5: The Game
1.3k 16 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting back down on the couch, Rebecca mentioned, "By the way, the beta starts in 3 hours, at noon so we'll all jump in then~ but before then, I'll tell you a bit about the game okay?"

Nodding, I silently thanked Victoria as she handed me some easy to swallow food.

Eating my food, I wrote, "So can you give me some info about the game?"

Looking at me with a teasing expression, Rebecca cut off Victoria who was about to answer, "What a cutie pie~ you look like a small animal when eating~"

Glaring at Rebecca with a ticked-off expression, I was greeted with some pats to the head... C'mon! Stop patting me because I'm shorter than you!

Chuckling, Victoria started explaining, "So... for now you don't need to know too much... Let's start with the rules of the game, character creator, and some other small logistical things. For rules:

1. No hacking, including in-game modifications or trying to take over someone else's Virtual Reality Headset

2. No torture of other players

3. No r*pe of any kind

Any infractions of the 3 rules above will result in an immediate and permanent ban from the game. Also, don't even try to re-enter with a different account, because when first logging onto the game, somehow, the company employs something that allows them to know..."

That's nice to know though~ seems like it'll be pretty safe in the game you know? Well, those rules don't really impact me... I'm not planning on doing anything sketchy~

Gesturing for Victoria to continue, I swatted away an encroaching hand from Sis before hugging strawberry.

Stifling her laughter, Victoria continued her explanation, "The character creator is simple enough, first you choose your gender, it has male, female, and everything in between. Then you choose your race and based on your race, you'll start in one of two factions.

Faction one, the swarm, the races are:

Demons,

Devils,

Vampires,

and the Feline beast-kin made up of, tigers, cats, and leopards

And for the second faction, the coalition, the races are:

Humans,

Elves,

Dwarves,

and the Canine beast-kin, made up of, foxes, dogs, and wolves

So you first choose your gender, then your race, and then your features, easy enough?"

Nodding like a young school-kid, I sent a trademark super-duper patented beaming innocent smile towards Victoria.

Watching her get stunned, I cheered~

You're super awesome Lilith~ another victim to your super awesome beaming smile~ I think you even hit Rebecca too! *blows a kiss to self*

Squeezing strawberry, I listened as Victoria continued, "A-ahem... well there are cases though~ where the system will say you're eligible for a sub-race... I don't know why they happen, only the upper-echelons really know, and they're shrouded in mystery... For example, it happened to both me and Rebecca... in my case it prompted,

[User eligible for sub-race: Human -> High Human]

So I took it, it gives a slight advantage when leveling up, but the gap can be bridged pretty easily with equipment and technique~

Though in your sister's case, she goes from elf to wood elf, which looked in the colors of her appearance, so that might happen to you too if you choose a sub-race."

Jumping in, Rebecca exclaimed, "And I'll do the classes! There are a lot, so sit tight okay~?"

Nodding in exasperation, I got comfortable as Rebecca explained, "Classes work a bit weirdly okay? So in the character creator, you get to choose your starting classes from:

Archer

Soldier

Mage

Healer

Rogue

Warrior

Crafter

From the list you choose a class, you'll be teleported into the starting area. Once you're in the starting area, you do the tutorial stuff, and then you'll be free! Do what you want, level up, do quests, blah blah, classic game stuff.

However, some rare quests allow you to "mutate" your class or turn your class a bit more specialized, so be on the lookout for those quests~!"

Well that's pretty simple, isn't it...

Writing on my board, I asked, "Does player skill help at all? For the combat classes?"

Giggling, Rebecca nudged me before replying with another question, "You're asking for the archer class aren't you~ what a cheeky person~"

"Player skill definitely helps for all the classes, especially the combat ones," Victoria answered, raising her eyebrow, "Why do you ask?"

Swatting Rebecca as she continued trying to stifle her giggles, I wrote, "Because I'm a national level archer~ I've won the national archery competition 4 years in a row before I started university..."

"That's amazing!" Victoria exclaimed, leaning over to pat me on the head, "Why did you stop though?"

Swatting her away, I wrote, "Because I'm lazy~ and it got kinda boring~"

Bursting out into laughter, Rebecca turned to Victoria explaining, "She was too good you know! She beat them all so easily! She could have been on the Olympic team if she wanted!"

Sis... I know what you're saying is true... but like... I don't want it all to be immediately revealed...

Writing a better explanation to my board, I raised it up for Victoria to see, "During my senior year in high school, I was turning 17, but I didn't want to participate in the Olympics during high school, so I declined. However, once I graduated high school, recruiters kept bothering me, so I just left the archery scene~"

"Hot damn..." Victoria whistled, "Why didn't you take the offer once you graduated high school though?"

Stopping my hand from writing Rebecca explained, "Her reasoning was that she couldn't live like an Olympic athlete..."

"I guess..." Victoria agreed, "You wanted to go to University, which is pretty hard as an Olympic athlete..."

*Clap clap*

"C'mon, let's talk about game stuff~!" Rebecca exclaimed, "We'll hop in soon okay? It's almost time~!"

I wonder if I'll be able to talk in-game... I should probably ask about that, shouldn't I...

Writing ti-

"Oh yeah Lilith, you'll be able to talk normally in game~" Rebecca interrupted, "I can tell what you're thinking after all~!"

Bully...

How much longer though... until we can hop in...

------

What up guys, gals, and other gendered pals~! It's me again!

I've just hopped in~ I felt like time passed so slowly~ But now for the character creator!! Yay~!

So... what do we have here... some sliders a lot of things to pick...

Ok... [Gender: Female]

Race... leaning towards the fox-kin... the fluff!! Ok...

[Race: Fox-kin]

[User eligible for sub-race: Fox-kin -> Arctic Fox-kin]

Ohhhh... amazing! I got one~! Judging from the name though... it seems like the colors will be locked...

Eh, who cares! I'm gonna take it!

[Confirmed]

Wao... I didn't even say anything...

Oki~ time to see what I look like~

I look normal I guess... just like myself, with white hair... fox ears and tail~ I bet I'm like, every weeb's dream right now~ hehe~

So now I choose my class? Easy enough, I'll go with archer~ can't go wrong with that~

[Confirm Character?]

Yes~!

Ohhh... the screen fades to black, damn this is some high-quality stuff right here!

"Ahh, ahh, I can talk again! Where's Rebecca and Victoria..."

Looks like a spawn with just some clothes, and a basic ass bow...

It's beautiful though... the air is so fresh, it's bright! I can't even feel the pain anymore...

Hm? Who's that yelling my name...

"LILITHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Rebecca shouted, running towards me...

It's Rebecca! She's even with Victoria!

"REBECCAAAAAAAAA!!!!" I shouted in reply, running towards them, "I can talk again!!"

Leaping into Rebecca's arms I cried, "I can't feel the pain anymore!"

"There there Lilith..." Rebecca cooed, "We'll make sure you're okay~ so let me and Victoria teach you how to play right now..."

"En" I cheered, "I'm excited!"

Thanks for reading~!
I'll probably release a few chaps of my other novel soon... I gotta catch up to someone after all...

59