3: Tending Wounds
1.3k 23 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting in the car, I felt my consciousness begin to fade when I heard Victoria sooth, "Don't worry Lilith, you can sleep."

Mumbling a slight reply, I leaned onto the window to protect me back before letting myself be consumed by the bliss of sleep.

-----------

Waking up as we pulled up to several apartment high rises, Rebecca and Victoria living in one of them, I tried my best to get out of the car on my own. Unable to pull myself out of my seat, I extended my hand towards Victoria in hopes of getting some help.

'Welp, looks like there's something wrong with my arms.'

Getting pulled out of the car, I was startled by a sudden gasp coming from Victoria, "Oh my god! We need to get you up to the apartment as soon as possible! You have so many cuts along your forearms!"

Nodding my head I decided not to reply due to the throbbing pain I could feel coming from my throat.

'But shit... I didn't think I had that many wounds, I guess it must be bad if Victoria is reacting this way... I haven't even looked, but it feels like I only have a few cuts...'

Shocked by my wounds, Victoria grabbed the bag in my hands and rushed me towards tallest building out of the three buildings that pierced the night sky.

Walking through the sliding double doors and entering the lobby, Victoria showed her card to get us past the door man. Running towards the elevators, she called one down and helped me get through the open elevator doors. Entering the elevator Victoria whispered, "Hang on for a bit longer Lilith. We prepared a bunch of bandages in our apartment for you to use."

Nodding to show that I was okay, I pulled my cloak tighter around me while waiting for the doors to slide shut. Elevator doors closing without a sound, I motioned towards the array of buttons, silently asking which floor button Victoria wanted me to press, seeing that her hands were full with my stuff.

Looking over to my throat and seeing the choking marks, Victoria nodded, understanding that my throat must be hurt. Pausing for a second before realizing what my arm gestures meant, Victoria blurted, "It's the 21st floor, the top one."

Pressing the button for the 21st floor, the elevator began shooting upwards like a bullet. Surprised with the sudden acceleration, I stumbled for a second before grabbing the nearby handrail on the wall of the elevator.

Seeing my condition worsening, Victoria began questioning, "Okay, so just nod or shake in response to my questions okay? Are your upper arms wounded?"

Nod.

"Your head?"

Shake.

"Your back?"

Instant nod.

"Your legs?"

Shake.

"Your frontside?"

Shake.

Sighing, Victoria commented, "When we get to the room and dress your wounds, it's going to probably hurt a lot okay? I was told the situation so I know that you can't go to the hospital because they would immediately turn you back over to your parents."

Exiting the elevator into a short hallway with one door, I walked up to the door, knocking before hiding behind Victoria.

The door opening into a whole floor penthouse, tears began to roll down my face when I saw my sister standing on the other side of the door.

Making my way to Rebecca, I collapsed into her arms, crying with a hoarse voice "... starting... to... hurt... a lot..."

Pulling my cloak off of me with some difficulty, Rebecca and Victoria gasped seeing the state of my back.

"Lilith, you don't need to answer me now, but you have to tell me later what Dad did okay?" My sister ordered.

Brushing my hair so it wasn't on my back, Rebecca began describing the situation to me, "So in several places the dress is ripped, and underneath are lashes across your back. Furthermore, there is a large amount of lashes of varying depths in the open back area of the dress."

Wiping my tears with some tissues I found on a table nearby, I turned around to show them my arms and my throat.

Taking a better look at my arms and throat, Victoria sighed, "I don't see how a parent can do this much damage to their children... At least we have that new medicine that will heal your damaged throat..."

Sitting down in front of me, Rebecca replied, "Well I don't see how parents can do that either, but we don't have time for that, we need to start bandaging these wounds."

Doing an Oscar worthy acting performance of a statue, I didn't move at all while they cut the dress off of me.

Cutting the dress off of me and getting the larger pieces out of my wounds, Rebecca handed me my stuffed animal while apologizing, "Now we have to disinfect the wounds okay? So hold onto your stuffed animal while we do this since it's going to sting like hell."

Motioning towards my blood soaked arms, I decided not to cover my stuffed rabbit Strawberry in blood.

Realizing her mistake, Rebecca decided to start by bandaging my arms first before my back.

Moving in front of me, Victoria took my hand into her's, explaining, "I'm going to hold on to your hand okay? So when it hurts you can clench your hands if needed."

Holding a disinfectant wipe, Rebecca apologized, "Sorry but this is going to hurt no matter what...so I'll try and go quickly."

With her warning she began wiping down all the wounds on my arms, while Victoria held my hand to help steady my arm.

'Well and so I can squeeze something, becau-'

'ARGHHHH!!! Hot damn! This stuff stings worse than that spicy food I had a few years ago!'

Not even bothering to wipe my tears, I let them flow from my eyes like an open faucet. Sitting on the floor enduring the pain for what seemed like an eternity while Rebecca disinfected my back and my arms, I let out a sigh of relief when it was finally over.

Drinking some water, which hurt SO much to do, I listened to Rebecca while she filled me in on the situation.

Sitting down right in front of me, Rebecca began bandaging my bruised throat while filing me in, "First of all, I'm going to bandage your throat to conceal the wounds, because you don't have any bleeding ones on your throat."

"Second of all our father, now that's a complicated topic, because our family runs a fairly successful business and everyone around this area sees him like a saint, we can't really do anything to him. Especially because we also can't prove the abuse... so that another reason why other than your wounds you aren't allowed to go outside for now."

Nodding my head in acknowledgement, Rebecca continued, "The third thing is your wounds. You're pretty heavily wounded so it'll be a while before you heal, so you'll probably miss the first month or so at your new University. Luckily though, this penthouse is a lot closer to that University than our old house."

"Finally, the rest of the small random stuff. For housing you can stay here, Victoria agreed when I told her about your predicament. She even helped me decorate your room before you came, so don't worry about her."

Tilting my head in confusion about why I would be worried, Rebecca elaborated, "Victoria is a pretty cold person on the outside, but she's actually really nice."

Pausing for a second, Rebecca added, "However, during the day Victoria and I have to work, so we won't really be able to help you if you need something, but we do have something for you. I'll show you it tomorrow as it's a weekend tomorrow, so let's get you to bed right now."

Leading me the stumbling me through the penthouse, Rebecca came to a stop outside a closed door with a name plaque. Walking up to the name plaque, I was surprised when it read, 'Cutie Pie: Lilith!'. Flushing red like a tomato, I opened the door to see a nicely decorated room fitting my tastes to the T.

'Rebecca must have told Victoria what I like... because this room is like my ideal room...'

Making my way to the bed, I collapsed onto it, not even trying to pull the covers over me.

Feeling someone pull the blanket over me, I mumbled an unintelligible reply before the lights were turned off.

Shifting slightly to get comfortable, I was out like a light, my last thoughts being,

Shittiest birthday ever...

Hallo readers~! Thanks for reading~!
Life is heating up like a f*cking stove soooo... who knows when the next chapter of my other book will come out...
Join my discord~! We can chat about this book or my other book!
(discord link can be found in book desc.)

54