Chapter 11: Remembrance
1.2k 5 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My mind dazes away in the coldness of cryostasis. Darkness once more.  A flashback

...

"I am afraid to inform you that your son is terminally blind. We don't have the science or technology to fully restore his eyesight. Maybe in a year or two, we will." A male doctor says as he holds up a simulator-tablet.

"That cannot be true!? He can still see!" Cries out a rough and husky male voice.

"Father is everything alright?" Asks a young boy with hazel hair and dark brown eyes.

"Yes… Everything will be alright….My son." The father grips his son's shoulders tightly. Tears almost form from his eyes.

Is that me? How many flashbacks am I going to have? Is that my father? Where is my mother?

The vision blurs out and I teleport somewhere else.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Hey, brother! Do you want to go inside of Dr.Oaken's secret lab room?" Shouts a slender and beautiful young looking teenage pale girl with blondish brown short hair and emerald eyes.

"No. Just leave me alone." The brother angrily replies as he looks out the window of his bedroom. He was filled with fiery hatred. He hated being blind and defenseless.

"Come on! We never play anymore!" She drags the teenage boy by his arms out of his room and towards a dark basement. Inside of the basement was a metal door that had a retina scanner device. She places her brother's eyes at the scanner. A laser scans his retina in an up and down vertical motion. "Stop! Let go of me! You crazy bitch!" Shouts the boys as he pushes his sister away.

The metal doors rectangular-shaped lock unhinges and mechanically opens wide, a cloud of white mist expels from the lab room.

"Are you insane!? Dr.Oaken will kill us!" The boy tries to close the door.

"Don't be such a scaredy-cat! Just follow me!" The boy's brash younger sister grabs him by the wrist and takes him inside the lab.

Rows of vials and glass containers filled with unknown specimens floating inside of a greenish liquid were seen across the lab's carbon fiber wall counters.

"Woah what is this stuff?" The girl touches the air-sealed glass containers and then takes it off the metal counter. She tries to unlock the container.

"Stop!" The boy angrily smacks her sister across the face. Her cheeks turn completely red and had an outline mark of her brothers hands.

She turns to him and starts to cry.

"You deserve it for being-"

"Garrrrhhhh! *Click! *Click!" An alien sounding screech filled the boy's ears.

His was irrupted by an unknown creature's bloodcurdling screams.

"W-what was that?" The boy slowly walks over to a cryopod. Inside it was something he had never seen before. A tentacle creature so vile and disgusting was lurking deep inside the cold mist of the pod.

"I hope you die!"The boy's sister fiercely pushes him inside the cryopod. "No!" Cries out the boy as he falls in.

He briefly passes out by the sheer fear of being alone with the alien creature.

In the distance, he could hear two faint voices.

"The virus is spreading quicker than I thought Dr. Oaken. Our world doesn't have enough time." Says the boy's father.

"Good. This planet deserves to die. Along with the human race. We are failed experiments, to begin with." Said Dr.Oaken as he lights up a cigarette.

"You have the antidote don't you!?" The boy's father roars as he takes out a Glock handgun from his leather jacket's side pockets.

"Haha! Humans really are a joke! There is no antidote. There is no hope. But I have another option. And that is to fuck the gods. Fuck all of them. The only all-powerful entity that truly exists is the beast that is inside every single one of us! I've seen and made things that a God would never dare to create!" Dr.Oaken raises his hands in the air like a madman.

"You have lost it. Dr.Oaken! You haven't even fixed my abomination of a son! You could n't even make someone see again! If you have the power save to us then do it! Save the human race!" The boy's father threateningly yells as he points his gun at Dr. Oaken's head.

"You never loved your son. You only wanted to use him for your family's prestigious lineage. Some kind of father you are. Some kind of proctor of the world you are. You are nothing more than a shit stain in the grand cosmos of the universe. If you are going to shot me then do it. But I doubt a fucking gun will kill me." Dr.Oaken grins.

"Dr.Oaken what did you create in this lab?!" The boy's father sternly asks as his hands shake.

"You will soon find out."

The boy's eyes widen as hears and barely sees what is going on. Then he feels something slimy coil around his neck. A pitch-black scaly tentacle. "Ahhhhhhh!" He screams on top of his lungs. The cryo-pod slams shut and his cries for help were no more.

_______________________

A/N: This chapter needs to be edited let me know of any grammar errors. This novel will enter Metus Contest as it has horror themes based off Lovecraft and there will be some references to Goblin Slayer and other horror elements. To make things clear there won't be any R- word[May be fade to black] in the novel however there will be R-18 sexual scenes. Anyways I might be looking for someone who can draw a cover art for me to use for the contest. 

 

For the cover art, I simply want a tentacle monster wrapping its arms around a witch with a wizard hat it can be anime-inspired. The closest thing I can think of is the first artwork of Everybody Loves Large Chest very good novel check it out on Royal Road. Anyways if anyone knows how to draw let me know.

 

15