Chapter 22 : Third Day’s Appointment (1)
86 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Him?"

"Yes, dad." 

Adrianne sneakily peaked at his father's reaction. Can't help it, even he was shocked when his older brother revealed this information to him. 

Who would have known...

"His still alive?" 

Robert's voice was calm, as if he was not least bit affected by this shocking information. But his heart completely betrayed him. When he heard his son speak of that man's name. He already knew what he wanted to do. 

"Mn. I don't know how elder brother knew or where'd he get the information. But I think it's worth the shot, dad." He doesn't have any concrete evidence to support this claims, but he trusted his brother's words. If his older brother said this man is still alive then, he is still alive. However, his father is not the same. Adrianne did not know how to convince his father. He didn't have time to investigate, since he run to his father after he and his older brother talked about this because of his impulsive excitement.

"Older brother said that he is currently working under one of Midnights small company here in Canada, as an ordinary office worker." 

"Oh." Robert Hamilton filled his cup of tea once more and brought the refilled cup into his mouth. He slowly sip as his nose comfortably inhale the tea aroma and said: "Midnight? If that man is really alive then he really did a great job finding a place to hide."

Midnight is one of the top high class family in North America. If Valentine is known in financial and banking, Midnight is known for everything. They own hundreds of company around the world and held several billions of dollars investment within several known companies around the world. And the Midnight's family head is the number one top wealthiest man on Earth and his wealth is still yet to be counted and totalled.

Anyone is afraid to offend this big shot family. Even the US government and British Royal family held this Family in high regards, what's more if it's just a meager high class family that didn't even have one tenth of this big shot family's wealth.

Only the Griffith Family could held an equal stance against Midnights. 

Griffith is known to held the second spot after the Midnights in the top wealthiest list on Earth. It's just that, unlike the likeable family of Midnights, Griffith is famous for having many scandals. It was said that almost all members of that family is either crazy or psychopaths who insanely love money that they could kill they family members for it. 

Unfortunately, because Griffith is deeply rooted in the grounds. No one dare to clash that family head on. And Midnight, a family that love and enjoy their peaceful life, refuse association of this kind of family. Griffiths also dare not entangled themselves to Midnights, afraid of awakening the sleeping behemoth. After all, though Midnights is currently silent, they are not called number one for nothing. 

Knowing what kind of family is Midnights, Adrianne just nodded in agreement at his father's comment. Midnights is very protective of the people under them. Even if it's just a mere office worker, people are afraid of offending them. 

Looking at his father again, Adrianne saw he is currently contemplating something. 

"... Midnight, huh." Hearing him mumbled, Adrianne can't help but be curious of his father's thoughts. "Yeah? What's up?"

Hearing his son, Robert put the tea cup down and stared at his son, observing. 

"Don't look at me like that. I could feel goosebumps creepily in my skin." Adrianne embraced his shoulders, rubbing them. The way his dad looked at him, really have him creeps. Like he was assessing him or something.

"Useless son." Shaking his head, Robert pick up his cup again and continue sipping his tea little by little. Ignoring his son who is glaring at him.

"What the hell." Did his dad just said that? Useless, who? Him? No way! Thinking this way, Adrianne can't help but cursed his father several times in his mind. He didn't know why, the conversation just turned into something like that. Their talking about business, for crying out loud. More so, their talking about Midnights! Then his idiot dad just said he was useless!! 

Feeling wronged, Adrianne glared at his father accusingly. But then again, they were talking about Midnights. After awhile of silence, Adrianne finally figured out why his dad suddenly threw a tantrums.

"Let me guess. It's about that family's autistic child."

"Not autistic but a genius. They are planning on sending that very child to Cambridge this coming school year"

Oh. He did guess right. Midnights main family only have one child, and he was very famous, known to have autism. That child is very quiet and doesn't talk. But lately, because of timely treatments, the child already improved by leeps and bounds.

"Really that good? Then how is he? Is he more intelligent than my older brother. If I'm not mistaken his only just turned six."

"Well, I don't know. But the Midnight couple planned a huge banquet for their son and invited almost all prominent family in North America." Robert reply perpetually. He then, looked at his son with eyes full of criticisms, as of saying 'why can't you be like that?'.

Guessing the thoughts of his father, Adrianne immediately speak out his defenses: "Hell, dad! Do you want me to die?! Maintaining my grade within the scope of top ten is already within my limit!!"

Seizing up his words, Adrianne felt sympathy towards that young master. His only six but his parents readily threw him towards that Academy full of nerds. If it was him, he will run away! He hated studying. He wanted to play, he is still young. He wanted to enjoy his youth, since he is bound to inherit his father's name in the end.

Clicking his tongue in annoyance, Robert turned the topic back and finally got serious. He knew his son very well...Shaking his head, Robert reached out his hand with the intention of agreeing to his son's proposal. 

He will help him.

"I will help you." Adrianne happily and excitedly held his father's hand and shake them vigorously. 

"But I'm busy. This is your opportunity, don't slip, my son."

...

...

...

That's what happen two days ago. Anyways, Adrianne anxiously fiddling the ring in his finger after he read the file containing that man's current circumstances. He lifted his head and glanced at the empty stairs and turned to looked towards the direction of his older brother's room. 

Thinking about what his older brother once said to him that day, Adrianne can't help but looked down at the papers in his hand again.

Frederick Weissman.

The man that was once known as Lowell Valentine. 

["He survived my father's assassination attempt and is currently hiding under Midnights."]

["You have never met him before, but he will be a great help to you. He is full of hatred now. He didn't have any ambition before and just wanted to help Valentine family and his brother... He is just waiting for now."]

["Don't lose this opportunity. You can use him."]

That's the longest words his older brother had said after he woke up from his coma. Adrianne nervously recalled every words his older brother has said. Then looking back at the papers that have their supposed to be dead uncle's information. Adrianne still can't help but become absentminded. 

He knew his father was diverting the topic when he mention the famous child from Midnight. Adrianne knew that his father was thinking something very deep while they were talking, but he didn't know what it was. But now...

Adrianne eyes unconsciously moved and instinctively read the information again. After reading it several times, Adrianne couldn't help but cursed multiple times. 

"...dad and older brother is so sly..." 

Lifting his twitching lips into a smile, Adrianne really don't understand what those two people were thinking. 

Lowell, Beatrice, and Robert. Those three were fucking childhood friends!

What the hell!

How come he didn't know about it, but his older brother knew?!

Its looks like there's some shitty conspiracy here. But why can't they just straight up and told him about it?!

Being secretive and mysterious. It's not fucking funny!

5