Arc 1 – Chapter 2: The Meeting
92 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1 - Chapter 2: The Meeting

An hour later*

Klug eats his last stolen apples from a random apple tree he found in someone's backyard. It's a good thing the people that own the backyard weren't home during the time he was there to steal some apples to eat.

He knows stealing is bad. But, Klug no longer cares about being bad for stealing. After being hungry for two long weeks can change a man's mental state. At least, he wasn't planning to rob anyone for their money to buy apples. Either way, he finally got something to eat and making his energy's regeneration to speed up. Now, that his stomach having food inside again. Allowing his body to break the apples down to provide the energy to make his body continue to function properly.

Finally, after so long, Klug's stomach is full of apples. He just wishes his [Death Scythe] could store other than [Cinematic Record] like apples, then he would be set for a while of food. Anyway, after getting his fills of someone's apples. Klug quickly leaves with his body much more powerful like before since he came into this world in the first week. No longer weak.

Just this experience alone has allowed Klug to figure out, that as long he has an apple. His body will always be in top condition, or at least, he thinks so. Since this body of his shouldn't be able to move so well just from apples alone. In fact, Klug won't be leaving this town for a long time, even if he has to find a part-time job or go far as graverobbing to find any valuable treasures.

Though, Klug won't really going to do any graverobbing, seeing how he got to find a graveyard in the first place. Klug could try to make up a [Detection Technique] with [Soul Wavelength] as he did with [Soul Wave]. But, that was when he was by himself and no human nearby. Klug is already cautious of using [Soul Wave] with these many humans around him. With so many souls around, it would be a bit harder for Klug to link his own [Soul Wavelength] with the world. Not to mention, Klug have idea if he can make a [Detection Technique] to locate a graveyard of all things.

Nonetheless, he still hasn't figured out what world he is in. This is awful for Klug when all those other main characters in fanfictions would have found out what world they are in on the first day or something, but here he is. Walking with no aim at all and still hasn't found the world he is in. If that wasn't enough, Klug doesn't know if he is the strongest being in this world or not, with being a Shinigami and all.

At the very least, Klug knows this world has somewhat modern technology so that close a lot of the worlds he had some guess on. But, he won't completely rule them out since there is a thing called an alternate universe. Making the canon of the storyline be somewhat still the same, but with a few changes.

Hopefully, Klug didn't end up in a world with zero supernatural elements. Otherwise, what is the point of him being in this world with all the plot armors he posses? Face-slapping to show how good he is compared to others? Because that isn't something Klug wants to do, nor does he want to be in a world free of supernatural beings, with him only being the one in the world.

Honestly, Klug really hopes there is something he could do in this world instead of just finding a boring job to do, where he may or may not be immortal. With being a Shinigami and all that. In fact, Klug doesn't even know if he could even age at all with this body of his, nor does he know if he even has the concept of death for himself other than being death itself. Well, he wasn't completely sure about that last part.

At least, Klug is sure he won't kill anyone from just touching them with his bare flesh. Because that would suck big time if he ever gets together with someone. Wait, not someone, some females. Yeah, that's much better in Klug's head since someone equal to both genders.

Ugh.

Klug can already see how annoying it will be for him, to always complain about gender. Either way, Klug with all this thinking to himself. Klug still can't find anything to help him; well, with anything. Be it the world itself, if it's just normal and/or finding something to do. Also, figuring out what to do with this [Death Scythe] other than just reaping people's life.


20 minutes later*

Bored.

Bored.

Bored.

After Klug fills up his stomach with apples. He has been walking around to see anything interesting. Hell, he even hopes for some foolish people to come up to him, mistaking him for being a female, which will give Klug an excuse to prove how manly he is and a real male too. Though, the last part might be tricky since the only way he can prove to be a real male is to show off his dick before others. Not happening. Even to prove that he is male and straight.

Yet, no one came like that dead middle-aged man from before, then again, Klug could guess that the middle-aged man was very close to death, literally and figuratively, and ignore Klug's cold presence he releases with no control over it. Therefore, those that, unlike that dead middle-aged man, tend to avoid Klug at all costs. Though, Klug would like to believe it's because of his teeth, that makes many sheers away from him too.

At the very least, Klug manages to find out he is in Japan, Tokonosu City, which Klug can't recall if there such a place because of his research for the best place where Truck-kun would most likely to appear. Anyway, Klug figure he must be in one of those fictional cities; therefore, a high chance of this city would lead to something abnormal compare to other places. Though, Klug will have to find the main setting in Tokonosu City instead of the entire city itself. Because even though he felt like it's very familiar to him, but can't quite place his finger on.

Another thing Klug discover is that he can understand Japanese and speak it, as well as being able to read Japanese too. Another boon for Klug. Maybe that's why people are avoiding him, with him being German and the body is also German, ironically enough. Nevertheless, Klug only a little excited about this before becoming bored again.

Letting out a sigh, Klug wonders how long until something exciting will happen? Hopefully soon, because this may be the most boring second life for Klug, with all these abilities he possesses, with nothing to do with them other than maybe cause chaos throughout the world just for the hell of it. But, he rather not. Bad enough, he found so many weaknesses.


A week later*

Klug looks up at the night sky, with an irritated look on his face. For the entire week staying in this city. Nothing interesting happens, nor did Klug find anyone to determine as one of the main characters of this world. Something Klug has been trying for a while now, because as long as one is the main character or near one, then trouble will always occur to make sure these main characters are never in a period of boredom for too long once their story begins.

Right now, Klug is lying on top of a random house as his spot to sleep for the night, which he has done for a week now and he would usually sleep for a few hours, then leave before sunrise and people starting to wake up. Of course, Klug made sure to avoid any rich people's neighborhoods due to security cameras. Plus, there was no point in Klug heading there. He doesn't need any money nor a place to wash. Since the first week in this world, Klug found out he doesn't need to take a bath nor needs to wash his clothes. Everything he wears will always end up clean the next day and repair. Which is a very weird boon. But, helpful since he won't have to worry about stealing people's clothes whenever they are very dirty and beyond repair.

"Excuse me." Klug heard a female voice from below, causing him to tense up. "You, on the roof. I know you can hear me." Sitting up, to see who the female is and wonder why she was still awake when nearly everyone in the block should be asleep by now.

A teenage girl, with straight and shiny thigh-length purple hair that has a triangular fringe at the front which barely touches the ridge of her nose, blue eyes, sizable breasts, she is quite tall for a Japanese girl and her relatively long limbs. Wearing what looks like a school uniform.

Overall, Klug knew exactly who this female is. Saeko Busujima from Highschool of the Dead. Also, a student at Fujimi High School, a member and unofficial point man of the main group. Before the apocalypse, she was in her third year and was also captain of the Kendo Club at Fujimi High School. Well, not was since the apocalypse hasn't occurred yet. Anyway, in the group, Saeko is considered the most reliable of all fighters and everyone can count on her combat skills to pull them through a tough spot if need be. Saeko is an athletic fighter and talented combat specialist whose forte is in melee attacks, which is one of the reasons why the protagonists have managed to survive as far as they have. At the beginning of the series, she uses a bokken, a wooden sword, that used to fight zombies before changing it for a real katana later on.

Speaking of which, Klug can see Saeko is holding the same bokken, she used in the series. Not to mention, Klug can easily tell with the help of [Soul Perception], that Saeko is eager for him to attack, so in the name of self-defense, she can go all out on him. Making Klug remember how Saeko is secretly a sadistic, malevolent, and violent nature with the facade of a well-mannered and cultured young woman.

Klug knew by Saeko's school uniform alone that he is either within a year before canon begins or 3 years behind canon. Since Klug can't tell if Saeko is in her third year right now or not. Anyway, Klug knows that Saeko's sadistic tendencies manifested 4 years before canon started; therefore, Klug will have to be careful with Saeko.

"Sorry, did I disturb your sleep?" Klug begins to think about how to make it so Saeko won't outright attack him. Furthermore, she is among the many female characters in Highschool of the Dead he likes. Not to mention, if Klug were to figure a way to travel into another world. Saeko would be at the very top of the list of who to bring with him and having a higher chance of Klug persuading to join him in his travel out of the other people.

"Not at all." Saeko smile gently. "After all, I just got home and discover someone sleeping on top of my roof. Honestly, I would expect you to be a burglar if I didn't notice how you were getting ready to sleep instead of waiting to ambush me in order to get inside my home." Saeko can tell that this person on her roof isn't someone normal nor someone she should have an easy time fighting if going by that big scythe next to this person. A scythe weapon user isn't something she would expect to see in her lifetime. Not to mention, Saeko can sense that this person is beyond the level of a master through her instinct screaming at her, to not do anything foolish as her death will be swift and without any warning.

"Yeah, sorry, but with me being homeless and all. I have to make do with anything I could think of, to make sure I survive the next day. Don't let my appearance deceive you. But, I have been wandering the land without a home for a long period." Klug said to Saeko while doing his best not to reveal the entire truth, but just enough to satisfy Saeko's curiosity. "So, I hope that you don't mind me using your roof for the night. I'll be leaving before sunrise." Plus, this will give Klug enough time to plan his future after finding out what world he is in.

"Wouldn't you rather sleep indoor instead?" Saeko offer, curious what this person would respond to her offer. "I'm willing to allow you to sleep in my home for the night in exchange for facing me in a spar. I've never faced a scythe wielder before, but I wish to test my luck against one if you don't mind facing an amateur like me." Saeko can take this chance to see how she fares against people above her league.

Not once had Saeko considered the possibility that Klug might be someone very bad, where even raping her hasn't come across her mind. Of course, Klug would never do such a thing, even if the opportunity of doing so is available at the time. He is a killer, not a rapist. Big difference.

"Wait, you can see this?!" Klug quickly picks up the [Death Scythe] for Saeko to see it better and point at it with his free hand, with eyes widened in disbelief and shock, that someone finally can see the [Death Scythe] other than Klug himself. "This here, this very scythe I'm holding in my right hand, you can see it?!"

"Of course, though... the design is... somewhat unique." Saeko finally got a good look at the scythe after the moonlight shine over it for her to see. Just a single look alone had made Saeko feel so close to death, that Saeko question herself if she is dreaming right now or not.

"Yeah, I didn't make it. Someone just gave me it." Klug didn't know why he has this [Death Scythe] in the first place, since he expected to have a chainsaw to go with this body. Nonetheless, having a badass scythe like the [Death Scythe] he has is fine for Klug compared to a chainsaw, which he could literally get anywhere else if he wanted one.

"Really now?" Saeko looks a little surprised, someone would give away this unique looking big scythe to a random stranger. "Anyway, are you going to agree to have a spar with me or no? I'm willing to include dinner as well."

Klug narrows his eyes at Saeko. "Isn't it a bit strange, to invite a complete stranger into your own home and even feed them in exchange for a spar? You're not one of those crazy people who lure strangers into their home to kill them for their organs, are you?" Klug had to be cautious since even though he knows Saeko and her personality, but that doesn't this Saeko before him. Would be the same one in Highschool of the Dead.

"I'll have you know, that I've trained throughout my life as a swordswoman. I may be an amateur, but I will still be able to prevent others from taking advantage of me." Saeko spoke with a hint of pride and with eyes of determination to do something, to prevent herself from falling victim to rape. Something that Klug can see via [Soul Perception]. The willing to die to keep her honor intact no matter what.

"Alright. Let's see how strong you are." Klug jumps down from the roof and landed right in front of Saeko, with a few feet in between them.

Saeko's eyes widen a bit, to see the shark-like teeth, and wonder how that is possible. Either way, she just eager to face off with a powerful fighter, who she knows for sure, he would beat her. No question about it.

"I'm Klug, you are?" Klug didn't want to let Saeko know that he knows her name already. So, better to introduce himself first.

Saeko tilts her head, "Busujima Saeko. Busujima my surname and Saeko my given name. Nice to meet you, Klug. Quick question, but are you, German?" Saeko got a good look at Klug and she realized, he wasn't Japanese with how fluent he is speaking in Japanese, and the name Klug wasn't Japanese, but German.

"Yup." Klug replied, where he may be German in this new life and before, but he wasn't raised like one. Nor does he speak German, even though he was given a German name. "No last name, though. I'm an orphan." Klug didn't really care, but at least he is fine with his name after looking it up in the past. No idea why he was given it, but better than any other names, that's for sure.

"Oh." Saeko did not expect someone like Klug would be an orphan with the way he dresses. In fact, Saeko expected Klug to be a wandering martial artist with a rich background. "Anyway, it's nice to meet you, Klug-san."

"Same to you, Saeko." Klug didn't really care about the whole Japanese honorific.

Saeko smiles a little, with how Klug spoke her given name, then again, she is a little honor for being called by her own name by someone like Klug.

6