16: Setting Up~
540 7 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Exchanging goodbyes with Grace and Abi, Elise and I walked off towards where Rebecca and the rest of the guild would be.

“You know… I think bowing at this point has just become a habit, Elise… I do it with everything! I don’t know how it happened.”

“I noticed~” Elise answered with a smile, “You bowed 3, maybe 4 times during that goodbye session~ it’s fine though, nobody will criticize you for being too polite~”

Looking at the scenery- which I could look at forever! The scenery is stunning in this game- I replied, “Yeah… I feel like I went through that thing with random phrases you get me? I started out bowing out of half-serious half-ironic reasons… now it’s just a habit in life~”

“I get that~ no shame~” Elise reassured, grasping my hand, “Want to go surprise them~? Like, hide in the bushes or something?”

“Yeah let’s go~ Surprising Rebecca is always fun~!! Maybe because she’s my older sister? Who knows~”

Walking the grassy path down to the open field the Guild would be arriving in with me, Elise agreed, “As someone who also has older siblings, I must agree that it’s always fun messing with them~”

Arriving in the open area, I noticed… there isn’t anything we can hide in or behind… even though there are trees, large ones too~ it won’t work… Rebecca and her stupid ability to tell when people hide behind trees…

Hmm… looking around though… Why is everything so beautiful?!? All the trees are wide, soaring far into the air, sunlight peeking through the leaves and flowers that dot the branches. Flowers and ferns decorate the areas between the roots that poke out of the ground… even the grass is nice! It’s not even, which would be unrealistic in this world… but it’s not too tall, and very soft~

“Lilithu~ Lilithu~ are you here?” Elise pondered, doing some random leg exercises in front of me.

“Yeah I’m here… sorry… got distracted by the scenery~ it’s so beautiful after all~”

Poking my cheek- I know what DASTARDOS actions!- Elise giggled, “I forgot how much you like scenery~ do you still paint? I remember you were masterful with a canvas~”

“Oh yeah~ your cheeks are very soft~” Elise teased with a boop to my nose, before sighing, “It doesn’t look like we’ll be able to hide anywhere to surprise Rebecca and the others… So want to just, go sit on that ledge over there?”

“Sure~ sounds like a plan~! We’ll see them coming too then~”

Climbing onto the… not so tall ledge… my legs dangled just a little above the ground, sad times… 

But hot DAMN, this grass is soft~ it’s not rough and pokey~ feels so nice on the tail! Such smooth and softness~

“It’s so soft~ it’s better than my mattress~” Elise murmured, flopping down onto the grass next to me, “anyway~ uhh… the guild should be here… well they should be here now, but I think they ran into a herd of monsters, so they’ll be here soon~”

Kicking my legs forward and back- like a little kid I know, I know~ it’s just so fun to do!- I saw a glint in the distance before a lot of clanking sounds moved into earshot.

“Hey Elise, why is there so much clanking sound? I didn’t see that many people with full plate armor… and how is it so loud? They’re still super far away~”

Sitting up, Elise yawned while murmuring, “It should be fineeee… wait… they are really far… Oh, it’s probably just them bringing the fancy gear~ Don’t worry about it too much~”

“Are you wearing your fancy gear right now then? It looks awfully… mediocre.”

“Nahhhhhh, I’m not wearing the fancy gear right now~” Elise answered, flapping her hand in amusement, “I don’t like how my fancy gear looks right now… it’s too flashy…”

“I’m sure you look great~ you look good in everything I’ve seen you wear anyway~”

“Awww, thanks~” Elise cooed, leaping off the small ledge we were sitting on- very gracefully might I add, hmm… like a dolphin, leaping through the air… I don’t know- before adding in an amused voice, “I don’t know though Lilith~ You’re awfully cute as well~ and anytime I look at you, you’re only cuter than before~! Let’s go, though~ I see Victoria waving to us right now!”

Hopping off and running after… the frickin fastest person ever… We arrived where Victoria and the others were, hauling in boxes among boxes of supplies. I guess you could call it a caravan? I’m not too keen on the definition though so don’t quote me on that… 

“See you in a bit Lilith~ one of the other ‘department heads’ is calling me, so I gotta go for a bit~” Elise apologized, before clambering onto some boxes and disappearing into the… the I don’t know… towers of boxes I guess~

“No problem Elise~! Take care!”

Turning around to Victoria who was tweaking some bracelets she was wearing- damn nice ones too, they look on par with some of the really fancy stuff Elise owns- I asked, “How are you, Victoria? If you’re free to talk right now though, I don’t want to bother you if you’re busy~”

“No, no, I’m free~” Victoria chuckled, clicking one final thing in place, “I’ll keep you company anyway, Rebecca’s got her hands full… she’s over there on our left if you wanna see~”

Turning around, I sputtered, “Uh… oh… I see~”

Rebecca is just… carrying a whining Lorraine around? What happened… and I don’t envy Rebecca right now… 

“What uh… happened? What caused this situation? Just wondering for curiosity’s sake~”

“Yeah, let’s help the others set up, but I can tell you what transpired while we do it~” Victoria began, walking over to one of the marked out plots- which… damn they marked out the plots quickly, they must be well-practiced… big respect to those people- before explaining, “Pretty much, Lorraine is very lazy, and fell asleep… and doesn’t want to get up to help with the raid… and since Rebecca is Vice-Leader, it’s her job to move the sack of potatoes that Lorraine is being~”

Helping carry a bag of items with Victoria, I asked, “Sack of potatoes? Isn’t that a little mean?”

Laughing while setting the bag down, Victoria assured, “It’s fine~ I guess it might seem that way… but there’s a running joke that Lorraine has a mode called, ‘sack of potatoes’ and she was calling herself a sack earlier… as an excuse to not come~ so don’t mind it~”

“O-Oh… Uh… I’ll still call her Lorraine though,” I replied, a little apprehensive, but not slowing down my amazing tent set-up skills, “I don’t know… just to be nice and stuff~”

“Aww, I can see why Rebecca calls you sweet~” Victoria gushed, helping me prop up some of the poles, “It’s all good~ nobody minds either way~”

What up what up... it's been nice writing... *hugs people*
Life is good... i only have 1 final left~ and then i'm freeee for winter breakkk~
Damn tho... at this point discord be 100% of my writing motivation, so *bows* all you discord readers, thanks a ton, you're the ones motivating me. On the other hand though, my few(?) hopefully i have readers still... who aren't part of the discord, thanks a bunch to you as well~!! You're support is beyondddd amazing~
So all you readers... i have mini checklist for you alllll~
1: Can you give my book (or books if you're feeling extra generous) a 5 star rating? 2: Commentttttt~~ I'll try and respond to them all this time~! It's always nice talking to you readers~
(also maybe join the discordddd... and be activeeee... BE ACTIVEEEE AHH
we're pretty weird there tho ngl)
Lol, take care everyoneeee, hopefully i'll catch you all soon~

30