Prologue
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The heaven shakes, and the earth rumbled, the wind howled in the sky. The sky that used to be clear and invincible was now in tatter, collapsing under the pressure of fate and those abominable being.

The whistle of magic bullets and arrows as the bolted in the sky was heard everywhere, accompanying those who step their feet on this accursed land. The sound of explosive magic was heard about, and the crisp sound of metals clashing with metals was spread throughout the battlefield.

The country once hailed as Heavenly Land was now rotting and on its way to ashes. The river, which used to be the source of livelihood, was now a grim reminder as the clear water was replaced into the blood.

Here, in the frontlines of Eden amidst the sea of cloud stood Lucien. Cloth drenched by his enemies' blood, myriads kinds of weapon fragments were embedded upon his flesh, making a river of blood from his own body, a proof of the deathly battle he just went through. But despite that, his body is still upright as if he was unaffected by his various injuries.

The spear which had been accompanying him throughout this insensible world was now dancing lightly in his hand, furiously stabbing into his enemies' body, leaving trails of bluish-jade neon light and dozens of corpses riddled with holes.

Dozens of spears simultaneously summoned around him, wrapped with jade-colored light, and rained upon his enemies.

Alarmed, those creatures tried to shield their body by creating a makeshift shield from their own Qi, but it was a futile effort as the thing that greeted them was not only one spear.

Like rain dropping from the sky, those spears summoned by Lucien accurately and continuously rained upon his enemies and virtually wiped most of them.

Feeling that his intuition warned him of impending danger, he deftly stretched out his left hand and opened his palm, instantly a hexagonal emerald shield was formed. Not long after that, black light with supersonic speed struck the shield violently and made his surrounding dimmed slightly. Meanwhile, the enemy’s reinforcement tried to ambush him. The keyword ‘tried.’ As in retaliation, Lucien calmly gathered the Qi from his body, compressed it, and formed a jade-colored spear filled with potent Qi. He threw the spear to the right side of the army with an impeccable aim, and the spear pierces through deep into his enemy's rank.

SWISH!!!

BOOM!!!

The explosion from the spear created a chain reaction in the form of a vicious storm made of sharp blades of wind and tearing the enemies trapped within.

Soon, the hexagonal shield which holding up the blacklight was quickly filled with crack. Lucien already teleported to the blacklight source before the shield broke, far into the enemies' rank and far from the frontlines. Just as Lucien stepped his foot into the ground, a giant sword was already above his head, hitting him.

He spun around, evading the attack gracefully while brandishing his spear toward his enemy and bisecting them by the waist. However, even though they were severed into two by the waist, the enemy’s arm, which brandished their sword, didn’t stop and still targeted Lucien’s neck.

Rousing his mana and controlled it accurately by dividing them evenly to his whole body, Lucien ducked his body slightly to dodge the incoming sword, and then he stomps his foot and...

BOOM!!

With an explosive sound, his spear and his whole body shot forward.

A thrust.

A beautiful and clean spear thrust pierced the head of that creature.

As if delaying a single second was a sin, the moment his spear pierced through the creature’s skull, Lucien immediately pulled back his spear and started to relentlessly brandish his spear, twisting it, and formed a storm of Qi blades.

When he felt that the Qi he had accumulated in the storm was enough, he began to compress the vortex into his spear, then threw the spear far into the sky.

Swoosh!!

 

As the spear bolted to the sky, the entire battlefield become silent as a bone-chilling pressure began to spread through it. When the spear has penetrated the 40.000ft mark from the sea level, it erupted outwards, expelling all-annihilating Qi and then transforming into countless small particles that spread throughout the air.

Jade Emperor’s Forbidden Divine Art: Rain Of Separation.

The sky painted with an aurora as those countless particles scattered across the sky and making beautiful scenery. Alas, the onlookers feel different as those particles descended from the air; they quickly transformed into hundreds of thousands of spears and rained on the battlefield.

After this rain of spears end, true silence descends onto the battlefield. Organs, bits of fleshes, and blood splattered everywhere. It's not exaggerated to say a river of blood was formed.

The formerly endless waves of enemies were forced to retreat temporarily.

With this, my mission was completed, for the time being, that was what he thought. But unfortunately, fate didn’t allow him to rest. Before he could sigh in relief, a gigantic space fissure appeared in the sky, and in a matter of seconds, a giant hole was formed in the sky.

From the hole, a giant creature appeared. Simply put, this creature was like a massive lump of fleshes made from piles of corpses from various races, and then those corpses were pressed together, hence forming a deformed living meatball.

Beast, Giants, Angel, Elves, Demons, and various unknown creatures are piled up inside that thing, an abomination at its finest indeed.

Gazing at the sky, he could only laugh bitterly.

“Look and behold, the ‘Divinities’ of this world. Absolutely useless gods with their inflated egos and retarded way of thinking, rather than being useful reinforcement for humanity, they end up as fertilizer for enemy instead. Way too fucking useless indeed.”

Seeing the appearance of this Fallen Deva, Lucien was reminded if not for the initial help from them. Humanity could be the first race to be eradicated from this earth, but ironically, the overall number of survivors would not be this few if not their stubbornness. Alas, the die is cast, and time cannot be rewinded. Though not all of those divinities were arrogant retard, the majority of them was.

Shifting his perspective slightly, he saw pillars of light exploded upward from the center of Eden. Those pillars indicated that there is still a chance for humanity to survive and become a signal for Lucien to retreat. But seeing the appearance of this abomination in the sky and considering how high the possibility of something to fucked up, he came into the conclusion that his mission is not over.

“Sacrifice one to save ten, ten to save hundred and hundred to save thousand. Heh, I didn’t expect the day I followed the principle of that guy has come. Whatever I don’t have a home to return anyway.” 

Eyes fixed on that abomination. Slowly but surely, his gaze changed into that of a madman, but he did not go on a rampage like earlier; instead, he waits patiently like a wolf waiting for his prey to make a mistake.

And soon, his patient was paid.

Wuo ------ouhhh!!!

The moment that abomination fully descended to this world, Lucien lifted his spear high, then stabbed it into the ground. The spear slowly phases into the ground, accompanied by small ripples of waves that spread through the battlefield and the spear's disappearance.

When the spear fully submerged, the battlefield has disappeared along with the object on it, except for Lucien and the beast above. 

Here, miraculously, a clear blue sea that reflected the sky appeared.

Sensing the impending danger that pointed at them, the creature rampaged in the sky and stretched countless black tentacles toward Lucien. 

But, as if the sky-blue ocean that appeared abruptly has miraculous power, no matter how much power they employed, those tentacles cannot reach even a single hair of Lucien.

Indifference was all written on Lucien’s face. He raised his right hand, with his index finger pointed at that beast, and chanted softly.

Jade Emperor’s Forbidden Divine Art: Reverse Side of The World

Hundreds of thousands of spear’s blade connected with chains slowly emerged from the ocean's surface, in a blink of eyes, launched themselves to that beast and followed by their chains.

Those spear’s blade forcefully pierced the special defenses commonly possessed by being of divinity, wrapped themselves, and stabbed themselves into that beast's body. As the sky was filled with the light emitted by those innumerable chains, Lucien began to move his right hand to form a Primordial Rune in the void.

At that moment, a gravitational force that cannot be explained by words appears and causes all laws, both magical and non-magical, to become chaotic and drawn toward the depth of the ocean as if the seemingly shallow sea could swallow all those things.

The chains on the beast’s body forcefully pulled the creature toward the ocean's surface, and not long after that, the creature’s body began to sink into the sea.

In the void, a Primordial Rune, which could roughly be translated as ‘Seal’ floated freely. With a single tap, Lucien pushed the rune toward the beast, who is currently struggling to free themselves from the gravitational pull of those chains and the ocean.

When the rune hit the beast's body, it transformed into an illusory spear symbol with twelve black wings that adorned both sides of the spear. As the rune completed its transformation, the beast's movement becomes sluggish, the twelve wings that adorned the spear begins to wrap themselves into the beast’s body. The illusory spear gradually becomes more and more apparent, and finally formed a giant black spear pointed at the creature.

When Lucien’s hand finally pointed down to the ocean, the black spear came down and pierced the beast and effectively accelerated its death.

After the last howl from the beast, its movement ceases entirely, and finally fully submerged into the ocean, forever disappeared from this world.

With the beast's disappearance, slowly but surely, the ocean began to shrink and turn back into a jade spear.

Gone were the creatures who terrorized humanity, replaced by the burning flame of humanity’s spirit. With this, the damage incurred by humanity was substantial, and most likely, it’ll take several months or even years for their enemy to continue their invasion. By then, mankind would have left this ruined planet and began their journey to search a new world for them to inhabit.

Mankind, for the first and final time, can push back the waves of the enemy. All thanks to one man.

But in this proud moment, Lucien couldn’t hear anything, nor could he see the result of his effort. He found it laughable; he was in the middle of the battlefield, after all. His vision grew darker and darker, split, and overlapped into dozens of images before abruptly turning black completely.

He knew, for sure, that if he used those techniques with his condition, the only result for him was certain death. Like a bursting dam that failed to contain its water, his Qi began to leak from his body. And soon, even the feeling of pain became faint.

Death.

Truthfully, even he, who hailed as the Corrupted Emperor, had a certain amount of fear toward death. Still, as time went on, coupled with the tragedy he had experienced, all of that fear began to fade, and the only emotion he felt at this moment was liberation.

And soon, his body turned into ashes carried by the wind, and begin his new journey in new life and a new world.

 

1