10: Party Time~!
1.1k 16 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bursting through the doorway, Rebecca yelled, “Lilith what happened?! You shouldn’t be… huh?”

Dammit… how do I explain... what do I do?! ...What do I say?! Why is this happening!? ...Why have I become a fox girl… isn’t it just a character from a game…

“I d-don’t know w-what's h-h-happening!! I-I had a w-weird dream… a-and then I-I woke up l-like t-this!! Don’t y-yell at m-me...”

“Shhhh… don’t worry Lilith, we’re not mad…” Rebecca comforted, running over and enveloping me in a hug, “Just take a few deep breaths, and calm down… I’m sorry that our panic caused you to start panicking…”

Relaxing, Victoria added, “Don’t worry Lilith, we’ll help you… Right now I’m going to go and welcome the guests, but spend as much time as you need with Rebecca, okay?”

“Mn…” I replied, clinging onto Rebecca, “Thanks for coming though, Victoria…”

Flashing a comforting smile, Victoria reassured, “No problem~ See you later okay~?” Before closing the door with a twirl.

“Huh… that was cool…” I commented, shifting to be a bit more comfortable while sitting on the bed, “S-so… I don’t r-really know what happened R-Rebecca…”

“It’s okay~ Lilith~” Rebecca assured, “Firstly how are you feeling? Any pain anywhere?”

“It feels… weird… I’m not used to having a tail… or having ears on the top of my head… There isn’t a game correction here, so it’ll take some time to get used to…”

Hugging me closer, Rebecca continued, “So what was your dream about? Or do you not want to tell me…”

“I don’t mind telling you, it wasn’t all… that weird…” 

“Sooo… pretty much... the dream was me meeting Selene, and getting adopted? After that, she said some stuff I don’t really remember, and wished me luck... oh yeah! She told me to wear the necklace she gave me...”

“Do you know where the necklace is?” Rebecca asked, looking around the room, “Oh wait, it’s right there! Next to the wrapper of that candy, you told me about... Do you want me to hand it to you?”

“Yeah that would be great, my arms aren’t that long... I can’t reach it...”

Patting my head a few times, Rebecca handed it to me, mentioning, “You should probably read the note on top first though...”

“Yeah, it’ll probably give some more information... I’ll read it out loud okay?”

[Hey Lilith~! And probably Rebecca~? I hope this finds you well <3

As you can see~ Lilith, you've woken up as a fox girl~! What a cutie eh~? You’re going to be so fluffy... I wish I was there to pet you...

Anyway, I’m just going to expose Rebecca and Victoria real quick... you don’t need to be going through the legal schmuck stuff behind Lilith’s back anymore~ I’ve gotten the parent and beating thing covered~ don’t worry~ they’ll be locked up~!

Rebecca and Victoria... it’s not good to lie to Lilith tsk tsk... she was believing that nothing was going to happen after all...

Hm... what else should I say... I can’t really go into detail about the whole parent thing... sorry about that... We do have a set of rules we need to follow as gods, after all~ and I’m bending them quite a bit to do this...

I’m sorry to say because of these rules~ you won’t be able to see your parents again... 

Oh shit! I need to talk about the necklace!! Teehee~ totally forgot about that...

Well... the necklace is enchanted with two things~

  1. You won’t lose it~ it uses some mumbo jumbo I don’t care to explain to make sure you don’t lose or break it.
  2. It hides your fox ears and tail~! It also gives an illusion that you have normal ears! Furthermore, unless it’s someone who you’ve told and trust, the illusions will be solid~! So they won’t be able to feel your tail or ears, but WILL feel the fake ears! Amazing right~? 

Though... you won’t be able to wear the necklace for a bit... sorry... it takes some time to adapt to the new world it’s in... give it about 24 hours or so...

What else... what else... 

Oh yeah! Your fox girl stuff! Although it looks like your in-game character... I’m sorry to say it doesn’t have the same attributes as your in-game character, just the current looks only...

So going over the changes, there isn’t much, but you’ll be a little faster, and just a little weaker... nothing much...

Another thing~ don’t worry about the government~ I’ve got you covered~ hehe~ they won’t “experiment” on you or anything~!

See you again sometime~ 

Selene~!]

“Damn... I got called out...” Rebecca sighed, running her hand through my tail, “Well you would’ve found out anyway after a while since you would have a part to play... we took photos and everything when you were sleeping...”

“Well... it’s okay now...” I replied, snuggling closer to Rebecca, “So what are we going to do about my ears and tail... there’s a party after all...”

“Hm... you have two choices~ either I say that you aren’t feeling too well and you camp in here, surfing the internet or something~” Rebecca listed, raising one of her fingers all dramatically, “Or~ you could just come out and you know, party~! The people here are all people we trust after all... to a ridiculous amount... you don’t know how much team bonding we went through at that company... well they’re all good people~ so it’s up to you~”

“Well... I’ll just go to the party... all the stuff, be it novels, content creators, or shows I follow online are either on hiatus for the next while, or just taking a few days off... so I’m up for a party...”

“Cool~ Well... I guess just wait a bit? I want to make them swear they won’t tell anyone first...” Rebecca explained, getting out of the bed, “So sit tight, I’ll come back for you~ though you might have a little trouble walking... with that new tail of yours~!”

“Tch... what a bully... making fun of my tail... I’ll show- nevermind, this is hard...”

So I wait... I’m just gonna admire my room...

How did they even set this all up... the lights give off soft lighting, which is what I like, the colors of the room are cheerful, but not too saturated... There are plushies everywhere, pillows, some bean bag chairs, and a desk...

“Lilith~ I’m here to pick you up~” Victoria called out, poking her head through the door, “Hold onto me so you don’t fall down...”

“Mn, sure... thanks a ton Victoria...” I replied, gripping her shoulder, “It’s really weird to walk around with this tail... oh yeah... should I change? It might not be good to show up to your party in my pajamas...”

Steadying me, Victoria assured me, “It’s fine, the party’s casual... and weird stuff happens... one time everyone decided to sit around in their underwear for some reason...”

“Uhhh... I-I w-won’t have t-to do that r-right...?”

“Hell no!” Victoria laughed, “I don’t know why I did it... probably Rebecca or something...”

Appearing from the side, Rebecca pushed us forward, exclaiming, “Welcome to the party~!! Everyone, we should introduce ourselves~ my little sis is here after all~! Try and make it funny~!”

Setting me down on the couch, Victoria raised her hand, volunteering herself. 

Doing an elegant twirl, Victoria did an air curtsy, “Hello~ sweethearts~ I’m glad everyone made here safely today~ I am Victoria~ one of the hosts of today’s party~”

Laughing, a brown-haired woman commented, “You stole my idea~! Though I do that every time... so I should mix it up...”

Pointing at her, Rebecca exclaimed, “Well you’re next~! Gooooo~!”

Huh... so the next person going is... the woman with brown hair... tall... mature figure, cool cool...

Leaning back into the couch and kicking her feet up, she began, “Hey~... what’s up you bitches... the name’s Roxanne... I can’t do this...”

Clearing her throat as she sat up, Roxanne started again, “Hello~ I’m Roxanne... the elected mom of the group... uhhh... yeah that’s about it...”

Doubling over in laughter, Victoria commented, “That was so funny!! That you, the group ‘mom’, would do that!!”

Stifling her laughter, Rebecca exclaimed, “Well, you get to choose the next person to go~!”

“Hmm... a tempting offer...” Roxanne hummed, looking around, “You go~ girl that I totally don’t know with the white hair~”

“M’kay~ playing dumb I see~” The relaxed woman cooed, “I’m Elenore~ nice to meet you~ fellow white-haired gal~ I can see that’s it’s natural though~ mind explaining~? Along with those ears and tail... that would be helpful...”

“Mn... I’ll explain after the introductions are done... Elenore... right?”

“Damn... those teary eyes...” Elenore sighed, pointing towards Rebecca, “Get me a membership!! I want to join the club!”

“Huh~? Club...? What club...”

Giggling, Rebecca assured, “It’s nothing Lilith~!!! Nothing at all! Currently, we have three members though... Me, Victoria, and now Elenore... in our little Lilith club...”

“Lilith club? What’s it about?”

“Don’t worry about it~” Victoria answered, stifling her laughter, “Let’s just finish up the introductions...”

Taking a sip of her boba tea, a black-haired woman introduced herself, “I’m Rangi... yeah that’s about it...”

Giving a light snort, the other black-haired girl added, “I’m Elise... I’m still in University though... I’m 20 years old... fun fact, I have blue eyes~”

Wait... blue eyes, black hair? Elise... where does that ring a bell... 

“Oh!!!! Wait, are you, Elise, from Nationals?!” 

“Wait... Are you Lilith?!” Elise exclaimed, expression morphing into one of surprise, “The one who’s really good at archery?”

“Yeah, that’s me!! So you’re Elise! The one who’s amazing at fencing!!”

“Calm down girls...” Rebecca chimed in from the side, “I know you’re besties from dominating your respective areas at nationals... but there’s a bigger thing you need to do Lilith... like introduce yourself and... you know, explain the ears and tail...”

“Oh yeah... I’m Lilith, Rebecca’s little sister, I used to look like her... but a little shorter...”

“Yeah...” Rebecca agreed, “You got all the good hair and skin genes though... lucky girl...”

“Anyway... uhh... I used to look like Rebecca... brown hair, brown eyes... as you can see, that’s not the case anymore... after some shenanigans with... Selene... in the game... I’m a fox girl now...”

Standing up, I did a little twirl- a bit unsteadily to be honest- before sitting back down, “As you can see... I have a tail now... and fox ears... also my eyes changed color, to an ice-blue. Unlike Elise’s softer blue, or bluer blue... is that word? Mine are a bit paler blue... oh yeah... my hair turned white~”

So uhh... this is uncomfortable silence... Huh?!

“E-Elise what are y-you d-d-doing!?”

“I’m hugging you of course~! Your ear twitches are so cute!! Especially now that you’re nervous! I want a membership to Rebecca~!!” Elise cried, feeling my tail and ears, “They’re so soft~!”

I-I need t-to run...

Standing up to run to Rebecca I stumbled when Elise caught me whispering, “It seems... you’ve fallen for me...”

“Dammit Eliseee... don’t use stupid lines like that...”

Especially when you’re hot like that... wait she’s grown taller!! Dammit...

“Elise... You’re taller again!! This is unfair!! You’re like Rebecca’s height...”

“It’s not that much of a difference...” Elise murmured, patting my head a few times, “I’m only like... a little taller than you... like the top of your head goes to my eye level...”

“Well, we’ll leave you two alone m’kay~? It seems you’ve really hit it off again~!” Roxanne chimed in from the side with a wink, “I wish you the best of luck Elise~”

With her little teasing, came the voices of agreement coming from the other party members, “Yep~!” “Have fun~” “Don’t be too rough~” “We’ll just chat over here~”

“W-What’s happening...? Well... uh... you want to go to my room, Elise?”

Grinning, Elise nodded, “Lead the way Fox girl~! To the holy land~!”

“W-what do you m-mean holy l-land?!” I protested, leading Elise to my room by the hand, “...Here’s my room though...”

Pulling me inside, Elise exclaimed, “We have tons to catch up on! Let’s chill~!”

Damn it's been a while... not really? Idk... This chapter is my longest one ever! First one to hit 2k words!! Come join the discord server!! We have people! (no shit author)
Uh... Hm... If you come to the server though... uh... don't be a lurker~? It's not to hard, just talk... whatever topic is fine... half the time it turns into bullying me though...
(read bullying as teasing... it's not that bad)

49