Chapter 4 : Kevin’s Past (2)
155 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alfred Valentine, the head of Valentine family at the present. He is known for his incompetence and he is a womanizing scum. If not for his half brother's excellent abilities, the whole family would have collapse by now.

It was unfortunate though, despite that brother's capabilities and talent because he was only a bastard son from the outside. He did not have any legitimacy to be acknowledge as a successor.

It was fortunate for Alfred Valentine to have a very simple and not ambitious brother. Lowell Valentine helped Alfred unconditionally, but in the end, he ended up dying instead, because Alfred felt threaten.

Everyone wanted Lowell to be the head despite him being an illegitimate child. Alfred was after all an incompetent fool. And as the fool, he thought Lowell was behind all this rumors and wanted to use the crowd to force him down.

So, he panicked and hired a hit man to killed his brother. There were actually many clues pointing at Alfred was connected about Lowell's death. But people too was greedy. Without Lowell supervising the company, the top can move as freely as they can, now that Alfred was the one managing everything.

And Valentine Corp. almost collapse because of what he did.

So, inorder to recover the company again, he can only do what he knew best.

Marriage alliance.

And Alexanders were the family he eye on.

Alexanders were an old family, rumors says that they belong to an aristocratic family from Old England, that migrated to Canada.

And more importantly, Alfred was charmed and mesmerized by the family head's daughter.

Beatrice Alexander.

Unfortunately, Beatrice already have a fiance and it was his most hated person in his entire life. Robert Hamilton.

Hamilton Inc. and Summer Inc. engage in a long term rivalry and it was well known throughout the business world.

Summer Inc should have also belong to Alfred. This was a company from his mother's side of the family. But thankfully, the Summers have many legitimate successor and Alfred was pushed aside because he was lacking in abilities and capabilities.

More than that, Robert Hamilton was Alfred classmate from elementary to college and he envy the man from the depth of his heart.

So, while Robert Hamilton was away from his business trip abroad. He planned to stole his fiance and went through the marriage alliance in one swoop.

And he succeeded, it was like hitting two birds in one stone. Alexanders were conservative family, so, when they learned that Beatrice was pregnant from different man other than her fiance, they were furious.

They immediately went through the marriage processed, forcing Beatrice to cancel their engagement to Robert Hamilton. 

She was devastated. Beatrice world fell and she developed depression and PTSD. 

No one knew what she went through from the time Robert was away. Only she and that man knew.

She wanted to abort the child in her stomach, but her family refused her to do it, forcing her to give birth. She feel dirty and she felt like the 'thing' in her stomach was eating away her vitality.

She almost died when she gave birth to Kevin. Her body was weak to begin with and couple with her mental problems...

If not for Robert Hamilton hanging on and staying by her side, she might have gone mad immediately.

After the marriage alliance was established, Alfred never really bothered about his new wife and still went on with his frivolous and gallant life. So, even if he knew his wife was having an affair with his ex-fiance.

Why would he care? He have multiple women too.

And from Kevin's birth, Beatrice never dare to looked at him. And every time she does, her eyes appeared fierce and full of hatred.

Beatrice only got better after she had Adrianne. And Kevin too, felt blessed when Adrianne arrived. Despite having so many brother's outside, Adrianne was the first to get closed to him.

For Kevin, Adrianne was his light. The sole moon at his lonely night.

He was happy and for the first time, he felt that he was needed.

Specially when their mother died. 

Kevin's desire to protect his younger brother intensify, since his brother was now the only reason why he was still alive. So, he promised to do everything for his brother.

That was before. But now...

...

...

...

"Mrs. Rich, if my brother asked about me, just tell him I went out, alright?" 

"Yes, young master." Mrs. Rich despite being worried, can't do anything but agree with what her employer's want.

She and her husband already talked, and right now she was having a head ache just remembering it.


'It seems that life will get tougher from here on out.' 

Mrs. Rich see Adrianne out and just went back to the mansion when she saw the car driving out of the iron gate.

She can't help but sigh and shake her head.

They were not rich but at least she has a loving family, that will always there supporting each other.

She better talked to the twins too...

...

...

...

Adrianne lean against the back of the chair, his posture relax with his leg crossed and his hands resting on his thigh. His face was serious and his eyes were sharp. He was surrounded by a heavy aura, an air like a respectable boss that owns large successful company. Looking experienced and competent.

This is the reason why Randall was always annoyed at Adrianne. He has many faces and he only act like an innocent puppy in front of Kevin. And in front of him, Adrianne act like a total jack*ss delinquent.

He looked outside the window of the car while deeply pondering about their conversation before.

'Kevin was a pitiful child', that's what his father told him. Adrianne did not know what it meant before he trully met Kevin. 

'A beautiful doll', that's his first impression when he first met Kevin at the hospital. His was so small and thin, his face was devoid of emotions and his eyes were empty.

Back then, that's how he is. Adrianne bit his thumb nail, feeling angry. His older brother went back to how he was before.


' Who is it?! F*ck! Who is the trash that told older brother that secret!'

His brother told him that he knew from the very beginning that their mother was seeing someone outside. 

But Adrianne knew that even if Kevin really knows about that, like his brother has said. Kevin will never really connect Adrianne to their mother's lover. That's why he has been able to hide everything well, untill now.

Despite his brother's huge IQ, he was actually very lacking. His brother was an idiot, too naive and innocent to remain in that family.

If Adrianne really leave, then what will happen to Kevin.

That family of scum will eat his brother alive and will not let any remains go to waste.

He need to move now. Since his brother already knew about him then, he will be able to take action in much more larger scale.

But first he need to talk to his father, and of course...

Adrianne clicked his tongue and took out his phone. With a few touches, he put the phone against his ears and put out an order.

"Investigate Eugene Valentine. Everything. Give the result as soon as possible."

...

...

...

Meanwhile, when everyone were having their own brooding moments, a certain cat was already dying as well.

Inside Kevin's room.

A 5.5 kg, fully grown, grey chinchilla cat sat on the study table feeling alert and anxious. It's small rectangular ears twitched everytime it detect any sounds. 

It's silver eyes were wide open with its iris dilated, looking at the digital clock unblinking. And every now and then, the cat will turn to stared at the small calendar, as if counting days.

It does not know how long it was supposed to wait. It was quite long, too long, super long.

When will it supposed to meet Kevin? 

Too long...

Feeling unhappy, the big cat raised it's paw and smack the top of the digital clock that was showing a blinking 14:38.

Paw! Paw! Paw!

Then it saw the time blink again but this time the 8 changed to 9. It's iris shrunk, the big cat felt like this clock was mocking it. So, it gave the digital clock a few more paw smacking.

While it was punishing the clock, it ears suddenly moved. The grey cat just heard someone's steps coming from outside of the door. So, it stopped bullying the clocked, and turned to gazed with his silver eyes at the door.

The foot steps sounds familiar, and the big cat already knew who this person is.

When the footsteps stoped in front of the door,  the big cat immediately hopped down from the table and rush towards the door.

It sat across the door with its sparkling silver eyes. It's fluffy tail flexibly waving showing its excitement, as it waiting for the person outside to open the door and come in.

Click. 

Hearing the knob being turned, it's ears perked up. 

The cat then stood up again and crouch down in hunting position. It's eyes gazed unmoving to the door. Any moment, that door will opened and that person will come in.

And the moment he does, the big cat will jump high and will surely surprise the person coming in.

The grey cat was feeling proud and happy inside, already imagining that person's surprised expression. It can't help but wiggled it's butt together with its swaying tail.

Then the door opens.

The big cat immediately used the strength in its legs and jumped high, and the person who just opened the door, let go of the knob and catched the fluffy grey bundle the flew over to him in reflex.

The big cat then looked up wanting to see how surprised its master was and maybe make fun of him for a while. However, what the grey cat saw, made it shocked speechless instead.

...

With his black dead eyes, Kevin stared down the bundle of fur in his arms and gently adjust his hold to make the big cat more comfortable.

"...did you gain weight, Ash?" Kevin asked, his expression stays blank, his eyes look dead. His face was pale and he thinned down. 

"...meow?" Said the cat that planned to complain a bit and play pitiful for being abandoned for a long time.

...

...

...

save!!

finally finished the revisions.

phew~

I stopped writing for a few day, we t I accidentally watches iZombie at Netflix.

I got addicted!

It was super good detective series but not a good romance!!

9