Chapter 13: Secrets
1.6k 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I smack away my dirty and devilish thoughts from my head. I can't have this spiteful dark entity running rampant in my mind, telling me fucked up things that I shouldn't do. I cannot become crazy like Dr.Oaken. I need to have a clear mind in order to survive in this dangerous and unforgiving dungeon filled with powerful beast that I have never seen before. I think I should start talking about important matters such as how am I going to get my body back and how do we get out of this dungeon or whatever this cave system is. Now that I mention it I have been referring to this place as a dungeon the whole time I've been with my squad. Yet every time I inspect the areas we visited I could see no spawn point for the creatures who appear. Actually the more I think about I haven't gained any Exp nor have I seen any of the dead bodies martialize and vanish into the system like a normal RPG. I would differently say that I am not in a game, not after all I have experienced. Everything was all too real. Maybe I am overthinking things.

I should first ask these girls simple questions then move my way up to the more critical ones.

I turn my eyes to face Sira, "So what form are you in? Are you are a beastkin?" I asked.

"Not exactly… I can't tell ya what I am, Witcher's Code. That was quite a random question to ask." Sira awkwardly rubs her shiny shoulders and  throws water into her face. Her furry silver wolf ears wiggle and then slowly turn smaller and smaller until they vanish.

"So how did you transform?" I said with an intrigued tone.

"I can shift from a human to a beast when I use my witcher mode to turn primal. I won't tell ya how I got my powers and will ya not look at me like that?" She sighs heavily and blushes as she goes deeper into the water to block out her scars marks on her abs.

"That's interesting. Healer Maiden, why do you wear an eyepatch?" I rotate my eyes in her direction.

"I wear it because I am not to be a worthy Maiden. All maidens must fully show off their bright blue eyes which are blessed by the gods. Mine are two different colors. I am un-pure and incomplete. I hide one eye to block away my horrible sins of being an unworthy and a weak maiden," She sadly says as she touches her eyepatch. A regretful look was seen on her face.

"You are a worthy maiden. You made that barrier to help me defeat the Demon Orc who almost killed all of us. You also purified this hot spring with your mana to heal us. I think you should stop putting yourself down." I pat her on the back with my tentacles.

"T-thank you Zed." She slowly smiles.

"Geez, when did you get so wise and kind Zed? It's making me sick." Sira smirks as she splashes hot water at me.

"What am I too kind for a beast? Or should I be scary all the time?" I sarcastically said.

Sira kicks up her feet and rests Parisa's back against the shoreline, "Ya just a strange beast overall. I never meet one like ya. Ya act and talk like a human." She fiddles around with her fingernails.

Should I tell them already? Tell them that I was once a human. No, not yet. I need more answers about this world.

"By the way are you guys fully healed? Do you have enough mana force to continue to search for the rest of your squadmates?" I asked both girls.

"Mana force? You mean mana." Sira corrected me.

"No, I am sure I said mana force," I scratch my forehead. why do they look confused?

"Zed. Mana force doesn't exist in this era. Force use to be an ancient type of magical source that the only beast could use. Force power was gained when beast devoured other creatures and the environment around them. As far as I see it, mana force is just a myth." Informs Sira as she stretches out her toned body.

"Althera you lied to me about mana force? How many things are you keeping a secret from me?" I demanded my A.I system index. No one else heard me speak inside of my mindscape.

"You believe the women who almost killed you? How hypocritical of you. In fact, up to this point, you have been a hypocrite. Living amongst humans as if they were your own kind. You are still a beast snap back to reality Zed. Or is that you're made up name? You don't even know who you are." Althera snarkily says.

"Really? What happened to you? You've changed ever since I've meet Healer Maiden and Sira. I know you are hiding something and I will find it out." I phase out of my mindscape and continue my talk with the girls.

"Do any of you have a system index screen that appears in front of you in a simulation form?" I inquired.

Healer Maiden and Sira both look at each other in confusion about my question.

"Um, Zed we don't use such a device. In Zareth we keep track of our growth, mission statements, and magical powers inside a mana-device called an augment in which the gods of Zareth have bestowed upon us since birth." Healer Maiden shows her golden staff and around it was a hovering barcode filled with micro information.

I knew you were lying Althera! The system index doesn't even exist in this world. You must be something else. I have to delete you before you keep feeding me lies.

"Say what you want. I am an old model after all. Of course, I told you half-truths. Because none of us are perfect. But know this…. You cant delete me. Inst it I who has helped you many times before? All your precious skills and level ups were my doing were they not?"- Althera pointed out.

I gulp and clench my fist in my mind. "Yeah, but I was the one who used those skills against my enemies I was the one who fought to survive! You almost let me die at one point when I ate those toxic slimes! I don't even know who I should believe in anymore!" My human soul-body walks around my dark and endless mindscape. It was like I was inside of a black hole.

"Zed are you okay?" Healer Maiden softly says. She realizes that I was zoned out.

I didn't answer her. I was still angered at the fact of being lied to by my own A.I system. I wish there was a way to reprogram Althera.

Persia slowly opens her eyes, "W-where am I?" Her head tilts my way. "Aaahhhhh! A beast! Where is my spear!?" She shrieks out. I am already used to this kind of reaction.

"Calm down Persia this beast is in our side. He has helped us to find you." Healer Maiden calms down her friend by pouring steamy hot water on her head. "The name is Parisa, you dolt! And I do not know what you speak of! This beast shall die!" She looks around for her summoning vials.

"Where are my elemental vials!? Where are my clothes!?" She quickly covers her tanned busty breasts with her forearms, her cheeks redden with shamefulness and embarrassment.

"You were taken hostage by goblins and orcs and have sustained grave injuries. I am healing your injuries by purifying this hot spring to enrich your body with mana and enough aura to restore you back to optimal health. This tentacle monster fought off and killed the goblins and orcs who captured you, this witcher named Sira helped us in battle as well." Healer Maiden informs Parsia as she gently touches her shoulders with reassurance in her voice.

"A beast helping out a human?! Have you gone mad!?" Persia shouts and swims away from me.

"His name is Zed, there is no need to be afraid, he won't harm us." Healer Maiden replies.

"You even gave it a name! That's it I am getting out of this dungeon! It is driving me crazy!" Parisa starts to grip her eyes and she almost begins to cry.

"Just relax and rest. You have been through a lot." Sira touches Parisa's tanned cheeks to wipe off some dried blood.

"Don't touch me!" She snarls, her eyes widen and shake in disarray. I poke her in the head with my tentacle and she passes out.

I should have seen this coming. God knows what the savage goblins and orcs did to her in their hideout. The whip marks on her back can attest to that. So I knocked her out by using my bind skill to make her sleep on impulse.

"What did you do Zed!?" Demands Sira with a toothy growl.

"You guys should let her rest. Maybe when she wakes up she will feel less frightened and distraught." I said.

"Zed is probably right. Let's take her back on the shore and make a campfire." Healer Maiden holds up Parisa and lifts her up onto the shoreline.

Sira ties up her silver hair in a ponytail, "I think it's about time we got out of here. It won't be long until the goblins and orcs hunt us down for destroying their hideout base." She says as she stands up showing off her toned back muscles, around her neck was a glowing tattoo of flames and some sort of ancient pyramid symbol with claw marks slashing through it, that extended down to her left shoulders and waist. I didn't know Sira had a tattoo? It does make her look way more hotter than before. Ugh again with these sexual thoughts. I don't want to become a stereotypical harem male character.

She was right about the goblins and orcs hunting us down, I wouldn't be surprised if they were nearby. I take this opportunity to reveal the truth that I was once a human that has been reborn into a tentacle beast to Healer Maiden. I couldn't tell Sira because she was associated with the witcher's clan who hunt and kill beasts for a living. I knew this by scanning her profile when she first attacked me.

Suddenly Persia's hair starts to glow a bright aqua color when she was on the edge of the water. Her skin also changed to a bluish color. This all happen when she was fully healed and now resting.

I guess beautiful things do exist in this world I thought to myself as I gander at her otherworldly body.

"Persia is an Aquaris Elf!? Do you know how rare of a race that is!? Now we can certainly find the rest of your friends with her keen powers." Sira gasped and clenched her fist in a victory pose.

"Indeed she is. She didn't really talk too much to me when she was in my old squad, but her healing and summoning powers made me know instantly that she was an Aquaris Elf." Healer Maiden brightly smiles.

"What exactly is an Aquaris Elf?" I asked.

"They are a race of elf that is only born deep within the oceans of Zareth, in a kingdom known as Vatilia. They rarely rise to the surface land. They have potent water elemental abilities and are one of the most effective class of Summoner 's whose blood runs richly with elemental aura. My master taught me all about the creatures and races of Zareth. " Proudly says Sira as she glanced at her augment device which was on her wrist to check out her stats. She wore two black wristbands around her wrists, that were made up of rough tattered cloth kind of like a bandage.

"Parisa is a fine addition to our squad," I said as a took a glance over at her.

"Well, my health and mana are up and ready in top condition. Yawwwn-ah. I think I am going to take a much-needed nap." Sira places her jacket over her tone back and quickly gets dressed, "Just remember this is the last time you will ever see me like this Zed. I hate beast staring me like I am a piece of meat."

"Not much to stare at. Short stuff." I teased her. "Ya lucky that ya friends with Healer Maiden. Because if ya weren't I would slaughter you alive. Dirty Beast. Oh and just so you won't forget I am still keeping an eye on you. Do anything to my friend and I won't hesitate to kill you."

I roll my eye's and take another dive down the steamy crystal clear blue waters.

What do you know? Sira is still a bitch. Hold up… Am I alone with Healer Maiden? I go up to the surface and there she was washing her back and blonde hair near a waterfall. She then swims back to me. Good, I have to tell her the truth. I use my mindscape and bind skill and combine them together. This will make sure that no one else hears our conversation.

[Mind Chain Skill gained!] (Can only use for 3mins.Any longer and the skill causes damage to the brain)

"Can you hear me, Healer Maiden?" I said in a deep tone to gain her attention.

"Yes…But why does your voice sound distorted?" She mentions as she taps her fingers on her shiny pink lips.

I try to dodge the question I don't want her finding out that we are talking alone by a slight mind control spell.

"I want you to listen clearly to me. There is something important I must tell you."

"Um…Okay?" She whispers.

"You see I was once a human that lived a normal life until I was killed by a freak accident. My mind, body, and soul was reborn into this tentacle monster's body. That is why you are able to talk to me. Because I am human just like you." I left the part of being from another world that is way different and more advanced than Zareth. If she figured out about that, then she would tell everyone that I am not from this world and they would hunt me down for my knowledge.

Healer Maiden paused for a second, her face looked beyond baffled and mind blown. Her facial expressions were off-putting.

"Is it really true? You are a human trapped in a tentacle monsters body? But how? And why are you telling me this?" She asks with surprise in her eyes.

It wasn't because I trusted her. I don't trust anyone so easily. Regardless of who they are. Especially in a brutal world like Zareth.

"I am telling you because I know you won't betray me. If you help me find a way to get my body back then I will keep my promise of saving your friends and getting everyone out of this savage dungeon.

Healer Maiden holds her chest, "I had a feeling that you were something special Zed. Deep down in my heart. If it weren't for you then I would have been killed and I never would have found Parisa nor would I have the chance to save the rest of my beloved friends. I humbly accept your truth and I will do whatever it takes to get your human body back!" She whole heartily echoes inside of my mindscape. I don't deserve any of her kind praise. I am not a hero.

Too bad I couldn't talk to her in my soul form. That would be the closest form I had to a human being. It would make her believe me more about my strange predicament.

"Good to know, but if you do betray me, there will be consequences. " I boldly said.

"I won't betray you no matter what. I give you my maiden's promise." She bows while floating on the misty waters.

"But um if you don't mind…Do you really come from this world? Or do you come from another one? And why are you not telling Sira that you are a human trapped in-"

"Now how about I give you a name." I interrupted her questions to avoid answering it.

" I don't think I deserve one…" She mumbles.

"Nonsense. I have one in mind. How about Violet? Since your eyes are purplish like a violet flower."

"I am honored, but I refuse…" She meagerly sighs inside my mind.

"Come on. It will be easier to call you by your name. Violet sounds like a good name for you. It matches your personality." I inched on.

"F-fine! I will accept it! I think it is a fantastic name!" She has an awkward smile on painted on her face, it was if nobody had ever given her a chance or a name.

"Are your wounds all healed?" She asks.

"Almost. I should be fine." I said as I released her from my Mind chain, a spiral of invisible chains swished and rattled away from her skull. I turn to look at Violet who is way too close to me.

"Let me finish my purification spell. It will be quick. We just need to bond are souls again." Violet grinds up my tentacles once more and her lips puckered for another kiss, however this time I feel something squishy and fleshy. My eyes rolled downwards and I see the unspeakable. Her white bra was floating merrily on top of the hot springs water and her massive bare shiny breasts were up against me!

"What's the matter?" Violet sweetly says with her eyebrows furrowed as her breast jiggle and suffocate my tentacles.

Holy fuck mission abort!

"Sorry I have to go somewhere! And train!" I sprang upwards like a rocket-ship and jump right on the shoreline then hastily escaped into the tunnels with the fastest scuttle I could muster.

I pass Sira on the way. "Where are you going? And why does Healer Maiden look so flustered?" She says.

"I am going somewhere to test my powers," I said without paying any attention to her.

"Geez what a weird beast. I wonder if I should still capture him?" Her voice echoes in my mind.

What the? Did I just read Sira's mind? Is this the abilities of my mind chain? No, it must be something else… I knew she still wanted to capture me! I am starting to think I shouldn't trust Sira at all. To her, I think the feelings are mutual between us. Whatever I will deal with this problem later, right now I need to check up on my stats.

------------------------------------------------------

Name: Zed

Race: Tentacle Monster Class: Morpher C+ HP:47/54 Shield:12

Level:5 Rank: Bronze Mana:16  Force:16

Attack:15+4[18] Cultivation Power: 5 Agility:4+2[6] Defense:13+2[15]

Magic:16+4[20] Intelligence:7+4[11] Karma:-1 Willpower: 10

[New Skills]

Tentacle Drill Tier 1 skill earned! Drill away at your enemies!

Freeze Blast Tier 1 skill gained! Freeze everything in your path!

Flame Tornado Tier 1skill gained! Burn your enemies into the wind!

[Evolution Bloodline]

Frost Yeti: Take the form of a yeti(Ice elemental ability gained)

Flame Ghoul: Take the form of a ghoul(Fire elemental ability gained)

Kobold Dragon: Take the form of a kobold dragon( Air elemental ability gained)

[Infinite Void Evolution Locked: Need more mana and higher level]

[Growth]: Body:[ Height:13ft , Width: 12ft] Tentacles :[Height 16ft]

------------------------------------------------------

So Sira wasn't lying. I now have mana and force split up, but both have the same number points. Althera you sly devil bitch. Dam that is a lot of evolutions to take in at once, I don't know how I should feel after taking all those lives. I mean the goblins and orcs definitely deserve it, but the ghouls were once human and I assume they were decent people before their transformation. So I get an ice and fire evolution, sounds like a deadly combo. I don't know what skill Infinite Void is, but I remember it appeared when I went on my killing spree and devoured the orc inside of my eyeball mouth. My magic is still at the top of my best attributes at 20 and my attack is a firm second at 18. The attributes I should improve on is my agility and intelligence, I guess stats are not so easily earned in Zareth. I have gained only 5 levels after defeating and killing about 17 enemies or more which were way higher levels than me during combat. Tch. I will take what I can get. I think a long meditation and cultivation spree will boost up my stats even more. I leave the hot spring and travel north to spend some time by myself.

What a past couple of days, hmm, How do I know it's been days since I was reborn? There's nothing in this cave that indicates night or day. So really how long have I been in this dungeon? That is truly a hard question not many will get. How does one? Figure out the day, time, and current time without any sunlight or a clock? Oddly enough my System Index didn't have a clock either.

"Althera do you know the time?"

"I am not talking to you. You don't trust remember? You think I am hiding secrets from you."

"I am still mad at you, but we need to work together if we are going to get anything done."

"Humph! You are lucky that you are an interesting person. I wonder why you didn't tell Violet that you were blind in your past life?"

"It's not something worth mentioning. Can you tell me the time already?" How the fuck did Althera know I was blind in my past life? She is just a system index. There's no way she can read my past memories.

"Am I afraid I don't know it. We have to be outside in an open environment where the sun and moon rise in order to calculate time."

I could only guess that I have been here two days since I have slept twice. With my thoughts and answers out of the way, I wanted to discover what was the powerful force calling to me back at the goblin hideout. It wasn't the yeti or demon orc. It was a different kind of reading. Like a huge spike of mana flowing within the cave walls and valleys.

My next mission was to solve where the mysterious force of powerful mana was coming from.

I will go alone.

________________

A/N: This chapter needs to be edited. Let me know of any grammar errors. Persia is the name of the dark elf so no one is confused as I misspelled it sometimes. Anyways there will be a voting chapter tomorrow. I will make another novel for the Metus Contest. Also, can you guys rate as someone is spamming 1 stars. Thanks. The more good reviews the more chapters! 

17