Chapter 8 : Nightmare (3)
140 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"!!!" The big cat opened its eyes instantly. It's silver eyes still contains some remnants of crazy whirl of emotions, but it's confusion was hinted more notable. 

Ash looked around and found itself inside a car. And it was Kevin's car.

That's right. It sneaked out just to check out Kevin's company. 

Because Kevin was growing worst and worst, Ash needed to take it to find out what Kevin has been doing inside his company.

But why did Ash felt like, it had been here before. The big cat shakes it's head and rush out stealthy from the car toward the elevator.

Ash then escape from a mob employee at tenth floor, and run all the way to floor 26 where the CEO's office was located.

Ash was disappointed that it did not see the person it was looking for, and planned to filled that person's chair with its fur.

But an irritating secretary ruined its fun, but then, secretary told the big cat that Kevin was at the rooftop, so the big cat became lenient and only scratched that woman's hand.

Then it run straight to the roof top where it saw many men in black being controlled by that stinky woman.

The big cat sneak behind all men in black at the rooftop and hide within the tall grass at the ornamental garden.

And watched as the two people killed it important person. When the big cat saw how it all happened, the cat went on rampaged and killed everyone at the rooftop.

It then jumped following the way it's important person died.

...

...

...

Ash once again woke up and abruptly opened it's eyes. It looked around wearily. It's silver eyes now filled with noticable fear, cautioned, and uncertainty.

The big cat was gasping for air and it was panicking quite a bit. 

The big cat knew that it was inside Kevin's car, and it sneaked out to check what Kevin has been doing inside his company, but...

Ash stared at the car door hesitantly.

The big cat did not want to go out at all!

It did not know what was happening, it knew it had to go, this was only it's chance. But Ash was somewhat anxious.

Ash experienced this before, this scene, this place...

Ash had been here.

The big cat tried to calm down its own heavily beating heart. It need to know the situation...

"!!" But a forced suddenly pulled the big cat, as if controlling it's body to make some move.

The big cat watched in horror as it's paw just made a step forward, opening the car door.

It's body was moving on its own!

Someone was forcing it to relived certain scenes!

When the big cat made a quick exit from the elevator at the 10th floor, the big cat finally let go of the control and let its body move on its on. 

And it used this time to deeply think of what's happening.

Sitting on the same place covered with blood and wounds, Ash, the big grey cat finally made an assumption.

Ignoring the painful, numbing sensation in its body, it jump down the building.

The moment it jumped, the thing controlling it's body was gone. Ash squinted it's silver eyes as it gazed down towards the mutilated corpse that was going nearer and nearer by the seconds.

While falling in quick speed, Ash rubbed it's paws together, and a silver flame was quickly produced at the center of its two paws. When the ball of silver flame appeared, Ash spread it's two front legs up. 

Because time was urgent, the big cat control the silver flame in haste and made it grew bigger. The silver flame surrounds the grey cat's whole body. And the moment the big cat finally reached the ground, it was not hurt, but only made a huge crater on the ground.

When the big cat touched the ground, it ignored all flying debris from its fall and immediately looked towards the bloody corpse location.

The big cat was nervous for a second, thinking that it had crushed the already mutilated body of 'Kevin'. Thankfully, when the big cat fell a huge wind slightly deviates it's fall from the designated target.

Heaving a sigh of relief, Ash ignore the the shocked, confused and curious people around. Even when a child tried to go and carried it, the big cat did not bother and still went on it way.

Why? 

Because when the moment the child went to grab the big cat, the child's hand just went through its body. 

Why?

Because the incidents that was supposed to occured already happened. This was just a memory. From the time Ash jumped off the building, the memory already ended. So, without any pillar supporting the entire place. Like a play without any script, it won't be finalized. 

That's why, everything here was now just an illusion.

Ash slowly walk closer towards the corpse, the people around were already disappearing. And by the time the big cat arrived beside the bloody corpse, the corpse too, was slowly vanishing.

However, before it vanished. Ash went even more closer. Ash then lay beside the corpse, it did not mind the blood on the floor or the gory appearance of the corpse.

Ash lay and lean its head beside the corpse's chest. When the big cat did not hear any heart beat, it just closed its eyes.

When Ash opened it's eyes, it was once again shocked that it jumped so high. The big cat's fur already went back to normal, except that it was now frighteningly standing up.

Up ahead was the same creepy shadowy figure. When Ash opened it's eyes, it's scary face was the thing that welcomed it.

If the big cat could, it will be shouting curses by now. But it can only shrieked a warning hissed towards the black mass.

Ash even now knew who or what made Kevin repeated see nightmares when he sleep. Earlier, Kevin too was having a nightmare, and Ash was sure that this thing was the source of it.

The shadowy figure stood up and tilted its head in 90° angle, with its round eyes and eerily smiling mouth. There were still two lines trailing down from its eyes, that it made it more creepy.

However, no matter what the big cat do, it was still no matched against the black mass. 

This was it's world after all.

Ash can only retain it's silver flame surrounding it's body as a shield, so, it won't be able to affect it anymore.

But even with its shield, the big cat was still shackled. A black chains fastened it's legs on the ground.

Ash tried to control the silver flame to burn the chains, only to fail.

It was trully anxious right now. 

This shadow was even more powerful than that woman, who uses hypnosis. Even the silver flames was useless.

Ash silver eyes were starting to shake, as it watched the black mass walked closer. 

It watched as a hand slowly fallen from it and lost consciousness once again.

But before Ash completely passed out, it saw an unimaginable sight.

The dark shadow figure lost its smile and it looked at the big cat as if it was calling for help.

Ash did not understand, it was confused. 

Maybe it was just an hallucinations.

...

...

...

Ash immediately understand what shadow's expression meant, the instant the big cat woke up again.

It was indeed asking for help, but the one needed the helping was not the shadow.

But Kevin.

...

...

...

<...night, good night ♪♪>

<It's time to sleep now ♪♪>

Sweet singing voice woke Ash up. It was a beautiful voice of a child, like a wind chimes, it sounds pleasant to the ears. It's small triangular ears twitched, as it listen to the song.

<...♪♪ the moon is watching over...>

<...you and your dreams...♪♪>

<...♪♪...good night, goodnight ♪♪>

<...my little sweet one ♪♪>

But the big cat found the song tone is kind of sad. And this made it worried for inexplicable reasons.

So, the big cat looked around, as it follows the direction where the singing voice came from. When the big cat found a window, it hopped into the cabinet and peaked outside.

With just a single glance, Ash already knew that the big cat was inside a manor. A huge, wide and luxurious modern Victorian style manor.

The interior design were quite simple and the color decorations alternate between white, blue and black.

But the big cat didn't bother with that, it perk up its ear trying to listen to the song.

<...♪♪... tommorow your eyes ♪♪>

<...♪♪...they will...light up the...sun...>

Hearing a pause in that phase, the big cat somewhat grew nervous.

So, it quickly hasten up locating the source of the song.

But...

When Ash finally found it.

Ash can only feel...

...devastated.

<...♪♪ but... good night, good night...♪♪...>

<...sweet dreams for now ♪♪>

<... drift off to sleep...♪♪...>

<...♪♪...on the...pillows of...clouds.>

<...good night, good night...♪♪...>

< ♪♪ My little sweet friend ♪♪>

< Tomorrow's adventure...♪♪...>

<...♪♪...they will...soon begins...♪♪...>

...

...

...

Ash sat in front of a huge wooden wardrobe. It's ears were drooping, and it's head looking down. 

Both handle of the wardrobe were chained. 

And inside was the source of singing voice, Ash was looking for.

<... tomorrow's... adventure ♪♪...>

<...will...soon... begin...?>

...

...

...

I like this song very much.

<Sleeping at last> 

I don't know who was the singer or the writer of the song but it was really a good lullaby.

You can listen to it, if you have time. 

https://youtu.be/OYnm3BLfTB8

8