Chapter 8: The Hideout
1.4k 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the lower layer of this dungeon, the air was thicker and mistier than the above section. Though the air was dense like smog it actually filled up my lungs with more than sustainable oxygen. Around the rocky edges of the cave was a row of bright greenish barnacles. There was also a nest of glowing gemstone crystals surrounding the barnacles. It was a stunning sight to see, like something out of a fantasy story.

"It's beautiful." Gasped Healer Maiden as she gently touched the walls.

"Ya shouldn't be touching something you don't know about." Sira grabs her hands. "It's fine. None of these barnacles or crystals are Poisonous ." I said as I pricked my tentacle against the crystals. My body starts to be shocked by a static wave of neurons passing through my veins. I shake around in confusion, what just happen? It felt like the crystals were electrocuting me. I put my tentacles against the walls once more. I shake again fiercely.

"Zed!" Cries out Healer Maiden and Sira. "Haha," I stop and roll around the ground "I got you guys goods." I laugh loudly in a deep voice inside my mindscape. "Oh thank the gods you are okay Zed." Healer maiden holds her heart.

"You jerk!" Sira kicks me right behind my back I roll around even more.

I was truly enjoying messing around with these cute girls. "Can you act serious? We have a quest to accomplish and you promise you would help us." Snarled Sira.

I get up on my tentacles and take a closer at the barnacles and crystals. Those little spark shocks they did on me must have been some sort signal that links to a dungeon core if I am not mistaken. "Healer Maiden, is there anything such as dungeon cores in this world?" I infer as I take one crystal off from the walls and inspect its proprieties.

"Yes, there is in fact, two dungeon cores for each dungeon, one male, and female. You didn't know?" She replies.

" Well, I did forget to mention I was born in this cave. I have never ventured out of this dungeon." I spin around the jade color crystals.

"Maybe we can get you out of here." Healer Maiden kindly places her smooth palms against my back. Is this what love really feels like? Her compassion was something else.

"You are lying, right? If this tentacle beast comes to the surface he will pillage everything in its path. I have seen enough villages be taken down by beasts to know that. As soon as we leave this cave we are trapping you in it." Sira jumps on top of a rock and sniffs for nearby beasts.

"You don't have to be so mean to Zed. He's a good beast with a good heart." Healer Maiden said.

"No beast has a heart." Sira hissed. I took in her harsh words, I was already used to it. But did I really have a heart? Is this my real soul and mind?

I glare at my reflection at the crystal clear lake. There has to be a reason why I was reborn.

We drew closer to our first checkpoint which was the edge of the lower layer waterfall.

I pick up a micro-strand of hazel hair that I sensed with my suction cups. "Was the  hair color of one of your teammates light brown?" I asked Healer Maiden.

"Yes…" She touches the hair strand with a sniffle. "I hope we are close." She wipes her pale face, she almost looked like she was about to cry at any second.

I suck in the hair strand in my suctions and try to get a better scent of where her friends were at. I poke my tentacles through the walls and ground of the cave to hear any footsteps or heartbeats. I pick up the same sweet honey fragrance of Healer Maidens friend.

"I think I know where they are. Follow me." I scuttle ahead faster than usual. "They should be over here-" my head bumps against a large formation of spear-shaped rocks, "What the? This is a dead end? I thought this section would have a cave entrance?" I rub my fore-eye in confusion.

"Um, last time I checked Healer Maidens teammates weren't rocks." Sira flicked one of the misshapen rocks. "Yeah, but the scent leads this way. I guess we should break all these rocks out of the way." I begin to charge my neuron bomb skill.

"No, we cant. It would make too much noise." Healer Maiden walks over to me and has a worried look in her eyes.

"What's the matter?" I asked her.

"Ever since we fell down in this lower cave layer I have been smelling something foul. Something dreadful. We must be careful, all of us." She holds on to her broken golden staff.

"She's right. We haven't formed a strategy yet. Whatever lurks in here is probably waiting for us to come to them so that they can have an easy snack." Sira throws a rock against the lake water making it skip across the water surface.

I kind of agree with them, blasting the rock formation that's in my way will only cause more trouble for us. So instead I crush each and every rock with the brute strength of my tentacles.

"Healer Maiden form a Holy Barrier and stop the rocks from colling with the walls and ground of this cave tunnel. Sira you guard our backs." I commanded them as my tentacles were constricting and crushing away at the spear rocks.

"You got it." Both nodded the girls as they followed my instructions.

Each rock must have weighed 170 pounds and were 12ft high. Chunks of rocks cracked and exploded on to Healer Maidens barrier barely making any sound. Sira held out her one harden steel claws, and slid across her harden legs in a kickboxing stance to protect our backs. It seemed she could only harden half her arms and legs, the other half of her body remained normal.

As I make my way through the forest of limestone rocks I went to crush a rather huge one in front of me. My one tentacle snapped off immediately, goddam this one is heavy and strong as fuck. The rock was about 17ft high and 14ft wide, that son of a bitch must have weighed one ton or more.

I cant exploded this rock, if I do then Healer Maidens barrier won't hold the impact back and most likely the ground below us will cave in and create another crater. As much as I love the neuron bomb skill, I think its way to overpowered in this situation. Guess I have to use pure grit, grind, and muscle to constrict this rock to its death, I am a tentacle monster, after all, let's put these tentacles to use! I tightly wrap around all eight of my tentacles on top of the massive boulder and begin to constrict with everything I got. "Healer Maiden make your barrier stronger. This is going to be loud," I said as I keep on constricting the impossibly hard rock.

Come on break already I squeeze harder and harder, throbbing veins were popping out my tentacles. The rock starts to give in and I hear it cracking. I could see thousands of crack lines form around the base and edges of the boulder. "CRACK! SNAP!" The boulder explodes by the powerful pressure of my tentacles. The large chunks of rocks flung across Healer Maiden's Holy Barrier which protected us and muted out any kind of noise.

"By the gods…Ya could have done to us if ya weren't paying attention. Remind me to never be wrapped around ya tentacles again." Sira said with her mouth wide open.

Yeah, the next time you will be riding my tentacles thunder thighs- Dammit! Stop it with the sexual innuendos! I smack myself to smack away my dirty thoughts.

[System Index]:

Attack +2 gained!

Cultivation Power + 3 gained!

Power Constrict Skill gained!

Wow if I knew I would gain these stats then I would be crushing one-ton boulders all day to level up my cultivation stats. Too bad my level didn't go up. I guess the system doesn't upgrade your level if you don't use your skills to defeat an enemy. The new skill power Constrict will tremendously help me out in close combat. So with all eight of my tentacles, I have enough force and power to crush one-ton boulders into dust. I wonder how much stronger I can get. This is getting interesting.

Once I had smashed the boulder I scuttle over it and follow the scent trail of Healer Maidens friend once more. An entrance should be right here, I could sense a hollow area around this way. I stop, "There it is. Your friends should be in this cave entrance." I point ahead.

"What are you talking about? That's another dead end. I am starting to believe ya have no idea where ya are going." Sira kicks away at the derby of smashed rocks to follow me.

"No there isn't." I turn around and see a massive wall covered with frozen ice and snow. You got to be fucking kidding me. I smack my tentacle against the ground in anger.

Healer Maiden walks over to me and shutters "So um…Are you saying my friends are behind this ice wall?"

"Yeah…But there is no way I can smash through that ice wall with just my tentacles. That thing is easily 5 or even 10 tons." I knock on the wall to prove my how dense it is. Not a single hollow-clink was heard.

"Well, I guess we are screwed. At this point, we won't ever leave this dungeon." Sira sat down on a bed of blueish grass and sighed. She tosses another pebble at the glowing emerald lake. "Drip. Plop. Splash." The pebble echoed. A light-bulb flashed in my brain.

"Sira do that again," I asked as I dip my tentacles in the water.

"Do what?" Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Toss another pebble, but aim north at the waterfall." I insisted as I straighten my tentacles ahead.

Sira tosses two pebbles with a slight flick of the wrists. The pebbles bounced and skidded on the surface water until it went through the waterfall making a hollow sound. I follow the vibrations of the pebbles with my submerged tentacles and use All-seeing eye. Each outline of the splash and plop of the tossed pebble was seen. I followed the bounce trajectory until the pebble landed in a land-surface area. It was indeed a rocky shoreline, I see a tunnel entrance through the waterfall. Dam this vision I have is a powerful weapon, from seeing nothing to seeing through walls and waterfalls. I felt invincible.

"Guys I found a cave entrance behind the waterfall. Let's go across this lake and enter. Get on my tentacles." I said as I slither them around Healer Maiden and Sira.

"No thanks. I can cross the lake just finely by myself." SIra skips over to the lake and starts to shiver. She pokes one finger inside the lake. "Owww. It's freezing." She startles back, her fingertips form tiny icicles. "If you guys fall in the lake you will be turned into frozen ice cubes. I will extend out my tentacles as far as I can and you guys can jump off on to the shore." I stretched out my tentacles to loosen up any sore muscles.

"Hurry let's ride on Zeds tentacles." Healer Maiden steps on my tentacles and waits for Sira.

"If my master saw this, he would revoke my witchers dog-tag and disown me. This so goes against my morels.Uggggh." She follows her friend and has a sorry look on her face. Kind of like an angered kitten.

I wrap them up gently and slowly move my tentacles forward to make sure I have a good grip on them. Healer Maidens giant bouncy boobs were poking up and out of my tentacles. Sira's fatass stuck out from my tentacles in an unpleased fashion," I hate my freaking life right now." She curses.

"You are heavy as hell. How are you so fat?" I said as I slither my tentacles closer to the waterfall.

"I am not fat! I just work out my legs a lot and eat lot of meat! Calling a girl fat is a terrible thing!" She snarls as she pokes the top of my eyeball.

"I've said worse."  I thought to myself.

As the girl's bodies were hanging over the lake I sense something inside the water. A long massive greenish spiky snake tail slithers out of the water and dives back in. Whatever is in this water, is something I don't want to fight right now.

"Ssssss." I hear a hissing noise as another large snake tail slithers upwards out of the water in a creepy way.

[Two-tailed Basilisk spotted!]

Yeah, screw that. I extended my arms out faster until I reached the waterfall. The witcher and the maiden jumped off into the musky cave shores.

I use the wrecking cannon skill and summon my tentacle clones to push my spherical body over the water. I roll through the water with ease, kind of like a motorboat and avoid the basilisk beast.

"Don't worry I will come back for you," I said to myself as I look back at the giant snake.

Soon I make my to the shore and shake off the water from my tentacles like a dog who took a dip in a pool.

"Are you guys alright?" I asked in a monotone voice.

"Yeah, but what in the foxes hide was that creature in the lake?" Sira glances ahead and sees a large snake jaw wide open showing its razor-sharp serrated teeth.

"Get back!" I shout in my mindscape as I  push the girls back and use my withcer steel skin evolution and harden my body. The basilisk chomped on my steel body, its long elephant-tusk sized teeth were scraping the sides of my skin. Sparks flickered out into the lake. I shed out of my witcher skin and roll out of my husk shell. A large steel outline of my eyeball-body blocked the basilisk from coming inside the waterfall. That was a close one I crawl away and 'flick the tentacle-finger at the snake beast'.

"Sssssss." It hissed and flickered its tongue louder than before as it twitched around with rage overfilling its blood.

_______<>_______

We sat down in the far edges inside of the waterfall. A stream of icy water flows beneath our feet.

I blink my eyes and check my stats before we advance any further.

Name: Zed

Race: Tentacle Monster

Class: Morpher C+

HP:45/52 Shield:10

Level:2

Rank: Bronze

Mana Force: 12/14

Attack:13+2[15]

Cultivation Power: 3

Agility:4

Defense:13

Magic:16

Intelligence:7

Karma: 5

[Skills]:

[Tentacle Smash( Tier 1)] [All- seeing eye (Tier 1)] [Mindscape (Tier 1)]

[Absorb(Tier 1)] [Regeneration (Tier 1)] [Slime Clone (Tier 1)] [Wrecking Cannon (Tier 1)]

[New Skills]

Power Constrict Skill: Strangle and squeeze enemy to death.

[Evolution Bloodline]:

Slime skin

Harden Scales

Witcher Steel Skin

[Growth]: Body:[ Height:9ft , Width: 10ft] Tentacles :[Height 12ft]

-----------

Nice, I like what I see. No need to give myself a full summary of my stats. I close my stats chart and go to the girls who were gearing themselves up. Sira put on black leather gloves that had spikes sticking out at the knuckle section. Healer Maiden ripped a piece of her white maiden silk tunic and tied it around her broken staff.

"Here let me help. I did break your staff so let me repay you." I use harden around the ripped tunic to solidify it to keep her broken staff in place.

"Ya also broke my favorite rapier. Ya owe me one." Sira below up her silver hair and grabbed her waist in a demanding manner.

"I don't owe you shit. You're the one who tried to poke my eye out with that toothpick." I finished fixing Healer Maiden's staff and pat her on the head.

"Tehe thanks." She cutely smiles and kisses my tentacle. Damn you, Healer Maiden. I want you so fucking badly.

"Blah, that is disgusting. Can we get a move on already? I have a quest to conquer. I promised that your friends would be found." Sira shifts away her head from me, her face was filled with disgust.

I nod my eyeball and say "Before we go deeper inside this cave entrance I suggest you heal all us, Healer Maiden."

"Umm…ah… I am afraid I can't do that." She glances away with a sense of failure in her eyes.

"Why not?" I asked.

"My Holy Barrier depleted most of my mana. I can only use it three times. I have used it four times at this point" She fiddles around fingers in the disappointment of her own abilities.

"Do you have enough mana for one Holy Barrier?" I said as I make a flame torch.

"I think so."

"Good. That's all I need. Then Sira you stay at the front lines with me. I sense footsteps ahead." I toss Sira a torch and she quickly catches it.

"Garrrrgh! Gaha!" A fury of sickly laughter fills my ear. That must be goblins.

Then I hear an unfamiliar beast sound, "Gssseeeeh" Hissed a beast. It sounded like a Komodo dragon.

"Everyone be as quiet as possible and get ready. This must be a goblin hideout." I stack up my skills and crawl slowly at the ground.

"How are we going to get in without being noticed," Sira whispered. I touch her cheek with my tentacle tip, suddenly her whole skin camouflage with the surroundings of the shadowy and dark brown rocky cave.

"Woah this is amazing." She glares at her arms with a sparkle in her silver cat eyes.

I did the same thing to Healer Maiden and we headed north staying as low as possible to the ground as we can.

In front of my eyes was a wooden double door with iron edges and spikes. It looks as if it were here for ages. The door was about 5 meters tall and full of dust and derby.

"How are we going to get in?" Said Healer Maiden.

I spin around my tentacles, "We drill in." my tentacles kept on spinning around in a circular motion forming a drill spiral. I then use witcher skin evolution and slowly drill through the thick wooden doors. A 1 meter sized hole was made on the wooden door. Piles of shredded wood lied everywhere on the rocky ground. I then change my body into goblin evolution form so I would be able to fit through the drilled out wooden door.

"Ya really come in handy don't ya." Smirks Sira, she then stops smiling.

I could sense it as well, the dark aura around this cave tunnel was toxic. I take a sharp look forward and see about ten goblins violently whipping  humans on the back who looked barely recognizable. Their faces were bloody and their skin was shredded and chunks of meat stuck out. I could see there rib cages ripping out of their stomachs, more deformed humans and elves lied next to them with their bloody stomach intestines sticking out of their bodies. They looked like zombies or ghouls.

Next to the whipping goblins was three orcs who were riding on top of kobold dragon beast like it was a battle horse.

[System Index:]

10 Goblins spotted! All level:6

2 Orc riders both level:8 spotted! Height 8ft

2 Kobold Dragons level:7 spotted! Height 8ft

1 Orc warrior level:8 spotted! Height 9ft

----------------------------

"Oh my god." Gasped Healer Maiden as she held her mouth and almost puked at the vile sight.

"Those beasts will pay. I am going to kill everything single one of them." Growls Sira as she takes out a foldable combat knife from her the side straps on her thick thighs.

"No. Not yet. We can't let our cover be blown. We have to figure out who's their leader." I pushed back Sira with my goblin arms.

"Faster! Worthless elf!" An orc deeply howls as he whips a female elf on her back and tears off her hunter jacket exposing her breast.

"That's it I am going in." Sira places her knife between her sharp teeth and springs up. I swiftly grab her ankles. "I said don't attack them." My cyclops goblin eye angrily stares her down.

"We can't just do nothing." She snarls and gritted down her teeth on the knife's handle almost cracking it.

The 8ft Orc stomps on the female elf's back then points its Seax- sword blade at her plump exposed breasts. "I am hungry! I want your blood!" It snarls as the sword blade pierces the elf's exposed breasts, a splash of blood leaks onto the floor and the female elf yells in agony, "Arrrrghhh!" Blood spurts from her mouth and drips between her breasts arches.

Healer Maiden covers her eyes and starts to cry of the brutally that was unfolding before her very eyes.

I wanted to do something. Anything. But if I attacked then we would be outnumbered and killed the moment we reveal our position. You know what, fuck it. And fuck goblins and orcs.

My greenish fingers slammed against the ground and I let the tentacles around my goblin spine dig into the ground.

The orc kicks around the elf female and then flips her over on her back to grab her breasts.

"Mine! All mine!" It roars as it reaches its hands to take its meal, in a flash its whole forearm explodes into particles of bloody grey meat and cracked bones. A fury of red blood caked the walls of the cave. "Rawrrrrrrrgggh!" Cried out the Orc in pain as it looked down and saw a tentacle piercing through its legs. I had tagged the bastard with my tentacle.

Neuron Bomb I breathe out. The Orc turns his head wildly around searching for the source of the explosion as it ran aimlessly through the cave, then its skull capsized and exploded against another orc who was riding a kobold dragon. The lizard creature hissed in confusion of the loud sonic boom sound and lifted up its claws in fear.

All the goblins and orcs stop what they're doing and searched for the intruder.

"Stupid and sick creatures. All you live for is to ruin other's lives for your own disgusting satisfaction. Bind," I said as I smacked my goblin hands together and activate my mindscape.

One goblin started shaking violently and gripped at its skull. "Garrrwagghh! GARRRWAGH!" It fiercely clawed at its forehead out of a sense of fear. I controlled its brain synapses with my bind skill and made it run towards other goblins. I smack the ground again with my palms to activate the trigger for my neuron bomb. A sound wave vibrated under the goblin's feet and triggered the clones inside of its brain to multiply at accelerating rate. About a thousand tiny tentacle clones burst out the goblins skull, fresh bloody brain matter splattered against the other goblins who shrilled out with a panicked tone. The blood from my suicide bomber goblin had acted as a perfect transfer for my neuron bomb to absorb inside the other goblins skin.

They clawed at their skin and bit at their own arms in a frenzy of confusion and overwhelming pain. Before they could even think their goblin skulls all exploded at the same time, a storm of blood and severed body parts slammed against the walls and across my face. I was drenched in the blood of my own brothers. The blood of beasts. I grew high on my own power not realizing that Sira had jumped out into full view and slit one Orcs throat clean. The greyish human beast held at its jugular as it spurted out blood from its mouth in every direction.

"Take that you dirty beast! Who wants more!?" She wiped the orcs blood off from my her face and licked her lips as she unhinged her witcher steel claws.

"You idiot!" I angrily roar out in my goblin form.

From behind Sira, a kobold slammed its sharp forehead against her back, "Gaaahhh!" She cries out as the kobold lifts up her body in mid-air.

"Sira!" Yells Healer Maiden as lifts up her staff. "Oh Holy Mother of Zareth Please bless thee and-" An Orc punched her right on the cheeks, her body flung across the rocky ground and roll around. Piles of jagged rocks cut and scratched her face, fresh blood leaked down from her lips.

The bulky and muscular orc step on top of Healer Maidens head, it must have been the leader judging by its bigger and taller size compared to the other orcs. It had long talon-scars running through its eyes and it had tattoos covering its shoulders. "This human now belongs to me!" A mist cloud puffed out its deformed nostrils as it grabs Healer Maidens tunic and rips it off her completely. Her exposed breasts jiggle everywhere, her white bra almost ripped off from how big her boobs were. The orc licks her tiny ears and breathes heavily on her pale neck. Her pink nipples perked through her white bra.

I stand up in my goblin form with rage burning inside my veins, I could see my reflection on one of the dead goblins bloody sword blade which was still held by a decapitated arm. My eyes were slowly turning a dark red.

"All of you die! Every single one of you!" I clenched my fists and use witcher steel skin to punched the orc right under its jaw. Its whole jaw ripped off from its socket and its bloody teeth flew across my eyes.

"GArrrghwwwwgh!" The orc stumbled backward and held its mouth, its bottom jaws slowly flew off into the ground.

Healer Maiden was trembling and her eyes became pitch black, she looked like she had seen a ghost.

I turn to look at Sira whose's body was still being smashed up against the walls of the cave by a kobold dragon. I jam my first through the kobold's chest and rip out its still-beating heart. I then devour the heart by absorbing it inside my palms.

"*Yes more!More!- More blood!More meat!More death! Devour Everything!*" A dark voice rings through my brain. I was so in the zone of killing that my soul had wandered away. My human side was slowly disappearing.

There were only 5 goblins and 1 warrior orc left. The warrior orc pounded hard at its chest and sprinted towards my way. I went to use neuron bomb, but I have used all of the time frame of 10seconds, instead I summon slime and tentacle clone to hold off the warrior orc. But the brutal beast just shredded through my clones with his giant battle-ax.

I was running out of options I pick up a knights sword and charge ahead in my goblin form. My body was jolting past bloody goblin carcasses at a fast rate, kind of like a cheetah. I swung forward and collide with the battle-axe. Sparks ignite into the skies.

"Traitor!" Roared the orc as it punched my gut. I puke out blood from my eyes and fall back by the force of the hit. I shot out my powerful tentacles from my spine and wrap around the goblin.

"I am no traitor. I am a tentacle monster," I revert back to my original form and stared at the orc with my massive eyes. The orc's face widened with shock, its half jaw mouth chattered in fright of my unspeakable sight. I crush its spine in half and lift up in the air and pull apart the orc-like a chicken bone. Blood embraced my eye's like a rain shower of dark red. I went to toss away its body, but my tentacles said otherwise. My tentacles actually jammed the bloody orc body inside of my own eye's!

My eyeball opened wide and a row of razor-sharp teeth formed around the outer layer of my pupils. What the fuck is going on!? I tear apart the body into smaller chunks with my eyeball-mouth and sallow the blood riddle meat inside of my eye's! Bones and all were devoured! My tentacles grabbed more lifeless goblin bodies and stuffed them down my eyeball mouth. Pools of warm sticky blood secreted out from my eyelids. I could smell nothing but rotten iron and the stench of death.

[Infinte Void Evolution awaken!: You can devour any enemy or object  with your giant eyeball and absorb into the Infinite Void of your Soul Realm]

Healer Maiden's mouth was wide open as she crawled back away from me after seeing such a horrific sight.

Sira as well looked baffled. The remaining goblins ran away for their dear lives. I had become what I never wanted to be. Right now I wish I was blind to forget the sins I had just done. But I can never blind myself from the cold truth. We as humans could never blind ourselves from the truth. And the truth right now, was that I was a monster.

As I ponder this, a metal chain net was wrapped around me. An orc rider had captured me, he whipped his kobold to make it run faster. The orc rider dragged around my body on the rocks and flung me into their hideout brick base.

"Zed!" Shouted Healer Maiden.

____________________________

A/N: This chapter needs to be edited. Let me know if there is any grammar errors and I will fix it. Comment away and I will answer any question. Keep on reviewing and have a good day/night.

25