Chapter 22: Regret
699 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[POV Change] 

"Healer Maiden! Get up! Oh my god!" Cries out Sira as she holds on to her bloody body. Tears rained down from her eyes as she held Healer Maidens severely injured body tightly against her chest. "I can heal her! Stand back!" Persia pulls out a glowing dark red vial from her belt buckle, her long elf ears twitched up and down as she held on the vial. She knew how important this moment was for her. In her hands was the only magic that could save Healer Maiden's life which was being held by a thin thread.  The maiden's left eye was filled with blood and half of her skull was cracked from the inside. She could barely breathe and her body was twitching and shaking every second in horrendous pain. It's was too much for Sira to watch, she couldn't hold her tears back, she couldn't hold the hatred burning deep inside of her.

The betrayal of Zed made her guts churn and boil like a witches vile cauldron filled with wraths bane and demons eyes. Zed was the one who had done this to her only friend in this disgusting world filled with injustice and torture of souls. Sira would do anything to save Healer Maiden's life, even give up her own life. She would also do anything to avenge her fallen friend. Her own hands will slaughter the beast that Zed truly was, without a second thought.

Persia opens the vial, a popping sound echoed across the cave where the goblin hivemind once was. A sea of bloody exploded goblin fetuses could be seen scattered across the rocky grounds of the cave system.  Persia gripped the vile as hard as she could, like her status of being an Aqauris elf depended on it. Inside the vile was the blood of a legendary phoenix. Parisa cringed at the fact of using this insanely strong healing agent known as Phoenix's Rising on Healer Maiden. She wanted to use it on a more worthy healer of a higher status. What's more, she was saving the Phoenix Rising to save the life of a Hero or Legend. But right now, that didn't matter. She would lose all honor as an Aqauris Elf if she couldn't save one life. She failed once she won't fail again.

Persia aggressively grabbed Healer Maiden's throat in a choking motion so that she could open her mouth wide for the phoenix blood to enter. Healer Maiden gagged and opened her jaws by reflex, she was trying to look for any fiber of oxygen to enter her frail lungs. The phoenix blood slowly dripped down onto her blood-stained lips and then the phoenix blood flowed down her tongue. Soon the phoenix's blood made its way down her throat and inside of her stomach. A flaming orange and crimson aura illuminated around the outlines of her body. Her body was slowly being healed by the strong aura and manaflow that the phoenix rising contain. Suddenly in a flash, the bright red aura vanished. Like it was never there to begin with.

Healer Maiden lied lifelessly on the floor, drips of cave water fell on her forehead. "Sira…Persia…Zed…" She faintly mumbles as she coughs out blood.

"She's talking!" Sira runs over to Healer Maiden and goes to hug her. "Stop! It looks like it didn't-" Persia yells out, but Sira smacks away her hands and kneeled down next to Healer Maiden.

"Don't worry everything is going to be alright!" Sira gently grabbed Healer Maiden's hands in a caring way. She was grateful to the gods that her friend was brought back to her.

"Sira I am sorry… I should have never brought you here… I am sorry for putting you in danger… I failed to save my past squad…And now I failed you and our new squad… Persia you did your best to heal me…But I think it's time I rest...Sorry...Everyone…" Healer Maiden closes both of her eyes. Tears overflow her closed eyes. The stream of tears flowed down her pale cheeks and white tunic. It was her final words to her beloved friends.

"Healer Maiden!!!" Screams out Sira as she blasts into tears and held her dear friend's palm's tighter.

Persia fell to her knees and started to cry as well, "How could the phoenix rising not save her!? Why do the gods of Zareth spite us!" She howls with sadness in her opal eyes.

"Zed...I wonder if will ever meet again…" Healer Maiden wondered as her body went out cold and she loses all consciousness. In the end, the precious and gallant maiden who wanted to save lives couldn't even save her own life.

____________

A/N: This chapter needs to be edited. More chapters coming if I reach a 4-star rating. Anyways big cliff-kun, tomorrow I will post a huge patreon deal with 15+ advanced chapters the starting price may be $10 as this novel is an exclusive one also you will be the first to ever see the R-18 chapter of this novel! More good ratings more chapters. I will start posting the advanced chapters on my patreon now! Just click on the red patreon bar to see the tiers. 

9