Ch. 1: First day in another world
228 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Huh, my bed and night stand appear to have traveled with me. Strange."

Alright, if that voice in my head was real and this isn't a dream, it seems I have reincarnated into another world. Thankfully, I am an avid reader of manga and light novels with this exact premise, so hopefully this shouldn't be too hard and I will have some kind of cheat power like how it said it granted "my most recent wish." What was my most recent wish? I know I didn't wish for reincarnating, at least not recently, so... hmm. I guess there is only one way to find out.

"Status!"

 

Status

____________________________

Name: Asmund

Age: 18

Race: Human

Level: 10,000 (100,000 skill points remaining)

Affiliation: None

Occupation: None

Class: Commoner

Titles: ???

Skills: Swordsmanship, Hand-to-hand combat, Marksmanship, Inspect, Destruction magic (personal), Presence detection, Fire magic, Water magic, Earth magic, Wind magic, Nature magic, Light magic, Dark Magic, Space Magic, Time magic, Divine magic, Menu (hidden)

Bounties or Accolades: None

___________________________________________________________________________

"That's...honestly terrifying. I am guessing the destruction magic has something to do with the wish since it is the only personal magic." It also seems I have the same name as my character in Weapons and Magicka; let me check something.

"Menu."

That's cool, looks like I can auto-equip clothes I have in my inventory without having to actually strip down to change my clothes or put on armor manually. Not sure I should show my inventory in front of anyone though, just to be on the safe side. It seems I can also hide my status through the menu, so I will probably set my level to 10 to start with and lower my base stats to a reasonable level. I will also only show swordsmanship, marksmanship, Inspect, and my elemental magics plus my nature magic. Space and time magic, presence detection, and this Divine magic are things I will keep hidden, since I don't yet know how rare they are. Alright, now that those are hidden, it shouldn't be too difficult to stay low-key.

Also, what's the difference between the elemental magics and destruction magic? In the Older Scrolls games, all of those fell under the category of destruction magic. Oh well, I will figure it out later. For now, I should focus on surviving and getting out of this forest.

Now time to find some water and shelter, since I won't last long in a forest at night without some kind of shelter. Maybe the menu will have a map?

Of course it doesn't, that's great, so now I have to wander about randomly until I find something, or someone.

After putting my bed, end table, and my handgun in my inventory, which appears to be infinite, I start looking around for a river or lake so I could secure a water source. After about three hours of searching, I finally find a small river, water ambling slowly downstream. 

"Alright, finally got some water." I say to no one in particular. As I look into the water I finally can see what I look like, exactly like my game character. I am about five feet and 8 inches tall with short blond hair, a handsome and chiseled face with delicate facial features, and smooth, lightly tanned skin. I am currently still wearing my linen pajamas, but I could see in my inventory that I have my police duty uniform, police duty boots, vest, duty belt with my gear (and thankfully, my duty gun as well, so now I have two guns), My K-bar knife, and a pair of  cargo pants with a t-shirt and sneakers. It would probably be best to wear my work uniform and boots in case I need to get wet or dirty. I can always clean it later.

After changing into my new attire, I grab a handful of dirt and use earth magic to shape it into a cup and harden it, filling it with water from the river once I'm done.

"Alright, just going to purify the water with some magic real quick." I think it's usually light magic for purification.

Shing

Okay, that should do it. Slurp

*Cough cough* "ugh! That tastes horrible, I can still taste the gravel in it!" 

Maybe I'm using the wrong kind of magic. Light magic should realistically be for purifying the undead or other evil beings, not for purifying just anything. So...probably earth magic to filter out the gravel, fire magic to burn any bacteria while it boils, and a combination of water and wind magic to cool it down to a drinkable temperature since ice magic would probably just turn it into a solid block of ice.

Okay, done with that, NOW lets try it. Slurp

"Ahhh, much better. Guess I shouldn't rely too much on my knowledge from novels, they are just from writers after all, not people who have traveled to other worlds before.........."

Yeah NOPE! Not going to think any harder on that hahaha....

"Now for shelter I should probably use earth magic as a base and cover it up with nature magic."

Nice, a small clearing, only about a mile north of the river. Now for the magic.

Craaaack!!!!! Rustle rustle rustle

Ouch! That was absurdly loud, maybe stone wasn't the best material to use, but at least I have a base. The ferns and vines really help it blend into the forest, too.

Whenever I'm done with it, I will probably just leave it there for any other people who manage to find it for shelter.

 

After heading inside, it hits me, I have no furniture and nothing to eat for dinner tonight, and I am starting to get hungry. Alright, let's just make some furniture then. Some earthen food racks here, a nice wooden bench to relax on outside, a dining table for six with some wooden chairs, and last but not least, my bed and end table in the corner where I can see the door... I need a door.

There we go, all finished. Not the best since I have to physically move it, but it will do until I can figure out how to make door hinges. Now it's time to go and hunt. 

With my duty gun in hand, I head back south to the river, hoping the animals will soon come looking for a drink before nightfall.

After heading back down to the river, I notice that the water becomes calmer the further east it goes, so I decide to travel east, after putting a large rock I found at the location I should turn back north to head home. Finally, after heading east for about 2 miles, presence detection alerts me to a medium-size boar near the river bank up ahead. I had noticed some smaller game along the way, but I finally have something that will be worth shooting and can feed me for a while.

I decide to get up on a tree branch nearby, so I can shoot with a clear view and not risk getting gored by its tusks until I can take it down. I get right into position, the boar with it's side to me at a slight angle. I know not to shoot it's neck or head since it needs a lot of muscle there to charge with, if I remember right, the vitals should be just behind and below the front shoulder, so I aim there.

Bang! Thud

I...dropped that boar surprisingly quickly, even if I did shoot its vitals. How strong is my handgun now?

Inspect

Handgun: Glock-17 (Sacred weapon)

Ammunition: 16/17 (9 mm hollow-point)
Description: A sturdy, well made handgun that has been blessed by the gods as a sacred weapon that can slay most opponents with ease. More bullets can be made with divine magic.

A sacred weapon? I probably shouldn't use this in front of other people. Also, now that I check my other handgun, it's the same description but is instead an FN 509 with 15 rounds of ammunition. I will probably try to make a bow and arrow tomorrow and practice with that; maybe I'll even get a crafting skill or two.

After getting down from the tree and confirming it's dead, I get my knife out of my inventory and cut it open, beginning disassembly.

Skill gained: Disassembly 

Title gained: Hunter

Huh, that was pretty easy, and it says here that my knife is "A knife like no other in sturdiness and cutting ability." It certainly does feel smooth to cut with, I'll give it that. Guess I will put points into disassembly until I max it out like what my other skills are at.

Seems like it only takes ten points to max it out...I have way too many points to be reasonable, holy shit. I also might as well apply the hunter title as my primary title since my only other title is question marks.

 

After draining the blood, disassembling the boar, and washing the meat and my hands I put the boar into inventory and start the trek back home. It looks like it's about 17:30 right now and I should probably get home by around 19:30, so I will probably have to make an indoor fire near my window.

 

Alright, I am finally home, and not a moment too soon since the sun is starting to go down. Thankfully, I still have some twilight left to gather some wood and make my fire outdoors.

Actually I might just make my own firewood since I have nature magic, let's see if it works.

Growth! 

A decent few logs of wood pop up, but are a bit green still, not good for firewood. Hmm, lets try something else along with it.

Dehydrate, age one year.

Hah, looks good. All the water is out of the log and it now looks like it was in storage for a year. This should make some decent firewood.

Crackle crackle crackle

The nice orange flames of a fire, the beautiful sound of nocturnal nature, and surprisingly few predators. I could get used to living here, and maybe I should, at least for a while. City living has certainly been stressful, and you can never see the stars as much as you can living out in the countryside like this.

"Alright, time to put up a light-magic barrier around my house and another one around the campfire to prevent a forest fire, and head on to bed."

10