7: Tutorial~!
1k 10 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Staring up in wonder, I asked, “Do you know what this all means…?”

Because I sure as hell can’t… it’s just a f*cking field of stars. Well… actually it’s not too hard… It looks like a star field but there are a few obvious things, like the massive bow and fox…

Staring at the constellations formed, Lorraine began casting a spell while reporting, “Tester’s species is… Arctic Fox. Tester’s class is… archer. Tester’s name is…”

Huh? Lorraine’s sliding over a piece of paper? ‘This is where you state your username~! :p’ Uhhh...okay… 

“ArcticMoon”

“Tester’s name is… ArcticMoon…” Lorraine reported with a nod of acknowledgement, “Do the gods approve?”

Hm? The gods need to approve? I’ll ask Rebecca about it later…

But this god’s approval thing is cool… The magic is spinning while the stars realign… 

Watching a small piece of magic separate from the whirlpool, I tried to dodge as it flew towards me but I felt two hands gripping my shoulders and a voice whisper, “Lilith~ stand still okay~? It won’t do anything harmful~”

“Why do you keep doing that Lorraine?!?!”

“Just let it hit you m’kay~?” Lorraine whispered, blowing into my ear afterwards and walking off.

“Ah~ w-wait don’t do that Lorraine!” 

Yelling from the side, a voice raged, “Don’t be so flirty around my little sister Lorraine!!!”

“It’s okay~ I’m flirty around everyone after all~!” Lorraine assured with a teasing smile, “Don’t be such a prude Rebecca~!”

Huh… I’ll just let them argue… so what did that magic thing do once it entered my chest… 

I can see people’s levels now… coolio… and I have a new quest!

[Quest:

Get your starter weapons!

Go to the crafter’s guild to pick up your starter weapons!]

Oh… I have another quest too!

[Quest:

Align yourself with a god!

There are a plethora of gods out there! Go to a god’s temple and align yourself with them for added benefits!]

That’s cool… there aren’t any bad parts to doing this I think… I read in the official guide that it’s just like… a second family you can be in, after your guild…

“Ah, you finally got your quests?” Rebecca asked, walking over and draping her arm over my shoulder, “Which one do you wanna do first~?”

“I don’t really care to be honest…” moving closer to Rebecca, “Oh yeah… I still have some questions… can I ask them while we walk towards the place with the weapons?”

“Sure~!” Rebecca exclaimed with a cheerful smile, “You seem to want to ask for something else as well though~! What is it~?”

“Um… I-I… w-want a piggy b-back ride… like how i-it was back in the d-day…”

Enveloping me in a hug, Rebecca cooed, “Awww~ So cute~ Victoria ca-” 

“Already took a picture Rebecca…” Victoria sighed, “Why… you know what, don’t answer that… I’ve given up already…”

Giggling, Rebecca replied, “You’ll understand soon~! Lilith radiates some sort of aura… it makes everyone want to dote on her… so I'm just waiting for the day you also join me on my escapades~!”

“Sureeee…” Victoria replied with a skeptical expression, “Well let’s go! Onwards~!”

“Get on~!” Rebecca exclaimed, crouching down, “My strength stat is pretty high at level 15, I should be able to carry you~! Especially with how light you are~!”

“Wha?! Me… light? I feel scandalized… I’m at a normal weight…” I jested, climbing onto Rebecca’s back.

Snorting as she began walking, Rebecca retorted, “I know your weight… you’ve been underweight most of your life and you suck ass at eating…”

“That’s true you know… I saw how you only ate half of the thing I gave you for breakfast…” Victoria chimed in from the side, pointing us down a side alley, “Moving on though, I realized Rebecca and I should probably tell you about the esports scene… or should I say, ‘plans’... and also about spending time in this game…”

“Huh? What about it? I’ve heard a bit about the esports thing though… but what’s the special thing about the game?”

“Hah... I forgot how tightly our parents controlled the information in our home…” Rebecca lamented letting me down from her back, “Well… we’ll have to begin from the ground up Victoria~”

“We’re here~!”

“Yup let me finish telling you this real quick and we’ll get you your weapons~!” Victoria chuckled, reaching for my ears again…

No! I’ll never let anyone touch them… they’re mine! 

Sitting down on the bench outside the store, Victoria waved me over, explaining, “We’re here early, this shopkeeper is a weirdo and won’t be open for a while because he takes the longest lunch in the world…”

“So… The VR helmet is pretty interesting you could say… it actually has some start of the art technology that only the higher-ups know the details of… time dilation,” Victoria revealed, “Using whatever special mojo they have, the higher-ups and some mysterious technology teams made it so you spend 1 day in game after playing for 8 hours in real life. However, you can only play 8 hours over the course of 2 days, to ensure that players stay connected to society…”

Holy hot damn… that’s fancy…

“Do you know anything about how they track it?”

“Nope, I don’t know sh*t about how they do any of it~” Victoria explained with a laugh, “They said they might adjust it in the future, so look forward to that I guess?”

“I will~”

Rebecca’s been having fun and it’s been pretty fun for me as well so far… So I think I’ll really enjoy the game~!

“So… can we go get the weapons now? Or no… and where’s Rebec-WOAH”

Almost grabbing onto my ears with a lightning fast lunge, Rebecca sighed, “So close… I’ll get them eventually! Mark my words! Also the shop has just opened again!”

“Let’s gooo~~!” I agreed, walking into the store, “I want to get my bow!”

“Welcome to the store~! How may I help you today?” A voice called out from a counter in the back corner of the small store, “Oh~! Victoria and Rebecca, I see you’ve brought the little sister you were telling me so much about today! So it’s the beginner weapon for you young miss?”

“Yup~”

“Nice! I had a friend who was an archer and he was out of this world!” The man exclaimed, handing me a bow with a quiver full of arrows, “Here you go! Free of charge!”

“Free of charge? Are you sure you don’t need any money?”

“Yeah, don’t worry about it!” The man assured with a hearty laugh, “Us crafters make a lot of failed weapons when crafting, so we banded together to give the usable ones free of charge to the travelers!”

“O-Oh… Well… T-Thank you very m-much then!”

Giving me a wide smile, the man laughed, “As I said before, don’t worry about it! It’s a gift from us crafters to you travelers! So be off, begin your adventure!”

Closing the door, I called out one last time, “Thank you~!!”

Hahhhh… that man was… enthusiastic to say the least… at least he was nice though~! You can never complain about free equipment… 

Hmm, how good are these weapons… The bow is decent… I’ve used worse… I’ve also used much better… These arrows are a pretty good quality, they’ll definitely fly straight… they’re just lacking a bit in the piercing power… not too big of a problem, I’ll just hit the eyes or something…

“Look at that expression... I bet you think these weapons are easy to use don’t you Lilith… Of course you would…” Rebecca sighed, “When us, ‘normal folk’ got these weapons… we couldn’t do sh*t… we’re better now though…”

“It’s not that bad though Rebecca… give me 5 shots tops and after that I’ll be able to have at minimum 98% accuracy…”

“Minimum of 98%?! I give up…” Rebecca lamented clinging onto Victoria, “Victoriaaaaa comfort meeeeee…”

“There, there Rebecca… it’ll be fine~ we have the cheat existence on our side, so it’ll all turn out well…” Victoria comforted, prying Rebecca off her shoulder, “Where are you hands trying to go Rebecca~? HM?”

“Sorrryyyyyyyy…” Rebecca replied, prancing away, “Teehee, not really… I know how soft that chest is…”

Damn this is entertaining to watch… It's like a TV show…

Sighing, Victoria asked, “Can we just keep going and let Lilith align herself with a god…”

“Sure~! Let’s go~!” Rebecca exclaimed, “Towards the temples!”

Sorry it's been a while...
I've had some stuff in my personal life... and I started a rewrite of my first book... but then I got some people criticizing me and that just killed me on the inside...
It's hard being a high school girl you know...
-----
Moving on! Hope you all are doing great~! Thanks for reading~! Sorry if the chaps a bit weird... I rushed a little to get it out today just for you readers~!
Hm... what else to say... I'll try and keep updates within a week... I'm sorry if I fail though... I'm trying my best...
(and yt really sucks time away along with hw...) Lol

54