Chapter 1: Start
568 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<3rd>

Walking through a concrete pathway surrounded by road on each side while carrying a backpack, Ray is currently on his way back to his apartment after his class at noon.

The sun is scorching hot as if it's trying to burn Ray as he walked. As a student of the most prestigious university in the empire, he needs to work hard to maintain his place in the institute. Though, his family is not that well off to give him a car. At most, they can give him some pocket money for his transportation sometimes although Ray rejected it as he feels that the money is better used for his little sisters.

Arriving in his apartment, he sees his friend Brendon chilling on the couch and greet him.

<Ray>

"Yo Brend, aren't you're supposed to have a class right now?".

"Nah man, the sun is killing me. Not going to burn my body you know."

"Hmmm, well your girlfriend ask me where you are. Told her you're sleeping, get me some food later 'kay."

"Nice! She gives me a real headache you know."

"Just tell her you don't like her anymore. Why bother holding onto her if you don't want her anymore? I feel bad for her you know."

Brendon has been dating his current girlfriend since high school. They were supposed to be married after finishing their school but her father fell sick and they postpone their marriage. Since then, their relationship has been on and off due to Brendon sometimes ignoring his girlfriend. At least that's what he told me when his girlfriend keeps on asking me where he is. When I'm getting annoyed, he told me those things.

"It's not like I don't like her anymore you know, it feels like I'm not that important to her. Everything is about her family, we can't even have fun anymore."

Every time I ask him about this, he gives the same kind of answer. Well, it's not my problem anyway.

"Alright man, just don't make me a mailman between you two. I don't have any girl so I don't know how to handle her. Anyway, later I want fried chicken. Don't forget!"

"Alright, man. Oh yea, I'm going out this night so maybe tomorrow."

"Sure sure. As long as I get it."

Brendon then goes into his room and lock it.

'What a waste of a girlfriend. Better give me. Heh, it's not like I'm any good either haha'

'Urgh my body is so sweaty, I need to take a bath.'

Opening my room, I throw my bag to my bed and grab my towel.

***

<3rd>

Ray then went to the bathroom to take a bath, as he got out of the bathroom he accidentally slipped. His head fell first making a loud sound. Shocked by the event, Ray doesn't have any time to fend his head, his vision gradually darken.

When he opened his eyes, the first thing he saw is a space where nothing can be seen. He tried to speak but the silence remained. He tried to feel his body but he realized he can't move.

"What's happening?! Where am I?!" He screamed inside his head.

Suddenly from far away, he sees a hump of lights. Slowly it moves as if it's coming for him. Gradually, the light is getting bigger and bigger. Ray tried to run away but his body won't move.

Giving up, he closed his eyes. Trying to calm his heart and prepare for the impact.

After a few seconds, the light crashed into his brain. He screamed loudly as he fainted.

***

<Ray>

Opening my eyes, I saw a white ceiling.

'Huh, where is this? Ah, I remember I fell just outside my bathroom. Is this hospital? Did Brendon bring me here? Well, I have to thank him later.'

I heard a clicking noise as the door open and a nurse coming into my room. She had an average face but her body is beautiful, I'm pretty sure she worked hard to build those curves.

"Oh, you're up already? Please wait here, I'm calling the doctor."

Confused, I look at the opened door.

'Is it normal to leaves the patient alone? They didn't have any button to call the doctor? Well, it does not matter anyway.'

After waiting for a few minutes, a doctor and a nurse came in. While checking some documents, the doctor spoke to me.

"Hello... Mr.Rayan is it?"

"Yes, I am."

"Sorry, but did you remember how you end up here?"

"Yeah, I slipped in front of my bathroom. I don't know how though, maybe the floor is slippery or something."

After a few more questions and answer between us, the doctor spoke.

"Alright, you're fine. Just a normal concussion. Nurse, he can be discharged today."

The nurse nod and proceed to give me some medicine in case I'm feeling any pain.

"Thank you doctor, nurse. Can I get out now?"

"Sure. Nurse, get him ready with the document to be signed."

"Okay, doc. Mr.Rayan, please follow me."

The doctor continues to check on other patients, while I follow the nurse.

After a moment of silence, I try to speak to her.

"How long have you work here?"

"Around 3 years. You're a student?"

"Yeah, just got back from a class before this happened. You like to work out?"

"Uh oh, that's rude."

"Sorry haha. I'm kinda awkward talking with people. Just don't like the silence that much."

'Shit, why the hell did I do that. This is weird, I never care about silence but why did I bother? Fuck.'

"You don't have any girlfriend? I can see why. Hahaha"

'Damn this bitch, I'm just trying to make a conversation here. No need to be that offended'

"Uhm... Yeah, I don't..."

"Sorry if you want to hit on me but I already have a boyfriend. So don't bother talking."

Our talk ended with that remark from her. The silence continues to permeate our walks. After we arrived, I sign the document and paid for the medicine.

'Haaaaaaa... Now my money is close to zero already how am I suppose to eat. Fuck! *sigh* looks like I will have to borrow some money from Brendon. He owes me a fried chicken anyway, I'll just ask him later.'

***

{Home}

'Brendon is already out with his friends partying. Hopefully, he won't be too drunk when he returned home tonight. I don't want to carry him while he's reeks of booze.'

Feeling sleepy, I go straight to my bed and fell asleep.

A few hours later, I woke up due to a loud sound.

'Must be Brendon, *sigh* Why am I even helping him.'

I got up and open my door. I spot Brendon laying down on the floor in front of our door near the shoe rack, mumbling. Weird. Usually, he's dead asleep by now. I went to him to walk him up but he suddenly grabbed my legs and said.

"Hey Clara, I'm sorry okay. I actually cheated on you that night when your father fell. He caught me cheating on you and that gives him a heart attack. That's why he fell sick. I'm sorry Clara, I'm really sorry! And I even thankful now that he got amnesia, he can't remember that thing, Clara! That's why I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I don't deserve you but I don't want to give you to another man."

Smiling, I thought.

'Oho this is interesting, so he's afraid that Clara will be mad at him when she knows this. Hehe, I can use this for the money.'

3