1: Birthday
1.5k 38 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Content Warning: Homophobia, Strong language]

It's July 30th.

That means it's two weeks before I go back to University for my 3rd year. Well, not really, because I'm transferring to a different University this year.

But what today also is, is my 19th birthday. Which isn't that great to be honest... this whole growing up thing? Not a fan.

I've skipped a year in school so I'm younger than my peers at University, but that also means that my parents expectations of me are overwhelming. Especially because my sister Rebecca got disowned. Yeah, she got disowned, for being lesbian, which is one of the dumbest reasons I've ever heard.

I know that my parents seem homophobic, but that's because they are. My parents are pretty much fanatical in their belief of religion, every week they pray to god for hours on end, so probably that's why they are so homophobic...but who knows? Maybe they were just born this way...

So because my sister Rebecca got disowned, now my parents have shoved all their expectations on their 'genius daughter'.

But I'm also lesbian, I just haven't come out to them.

So yeah, that's a problem, a big ass problem. I've considered coming out to them before, but have pushed it off for various reasons, like I don't want to disappoint my parents, won't be able to find a home if disowned, or some other stupid reason I made up.

Luckily, I've been staying in contact with Rebecca behind my parents back, asking her for advice and just chatting.

Why do i still talk to Rebecca? Because I need someone to talk to who actually knows how bad Dad and Mom are, not the stupid facade they put on outside the house, and also she's the best sister ever. Adding on to that, I need all the advice I can get, as the advice my parents give is practically as discriminatory and useless as it gets.

So, in collaboration with my sister, (which totally sounds like a line from a promotional advertisement), I concocted a plan to come out to my parents.

The crux of the plan is that no matter how bad it goes, I can just run away to Rebecca's newly bought house if needed, and never come back.

---------------

Hearing footsteps running up the stairs into my room, I quickly exited the text chat with my sister before shoving my phone into a drawer, beginning to run my hands through my long brown hair while waiting for the inevitab-

"HELLOOOO, SWEETIE~!" My mom shouted with a wide smile, bursting into the room while holding a dress that could probably pass for a bathing suit.

"Happy Birthday Lilith!" My mom exclaims while handing me the dress, "Try it on and come downstairs to show me okay?"

Leaning in close to my face, she whispers in her disgusting cutesy voice, "Aaaand, when will you be getting a boyfriend~? You're already 19, you'll soon be to old to get anyone~!"

Pushing her away I reply with a forced smile, "Sure I'll get changed right away and come downstairs," completely ignoring her last comment.

But also, wouldn't you say my mom is delicate with these things! I could barely tell that she wanted me to get a boyfriend!

This just makes it harder to come out...

Changing into the 'dress' as if I was imitating a sloth, I walked downstairs only to run into my wall of muscle dad blocking the entrance into the living room.

"Hey dad, can you move to the side so I can go show Mom the 'dress' she gave me?" I asked with a curt tone.

Moving to the side without a word, Dad turned to go back to his office to get some more work done.

And by office, it's just a computer on a desk... not like a separate room in the house where you can get work done outside of the workplace...

Seeing both parents were out sight, I pulled my phone out, shooting a quick text to my sister, "I'm gonna go through with it. I'll contact you if things go South."

Getting a quick reply I continued moving at a snail's pace towards where my mom would be sitting, waiting for me to make an appearance.

Walking into the room, mom rushed over to inspect every inch of me like an inspector checking if a restaurant is up to code.

"Hmm, yes, that's good... nope, that part doesn't look good... yes that fits perfectly!" Making several circles around me, mom rambled to herself about the dress.

"It seems almost perfect Lilith! Just take it off and give it back to me so I can do some final adjustments to it okay?" She asked, scrutinizing the dress once more.

Oh... did I forget to mention, yeah, Mom makes these dresses for me every year...

"Mom? Can I actually give you the dress later? I have something I need to tell you about." I asked, motioning for her to take a seat on the couch.

Smiling while making herself comfortable on the couch, she leaned in and whispered, "Is it about a boyfriend~? Did you secretly get a boyfriend without telling mom~? It's okay I forgive you, I understand how it can be difficult to tell your parents about a boyfriend!"

Shushing her, I responded, "No it's not that I have a boyfriend okay! Just slow down for a second!"

Pausing for a bit, I continued, "So what I wanted to tell you is that... that I'm actually lesbian like Rebecca..." my voice cracking near the end.

Well crap.

Seeing my Mom's distraught and horrified expression I knew immediately that this did not go over well at all. And, and that sucks... because no matter how bad my Mom is, I still love her to a certain extent...

Tearing up, Mom cried, "Wh-what did I-I do wrong? How did I raise t-two... f-failures of children? What did I do to deserve this...?"

Each word piercing deeper than the last, I knew that I had to get out of here. Seeing that Mom was going down a negative spiral, it was only a matter of time before Dad found out, and if Mom was like this, how bad would it go over with him?

Patting Mom on the back a few times, I bolted without a shred of hesitation out of there, getting ready to leave the house for the last time.

Taking the steps two at a time, I closed my door behind as fast as I humanly could, putting my chair in front of it because god knows why my door doesn't have a lock.

Well it's probably Dad...

Walking over to my bed, I heard a roaring yell rip through the house, "SHE'S WHAT?! WE'LL SEE IF SHE'S STILL LESBIAN AFTER I GET TO HER!"

Running my hands through my hair, I began to hyperventilate, "What do I do? What do I do? Think Lilith think! We had a plan, just got to text Rebecca!"

Pulling my emergency bag out from below my bed, I quickly shot a text to my sister, "Went very bad, help needed!"

Zipping through the various settings on my phone, I blocked both Dad and Mom's phone numbers. Fingers flying across the screen, I navigated to an area of the settings I definitely shouldn't be poking around, the tracking area. Logging in with the stolen password, I removed myself from the tracking system and blocked my number from every being re-entered into the system.

Throwing my phone into my bag, I checked the contents one final time, "University materials? Check. Change of clothes? Check. Underwear? Check. Some money, check. Favorite stuffed animal? Check. Okay I should be good, time to get out of here."

Hey~! A new book!
Thanks for reading!
Sorry if this isn't realistic enough for you....
I have the first 5 chapters written... after that... who knows, I feel dead on my feet right now... so expect kinda random updates?

58