Chap-3: Beauty or Duty
1.5k 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Now kid let me hear your 3rd wish?" the old man asked for Leonard's final wish.

Didn't this old man suddenly became too benevolent Leonard thought but then he let his doubts slide. He wasn't really in a position to argue with this all-powerful being.

With all the things the old man told him he wasn't so sure about what he should get for his last wish as he had already received the powers he wanted, and now he wanted something that will be helpful to him in the world destruction thing the old man was talking about. If, he somehow got caught in it.

After thinking for some time Leonard replied "Old man, my third wish is yours! So grant me whatever you feel, I need to survive down there."

"Granted" The old man smiled and replied with a single word!.

"What did you give?" Leonard asked intrigued about what he was granted.

"You will know when it's time, but if you need an idea then, I gave you a few interesting things. One of them being fortune with women! ...as per your thoughts," The old man replied with a slight grin on his face.

"Old man, no need to give me some mind manipulating or hypnotizing shit, I don't like it!" Leonard immediately rejected the wish as no matter how much perverted he was, he would rather not have the girl then manipulate her feelings and character. As a souls player, "There is no fucking challenge in that! Hence, not interested."

"Don't worry, I know. What I mean is, you will have good luck with women like - unknowingly walking into a women's room while she is changing or walking in while she is bathing or finding a beautiful woman when you expect the least, etc. So don't worry about it and enjoy your life!" The old man explained with a bright smile on his face as if he knew everything about him, which 'he did'.

Oh! ...cough ...cough!" Leonard coughed a few times and replied: "Well as you have already granted me this wish, I may as well take it or it will be a waste of your precious powers. Otherwise, I Leonard am not so petty to make this kind of wish." Leonard replied with a proud face while thinking how this old man was a threat to every guy of his age. If souls could sweat then he was dripping!

"Mm...! I know. So don't worry." the old man replied with a gentle smile as if he was a kind-hearted neighborhood grandpa.

"Now get ready to be reincarnated but remember one thing the world you are going to is not made of imagination but real people with a real ambitions. This is to remind you that every person in that world has their own life, family, friends, enemies and so on...

You might have seen them as just characters in a show, whom the hero punches and they flew away never to be seen again, but this is the real deal. They are just as human as you are. If you kill them wantonly, you will face unforeseen consequences. Perhaps, most importantly, don't forget that upon reincarnating in that troublesome world, you will no longer belong to your previous world and slowly lose that connection. The Beauties of 'One Piece' will be yours to explore, but so will be the troubles that comes with maintaining that beauty..." the old man warned him despite his lacking interest.

Beauties? Troubles?... Of course, what else am i going there for?" Leon thought

"Your actions and decision can affect a person's life, whom you may previously remember as 'characters'. You actions might determine their ambition and goals in life depending on the severity of your involvement, which in turn will have consequences and results, which may or may not drastically affect the future of your world, different from the future that you know off!" The old man went on with his advice regardless of Leon's interest or otherwise.

"Don't worry about that, I already understand everything!" Leon replied with complete confidence.

He wanted to be there immediately!

"Gotta take all their autographs."  Leonard replied in a calm manner.

"Regardless of the path, you take as long as you understand this point. All is fine." The old man replied seemingly satisfied with Leonard's answer.

He waved his hand in a crescent shape towards the sky.

Leonard suddenly started glowing brighter with light coming from his body. Then his body started disappearing from the room as if fading away!

"Se ya, Old man" Leonard did a saluting motion with his hand while disappearing.

"Oh, one last thing, you will be in a lot of pain after you are born" The old man tried to warn him but at this point, Leonard already disappeared from the room.

"Oh well, It's not like he will be conscious of himself" the old man murmured.

Slowly, the bright white room they both sat in disappeared and darkness reigned supreme in the void.

The old man, still sitting on his chair looked towards the distance and murmured "You chose a world ruled by the forces of fortune, ambition and Inherited will which ultimately leads to the 'Fate' of an individual!

He continued: "You, my boy, are no exception as no one was, is or ever will be, as long I exist, for i cannot be partial. If you are being born in that world, then you too have to follow, its laws, it's rules even if you have my blessing. As such, Your fate is already sealed! Now the only question that remains to be seen is, which path would you take to mold your fate? As sooner or later, you will inevitably reach your Destiny." as he said this, the old man started to disappear amongst the darkness, just like Leon.

But before completely disappearing from the void the old man said something one last time and then disappeared:

"I am sorry for the burden you have to carry kid! But, I believe, you will find a way." A little smile crept up on his face.

***

In the dark abyss, a soul was shooting through it like tiny, bright star. This soul was none other than Leonard Dammit.

"My beauties wait for me, your man is coming!" Leonard shouted in his mind as he started feeling his consciousness melting away.

"Just after a little nap, I guess" Leon murmured to himself and then lost his senses.

***

AN UNKNOWN ISLAND

"Bawhahaha! Look at my grandson! I know!! His name will be 'Monkey D Leon'!!!." A thunderous voice declared.

17