When the demons comes while you sleep
822 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dark blanket of darkness occupying my whole room signals to me that it's still night or very early in the morning perhaps 1 am or 2? I would like to know but I can't move. Panic starts to build up from within, I tried to keep my breathing steady and calm but I'm already starting to hyperventilate. Finally, with an arduous effort, I took a deep breath and that somehow helped with my nerves.

Still, my only issue now with this is that I still can't move. Could this be sleep paralysis? I don't know. I mean sure I get nightmares and night terrors but I never had sleep paralysis. That's the only thing I was ever thankful for. So this morning a coffin and now this. Great.

Peering down just below my eyelid, I gasped in shock and almost choke on my saliva. At the foot of my bed was a silhouette, humanoid in shape and I feel like its staring at me. I tried to move to try just to get the blanket over me so I could have the comfort of having some sort of protection between me and this.. whatever it is.

The strange shadowy figure began to stir slightly, it didn't exactly move just sort of shimmer in place. I lay here mesmerised and so very much afraid. What even is it..? It feels demonic. Evil. I don't how I know.. I just do.

I could fee a blink coming and I was terrified of the prospect, somehow the words 'blink and your life is over' came to mind. That did not help in overcoming my fears, not a single bit. It's weird though, I mean it's just standing there and sometimes its form just shifts a little like a mirage but somehow it hasn't moved from the foot of the bed. The fact that it hasn't moved and killed me in the most horrific way possible doesn't make its existence any less frightening but still, you know. 

It's amazing how quickly a human mind can adapt granted your mind didn't break the moment you lay your eyes on this thing. I suppose I was already used to situations like this. Only in my dreams but that's got to count for something. Right?

I still couldn't move not even tilt my head or close my eyes, like my brain forgot how muscles work or something. I've been observing this thing and maybe it's just the fear talking but I think its female. Now that I had time to observe this.. whatever it is.. not like I have some sort of choice. I can sort of tell from its vague shadowy silhouette that it might be female or maybe I've lost my mind and my subconscious just didn't want to die a virgin.

Strange though the thought of my innocence being taken away by this creepy entity is far scarier that just it simply killing me. Maybe I am inside my nightmare and it all just feels so real.

Lost in my thought, I look up once again and my stomach drops out of sheer terror. The weird thing standing at the foot of the bed is gone. Where could it be? I could feel myself panicking again and my breath became shallow and frantic.

A deep sense of dread fill my senses. It's on the side of the bed and I could feel it; sense it. The deep terrying amalgamation of madness, darkness that makes it up its essence. This wait for my inevitable death is killing me. If I could somehow speak I would have just yelled for this thing to 'get it over with.' Somehow I believe that it will have an opposite effect. I think its torturing me, feeding on my fears. I shivered at the thought.

I stayed awake the entire night in that miserable state. Not like anyone can just sleep. I would tip my hat to whoever can achieve such a feat. When the sky outside started to brighten a little; it disappeared. Not before brushing its shadowy hand onto the side of my cheek; a threat I'm sure.

I laid there exhausted and absolutely drained. Now that I think about it, I have never ever since I can remember awaken at the crack of dawn. I tense for a second and steeled my resolve. I can move again! I breathe out the biggest sigh of relief. I was tempted to get some shut eye, I'm pretty confident in my ability to wake up at 8 am so I had no worries. I just wanted to get some fresh air first; to clear my head. 

In the back of my mind I'm thinking that maybe I'm going crazy, that this is just all in my head. It's weird that somehow that comforts me. The thing about madness is, you have a fighting chance some psychological and logical way to make sense of it all but if this is not a figment of my imagination then..What?

Call in the ghost busters? The Winchesters from supernatural?

I laughed at that thought. I know I should be panicking do something drastic like move out of the country but I shrugged my shoulders. I just don't want to think about it right now. I opened the windows and smiled as the cool breeze hit my face in comfort. I looked outside to find my back garden, the ground laden with cement and a basket ball ring just at the edge. A dying apple tree that's always been there, a tree planted by the previous owner or so I've been told I didn't really care, as far as I was concerned, if the tree didn't bother me then I wasn't going to bother it.

I just wished this weird apparition has the same thought process as I have. Maybe it has as so far I'm not dead; just absolutely terrified. Then there's still that coffin in my living room. I dread going down there. Just the thought of it sitting there occupying a space in my living room terrifies me. Still, I glance at the clock at my bedside table. It read 5 am. I sigh and trudge slowly towards the bed I hesitated for a second the terrifying incident from earlier still fresh in my mind. Beggars can't be choosers I hear myself say inside my head. My mind feels groggy and heavy and at the moment I need sleep to actually function. I have a job to get to after all. 

**

I'm awake and right on cue its 8 o'clock in the morning. I sat up slowly and just sat at the edge of the bed with my feet dangling. I look back at my pillow longingly and just gave a sigh and stood up with a yawn.

I was determined to not enter the living room and just have my breakfast somewhere else Mcdonalds perhaps? I haven't had Mcdonalds for about a year now and I can still recall their egg mcmuffin was to my liking. Splashing my face with cold water from the bathroom sink in a further attempt to refresh myself. I wiped the majority of the water off my face and glanced at my reflection at the mirror. Reflected at me was the image of a young man in his mid twenties sporting a tired face, stubble growing sporadically on my face and I could even spot eye bag because of the lack of sleep from last night. Black hair strewn about and dishevelled. I always liked my hair long so it was no surprise that it was almost at shoulder length and I tend to tie it up most of the time so it doesn't get in the way.

**

It was around nine thirty by the time I went inside the factory. My shift starts at ten o'clock and ends at six in the evening so I still had time to spare. I look around seeing familiar faces I greeted them with a curt nod. I suppose you could say I like to keep my own company, its not to say I can't interact with people I'd just prefer not to, drains me somehow. So I walked up to an empty table and sat down I rested my head using my arm as a pillow lost in my thoughts, thinking back to the days where I was actually happy. 

I don't remember did I ever smile? How do you even smile?

I sigh and let the memories of the past drift away from me. 

28