18: Interior Of The Dungeon~!
605 10 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It’s so… light in here? That’s surprising, I thought it would be really dark here honestly.”

Twirling around bored, Elise giggled, “It’s cool though isn’t it~? With all the creative ways there’s light~! There’s glowing moss, luminescent crystals, and small glowing particles in the air too~!”

Now that Elise mentions it… yeah, there are a lot of different ways that have been used to keep it light in here, it all seems natural too which is amazing! I wonder when we’ll run into monsters though… that’s kind of a… quintessential part of the dungeon experience, after all, we’ve just been exploring these passageways with no real goal.

Booping Elise in the cheek I asked, “What are we looking for?”

“Just I guess either a larger room, as in the passageway will open up into a large cavern, or the other three~” Elise pondered, stroking her chin while kicking some loose rocks around, “Also you might want to learn to use a shorter sword… I don’t remember if you knew or not, but for more cramped dungeon areas, you might not want to use a bow.”

“True true~ I’ll keep that in mind, it’d be a real hassle to fight people in a place this cramped. Especially with my ‘specialty’, I guess.”

Peering around a corner, Elise chuckled, “Oh yeah~ I forgot about that, you used to do fancy twirls and flips for fun while practicing your shooting, right? How well did you get with that? You were practically a gymnast at that point~!”

“You’re so nice… a-ack… I don’t know how I’m supposed to respond,” I cried out, pushing Elise around the corner, “But I did get good enough that my accuracy was the same as if I was standing still~ so that's nice~, though I probably have gotten pretty rusty…”

Sighing in exasperation, Elise muttered, “So your accuracy was practically 100%?”

“Yup!” I answered with a bright smile, “I try to not miss after all!”

“Goddammit, it's not that easy!! I feel for all the other archers who had to put in hours of work only to lose to you…” Elise lamented with a chuckle, before perking up and pulling me along in a rush, “I heard someone up there, it’s probably Rebecca, Victoria, and Lorraine~!”

Running along behind Elise having managed to escape her IRON grip… so strong unfair please nerf… I must say, it’s so pretty in here too… Why is everywhere so beautiful in this game? Like in different ways sure, but c’mon, you have to have ugly stuff somewhere right? 

Now watch me have just jinxed it or something…

Also, I wonder how we don’t run into the other groups while in this dungeon area? Probably some more magic mumbo jumbo. Oh yeah, I still have to figure out the whole turning into a fox girl in real life thing… eh it’ll be fine...

AH, SHIT there’s university too… so much goddammit that’s sad. I think I got most of my paperwork done though…

“Lilith, where are you going?” Elise giggled, grabbing me gently and bringing me to a stop, “They’re just up ahead, so no need to keep running~ I saw you got lost in your thoughts though, don’t be too anxious~ Remember, there’s time dilation~! Honestly, I’ve considered doing my homework in the time dilation...”

Walking along next to Elise as if nothing happened- nothing happened I assure you, we just ran to where Rebecca, Lorraine, and Victoria might be… Mhm- the sounds of shouting and fighting began echoing through the little path we were walking down.

“We should hurry shouldn’t we.”

Breaking into an almost maniacal grin, Elise agreed, “We should definitely hurry~! Fighting time!”

Running along behind Elise, we snaked through several passageways before arriving into a massive cavern. As I paused though at the cavern entrance, Elise just rushed into the battle immediately, pretty much disappearing from view…

You know… I forgot how much Elise was a battle maniac… She lived for those practice sessions when she was in Nationals. It’s so pretty in here thoug- wait I should help out… I can admire this cave after…

Unsheathing my bow, probably a smart move if I’m trying to kill some enemies.

So there are still 20 goblins, I’ll assume their name, and 5 bigger ugly things, cover fire it is.

Hm… I don’t want to shoot Elise or the others…

*thwang*

One dead to the eye, 3 others killed by the others.

*thwang*

Two at once.

*thwang*

Oh, that’s nice, straight into the eye.

Running forward to change positions, I came to a stop right next to Victoria, collecting one of the used arrows on the way. 

“Elise is really going at it, huh…”

“Yeah she’s a bit of a maniac when it comes to fighting against a group of weak monsters,” Victoria lamented with a sigh, leaning on her staff, “Doesn’t leave much for all of us.”

“True true~, there isn’t much of a point to fight right now… Elise and Rebecca have got them all covered… Oh yeah, where is Lorraine anyway?”

Rolling her eyes in amusement, Victoria pointed behind her, guessing my question, “She decided to take a nap so she’s just behind that rock over there. You can see her stirring now that Elise’s commotion woke her up.”

I wonder what's with Lorraine’s obsession with sleep… Does she not sleep enough normally?

“I-I see, though… I hope she’s okay? Is it okay that she came with us?”

Wandering over having finished massacring the poor goblins and their larger friends, Rebecca giggled, “You wouldn’t know, but Lorraine’s the most aggressive out of all of us, you know~? She’s even more maniacal than Elise and me~! Which is kind of scary sometimes, not gonna lie.”

“It’s GREAT!” Elise cheered, sprinting over to us, “You all just don’t understand, too peaceful all of you~!”

“Mhm…” Victoria murmured, stroking her chin, trying to suppress a smile, “and somehow, I fail to see a problem with that…”

Hoisting the drowsy Lorraine over her shoulder, Rebecca chuckled, “Let’s get going~, we should try and make good time through this area to meet up with the others~! We can explain a bit to Lilith about how the dungeon works too as we travel to~!”

“Ah… That’d be nice… I have a lot of questions to ask.”

Another chapter~!! Sorry its been a while~ kinda been focusing on my other novel for a bit...
----
Also tho... those arrow sounds.... twang... little sus... not gonna lie... Orz i originally went with Thwang, then grammarly said twang, so twang it isss~

lol...
---
Also tho... one chapter for this AND one chapter for Erina? damnnnn *smug face* hehe~
---
I'm gonna change it back xDD, so you can ignore that part lmao

Thanks for reading you alllll~!! I'll try and update this every which whilee~ I assure you tho, its def not dropped, and won't be~
Take care readers~ and I'd love if you could drop a comment~!!

26