Chapter 2
16 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Emotional Threats

 

Altan found that he wanted something different about fifty something years ago. By then, after becoming a well-known fighter in the streets of Cru, Altan found that learning another craft is definitely something that can be done!

It hadn’t taken just weeks or months though, to learn the Craft of Fighting, it had taken years. But, Altan saw that a future can be better than being the ‘King of the streets’ and, so, at the age of twenty, Altan had forced himself to learn the Wood Craft and somehow, he was then able to improve upon it with his skill and look like any other Wood Crafter around!

Of course, he left his ‘King of the streets’ title behind and went to another town, but with great dedication, with little sleep and nothing to lose…It was achieved!

 

Altan had no idea on how he had learnt it, he tried and tried, his determination growing and not dwindling with every failed attempt, just like how it was with fighting. Of course, he finds out later upon how it was achieved but at this time he felt like he was just a god and did it with pure strength!

His life was on the line, he was willing to bleed to learn yet another craft, he had to and well…To a strange degree, he started to feel really good. His hands becoming good at something offensive was actually pretty cool but now doing something else that was not offensive…A smile could be seen on his face, like finally his life was worth it…Which brought him to his girl…

Yes, Altan didn’t think too much when it came to Sandra, he dove right in!

 

The relationship between Altan and Sandra was what Altan would call simple and easy. She smiled a lot, which made it so much easier to be with her, and she always seemed to have him first in mind, which was really great to Altan. Whenever he fell asleep out of bed, he’d always find a blanket over him and something added behind his head as a pillow. Thinking of a woman’s life, Altan wondered how she did this without putting any thought into it, but he never came up with any kind of answer…Well, that is, he cared for her like that too and wondered if it was like an emotional type of closeness but that kind of stuff eluded him and…He also found it a bit boring to think about…Especially when he could just think about how pretty she was instead…A much more satisfying subject to think about he believes…

 

Their close bond was also because she was the only girl that did smile at him…With his damaged looking face and all. Most the time the girls look at him in disgust or even showed a frightened, pale face…Don’t forget the running away part. Yeah, they are too weak for him anyway, were his thoughts of frustrated acceptance…Well, what guy wants all the girls running away from him? He wanted to take the pick of the litter, perhaps more then one pick, you know. But…His face made things easier, so sometimes it probably was one less thing that he had to worry about…

Females didn’t get it. The scar near his eye was like a breakthrough! He had fought so fearlessly that day, beating his enemies to a red, chunky liquid! And the one near his chin…Well, it was handsome! They simply just didn’t get it!

No, with Sandra, she was great!

His rough look, his rough hands and rough style of walking and working seemed to be enough for her and so the relationship soared into being serious quite quickly!

 

With the natural want to have his own family, it wasn’t long before Sandra had his child, which made Altan look towards the future. He thought, like many other father’s, is this really the best I can do for my son?

Having already known what it was like to be kicked out of his family’s home and been homeless and start from scratch, he wanted better for his son. As it was, the wife and son that he had then was like a miracle, as he never thought he’d be wanted by anyone with the kind of past that he had but…He was still a part of the ‘poor’ commoner people and so he could marry another ‘poor’ person, so he was lucky and didn’t want to lose them!

Which then brought him to the fact that he himself didn’t have either of his parent’s crafts…

 

Altan had only pondered on what his son’s craft would be, making him think back to both his mother and father and so…Why hadn’t he thought of this particular thing before?

If his father was a Wood Crafter and his mother an Art Crafter…Why hadn’t he been either of those?

Was his born craft of thinking, something that was random?

Did his mother go gallivanting off with another man before living with his father?

It was hard to think of a woman doing something like that, it was probably easier to believe a man had taken her before his father had been with her…

 

It wasn’t because he loved women and tried to think them as great and never wrong, it was because the majority of women were all…Hiding…

Even the poor women hid their faces and didn’t go out much…Much less the rich ladies, who wore a lot more lace!

Woman who did that kind of stuff were whores and belonged in the red district…

Oh…And Altan’s been there before…

The flimsy clothes the girls wore was worth whistling at!

He didn’t even look out of place in that kind of place, while he thought away with his hand to his head.

How can someone who doesn’t think, do a job like this? Was it really a natural thing for women to act so wantonly?

 

The boss of the establishment did look weird back then to Altan but he didn’t question upon why until later, when he no longer went to the red district…The red district boss must have made a way for the women to do those acts, perhaps have them emotionally threatened or something?

After all the time he no longer went there, to thinking this, Altan did slightly remember the girls being red in areas, like maybe they had been hurt.

This was another reason why Altan became more determined…

Being tortured emotionally made people do things that wasn’t good for them. Once, Altan saw a homeless man eat something that had already been eaten once, just so the person would tip them the lowest coin and have them laugh…

Would the homeless man had done that if he had thoughts or…Was that too, emotionally threatening him? Was it like a survival instinct, simply because the homeless man was hungry?

Altan put it down to one fact, and that was…The world…Was crazy…

 

(Without thoughts, can people still be threatened, humiliated or forced to do something? Sadly, my opinion is yes. Even if we did not think, we would still feel pain.)
3