Chap-7: Good morning…
1.3k 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Grandline, Marineford (Navy Headquarters)Fleet admiral office

It was already evening. Four people were discussing the current affairs happening all around the world.

"By the way, when is Garp going to return Kong-san?" Zephyr inquired

"That idiot has again gone to do something 'important', so I am sure he will take his time, isn't that right Kong-san?" this time Sengoku replied while eating his usual crackers and tea and seemed pretty annoyed.

"Mah! Sengoku, No need to be so annoyed he should come back soon. His leave is already over and he also said that he is going to bring back some gift." Kong replied

Tsuru who was also sitting on the sofa just shook her head watching Sengoku's annoyed face.

To her, both Garp and Sengoku were like dumb idiots who would start bickering the moment they got the chance to do so. Of course, it's different during duty but she would never get tired over this Duos fighting which she has witnessed for decades now.

"Kong-san you always go easy on Garp that's why he prances around everywhere without caring for the reputation of the marines" Sengoku was yelling at this point while filling his mouth with all the crackers at the same time.

Bang! The door of the office opened with a loud noise.

"Who is it trying to sully my upright, rule-abiding reputation?" Garp came in with great strides while searching for the rude fellow who was bad-mouthing him.

"Garp, you dare come in like that in fleet-admirals office?" Sengoku who was sitting on the sofa instantly got up as if he was ready to duke out with Garp.

"Sengoku!!, I knew it was you, you bastard. Let's go outside I will beat your ass today" Garp replied as if he too was ready for a match while advancing towards Sengoku.

"Bam! Bam! Shut up and stop making a scene in the fleet admirals office" Tsuru shouted while knocking their heads with her fists.

Two swollen bumps could be seen on each of their heads.

"Tsuru-chan, you should be more gentle also this bastard started it?" Garp replied while pointing towards Sengoku.

"Shut up Garp! I was just stating the truth" Sengoku replied in his defense.

"Both of you shut up and act properly." Tsuru was fuming with anger. These two always disturb her peace.

"Hai!" Both of them instantly stood straight and saluted with their hands looking like kids answering to their senior.

Both kong and zephyr were just enjoying the show

"By the way Garp when are you going to explain about the kid you are holding." Tsuru calmed down and asked about the thing that has been bugging her since he entered the office.

Instantly all the focus in the room turned towards the cute kid that Garp was holding on his left arm.

"He? He is the present I told you about kong san. This child is my grandson! Bwahahahah!" Garp replied while laughing as if it was the funniest joke he ever told them.

"What?" everybody called out at the same time

"Garp, clarify it again. This kid is your real blood grandson" Sengoku was the first one to question his doubt. He already knew about Garp's son but this is the first time a grandson popped up and he had no idea about it.

"Hahaha! Yes, he is my real grandson he turned three years old this summer." Garp clarified Sengoku's doubts as he hardly ever kept secrets from his best friend/Partner in crime unless it is about his rice crackers. Then it is a whole another story.

"I see, So do you wish to raise him here in Marineford?" Kong asked. He remained calm and collected even though the news that the world most wanted criminal had a child can create a ruckus in more ways then one could count.

Especially when that child's father is wanted for none other than opposing the very organization he is working for.

"Yes, kong san I want to raise him in Marineford and make him a marine." Garp didn't joke around this time and replied seriously as he understood the risk his senior and fellow friends has to take for keeping this matter a secret.

Reason? It is tolerable to a degree if it is just the 'Marines' but it is a completely different story when the organization 'World Government' is involved.

It doesn't take kindly to chances and by extension 'Threats to its Authority' and will go to any length to remove it from history.

Everybody was silent in the room while Leon was just quietly looking around the room and listening to the people talk but not understanding its context.

After some time getting bored of the silence Leon looked towards Tsuru and as if something attracted him he came down for Garp's lap and went towards Tsuru.

Seeing Leon walk towards her Tsuru stretched out both her hands and picked him up.

"Baasan" Leon said while looking at Tsuru looking cute.

"OH! What is your name little fellow?" hearing him call her baasan made Tsuru quite happy as she had accomplished many things in her entire carrier but family and children were not one of them. But this didn't mean she never craved for this happiness.

Sometimes she really wanted this feeling of a family but duty always came first to her and now the time of having children and such are gone and she could only wish for it and by heavens, luck that wish just might come true right now.

"Leo" Leon replied cutely while looking at her.

"What a wonderful name!." Tsuru replied with a gentle smile on her face.

"So Garp is there any particular reason because of which you want to raise him here in Marineford," Kong asked Garp after thinking for some time.

"Hahaha! Don't tell me Garp your grandson also has the same stupid strength as you because I don't need another headache in the headquarters, who doesn't follow rules." This time Sengoku replied mainly to tease Garp because he alone caused him enough trouble to give him a migrane.

"Precisely that is why I brought him here" this time Garp didn't snap at Sengoku and rather replied calmly.

Instantly everyone looked towards Sengoku with an 'O' face as if saying 'LoL'

Then everyone again focused on little Leon who was already sleeping between vice-admiral Tsuru's breasts using them as his pillows.

Of course not in a sexual way but as a child who gets to have privileges with the female gender that an adult-only dream off.

[Author Note: I know what you are thinking so Don't. This is 19 years before the main timeline so Tsuru is still not a complete baasan and No she is not a harem member.]

"Garp, you sure?" Kong asked Garp to be sure as this would mean he will have to pull some strings to hide this grandson fact from the government especially from 'CP0'. At least until the time he can think of a valid reason as this type of secrets can never truly be hidden.

"Yes kong-san, Please!" Garp didn't put any airs before Kong and genuinely asked for his help.

One has to Know The Hero 'Monkey D. Garp' asking for help is a sight rarer than a tenryuubito saying no to a slave.

"Do any of you present here have any problem with Garp's request?" Kong asked as it was a heavy decision and everyone present in this room are the top officials in the marines.

Therefore, they have every right to decline this request and report to the government as not reporting this matter is the same as a crime against the government.

The main problem stemmed from the fact that even The legendary pirate 'Gol D. Roger' was, in the end, a pirate or a criminal to the normal public. A pirate who wanted adventure and freedom and even after knowing the history, he didn't directly try to oppose the government

Whereas Monkey D. Dragon and his revolutionaries are currently the only power that are not only criminals but someone who is directly and openly opposing the authority of the world government itself!

"Kong san! I have something urgent to report!" Tsuru who was holding Leon suddenly spoke aloud.

"Hmm! What is it?" Kong asked as everyone looked towards her.

"Oh! This child here is my adoptive grandson. I found him on a ship filled with a bunch of pirates. They were probably working as child traffickers so my crew dispatched them, then I found this child from their boat and instantly felt a connection with this him.

Therefore from today onwards I plan to raise him as my Grandson. Do you have any problem with it?" Tsuru immediately gave kong her newfound grandson's heartfelt biodata without a pause.

"Yes, kong san I too feel a deep connection with this child therefore from today I will be this child's uncle" Zephyr who was silent until now spoke up with energy.

"Sengoku?" Kong looked towards Sengoku and asked him with a smile knowing his dilemma.

"Hah!" Sengoku sighed. It was not that he didn't like Leon but rather It was his duty.

Kong has already asked him quite a few times to be the fleet admiral and soon, he will have to take this responsibility as other than him there is Zephyr who is already retired as a marine trainer,

Tsuru who doesn't give a damm about the position and then there is

The 'son of a bitch' The hero 'Monkey D Garp' the perfect candidate for fleet admiral but bastard has even declined the position of an admiral let alone the Fleet admiral. He would rather eat crackers then do his duty properly.

In short, all responsibilities will fall on him and top it off now there's this little demon.

"I have decided from today onwards this little demon is my grandchild and I will make him the most law-abiding marine there is! So Garp don't even think about corrupting this child" After sometime Sengoku shouted while looking towards Garp

"Haa! I don't want to hear that from someone who hasn't even married and know what a hassle it is being a parent" Garp fired back immediately even though he was the happiest person here.

"Even if I don't know about it, I will certainly be a far better parent than a monkey who roams around eating crackers while in the attire of a vice admiral." Sengoku instantly returned to Garp

"Says the chimpanzee with a snake for a beard" Garp shouted back starting another commotion between the two.

"What?! If you are saying that I am not fit for being a parent isn't Tsuru the same! So why don't you try to say that to her" Sengoku in the heat of the moment slipped up something he shouldn't have.

"You both! Do you have something you want to say to me?" Tsuru was standing behind them with Leo in her embrace. Her eyes turned black and her hair started floating a little giving a chilling sensation to all the men present in the room.

"No!" Both Garp and Sengoku stopped their banter immediately with faces that said forgive us.

"Tsuru chan! Its this guy, I never doubted your parenting skills in my whole life" Garp immediately raised his hands and put all the blame on his partner

"Garp, I will handle you later. Tsuru what I just said, it was all towards Garp I just mistakenly said your name instead of Garp's! Hahahaha!" Sengoku hurriedly tried to get off the chopping board or he might get hung like a piece of washed clothing on a rope.

"Then stop fighting and act like the admirals you are you old fools!" Tsuru shouted at them

"Hai!" Both replied like the scolded child they were

"Kong san now that everybody agrees. what is your decision" Tsuru asked kong

"What can I say? When all my admirals are agreeing to it what an old man like me can say?

So be it from today onwards Leon is vice admiral Tsuru's adopted grandson and will be in her care furthermore he shall be trained to be a marine." Kong declared to everyone present in the room

***

Leon 1 month later

"Baasan! Ahh my head hurts" Leon shouted

"Focus Leo, try to focus on a single thing. Here look at this Dot and only focus on this small dot" Tsuru hurriedly held Leo in her arms after hearing his cry.

In this one month, she had understood many things about Leon be it his strength or as she recently discovered his unintentional use of observation haki.

Leon 4 years old

"Grandpa I found it! I found the coin!" Leon called out to Garp

"Oh, good work Leo..! what are you doing? Garp dashed towards Leon who had picked up one of the big prototype cannons that were being placed in marineford headquarters with his bare hands.

It was nearly 10 times his size and fully made out of iron and he just picked it up from the ground.

Leon 5 years old

"Hmm! This ice cream is the best" Leon mumbled to himself while eating his favorite ice cream on a hot afternoon.

"Oh, Is that so! Anyway, kid, this is the last time you will hear from me so live your life to the fullest and I will be waiting for your decision.

"Now Wake up!" Out of nowhere, an unknown voice rang in Leon's mind.

10...

"Hmm! What's going on! What decision!" Leon started looking around him to search for the speaker

9...8...7...

"Who is it? Who is counting all these numbers?" Leon became confused with all the numbers counting going in his head

6...

"Ahhh! My head hurts! Baasan! Baasan!" Leon started shouting for Tsuru not knowing what to do.

5....4...3...

2..

1.

"Thud!" Leon fell on the ground and lost consciousness

"Leo!" as soon as Tsuru entered his room she panicked seeing Leon passed out.

Tsuru instantly checked for his pulse then took him to the hospital while informing Garp and the others.

.

"Next Day"

.

"Ywaaahhh!" Leon woke up with a big yawn

"Hm, oh I am in my room huh! Guess the doctor examined and found nothing was wrong with me" Leon looked around found himself in his room so he understood the situation immediately.

"Basan must be in her room" Leon murmured to himself and got out of his bedroom.

"Marines, pirates, powers, battles, ships, this world, and ultimately my ladies wait for me as i am coming for all of you but first.." Leon mumbled in low voice while slowly walking towards the stairs and going to the rooftop of his house.

Right now it was morning 5 a.m. The start of a New Day. The sun had just started shining his gentle rays on the grounds of Marineford.

In a certain area, a 5-year-old boy was standing atop the roof of his house as he look towards this vast world with slight grin on his face.

And, then came an ear-piercing shout that woke up all the marines in a 500-meter radius!

"I AM BAAAAACKKKK"

11