Chap-5: Future Job
1.1k 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Grandline

Marineford (The Island of Justice)

Inside the marine headquarters

"Order all the commanders, captains, and commodores currently present in four seas (East, West, North, South) to tighten their security and take swift action. No need to ask for permission for every little incident." An old man who looked like a humanoid monster rather than a normal person with a hair and beard that resembled spikes was currently giving orders to his subordinate.

This old man was none other than 'Kong'. The person who holds the most power in the marines and known by the world as the 'Marines Fleet Admiral'

"All the Rear admirals, commodores, and rest of the lower rank unit will fortify the situation of all the islands under the protection of the government in Paradise (Grandline)." He ordered another subordinate.

"Sengoku, take a unit near the Sabaody archipelago and prepare a defense line near the entrance of the New World (Grandline) and also make sure to look out for the world nobles." The old man ordered Admiral Sengoku who was sitting on a sofa eating cracker.

"Zephyr, prepare the G5 unit and take Sakazuki, Borsalino, and all the other vice-admirals present in the new world and control the situation as much as you can. Remember not to cross in the territory of the Three Emperors (Whitebeard, Kiado, and Big mom). They will take care of their own territories. Help me until Garp returns." Kong gave another order to the former admiral current marine instructor zephyr.

"Tsuru-chan, take Kuzan with G4 and G2 unit with all the vice admirals that are currently present in headquarters and back up the forces near the entrance of paradise. It seems we have underestimated Roger's words!" The old man gave another set of orders to vice admiral Tsuru.

"It has been a month since the death of the most infamous man in the world. The Pirate King 'Gol D. Roger'.

We thought by executing him in front of the whole world we will make an example of him for all those lawbreakers out there.

Instead, our overconfidence ultimately turned against us issuing the start of the Great Era of Pirates. It seems that the government underestimated Roger's declaration to the world." Kong murmured to himself but loud enough for everyone to hear in the room.

"My treasure? If you want it, you can have it! Find it! I left everything this world has to offer there!" - Gol D. Roger.

After that fateful day of rogers execution, the influx of pirates arriving in the Grandline increased at an astonishing rate and the marines had a hard time controlling the situation. But an intelligence report that arrived a few hours ago changed the whole situation.

According to the report, nearly all the major pirates in all of the four seas had predicted the response of the marines capturing most of the pirates just after entering the grand line as there is only one entrance to enter this part of the sea.

Therefore to not become the 'lone chicken between a pack of wolves' Most of the big-name pirates didn't rush to enter the Grandline and instead started preparing by forming alliances.

Moreover, according to the report, after preparing for nearly one month all of the big-name pirates of the four Blues have started moving towards the grand line. All at once!

The marines thought that the first month was hell but now they understood 'it was only the beginning'. 

"Dismiss!" the old man shouted and sat down on his chair seemingly a little tired.

Everyone saluted and left the room except Sengoku, Tsuru, Zephyr, and Kuzan.

"What is it, Kuzan?" Kong asked seeing vice-admiral Kuzan was still in the room

"Mm! How to say it? Wait, what was it? Yes! Sir, May I know where Vice-admiral Garp is?" Kuzan asked about Garp as he was close to him the most, almost like an assistant.

Sengoku and Tsuru looked at each other after hearing Kuzan's question.

"He had some really important matters to attend. And you know how he is! He doesn't listen to orders when he doesn't want to. Go now he will be back after a few days." Kong calmly replied

"Yes," Kuzan saluted and left the room.

"Kong-san, thank you for letting that bastard go during these troubled times." Sengoku thanked Kong in Garp's place.

"No need, You and I both know how selfish that guy is. He won't stop nagging until we let him go. Isn't that right Tsuru-chan?" Kong replied with a grin on his face.

"You are absolutely right Kong-san. Damn that man! Leaving at such a crucial time" Tsuru replied with a fake anger.

"But that's what makes him Garp-san, isn't it?" Zephyr chimed in the conversation.

Haahahaha! Everyone laughed at the shenanigans of Garp and then left to do their duty as a marine.

***

East Blue

In a certain hospital

"Humph! Look at the cheeky brat sleeping so soundly as if the ruckus he made earlier was made by us instead of him." Garp looked at the sleeping Leon and said with a grin on his face.

As soon as Leon was held in his mothers bosom he instantly stopped crying and fell asleep due to tiredness.

One more thing to note is that Leon does not retain his old memories or any memories at all, as he was just a new-born baby and not capable of holding 17 years worth of memories. His memories had been sealed deep inside his consciousness and will be unsealed when his brain has matured enough.

"Father.." Dragon called out to Garp

"Hmm! Did you check on all the people?" Garp asked as he had given dragon the task to wake up the people that were made unconscious by Leon's cry and also see if there is any serious patient situation in the hospital.

"Its all right father. Fortunately, no one in the hospital was in serious condition. All the people are slowly coming to their senses." Dragon replied while caressing little Leon's face with a pretty rare smile.

"Father, this child…" Dragon mumbled with a serious face.

"I know at first I thought after staying some time with his mother I will leave him in Fusha village under the care of someone I know but it seems I have to change my plans" Garp also turned serious and replied

"Mm...!'" Dragon also nodded his head. He was a man of few words but his father understood him well. Even though he wanted to be with his child, his profession left him with no choice but to depend on his father.

Same with his wife if the government knows about her existence then they will leave no effort to hunt her down.

"Father! What are you planning to do?" Dragon asked this time

"What can I do? The First thing this child showed us his unimaginable power of haki which is unattainable by an infant and then there is his immense strength.

"I can't even leave him with someone a little stronger as even she will not be able to handle him let alone normal civilians. If I do, an accident is bound to happen." Garp remembered a close associate of his on the same island as Fusha village but canceled the idea as she will not be able to handle him.

"Then?" Dragon asked having noticed the only possibility

"Bawhahahaha! Then what? I have decided I will make him the strongest marine in the world! Bwahahaha" Garp continued to laugh then gently looked toward his Daughter-in -law

"My daughter, Do you mind if I raise him to be a marine" Garp gently asked his daughter-in-law as he didn't care what his son wanted but he would completely respect his daughter's wishes.

She gently looked towards her husband for a second then replied with a big smile: "Father, raise to be the kindest marine, will you?

"Of course! He will become the kindest and strongest marine in the world." Garp replied while laughing heartily.

Dragon just looked at his happy father and sat down beside his wife while holding her hand and looking at his child with a smile.

To him, it didn't matter which path his child takes as long as he chose it with his own free will. Of course, he knew his father too, if Leon didn't choose to be a marine after growing up then he wouldn't force him in any way.

'Free will!' is what they both believed in, even though their beliefs contradicted each other.

"Ok! I have to go now. In this period of turmoil, I still have to follow my duty" Garp went near his son and daughter and said his farewell

"So soon?" His daughter asked as she wanted her family to be together for a little bit more.

"What's there to be sad about? It's not like we will not meet again. I will come back after three years and then take him with me until then I let this brat be with his mother" Garp replied with a huge grin.

"Brat! Take special care, my grandchild and daughter, until I return." Garp ordered Dragon and left the room to meet the doctor to take care of the paperwork of the delivery 'personally' and then leave.

Soon after Garp left, Dragon and his wife disappeared from this island with Leon.

18