Chapter 1 – Imprisonment
67 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My life was ugly, it was full of mistakes and assumptions. And my bold arrogance ruined it all, I thought I knew everything, every mistake was brushed off as not my own and every choice I made I treated with pride. I thought I was a being without flaw, a person above all others. I thought god treated me with favor, but I was wrong. I don’t know that I am, or the monster I am becoming. Being Chained up and left to die in a pit of darkness, forgotten by the very people I tried to save.   
  

I didn't know if it came gradually or all at once, but I started to notice the change after the fall.  

My once glass like hair was turning an ugly shade of green, my wings, the symbol of what I once was were gone. Instead replaced by hideous vulture like wings, they were mismatched and overgrown. Just looking at them made me realize how much I had lost. My once fair skin was now riddled with warts, my hands were slightly bigger than normal with long crooked fingernails poking out at the end.    

Time goes by and the change starts to get worse, I don't think clearly anymore, my thoughts aren't my own, they are bestial in nature; I am beginning to think like a predator, perhaps this is for the best, I can finally leave all my sins behind by becoming an abomination. But before I could finish my train of thought, I noticed a familiar presence, a light that permeated the great darkness around me.  

Angels.

They flew down like kings, moving with a grace I could never achieve again. “ΛZΛZΣΛᄂ” a voice called out to me, I looked up and saw Zerachiel , my once brother-in-arms call out to me. My throat was sour and unused for so long I wasn’t sure I'd be able to call out a greeting in return. A screech left my lips, and even I was surprised. I saw several angels take a step back in fear and disgust, I sighed internally. I looked at Zerachiel and he began to speak “he wishes to speak with you” and before I could show my surprise, I was pulled upwards by the legion of angels. Entrenched with my Chains, They Showed Visible effort lifting me up.
 
I don’t know how long we flew, but it was too short. I missed the feeling of moving, chained up and left in the dark for so long that even a single blink could take centuries. I raised up my arm and was surprised when numerous angels flew with it, they glared at me and quickly went back to their positions. Inwardly I pondered, how strong was I? I was no fool, I knew that not only my physical appearance had changed but something inside as well.  
 
Soon we arrived at in a place like no other, great Columns rose into the sky, clouds obscuring the rooftops. Waterfalls from seemingly nowhere descended all around, humans frolicked. And angels watched with a smile on their face, animals both land and air were roaming all about all occupying the same place.   

  

This place filled me with dread, on the surface it looked like a Paradise, but I knew it was something much more sinister. As we neared closer the angels started to slow down, then suddenly stopped. Zerachiel turned to me with a candid smile on his face and said, “for your sins, you cannot set foot in the sacred kingdom”, I grunted. I didn’t want to enter the killing fields anyway, too many bad memories lay there, and many angels hated me.  
 
“whoosh” a gentle wind almost too faint to be noticed. “ΛZΛZΣΛᄂ” an ancient voice , old beyond measure and wise beyond words surrounded me. I ignored it, I knew what was to come next “for your crimes against creation you have been sentenced to an eternity of silence”, “you are now the beast, damned for all creation". But before I could get a word in the angels let go, and then I closed my eyes and I fell for the second time since the day of Brahman.  

When I woke up, I was back in the pit, nothing had changed, save perhaps for me. I wasn’t scared or lonely anymore, I was angry and so I roared, I ROARED, louder than the concept of Sound itself. Little did I know I was shaking the whole of creation and the vibrations would carry out all through the multiverse.   
  

After I was done, I noticed the area around me had changed. The darkness that was prevalent had cracks in it, and if I would just reach out, I could escape. But something stopped me, it was the blasted chains. My main body couldn't leave the dimension but If I could send some of my essence out through the cracks, I could achieve at least partial freedom.  
  

2