everything that's happened pass between us. And I don't wish not to forgive you right now, but..." Saliou's bottom lip trembled even more, and a soft sob escaped his lips. "It's better if you leave now without my forgiveness. I can't do anything for you right now, Wren. I'm... just not there yet. It's too soon."

Wren and Saliou were both crying as reality set in that defining moment.

Things would never be the same between them again.

"You were my best friend, Wren. My confidant. My family. But you've kept yourself in one place and you refused to move on..." Saliou lamented, every word laced with regret. "I never thought in a million years things would end up like this between us..."

Wren buried his face in his hands, still sobbing as he listened to Saliou. It was a pitiful, desperate sob for that one chance of forgiveness. And after a couple of minutes of uncontrollable weeping, the Alpha wiped his nose and gazed up at Saliou.

"I love you, Sal. I still do. Always will. But it's precisely because of that, that I want to see you happy. Even if that means I'll never see you again." He stood up and walked cautiously toward Saliou, his gaze never leaving the other's face. "Please give me a couple of days to sort things out. I need to get Flo settled with my parents first. They're going to be her legal guardians."

Saliou looked up and studied Wren's face, his expression intense. "What are you planning to do?"

There was a tortured look on the Alpha's face. "Tell the truth, of course. The authorities need to know there's an illegal drug circulating in the market that could endanger people's lives."

"But Mason..."

"... needs to take responsibility for what he's done."

Saliou's brows knitted into a frown. "You've no way to prove anything. They need positive proof to make charge, not just on suspicions. All they'll know is that an Omega went through a wild heat around an unbonded Alpha. That's it. You know the cops need to have something more to work with."

"Don't worry, I already got that covered," Wren said as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small plastic bag. Inside was a single glossy black capsule. "I've already requested Father to look into all of Mason's transactions and operations in and out of Phoenix Medical. That way, I can get more evidence against him."

Saliou clasped his fingers together when he realized he was shaking. "Wren, this is your brother we're talking about..."

Wren placed the pill back into his pocket. "I've given him plenty of warning before. So if he still continued despite my warnings, then he should know what's coming to him."

Saliou held Wren's hand, melting away the fear he held for the other, only to be replaced by an even worse kind of fear. Yet, when it came to it, he found himself lost for words.

Wren gave him a smile that was tinged with sadness. He held Saliou's hand for a moment, patted it softly before letting it go.

"I'm sorry I wasn't the man you deserved, Sal. Even so... I hope you'll find it in your heart to forgive me. I'll show you I'm still worth your forgiveness," Wren said solemnly as he turned to walk away. "I know that I might be hoping for too much, but maybe someday, we could be friends again."

"Wren," Saliou called out, wiping away the tears that won't stop flowing. He took a moment, his voice choking as he swallowed the tears back. "I... I feel blessed for all the times we've shared. They'll always stay in my heart, Wren. The best of you always will. In spite of everything..." He caught his voice before continuing, "Despite everything that's happened, don't forget that I loved you very much."

Wren turned back toward Saliou, throwing his face into a veil of shadow as the porchlight streamed over his shoulder, illuminating his hair, creating a silvery halo.

When he spoke, his voice was soft and melancholy, barely above a whisper. "You deserve all the happiness in the world, Sal." He gave the Omega a pained smile that pulled at his heart, before turning to walk away.

Even when Wren had already gone and left, Saliou stayed in the gazebo for several more minutes, hoping that once he opened his eyes, the pain would be gone.

Yet even out of sight, Wren was still able to affect him.

Saliou started weeping loudly, letting go of the sadness and anguish he hadn't been able to let out and had bottled up all these years.

But Wren was right about one thing; he couldn't be the man Saliou deserved to be with.

And the Alpha's greatest act of love was to let go and set his Omega free.

 


SEE NEXT PART FOR EPILOGUE

0