6: Learning To Play
1.2k 10 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[AN: I'm kinda trying something new... because I suck ass at writing 1st person...

So! If there's a line where there's just "" and no one is saying it... it was Lilith...]

Separating from Rebecca I asked, "So what do we do first... Rebecca? Do I call you that or your username..."

And when do I even get to choose my username...

"You can call me Rebecca~ I don't mind~!" Rebecca answered, before leaning in and poking me on the nose, "You get to choose your username later, so follow us okay? We'll get you started on your tutorial quest~"

Dammit... how does she do her stupid mind-reading thin-

"It shows on your face Lilith~" Rebecca teased whispering into my ear, "You're so cu-ACK"

"Calm down will you?" Victoria asked with a strained smile, "We're here to help get her started, not creep her the f*ck out..."

Yes! Go Victoria go! Control Rebecca while I get to look around...

Hm... This massive square in what I assume is the center of town is really well built... To be honest, it feels more like a small park than a square, to be honest. It has trees, some benches, ample room for tons of people to walk around, and most importantly, people walking around!

"So what would happen if I just spawned and you weren't there to help me get started with the tutorial? Would I just be screwed over?"

Ruffling my now snow-white hair, Victoria explained, "Nah, one of the NPCs walking around would have been your 'tour guide'~ so don't worry about that okay?"

"Also~ don't use NPC okay Lilith~?" Rebecca added, getting blocked by Victoria while trying to get closer to me, "This world is practically just like our world~ so all the inhabitants are pretty much people~"

"Cool, cool~ nice to know~ I'll keep that in mind Rebecca~!"

Following Victoria out of the square like the obedient little duckling I am, I asked, "So... first of all... where are we going? Second of all... what level are you two at?"

I wonder why... in the games 'example gameplay' you could see the names and level of other players... I can only see the names of people for some reason...

Giggling, Rebecca answered, "Well... because you haven't seen the seer yet, you can't see the levels of other players, and we're level 15 by the way! Now for the second question... well actually I'm answering these in reverse order... so... first question-answer! We're going to the Seer right now, she's an old wrinkled elf lady who's gonna find some stuff about you and kick start the tutorial quest for you."

"Thank you~"

So... old wrinkled elf lady... okay? Let's see... where am I going to find the quest area... aha! The menu just popped up! Amazing!

Hm... so I think of the menu and it pulls up... let's see what's in here... okay, so I pull up the menu and the first page it's on is... general? Who named it that? Sounds kinda dumb... so what's in here... Okay, so it shows my progress until my next level up and my 'stats'... nice to see that I'm level 0~

So this menu has tabs along the top, they are... General, Skills, Inventory, Map, Friends... and Leaderboards! Let's check them out one by one...

General has level progress, my stats, my free skill points... very normal.

Skills show my skill tree... also pretty standard.

Inventory... how does this work... well it's here... I'll figure it out later I guess...

The map is just blank... I guess I have to fill it in as I go right? Maybe I can buy a map and kinda do that implant thing some games have...

Friends, oh this looks fancy~ it says I need a username to send/receive friend requests though... so that will have to wait.

Now the last one~ Leaderboards! Huh... Leaderboard not up? Hm... oh because the game hasn't officially started...

Okay, let me dismiss this menu...

So what else... I think we're going to that building over there? The one that says... 'SEER' has a crystal ball under it...

"We're here~!" Rebecca exclaimed, doing a little dance to try and to touch my tail.

Did I not mention that? I have a tail and ears now... it feels a little weird, but also natural... I also instinctually know that I probably don't want Rebecca to touch it... she has a strange obsession with petting furry things after all...

Hehe, it's soft though... I was petting it earlier... it's softer than I could have ever imagined~! Hehehe...

"Stop it, Rebecca! I don't want you trying to pet me..."

Pouting, Rebecca relented, muttering, "Fine... only because it was my cute little sister though..."

"Thank you Rebec- Ahhhnnnn~ V-Victoria s-s-stop!"

"Fine... only because it was my girlfriend's cute little sister though..." Victoria murmured a teasing grin plastered onto her face, "Rebecca~ it was unimaginably soft! Sucks to be you though~ you didn't get to pet it~"

Putting on a dramatic act, Rebecca begged, "Oh little sister~ don't you care about me? Your dearest older sister? How about letting her pet those fluffy ears and tail of yours? I promise I'll be gentle~!"

"No."

"Dammit!" Rebecca muttered, stopping her act, "Fine... I'll get it eventually though Lilith!"

"You can try..." I replied curling my tail in between my legs, "I won't let you though..."

"You never know~!" Rebecca teased before motioning towards the door, "Let's meet the Seer~!"

Walking in through the door behind me, Victoria murmured, "This place is so pretty... it amazes me every time..."

Yeah, this place is amazing... Walking in through the door, you're greeted by a cozy, but also stunning view. Throughout the spacious room, there are motes of light, floating around creating an atmosphere of brilliance. Furthermore, a gentle whirlpool of what I can only assume is magic rotates above a beautiful elven lady, sitting on a couch reading a book with a crystal ball sitting in front of her.

"Hello~! Another one to be tested? Come, come! Sit down here! I won't bite!" She teased, waving me over to her couch area, "Rebecca, Victoria... please stay over there~!"

"Dammit Lorraine!" Rebecca retorted, "Don't be so cold to us..."

"During work I will be formal, keeping it separate from my personal life," Lorraine replied, "So please standoff to the side while I conduct my business with my client."

Slinking off towards the couches off to the side, Rebecca murmured, "So cold... what an ice queen~! Ahh ~~"

Pulling Rebecca away, Victoria sighed, "I'll take care of her... don't worry about it, Lilith..."

Uh... uhhhhhhh... I don't want to be just standing here... b-but I also don't want to be with... Lorraine? She seems kinda scary... but I-I also c-can't go to Rebecca because that would b-be disrespectful... What d-do I do...

"Don't be shy little one~" A voice whispered into my ear from right behind me, "I won't bite~"

"WAHHHHHH"

HOLY SH*T that scared me...

"Lorraine... u-um... ummmmm, c-could you... not do that...?"

"Okay~" Lorraine agreed, "C'mon though~ take a seat over here in my little area~"

"O-Okay..."

Damn, how did she sneak up on me? I guess I just zoned out while thinking I guess...

"Um... so... who are you?"

Giggling, Lorraine explained, "I'm actually a player you know? I'm the guild master of Prophet, the guild made by alpha testers~ I'm working here temporarily because of a hidden quest I got that's going to change my class to Seer."

"Then why does Rebecca keep bad-mouthing you..."

Snorting, Lorraine answered, "Well... at first when I started working here, those two would always drop by, but I kept ignoring them while on the job, so now Rebecca always bad-mouths me while I'm on the job... What did she say about me this time?"

"Uhh... she said that you were an old wrinkled elf lady... so I was surprised when I saw a youthful blonde elf sitting here..."

"She said what now... Oh Rebecca you're in for hell~ I'll double the amount of paperwork you'll have to do... hehehe~" Lorraine muttered before clapping her hands, "Anyway, just put your hand on this crystal ball and I'll start the process~!"

Wow... Lorraine is merciless... add Lilith add her to the list of people to not piss off...

"O-Okay... just on here right?"

Setting my hand onto the crystal ball, the magic swirling above the ball began to twist, eventually slowing to reveal a magnificent image...

Thanks for reading~!
Sorry about the cliff... I really wanted to get this chapter out...
My writing speed is sh*t as always... please bear with me...
See you~ I'll try and make sure the next release is within 1 week from now~!
Also sorry if the grammar is a bad... I'm really tired so I probably missed some stuff...

52