Chapter 20 : Brewing Storm
86 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Rebecca gracefully walked towards the entrance of a luxurious French restaurant. Carrying her red Prada that very much suited her wide strap halter collar, fitted knee length red dress. With her red burgundy platform high heels that rang a clear tap, tap, sounds from every steps.

In one glance, there's only two words that could describe her. A 'woman in red'. Rebecca's hair are reddish brown. When the rays of sun hit her hair, every curls will glow a bit red, making her appearance more enticing. Her fitted dress highlights her curves. Though, her chest size are average, her plum bottoms and hour Glass figure generally make up for her defects. 

As a model/actress, Rebecca is trully worth spending money on. Just her face and body can make men drool, not to mention she is an Oscar level actress. She was crowded as movie queen in her fourth year in entertainment industry. In modeling, countless high end brands line up for to be her sponsor just so, they could get her to be their model. 

However, despite of her long list of qualifications written in her resume. This woman who always wear red still maintain her status as a single. 

With her works and products, Rebecca own millions in her accounts. Although, not enough to compare to her parents' employer, she is still rich and could spent her life entirely just by sitting around, if she wanted too. But she remains within her parents employer's mansion to live and has never plan to move, like how her twin brother, Ronald decided to stay as mansion's Butler. 

Lowering down her huge glasses, Rebecca's beautiful eyes stared at the receptionist who welcomed her after she emerge behind the entrance door. 

When the receptionist saw Rebecca coming, she instantly switched her smile into a humble, sweet, gentle smile. She knew this woman, of course. Rebecca is known to many high end restaurants in this city. She properly greeted Rebecca, and immediately called someone to bring her to VIP room. But Rebecca stopped her before the move on, saying "I'm with someone " 

The receptionist asked and checked the list of reservation. She let out a business smile and order the waiter to bring Rebecca to the designated vip room.

Her voice was really good to hear, the receptionist 

The waiter opened the door and gentlemanly bow an courtesy for her to walk inside. When Rebecca step in, the waiter kindly closed the door softly and walked away.

Rebecca stay standing, contemptuously staring at the woman sitting gracefully in one of the chairs. She held a wine glass filled with half glass of red wine. Swirling the glass in her hand as she looked at the red wine inside rather mysteriously. Dimmed light illuminated her face from above, making her icy blond hair looks more like a thread of silver, glittering agaist the light.

Seeing this scene, Rebecca was in dazed for a moment. She knew this woman have an ethereal beauty. However, her personality was opposite of her delicate beauty. But right now, Rebecca feels as though this woman is different from before. 

Because if it was before, this woman will undoubtedly not looked at her nor will she incite her to this lunch. Not to mention, that bitch never knew how to use her charms and dress up like a woman before. 

But looking at it now... Rebecca didn't know what to think. The woman wore a black dress designed with lace up detailing, v neck with small drill cap sleeves and a mini skirt.

If the woman in black didn't make a move to looked at her and put down the glass of wine in her hand, Rebecca feared that she will remain in dazed all this time. 

That made her more furious. So, with a huge stride, she reached her own sit and sat with a bad mood. With her face covered with black lines, she once again stared at the woman in black. But this time, she is more prepared. Rebecca raise her chin with a glared, fiercely slicing the woman with her eyes as she i quite what she need.

"What do you want, Ashley Lawrence? Calling me out in broad daylight. Did you not know who I am?!"

Fluttering her long eye lashes, Ashley Lawrence turned to look at the woman in red sitting opposite of her. She chuckled. Her soft laugh sounded in the quiet room. It echoes a seduction no one could refuse. 

"That's right. I am Ashley Lawrence." She said. Her soft high pitch voice, sounded like singing bird. It was very beautiful and made Rebecca dazed once more. 

Seeing that, Ashley stood up with her lips curled up in a seductive smile. She licked her red lips as if seeing a delicious meal. Then, from with her body, sweet lush of pink pheromones was released. Quickly, pink fog occupies the room, and within short amount of time, it became thick and thicker. It was so thick, that some of that pink smoke gathered forming a heart shaped smoke that slowly turning solid but still maintain in spiritual state. 

Ashley Lawrence can only laugh with joy seeing this wonderful scene. In her mind she thought, 'I became much more stronger.'

...

...

...

<Valentine Corporation>

At the very top floor, an office the looks very much like a presidential suite. 

Flap. Flap. Flap. Papers being flip over in a quick manner rang across the entire quiet office. Scribbling of pen could be heard after several flips of the papers. But for some reason, though the office seems quiet and peaceful, especially, looking at it feels like your in some kind of a grand hotel. The atmosphere inside doesn't quite fit in.

Heat seems to swirl around the office, and smoke filled the room, in metaphorical sense. A man that looks to be in his 30s sat across a table with mountains of paper works. His black hair was disheveled, his blue eyes bulge with fierce red veins surrounding them, looking quite frightful. A huge and deep eye bags comfortably laying below his eyes. While his face is pale from over work and lack of sleep. But despite of this, the man still exclude male hormones that could entice any woman who would see him. 

However, looking carefully, blue veins thumped thumped in his temple, beating fiercely, as the man silently endure this torment of sitting with this pile of paper works for almost three weeks now. His fingers tightens it's hold, almost crumpling the entire document. 

He can't take it anymore. Any more or he will literally explode!

Stream of smoke came out of the man's nose and ears. His face is flushed red from anger and irritation. He was trembling, almost as if he is on the verge of exploding. His frown brows keep getting deeper and deeper, while he gritted his teeth to endure and continue reading the documents he almost crumpled.

Thud. The man lay the documents hard on the table, creating a great disturbance on the surface, almost making the mountains of paper fall off there place. 

Suppressing his irritation, he pick up the pen and write his signature on the documents. Just as he was about to let go of the pen, the man heard a knock.

Knock. Knock. Knock. 

Without hearing any reply, the door opened. A tall elegant man enter carrying massive amounts of paper works once again.

Seeing that, the man can't help it and broke the pen in his hand. He then, threw the broken pen in front, hitting the mountains of paper making it fall off and fly scattering into the ground. But the newcomer didn't seems intimidated and afraid from the man's action. Instead, he chuckled, revealing a mischievous glint in his eyes. 

"Don't scrowl with that face, Mr. Valentine. You know, your son could carry that face much better than you. He looks so elegant and beautiful, no matter how angle you look at him. But you...tsk, tsk, tsk, you looked like someone who got their money stolen without your knowledge." 

Yup, this man that looks like Kevin, is Alfred, the one and only. Except that Alfred looks more masculine and gentlemanly than Kevin who's looks carries feminine elegance.

Alfred glared at the man, wanting to refute but can't say anything because of his anger. However the other didn't gave him face at all. He just proceed walking towards the table and put down what's his carrying. This nonchalant attitude really pissed Alfred off, especially he is not really in the mood to joke around with this man at all!

"Shut up!" The man heard Alfred shouted angrily and can't help but quickly place his hands in his ears to plug the loud noise out. "Oh gosh. I'm not deaf, you don't need to shout.  Can't you chill out?"

The man's words didn't do anything good and just made Alfred more and more angry. And this really astonished the man, that he could imagine smoke coming out of his head, like a steam train wanting to set off. 

'This guy is really angry this time. Well, it can't be help. After all, he still can't find his great son.'

Speaking of, Alfred asked the man after he finally calmed down. "Where is he?" But his hoarse and forced voice tell that he was not calm at all.

'He', of course the two were talking about Kevin. 

"They still can't find him. His traces after he left the hospital were specially erased and concealed, so–"

BAM! Alfred exploded. He hit his hands on the table as he stood up. His face is now literally red and his eyes were blood shot. 

"Useless!!! How can you be so useless! Simon!! You only need to find one person and you can't even do that?!!!"

Simon, the one who have a nonchalant and carefree attitude while facing the venting angry Alfred, could only sigh.

What could he do? He is just a secretary. Ah, finding a missing person is not written in his job description, for crying out loud. 

More so, 'your not even my boss'. Simon could only roll his eyes, ignoring the annoying man's angry shouting. 

Is his boss even missing? Or his just hiding. 

Actually, he is more or less waiting to be fired. That's why he didn't care. Not that he doesn't have any capabilities on finding where his boss is right now. Simon just didn't want to, that all. And he was actually dragging off their investigation. 

Though, he really wanted to watch this man be buried with mountains of work, that no humans can do in just a day or two. Except for his omnipotent boss, that is. Well, anyway, it's getting boring now. And he especially can't live, waking up just to hearing this terrible man's loud shouting everyday. 

So, instead of finding the boss, he better off planing his resignation.

"How dare you! Are you listening to me?!!" Alfred found out that this measly secretary was actually not paying attention to him! This really poke a spot that really shouldn't be touch.

Then, when he saw and heard the secretary really didn't regard him as anything and just replied the same nonchalant words with attitude that didn't respect a superior. More so, he didn't even used humble words and he even dare to smile and laugh at him!!!

"Your looking for death!!"

...

...

...

6