Chapter 12 : Nightmare (7)
132 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Her eyes then shook, slowly regaining it's focused. She stared at her child and the looked in her eyes suddenly change.

And that change made Ash feel afraid. The big cat looked at the woman cautiously. Ash really didn't expect it, she was not giving off killing intent. She was silent, everything was cold and quiet. She just stare, and her eyes did not gave any hint, except that her eyes looked at Kevin like he was already dead.

Drip. Drip.

Ash flinched, he then turn to looked at Kevin. His eyes were blank, there was no trace of his smile too, and he was shedding silent tears.

"...Kevin." Ash called out, but Kevin didn't  respond or looked at him. So, he walked closer wanting to rub his face over in comfort but he find himself passed through him again.

"What!" He wave his paw and it just went through little Kevin's body. Ash was flustered, he called out again, but Kevin didn't hear him.

He does not like it. The feeling of constantly shouting without anyone responding is scary, and Ash did not like it at all.

"Kevin! Kevin! Kevin!" He called out frantically, he jumped around making a ruckus but Kevin still did not look or respond to him.

Then suddenly a voice sounded. It was soft hoarse voice of a woman. It sounded tired and exhausted, nevertheless it still carries somewhat sweet and affectionate tone.

"...Kevin, come here..."

It was Beatrice, Kevin's mother. With a humiliating posture and embarrassing appearance she smile towards her son. 

But little Kevin instead trembled.

That was the sign. 

'Kevin, come here.' His mother will always utter those phrase before she beat him up. 

No, this time it was worse.

Little Kevin knew, seeing his mother that it will not end with just scratches and bruises.

And without opening his mouth to speak, little Kevin immediately stood up and run away.

Of course, Ash followed after him.

Kevin rush to his bedroom to pick his phone and run towards the room with a large wardrobe.

He was clearly terrified and frightened, but his face remain blank and expressionless. Only his eyes reflected his emotion.

Such a young child, alone in such terrible environment. 

Without no one to trust..

No one to rely on...

No one to talk to...

Ash, slowly trying to understand why Kevin really treasure his younger brother despite knowing who his parents trully is. 

All those years he lived in this empty mansion, Adrianne was the first to trully see Kevin as he is.

Adrianne was his first friend, his companion, his family and the center of his life.

Ash watched, since there's nothing he could do.

Kevin switched open his phone and directly went to call the only person on the phone book.

[Robert Hamilton]

Seeing those letters, Ash was filled with dread. Kevin knew from the start that he was an unwanted child.

He was born just so, his father will make use of his existence to tie down the Alexanders who only think about their reputation and pride as an old noble house.

Beatrice was sold off by her family and Kevin was left to rot in this big empty mansion alone. 

This is the life Kevin wanted to forget.

...

...

...

Minutes past to hours, yet no one seems to care picked up little Kevin's call. 

The ring changes many times. It was no longer busy, but even so, the other side seems to have no intention of answering the call.

Little Kevin called many times, repeatedly and continually.

But little Kevin was forced to stop.

When the wooden door of the room that Kevin locked was opened.

So, he has to stop. He knew who opened the door. Inside the mansion, there were only two people; little Kevin and his mother, Beatrice.

"...Kevin, why are you hiding? Come here..."

Kevin put the phone down, but before he did. He send text message instead of calling the other person, one last time.

[Mr., mother was beaten by father again. And it seems bad, very bad. Can you come over?]

Never would Robert Hamilton thought, that his decision to ignore that child's call will make him regret it for the rest of his life.

When he read the text message, he already regretted it. He came as fast as he could but he was still too late.

...

Swoosh.

The door of the wardrobe suddenly opened. Little Kevin turned to looked at his mother, his fears were evident in his black widen eyes.

Ash shrieked angrily at the woman that now wore a silky red robe that was tied with loose black ribbon.

"...just as I thought...your here..." Beatrice voice still sounded hoarse and cranky, but her tone was soft and gentle. Yet for Kevin, her voice was like a violent windstorm, a fearsome storm that will struck him leaving him many scars that won't heal.

Seeing her son unresponsive, Beatrice scowled. She lifted her feeble hand full of bruises and gasped Kevin's raven hair tightly.

"I said come didn't I!? Why won't you listen!?"

Like how she was dragged by Alfred from her hair, Beatrice pulled Kevin by his hair and dragged him out of the wardrobe.

Little Kevin did not struggle, he did not cry in pain nor scream. He just let Beatrice dragged him.

Beatrice dragged her son until they arrived at the same room Alfred brought Beatrice to do the deed.

When they came in, the room was still left the same. The musky smell still lingers in the air, the room was a mess, specially the bed. But no one care. Beatrice dragged Kevin inside and just let him go when she finally closed and locked the door from the inside.

Little Kevin back away from his mother and watched her warily. But he was no where to go, when his small back bumped into the sturdy wall, he knew that there's nothing he could do anymore.

He tucked himself into the corner and cautiously watches his mother rampages into her drawer looking for something.

She looked like an insane person. She was a mess; her hair were tangled all over, her robe was in disorder and the looked of her face is terrifying.

She has a maniacal smile curved in her broken lips. Her black eyes swirl insanity, and the way thrashed all items in the drawer while letting out an eerie laugher...

Beatrice totally lost it.

"Ah! Found it...hehehe..." She turn to at her son who was trying to fit himself as small as he could at the corner of the room, wishing not to be notice by his mother. 

"Kevin look! I found it. Mommy found it!" She wave her hand frantically, her smile widening. She looks like a child that found something interesting in the drawer, except that she looks totally like a madman now.

In her hand was a transparent medicine bottle. She was shaking it madly making an irritating sharp sounds. 

Then without a warning she run towards her frightened son, she kneel down, happily make her son looked at the medicine bottle in her hand.

"Look. Look. See this." She urged, shoving the medicine bottle into little Kevin's face.

There's a sticker label glued from the inside of the bottle. Perhaps it was to make sure that the label will not be removed and the one taking it will not mistakenly eat what's inside the bottle. 

[Citalopram Tablet] 

(A anti - depressant medicine use to deal with depression and other disorder.)

Little Kevin was able to read it, but he does not know what it mean. 

"It's a candy, baby. Don't you want to be with your mommy?" 

Little Kevin was scared, he shrink back to the corner trembling. He evaded his mother's touch and bow down his head in order to escape his mother's insane filled eyes.

"What's wrong?" She titled her head as she asked in confusion. "I won't hurt you. Come here, baby. Look at mommy, ok?" 

Although her voice was hoarse, it has a soothing tone. When little Kevin heard his mother saying she will not hurt him, he obeyed. As long as his mother won't hurt him, it was fine.

"Did mommy scared you?" She asked looking concerned. Little Kevin was bewildered and confused. He was still scared and his trauma won't end with just his mother being gentle with him. After all, little Kevin has been beaten for so long as he could remember. 

However, seeing his mother being gently and approaching like this. Little Kevin as naive as he looked, still hope that her mother stays like this for a long time.

He then, nodded his head in response to his mother's questions and was surprised to received a very soft yet tight hug from Beatrice.

"I'm sorry...mommy has been hurting you all this time. I'm sorry..." She cried and apologizes repeatedly. Little Kevin cried too, for the first time in a long time.

He have a hope. Did his mother really mean it?

"I won't do it again. Baby, mommy won't harm you again, I promised." 

Her voice was genuine. This is the first time little Kevin heard his mother talked to him like this. His mother skin was cold, but somehow he felt warmth envelope him. 

And as he felt warmth in his heart, his hope also overwhelmed his thoughts. 

Little Kevin wanted this from the beginning. No one wanted to touch or talk to him. It was only when his mother beat him will he be able to feel other's touch. 

But it was different this time. 

His mother hug him. It was a very good feeling. It was addicting. He wanted more of his mother's hug, her voice calling him softly and her voice telling him words like a lullaby. It was soothing.

Little Kevin never experienced this before.

He wished this last forever.

...

...

...

Here's the update!!! 

One more chapter and will proceed with the next arc! Yahoo!

School arc will finally begin!!

┏(^0^)┛

7