Chapter 15 : Tomorrow’s Arrival (2)
107 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Kevin and Ash were experiencing their nightmarish adventure, meanwhile, Adrianne was sitting on a comfy couch– his arms hang around the backrest and his long legs stretched out resting the small table at the middle. He wore grumpy expression as he and the person sitting on the opposite couch were having a staring contest– or not.

Adrianne keep glaring at the man one sidedly, yet the other side seems not affected at all. The man with brunette hair that was neatly combed back, sat straight with his orderly arranged suit, while sipping on a hot tea.

This man was none other than Adrianne's father– Robert Hamilton.  

His eyes were closed as he savoring the flavor of his narcissus oolong tea. He bought this one from China when he last went there from a business trip. One of his colleagues was a tea enthusiast. He said that this tea came from Wuyi and one of the rarest of teas there. And what makes this tea interesting is about its experienced being passed around until it finally came back from where it supposed to be.

He was just intrigued, he doesn't care much about what he drink, so, he tried. It seems that, his old friends likes teas for a reason. 

This oolong tea has a rich flavourful aroma. It's smooth and creamy. But what he likes best is the floral and fruity scent like a perfume fragrance. It has hints of roasted almond, peach, apricot and pear. Very interesting. Maybe, he should try collecting teas now as well.

Knowing that his father's attention was not on him, Adrianne can't help but lift his feet and slam it to the table, making a crisps audible sound.

Robert frowned, but he didn't opened his eyes. He swirl his cup inhaling the tea scent, he took a sip and elegantly place the tea cup back to the saucer that he was holding with his other hand.

Clink. 

"Put your feet down, Addy. Don't make me say it twice." 

A magnetic, deep voice sounded as the Robert opened his mouth. His tone was commanding and sounding like an absolute order, even the rebellious Adrianne can't help but immediately sat properly when he heard that voice.

But even so, his expression completely reflect refusal as he glared at the man angrily.

"Why won't you help my order brother?!" He exclaimed. His fists were tightly clenched stopping his trembling as he tried to have a conversation with the old man.

"Mn? Your really attached to that kid." Robert said. He slowly opened his eyes, revealing a dark golden solemn irises. He glanced at his son hinting no emotion on his face, then looking back at the tea in his hands.

"My older brother already knows. So, why don't you give me a favor and pull both of us out of that family."

"You think it's easy?"

"If it's you, you can easily pull it off." Adrianne declared, as he looked at his father with a smug.

Looking amused, Robert Hamilton put down the tea on the table. Adjusting his position, he looked at his son. He crossed his legs and interlocked his hands, put it in his thigh, and asked, "You trust me that much?" 

Without slightest of hesitation Adrianne responded "Of course!", as he let out a smirked.

Hearing this Robert's eyes flash hint of interest, smiling at his son, he refused. "Still. No"

"Why?!" Adrianne bolted upright, looking at his father with unbelievable eyes. They've been arguing since an hour ago, listing pros and cons about his older brother leaving that family. Although, Adrianne still never told his father about the inheritance– he still can't believe how decisive his father about leaving his older brother alone in that family.

He thought that at least for the sake of annoying or making that f*cking scum angry or just making things difficult for that malicious scum, his father would do anything.

Did he made a mistake? Adrianne looked at his father doubtfully, and silently contemplate.

Guessing what's swirling on this son of his, Robert fetched his tea, draining the whole cup, and sigh as he placed the cup on the table.

"Tell me. Who do you think Kevin Valentine is to that family?" He started. Robert looked at his son that revealed slight confusion and a whole lot of twisted expression. 'Do you still need to asked that, dad? Isn't it obvious?' was written all over his face.

Robert Hamilton can't help but sigh again. His son was still haft bake. Though his smart and quick witted, and his business acumen is rich and outstanding, it was still not enough. With his attitude, Adrianne won't be able to survive if he happen to involve himself with those foxes and wolves. 

So, while thinking how to developed his son further, he asserted. "He may not be that important to that family but he was very important to their corporation."

"..." 

"What do you think Valentine Cops is?" Robert asked. He looked at his son that was thinking deeper and approved of his serious attitude towards this subject. 

He knew how important that kid is towards his son. They grew up together and Adrianne really look up to him and treat him like his was his older brother– technically, they are half brothers. It's not that he didn't want to help. It's just, he really can't see why he have to help.

After a while Adrianne speak out his observations, while he didn't forget to named curses on a particular person. 

"Despite having that son of a b*tch as a President, because that bastard was blessed with good subordinates that company still lies within the top." He said frowning his brows as that scum's image flash in his mind.

"When Valentine Family was still on its greatest heights, they almost devour and monopolize the business world. They set up banks, investment houses, lenders, finance companies, real estate brokers, and insurance companies all over the world and once rein as capitalist that runs the world." He continued.

Adrianne looked at his father and a certain speculation appeared in his mind.

"But their already crumbling!" He exclaimed.

Looking at his son being emotion again, Robert heavy sigh once more. He was just approving his son's attitude earlier and he made another disappointed remark. Though, Robert was proud that his son way of thinking was in the right path. 

"Still naive. Did you forget who is behind that measly company for the past four years?" He said. Robert voice was still domineering. "It's your older brother, stupid fool." 

Speechless, Adrianne once again glared at his father. Calling him stupid! And not just that, this old man called him fool as well! 

However, as he listened to his father's explanation. He was completely baffled.

"Older brother started that early?" 

Robert was amused by his son's reaction. So, he didn't know. The person he called older brother was a monster. In the age of twelve, that so called older brother already started contributing to Valentine Corps.

After Lowell Valentine was said to be killed. That bastard, without any shed of guilt, bought his son to the front line. After a year of training and being accustomed of dealing and being dealt with. That genius child grew up as a monster.

He did not only maintain Valentine Corps position at the top, he even lead that chaotic company to the place where they stood before. And not to mention, Summer Inc. supported them as well. 

If Kevin Valentine were to retreat back and never touch any business dealings again, then that would be troublesome. The half a month of his absence already said so. Though he didn't mind, crossing out a potential enemy but the destruction of that company will have a chain reaction.

Adrianne feel anxious. Does that mean that his older brother will still be forced to work as a slave under that low life scum?

He looked at his father, that was observing him. Then he remembered about his brother's inheritance. He slowly relax his countenance, and gazed at his father. But his mind was working on plans and several schemes that will make this old man accept his deal.

Robert was surprised, to see his son relaxing. 'Interesting', he thought. It seems that his son did not came empty handed. His lips curve up as he urge his son to speak up.

Adrianne beam a smile. He opened his mouth and begin telling his father his preposition.

Hearing them, Robert can't help but let out a proud chuckled. His eyes flash cold glint as he agreed with his son. He reached out his hand to seal their agreement and Adrianne excitedly shakes his father's hand.

"I'll help you."

"Thanks, dad! Remember it's a promise!"

Adrianne hugged his father, acting cute and childish. Robert on the other hand, knitted his brows as he push his son away from him. He was already grown up, why did he still act like this?

"Did you always act like this towards that kid?" He asked, letting curiosity get his mind.

"Why? Is there a problem dad? Aren't I cute?"

"Stop." Robert refuted.

"Fine." Adrianne pouted and sat back on the couch changing back his attitude. He glanced at his wrist watched. Seeing the time, he thought, from his older brother's change. He might be sleeping by now. It might still be afternoon, but he decided to go back home tomorrow. He still need to contact that Professor again.

Thinking about his older brother again, Adrienne thought that, maybe changes like this was for actually for the better.

...

...

...

At the same time.

In a certain suburbs in Toronto– Greenfield's Neighborhood.

A young woman with icy blond hair that almost looks silver, lay in deep sleep in a king sized bed. Her completion was pale, but without a doubt, she is a beautiful, charming woman.  She seems to be having a nightmare as cold sweat continuesly trail down her pretty face. But it doesn't affect her beauty at all, she even looks more dazzling.

Swoosh~

With the touch of cold breeze from the open window in her face, her curly long eye lashes quivered and they abruptly opened up.

Gasped. 

A beautiful cool blues appeared. A shades that was clear as the spring waters and was blue as the sky. 

However, for someone who just woken up, her eyes shows no sign of sleepiness. Instead it was filled with grievance, resentment, hatred, dissatisfaction, but fear and horror were mostly evident and hinted with those eyes.

It was fear of death. 

The young woman gasped hard, her fists clenched tightly and her chess was heaving up and down. Slowly, as the young woman recovered her normal breathing, the complicated emotions reflected in her eyes slowly disappear leaving only confusion on them.

As she stabilize her breathing, she sat up and lean against the headboard of the bed. She looked around and doubt rose from her confused blue eyes.

Where is this? Isn't this her house? Why is she here? She wasn't dead?

She's not dead...

Getting out of the bed, she rush towards the dressing room and face the full size mirror, then carefully looked at herself.

Feeling surprised and exhilarated, the young woman touched her cheeks, her arms, feeling the smoothness of her skin. She touched the mirror, and she really can't believe what she was seeing.

This was her young self!

A beautiful girl that still full of innocence and youthful beauty. She really can't believe it!

In order to confirm her guess, the young woman quickly went over the calendar and looked at it. She almost paste her face on it, excitement reach her head as she saw what the current date.

It's April of 20XX!

The young woman suddenly laugh out loud. Her eyes tear up, she was happy, very very happy.

She already died, but she was reborn!

The world was still on her side!

Then her laugh die down when she remembers the way she died. Gritting her teeth, her beautiful blue eyes redden with hatred and anger. 

That stupid cat!

Who would have known!!

That one that was trying to hinder her plan all along was that cat!

Who would have known, that cat also has it!

That silvery aura! 

That aura was so pure that it immediately defeated her dimming aura. 

It was because of that cat!

The young woman's eyes changes and became cold and vicious. The young innocence and her childish beauty disappeared all together. What remain was an evil fairy. A succubus dominating with lust of revenge and determination to conquer again.

She still vividly remember the excruciating pain as that hateful cat rip her body to pieces. 

"That's right, as long as I kill that cat, my dream! I can achieve my dream with anyone hindering me!!"

As she declared those words, a fierce pink light flashed in her blue eyes. And like an explosion, her body was enveloped by pink fire, but instead of smoke. Lushes of pink hearts flew like bubbles. It emits strong scent of pheromones that will surely drive anyone crazy.

Looking through the mirror again, the young woman smile at her reflection. Her blue eyes lite up pink hue showed satisfaction. She smile, appearing evil and malicious.

"Welcome back, Ashley Lawrence."

...

Yeah! Welcome back!!

Ash will surely be glad to find you alive and health!

Don't worry Ash will make you wish for hell again!!

7