Chapter 2: The System
27 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The lady sat down in terror. Playing through her mind is the villainous actions he would perform on her body. She knew that she would not leave untainted. Jenna understood that there was nothing she could do. The only choice was to accept her fate. As long as the harm does not reach her family. She wouldn’t complain.

 

Silent. The only way to describe this encounter. The nudist stood with a look of curiosity. Wondering who this woman is and what her motives could be. Inside his head. He thought he had encountered an enemy. One proficient in using a knife. He needed to know how strong this enemy is.

 

“System analyze this woman”

 

[Name: Jenna Argracia Lvl: 6]

[Job: Villager]

[Affiliation: Argracia Village]

[Title: Granddaughter of the village chief]

[HP: 60  MP: 30]

[Str: 13  Luck: 50]

[Agi: 15 Int: 18]

[Def: 5  Wis: 5]

[Skills: Cast Fire, Cast Wind]

[Elemental Affinity: Fire, Wind]

 

[This is not an adversary you want to mess with.]

 

The system mocked him for being weak with that remark. Annoyed by the system’s last comment he clenched his fist while looking down. It was a waste of time for him to dwindle around. He could tell this villager was no enemy.

 

“ Who are you? What are you doing here?”

 

The lady was confused by what was going on. A naked man is rambling with himself. Jenna’s perspective on this exposed person changed. He was no longer an evildoer but instead. A lunatic. One who speaks to themselves.

 

"My name is Jenna. I came here after hearing a loud sound. May I ask why you are naked”

 

The bare man realized his arrival was heard from the village.

 

“My arrival must have caused kinetic energy to burst out. In turn, breaking the stone in that room. The vibrations must have been heard by the villagers. As for why I’m naked I teleported here using one of my inventions. My clothes sadly did not join me .”

 

Jenna did not understand what he said. She gained her composure. Stood up from where she fell and cleared the dirt from her clothing. she felt terrible for thinking this maniac is a wrongdoer. When he is just a crackpot. Is what she thought.

 

“I’m sorry. I assumed you were a bad person. That was rude of me. As an apology, how about I get you some food and clothing.”

 

“Thanks, a lot. My name is…”

 

‘I have to think of a name.’  He thought to himself. ‘Using my real name will bring issues in the future.’ At last, he came up with a name.

 

“Call me Quant.”

 

The girl dashed towards her village. Grabbing her grandfather’s old wear to take to Quant. The clothes were too large for his slender figure but, wore them anyway. They decided to make their way to the village. On the way, Quant wanted to use this time to gain information.

 

“I wanted to ask. Can you explain to me where we are? While you’re at it. Explain the world and what’s going on.”

 

She was confused about what he said. Who would not know where they are let alone the world and its affairs. Jenna knew this hobo must have also been a drunkard. Taking drugs regularly. She decided to answer him either way.

 

She explained that they in a kingdom called Stasia. One of the three largest kingdoms. In total there are seven kingdoms including Stasia. From the seven kingdoms. Four are owned by humans. The rest is owned by the elves, beastmen, and demons. The village was called the Argracia village a short distance to the capital. Due to the forest hosting low-level monsters. It a hub for beginner adventures to train.

 

They reached the village as soon they concluded their conversation. Jenna wondered where the other villagers are. There are usually people by the entrance. Yet this time it was empty. She chose not to think much of it.

 

Quant entered the house. Although it wasn’t the largest of homes. It was definitely tidy. From the moment you step in the house. You’re met with wood tiled floorboards leading you to the table. Presumably, the dining table surrounded wooded chairs.

 

Quant sat on the chair. Looking around he saw a pile of broken farming tools. There were around thirty of said tools. Before he finished his thought. The food had arrived. He felt like he has only been taking. He wished to reciprocate the favor. He did not how to, so he left that as an issue for another time.

 

“Eat up. These are some leftovers. Sorry for not bringing you a fresh m-.”

 

Before she could finish her sentence, Quant had already begun eating. He crammed all the food down in enormous gulps.

 

Jenna could only chuckle from the view. She could only admire this carefree man. Quant had finished all the food. He slammed the plate down. Wiped his mouth and struck the biggest smile he could.

 

“That was great. You’re really good at cooking.”

 

Jenna blushed from the sudden compliment. To think that a random hobo made a feel this way.

 

She took the plate back to the kitchen while covering her face. Coming back to the table she sat to the chair opposite him after putting drinks on the table.

 

“Moooooooom!”

 

Deafening screaming was heard outside. a child’s voice shouting from the top of her voice. Footsteps could be heard as the scream got louder. Soon a small girl appeared. Her face looked innocent. Her cute face was full of joy, this girl had a huge smile on her face. She had the spitting image of Jenna.

 

“Mom the villagers are having a meeting. Apparently, because the tools couldn’t be repaired. The village has to buy new tools but they can’t afford it. If the village doesn’t buy new tools we won’t be able to farm as fast as we can. “

 

The girl spoke rapidly and to the point,.forgetting to breathe. She took a big breath, calming her down. Looking forwards to her mother. She saw a stranger next to her.

 

“Mama who is this man. Why is he wearing great grandpa’s clothes.”

 

She said curiously in a cute voice. The pace of this information was said too quickly making it hard to comprehend. Jenna took a moment to take a breath before speaking.

 

“That isn’t how you talk to a guest. This is Quant. I met him today. What was that about the village?.”

 

Jenna was ignored by her daughter as she straight to Quant. She stood in front of him raising her hands wide yet straight.

 

“My name is Aiko. Ako for short.”

 

Jenna, embarrassed by this rude display wanted to apologize. Before she could speak. Quant stood up attempting to carry Aiko. He lifted her in the air.

“Say Aiko. You want me to fix those tools for yeah.”

 

“I do. Can you really fix them Mr? It’ll help great grampa alot”

 

“I can but only if you promise to listen to mommy.”

 

“I promise.”

 

“Alright then. Bring them over.”

 

Quant put the girl own then pointed at the tools indicating he wanted them brought over. The girl ran all excited. Picked up the tools one by one and put them on the table.

 

“Mr. Quant. Can you actually fix those tools? Even the village’s best craftsman can’t fix them. Stop playing with the girl’s hope.”

 

“Calm down Jenna. I promise I can fix them. Bring some wood over as well as some iron. I’ll need it to fix the tools. Also, close the door when you’re back”

 

So far Quant has been a pleasure to host. She didn’t want to believe he was a lair. Especially after the comment about her food. Jenna took a big sigh picking to believe his word. She left to the shed to pick sticks of wood along with three kilograms of iron.

 

Coming back from the shed, she placed the materials on the table next to the damaged tools. The two were wondering how Quant would fix the tools that even a professional craftsman could not. Quant told them to step back. Placing his forward he said.

 

“System analyse tools. Damage report.”

 

A large light blue dome with white stripes and symbols appeared leaving Quant in the center. Three rings circulated the domes moving around its axis. The rings looked the same as the dome. The dome and rings were both transparent. They were glowing in their respective colors. When suddenly a voice was heard, it was the system.

 

[Several tools rusted, smashed in, or have missing parts.  Would you like a full damage report?]

 

“No. Are there enough materials to repair the tools? If so begin repair”

 

[Affirmative]

 

Another dome appeared surrounding the table. It rotated around the table with the rings. A flashing light blinded the girls as they watched this skeptical. Jenna didn’t know magic of this caliber existed. Her mouth was open full of shock. Aiko smiled with excited watching what could only be a miracle.

 

The light vanished. Leaving only the dome that surrounds Quant.

 

[Reconstruction complete. All materials were used in the process. Total fixed: 33.]

 

The domes vanished. Leaving nothing but farming equipment. They were grey and shiny. Looking as good as new.  Aiko and Jenna looked baffled by the display they witnessed. Many questions filled their heads.

 

“Wha….what wa….what was that?”

 

Jenna said. Astonished from the sight she saw.

 

“That was Awwwsooooome.”

 

Aiko shouted enthusiastically. To her, this was something only a legendary magician could do. Fixing equipment with words alone.

 

“That was my creation system. As of now, It’s purpose is to analyze, calculate, and create. For now, it’s still weak.”

 

“So it can make anything.”

 

“As long as I have magic power and materials yes.”

 

Jenna knew this kind of power was not normal. Indeed special types of magic existed but. Ones of this caliber are goldy. To think the one she thought was nothing more than an alcoholic was a great magician.

 

“Can I call you big brother Mr. I always wanted a cool big brother and you are the coolest one I know.”

 

Listening to that made him smile. To Quant’s former companions. A simple like this was elementary. To think it caused such an effect.

 

“Of course. You can always call me big bro.”

 

“Yaayyyy. I'm gonna tell great-grandpa.”

 

She dashed off to the villagers. Thrilled to give the news. Jenna smiled seeing her child so happy.

 

“Thank you so much. How could we ever repay you.”

 

“No worries. This is for all you have done for me. Don’t think too much...of i-.”

 

Before he could finish his sentence. He felt a bit light-headed. He held his head still taking a step back. His vision became distorted.

 

“Are you okay Mr. Quant. “

 

*BOOM*

 

He fell down. Headfirst on the floor. Blood dripping from his head.

 

“Mr Quant… Mr Quant! MR QUUAANT!”

2