Prologue : Going Back Again*
287 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Warning: Depressive and disturbing Content!

The city lights all lit up, brightening the winter nights of November. Tiny beads of soft white cottons are free falling from the night sky.

There were visible stars, even the moon was nowhere to be found.

"...fuuu~" puffed of white smoke came out as cold fermented deep within the night.

A man sat on the 4 ft concrete railing of the famous Valentine Corp. main building, that stood proudly at the middle of the city center.

He was facing outside, making his feet dangling dangerously down at 180 ft. Both his hands rested on his sides, as he looked up observing the view of the sky at night.

"...there were no stars...no moon...so...that's why it's so dark..." he murmured.

Despite being in the middle of the night, the city center remained lively and bright. Noises from cars can still be heard to where the man sat.

But as if he did not hear it nor see anything, the man just remains on his sit looking as though everything is melancholically dark.

Whoosh~

Cold winds blew harshly on the top of the building. It was colder than below, but despite of it, the man seems to not feel the temperature from where he is.

All he wore was black trousers and a white shirt with misaligned buttons revealing a strong white chest and a well-defined stomach muscle. On top of his shirt was a long waistcoat.

As the cold wind blew harder his waistcoat can't help but be guided by the wind and wave strongly.

His shoulder length black hair sway wildly, showing his smooth forehead and his black eyes that look dead.

The man has a very handsome face, yet right now. With his gloomy aura hinting a depressing tone, no one will associate him as a cool and handsome man.

He looked more like a melancholic beauty at night with only the cold and snow as his company.

The man's long eyelashes fluttered as he slowly closed his eyes. He was staring down the moment he opened his eyes again.

Even at night, the streets were still buzzing with people. The city highway was still busy with many cars going back and forth going to their respective destination.

But he...

Where should he go?

He puffed out another mouthful of air becoming a white smoke that was immediately washed away by the strong winds.

With his waistcoat flying, anyone would be scared by now. The feeling of being blown away or just thinking of falling down from where he was sitting was already enough to frighten anyone.

But the man seems to be not afraid of death.

If he could, he might just jump down directly from where he sat. Yet, many times...

No matter what he still can't kill himself.

Without looking away from down below, the man slowly lifted his arms, slid his hands under his sleeves and felt the marks of his attempts.

Not only that...

When the wind struck much harder, the man almost fell from where he was. Yet not a single panic could be seen on his face nor a flicker of emotion from his eyes.

He calmly set his balance in place, indifferent moving his body as if it was such a troublesome act.

But a button flew off from his shirt, unable to withstanding the pressure of the wind. Revealing quite enough scars that would take forever to disappear.

Surgery scars, stab marks and deep bullet marks from the side of his stomach.

The man was not the only one who wanted himself dead.

Thinking about it. He wonders if his life was really worth it.

Is he such an important person for so many people always there trying to catch him dead?

And he seems to be...

He was special indeed...

Very special...

"... that's right...for a person who went back in time..." for two times, he would be very disappointed if nobody treated him with such VIP treatment.

He went through the same process three times already as the matter of fact.

He was not a genius, nor the omnipotent CEO of Valentine Corp.

He was just an ordinary human who mastered a series of events from experiencing it over and over again.

"...and failing...over...and... over again..."

A single tear trail from his eye, vanishing as the strong cold wind blew all its traces.

The man lifted his head and stared blankly at the night sky, he sighed as he thought of what to do with his life from now on.

But no matter what he thought, everything on his mind was just a waste of time.

He was alone now, anyways.

Planning for the future is just...

BANG!

The metal door, the only entrance and exist of the rooftop was forcefully opened with such a strong force. That even the strong winds can't blow off the loud noise it produced.

Then a group of large men in black strode in blocking all possible entry ways and also exists, trapping the man in his place.

But the man did not care. He did not move or twitch. He did not even waste a little bit of energy to turn his head to look behind him. He just sat there motionless, looking at the sky blankly.

Then two figures came out behind the group of men in black. They looked dignified and proud, a tall man and a beautiful lady. All from head to toe, the two wore glamorous and expensive attires, feeling warm and comfortable. Contrary to the man's simple clothes. Both of them wore sparkling gold jewelry, like announcing to everyone that they were very rich and powerful.

They slowly walked towards the man, the two showing different expressions from their faces as they looked at the man that was just right in front of them.

...

The tall man's face looks hideously full of hatred. He was one of those, who tried all ways to kill this man, just to fail repeatedly. He used all resources to pull down this man right from his throne, just for his plan to backfire at him.

He hated this man, he envies him. He did his best to catch up, but when he thought that he was about to reach him he will step forward again.

He was always one step ahead of him.

And more importantly, he keeps breaking his relationship with his fiancé. Slandering his love and making things difficult for her...

This is now the end; he can't tolerate this man anymore.

"Kevin. This is the end; you won't be able to escape this time." A clear husky voice sounded, with an appealing tone that was so pleasant to hear.

The tall man hugged the beautiful charming woman beside him tightly in a very protective posture.

The woman smirked and responded back by embracing the man. Then she stared at the back of the man they just called. Her eyes reflected loss and wronged emotion.

She did everything to have this man, she almost begs and kneels to the ground to be this man's woman but...

She sneered as she thought of what's going to happen, 'he deserved it! Making me do all that! Die you f*cking martyr.'

As she thought of that, she lifted her hand and pointed her finger. A flicker of pink light suddenly glows at the tip of her finger. She smirked then pointed her finger at the chest of the man hugging her.

The pink glow melted and fused inside the tall man's body. For a second, the man's eyes turned blank and a pink light flashed through them.

But it was just a fleeting moment that no one noticed anything, except for one.

A large chinchilla cat sneaks behind all men in black at the rooftop, and hides within the tall grass at the garden at the center of all these happenings. No one noticed the cat either as it was a few meters away from the main characters staging a play behind the man sitting at the edge of the building.

It's silver eyes glow in the dark as it watches everything that's happening from the ground. It was like a tiger watching its prey while waiting for an opportunity to strike.

...

The tall man, together with the woman in his embrace, and steps closer to the man. The tall man's eyes already went back to normal, but his hatred vanished as his mind was thinking about different matters now.

He does not want to defeat this man anymore nor wanting to seek revenge for his fiancé.

What he wanted was to kill this man.

That's right, he will kill him right at this moment.

He let go of the lady and gently pulled her behind him as he walked closer to the man that's been ignoring them from the very start.

Then he called out.

"Older brother. Turn around and look at me."

It was a familiar voice and a familiar tone. The man misses this call from his little brother, it's been a while since he was called 'older brother' by this brother of his.

So, without any hesitation, the man turns his head. He shifted his dead eyes to the source of the voice, staring at them but their figures did not show any reflection on his eyes.

And from the corner of his eyes, he saw the woman in his brother's embrace. His black eyes slightly lit up; he slowly focused his sight as he gazed at the woman unblinking.

He opened his dry lips as if to say something but was interrupted by the tall man who was ignored again.

"Older brother, do you want to die?" He asked with such an imposing manner, with a kind and soft tone as like coaxing a child.

The man shut his mouth as he turned to look at his brother asking him in such a tone. He swallowed everything he wanted to say, the light that glowed in the center of his eyes dimmed. It went darker and darker blending into the color of the night.

"According to my investigation, older brother, you attempted to kill yourself many times. But you are a coward, so you fail every time. It's fine, older brother. I'm your younger brother, if there's something I can help then..."

The man halted his words as he took his time gazing at the man, waiting for him to show some reactions.

After waiting for a minute, he showed a disappointed smile seemingly saying that 'I've already reached out my hand to you but you rejected me.'

Shaking his head, he beams a smile.

"As a good younger brother, I should help you right."

The man just looked at him indifferently, not minding his words, even if it was directed to his death.

He doesn't care anymore.

He too has enough...

He was tired and exhausted.

And to the tall man's surprise, the man he called his elder brother finally responded back after a long while.

"...mn..." A simple nod, but was carrying heavy meanings.

The man then, tilted his head and asked, "...should...I thank you, then...?"

"No. It's fine older brother. You know, it was really tiring being your 'young brother'. I always need to mind my actions and always be cautious. Because I'm afraid that you might find out. That the brother you protected so long, was just one of those bastard sons you hated so much. Thankfully all of that ends now. Goodbye, older brother."

Push.

...

The eyes of the grey cat went wide. It was shocked, its body refused to move but it's mind was already screaming so loud ordering it body to move and save the man.

But it did not move...

It was too late even if it was able to move its body. The cat was so far away...

It won't be able to reach that person on time.

Wet marks slowly form on the big cat's furry face as it cries silently under the covers of the tall grass. The grey cat curled up, crying all its emotion.

After calming, it plans never to let those people have a happy life.

...

...

...

'...so, this is the end...after so many attempts...I can't believe that I would die like this. Is it really worth it... I wonder...'

Sharp and loud howl of winds prodding his ears, as his body was tightly embraced by the gravity pulling him down.

The man closed his eyes as spread his arms, accepting his death.

He really can't do anything about it anymore. He did his best but the result stays the same.

He even reached the point of questioning his own reason for existing.

"Hahahaha"

He can't help but laugh at himself. But even his scornful laugh was carried away by the sounds of the wind.

...

...

...

At the rooftop of the tall building, two figures were leaning as the watched the man fall for his death.

The woman's hands were resting on the concrete railing smiling in satisfaction. She even praised his lover for his work in her heart.

While the man hugged the woman from behind just taking a glimpse of the falling man he was calling older brother just a second ago. He smiles affectionately at the woman in his embrace, seeing her so happy, warmth was filling his cold heart, melting the iciness within it.

...

The man falling opened his eyes and stared at the silhouette of the two people embracing each other unblinking.

His eyes were blank and his face was expressionless. He looked at this scene in slow motion, while many memories flashing in his mind.

He knew this process. He...was dying again.

Memories from the past were playing inside his head like a movie going backwards.

His memories from those two merges with the scene of the two people looking at him from above.

He knew that they were happy now.

Smiling so enthusiastically... As if they just won a very difficult battle.

'...what a joke...really...but what's the use now...it was too late...everything...is too late...'

The man saw the two retreat from his view. He can't see them anymore.

His younger brother he protected with his life, while the other...

The other was the woman he loved.

He should have expected it. If he could receive such miracles then others can too.

He knows he made many mistakes. Many times…so much...

He did not make it his first time. So, he vowed revenge. He wanted everything to change, make their life more comfortable, but he died again from unexpected death.

Then he was given another chance, he thought he would never have again.

A third chance.

He went back again...

But it seems that he lost that chance from the very first time he was given a rebirth.

Now here he is, dying again for the third time.

He chuckled as he whispered to the wind his final words.

"...ahh~ such a blissful life I have..."

CRUSH!!

...

...

...

The man that just died falling did not know that someone he cherished was watching his death befall its eyes.

At the center of the greenery of the rooftop, a large grey chinchilla cat emerges. Giving up its hiding, it stands with its four legs not minding its fur being wet by the falling snow.

It glared menacingly at the couple who remained in the same hugging posture, basking in glow showing a victory light.

Watching them from afar, the cat's pupils shrink as a silver light flashes across it. Then it began to move.

A burst of fiery energy came from within the cat. It then rushes towards the couple as a shot of silver light came from its chest merging with the fiery energy and enveloped its whole body.

Crack.

With a stamp from its paw, it let out its claws, making a deep crack into the ground, showing how powerful its claws are.

When the woman noticed the cat, it was already too late. The grey cat was already close enough to attack while she was too slow to defend.

What's more, the woman was stunned, seeing the grey cat produce its own aura out of its body. And it was a very strong one, like a blazing fire surging wanting to devour her alive.

Fortunately, the woman did not have to release her aura actively. Her body responded as she felt danger close by. A faint pink aura enveloped the woman's entire body.

The man hugging her was confused, he did not know or see anything else, beside the cat his elder brother really loved. He was startled at first, seeing the cat was here.

But seeing how the cat reacted, he let it be. It was not surprising that the cat was very intelligent and loyal. It just saw its master fall to death with its own eyes. No wonder it became crazy.

The man just shook his head and looked one last time below. The blood splattered everywhere, staining the snow filled road red. The body of his older brother was scattered into pieces, and his head was shattered, broken like a watermelon.

But he did not feel anything at all. Not grieved, not sadness, nor guilt. He did not even feel fear, after pushing his elder brother off the roof with so many witnesses. Actually, he even felt happy and satisfied. He looks at the woman by his side and smiles. With her by his side there is nothing he could not do, so there's nothing to be afraid of either.

...

The cat shrieked fiercely at the man with a relaxed and happy expression, then to the woman with pink aura.

The silver aura surged from the cat's body, then it vanished. It appeared again after the cat concentrated all its power at certain parts of its body maxing out its strength and power.

The silvery flame emerges from its arms and legs and leaves prints of silver fire on the ground from where it steps on.

The cat jumped high using its hind legs, it jumped towards the woman surrounded by dimming pink light.

It positioned its arms to attack. Infused with concentrated silver fire, that was more powerful than the once before making its claw a perfect weapon that can tear and slice anything.

The cat attacked with all its might.

This is 'her' revenge.

"KYAAAAAAA!!!"

...

...

...                                                                                                                         

The man knew that he should've died from that fall without question.

However, he still has his consciousness. He was awake, his senses were still working properly.

He can even smell the unpleasant odor of disinfectant; he can also feel liquid flowing from his numb hand stuck with a needle. He can feel his whole-body ache with discomfort.

This is not something a person who fell from a building should have experienced.

However, he knew this.

He was familiar with this.

He did not want to accept it or acknowledge it but he experienced this many times before.

With great effort, he opens his eyes slowly. White ceiling of the hospital appeared before his eyes. He shed psychological tears from the sudden bright light, but he did not bother about it.

His face was blank and his eyes were dead. Even the tears did not make any rippled in his black dark eyes.

He slowly turns his head towards the small table to the side of the bed. There's a digital clock placed on it with time and date if he remembered it correctly.

A rectangular digital clock lay beside the flower vase decorated with all red roses, the same as back then.

Seeing the time and date displayed in the digital clock. He slowly turns back his head staring blankly at the ceiling.

And slowly closed his eyes.

He never wanted to open them again.

...

...

...

 

14