6 months later
147 5 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been about 6  months since I first came to this other world, and I haven't really done much other than eat, sleep, hunt, and practice crafting things. I gained numerous other skills that I decided to max out since I have plenty at hand, including tree-running, running, survival, crafting, and Spearmanship. As one of my titles suggests, I decided on the spear as my weapon of choice to avoid standing out with a handgun in another world. The spear I have right now is a simple stone spear with a wooden handle and some hemp-rope  to tie it down.

While being out here so long, I have come to realize that I am a little lonely. It is fun being out here without the craziness of city life, but I do miss having at least some form of human interaction. So, I think it's about time for me to pack up and say goodbye to my cozy forest home to try and find some civilization. I will be leaving it as is so I can come back to it at any time or allow others who might find it to use it.

--------------------------------------------

It's been about 10 hours since I left, deciding to follow the river towards the East, and I have found a decent sized lake. I should wash off, eat, and get some sleep...

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! HELP ME!!!"

"Well... the stereotypical damsel in distress cliché, what fun." I grab my spear and ready my handgun at my side in case I need it.

 

As I approach the direction of the scream, which I believe is North of the lake, I see a young girl about 10 years old running from a giant wild boar that's about 7 feet (2.3 meters) tall. This is probably not going to end well for my spear, no matter how well made it is. 

"Oi! Jump to the side!" I ready my Glock, tossing my spear aside. 

Bang bang bang bang bang!

Five rounds sent out as she moves out of the way, each of them hitting their target center mass on the boar. 

As the rounds hit their target, the boar stumbles and falls to the ground, skidding to a stop only 2 feet away from me. "Whew, that was close. First time I've seen a proper monster in a while, I usually can only find their tracks. Now, where is that girl?"

"Umm, mister? Thank you for saving me, might I ask who you are?" She asks, looking nervously between me and the boar.

"The name is Asmund, you alright? Where are your parents?"

"Thank you, Sir Asmund, I will not forget this favor. M-My parents are at our mansion in Soldatenhafen. I wanted to leave the house for a while since I am never allowed out, and they had finally approved, but this happened..." She is one nervous girl but still impressively mature, but I can't really blame her for being nervous since she almost died just now.

"You are quite mature for someone your age, and you spoke of a mansion, are you some sort of noble?"

"Ah, yes my apologies, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Lady Annalise Grace Rommel, Second daughter of Duke Alfred Edwin Rommel."

"Ah, I am not a noble so sorry if what I say comes out a little rude."

"Ahh, no no worries Sir Asmund, I will not tell anyone, although many people would be hard pressed not to notice..."

"Um, alright then, I am a bit lost as well if I may admit, do you know the way out of these woods?"

"Well, sir, I do have a map since I was excited to leave the house, but I don't know where we are."

"Alright, well may I see it?"

"Of course, Sir Asmund."

(Map is supposed to be here, inset image function not working, please help)

"So, you are from the Western Empire? You said your parents are in Soldatenhafen, correct?"

"Yes, that is correct Sir Asmund."

"Alright, we will figure out where we are first thing tomorrow and head that way. Here's a blanket, I'll keep watch for the night. Also, stop calling me Sir Asmund, just Asmund is fine."

"...Thank you, Si-Asmund..."

"Yeah, no problem, get some sleep."

 

A.N.: Hopefully this gets published by the 11th, if not, just know that's when I set it to publish (exactly 6 months from the release of the last real chapter). Please let me know in the comments how to improve, since I know my writing is not the best. Also, sorry for the short chapter.

How was the writing for this chapter?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
4