Chapter 03 – Reuniting
211 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a brief moment, I felt something that felt like wind, but not exactly. When I peeked what happened with my eye, I saw the dungeon, without a sword, and grinning.
In my confusion, I opened both my eyes and said,

“Uh... Wait what? Did you kill me already or what?”

“Yup, [I] did! And to no one’s surprise, you passed [my] test!”

By this point I was only growing more confused, by this rather unexpected development and by that dungeon that didn’t have any aura of dignity at all anymore, and I could only blink like a rabbit surprised by the light (AN: ...is that a correct expression?).

“Hey, [I] never said it wouldn’t be you that would make them survive did [I]?”

The dungeon was seemingly growing only more amused as my confusion grew. Then what he just said started to make my brain function again... Hold on, what? It should be the heart, right? The brain’s that useless organ that just releases the heat the heart generates by thinking, no?1I read once that’s what Egyptians thought a long time ago. After all the brain doesn’t do anything visible except heat up like a giant radiator whereas if the heart stops the effects are pretty fast and you die.

“Oh yeah, by the way [I] already started to transfer some of my knowledge, so now you know better that your companions! Your era is seriously underdeveloped in scientific knowledge, even though there is magic that’s supposedly capable of helping with scientific research... [I] guess it is just too early for that.”

Huh... ...So as I was saying, what he said started to reboot my brain, and I slowly realized,

“... So, that means I survive and help them myself? But I’m unable to help them from the beginning, why would it be different now? ...And also, knowledge transfer?”

“Well, in order, yup, because now [I] will also help you and yup!”

I stared in disbelief at that duplicate of me that by now had a grin so big it was making a circle on his face.

“Oh, and also, I’ll remove what happened here at least for now from your memories and make you lose consciousness so your friends can pick you up! So goodbye now!”

“Huh? Goodbye? But...”

At that point I suddenly felt bad and lost consciousness.


Back to where we left off
POV: 3rd person
As the group turned in the corridor, they paused as they stared with disbelief in their eyes at the unconscious body of the one they though would die without a corpse to bury, Finn.

“Well dang, color me surprised!”
“Wait, is he unconscious‽”
“No first, is it really Finn or is it a mimic‽”

They all cried out, resulting in a jumbled mess of sound, while rushing to him. After noticing that indeed, he was unconscious but still alive, they all sighed in relief as another fear took them, the one that he just reappeared alive so they would feel relieved, but then die on them for the pleasure of this cruel, sadistic dungeon. But their fear soon found itself unjustified as Finn woke up slowly with a groan, holding his head.

“Hey Finn, are you alright? What’s my name?”

“Urgh... No I’m not, do I look like I’m alright? And why would you ask me such a question Tris?”

“Good!” he said while sighing in relief.

“Uhh... By the way where are we? Weren’t we supposed to go conquer Anthesis?”

“Huh? What’s that?” They blinked at him in confusion.

“That’s the name of the dungeo[n we are in]... Wait how do I know that‽”

“... First what’s your last memory before waking up here?”

“Uhm... We were about to enter the dungeon... I think?” He said while looking a bit unsure.

“And you don’t remember anything about the dungeon inside?”

“Uhhh... Nope...?” He made a look of intense reflection.

“... What’s the password?” asked Tris.

“? Which password?” Finn was not the only one confused as he tilted his head, as Daler looked at him blinking his eyes.

“The one we set in case we suspect one of us has been replaced.” He precised, making Daler refocus on Finn.

“We didn’t set one though? And if something were to replace one of us with so much detail as we would need one, then he would also have the knowledge of it... Though I guess throwing off something like that could potentially reveal him huh?”

“Well yeah... Though you can’t really blame us after doing that and disappearing.”
“You scared us you know‽”

“Well, I’m sorry I guess? Though if what I’m thinking is correct I won’t do it again. ...Say, we are in that dungeon and we came across the door right?”

“No, YOU came across it! And for how long were you planning on this‽ Don’t you know that’s too selfish of you‽”

“Well, I said I’m sorry... Rather than that what will we do now? We confirmed this is the ‘killer dungeon’ [though [he] will not kill anyone using that door anymore].”

“... Finn, is your heart alright and can you repeat what you just said?”

“Uh? Well my head’s feeling better and uh... I said that I’m sorry and I asked what to do now?”

“No not that, after! ...also what do you mean head, I asked about your heart?”

“... I said nothing though? And for the head part... I forgot? ...There’s definitely something suspicious with me isn’t there...”

“Yup... So you don’t remember a thing of what happened after you slammed that door?”

“Also I think we’ll need to report that to the guild, obviously! And at the same time we check Finn up!” Suddenly, Daler interrupted the ongoing interrogation of Finn by Tris.

“Yeah, let’s do that. ...Though Daler, are you sure you should say out loud ‘Hey we’re also going to see if Finn is really Finn or a fake!’?” Fin asked, imitating Daler’s energetic voice at the end.

“It’s fiiine! Worst case scenario you flee into the nature and we lose track of you letting kill the entire humanity! Right?” She said while sticking her tongue out.

And with that, it was decided to go back to the guild and also check up on Finn’s health and identity.

1050 words! :p (Yes I just added 2 words.)

Also, sorry for the one who voted, no one died... And they won't for a long time.

5