Deal With Devils
547 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Night falls upon Kouh Academy and while all the students and faculty have already left one girl remains. This girl is Rias Gremory, president of the ORC. She's currently behind her desk filling out paperwork. Sure this club is just a front for the supernatural activities that her and the rest of her peerage due but it's still a club the school monitors and pays for, so she still needs to provide the school with the proper paperwork. However, this week she found herself falling behind on said paperwork.

Leaning back in her chair Rias sighs as she looks at the small stack of paper. "I know there's not much to do, but why do I have to give so much information," Rias complains as suddenly hears a knock on the door to the club. "Who on earth could that be at this hour?" Rias asks as she stands up and walks toward the door. Looking through the small peephole Rias sees Zato standing on the other side of the door. Slowly opening the door Rias looks at the white hair delinquent and speaks in a mildly confused voice. "Zato? What are you doing here and at such a late hour." Rias asks as Zato sallows and grunts before speaking

"In popular media devils are known for making deals. Is that true or is it like that half-goat thing?" Zato asks still sounding reluctant to even continue the conversation.

"Actually that's one of the few devil traits that the media got right. However, I must ask, what makes you ask such a question?" Rias asks as Zato kicks a small stone off the porch and releases a heavy sigh before speaking again.

"Ok then, why don't we make a deal then." Zato says with a mix of confidence and reluctance in his voice.

"A deal?" Rias asks. She's honestly surprised since after what Zato said about not wanting to join her peerage she assumed they would never speak again outside of school. However, he's here now, the only question is why.

"Yeah, a deal. What do you say." Zato replies as he looks into Rias' eyes.

"It all depends on what the deal is," Rias tells the Demon of Kouh. "We can discuss the details inside," Rias explains as she fully opens the door and lets Zato inside. The two walk into the main room of the ORC and take a seat across from each other. The only thing between them is a wooden table. "So, let's start this by having you explains what exactly this deal will entail," Rias says as Zato leans back on the couch he's sitting on.

"Well, a couple of fallen angels kidnapped a friend of mine. I tracked em down and scouted out what I can only assume to be their base of operations. An old abandoned church in the forest on the outskirts of Kuoh." Rias nods her head but doesn't speak since she can tell there's more to this request than just this. Seeing h0w was more than capable of easily handling one standard fallen angels, it stands to reason that two would be little more than a hassle. "However, while scoping out their base I felt more than just two people, I don't know the exact number but there's a lot of them. However, if this even counts as good news, there are only four fallen angels. The rest are humans." Zato explains as Rias nods. Crossing her legs and folding her arms, the redhead responds.

"Your request is certainly different than the ones we usually get. However, it's not outside the realm of possibility." Rias says as her eyes narrow in on Zato. "So in exchange for our help what will offer as your part of the deal?" Rias asks. "Just know it must be equal to the services we'll be providing," Rias explains as Zato leans forward.

"Well, I remember you mentioning something about a peerage. It was a group or something right?" Zato asks as Rias nods her head to indicate he's correct. "Ok then, what if I agree to become a temporary member of your peerage if you help me get my friend back, alive." Zato offers as Rias raises an eyebrow at this proposal.

"Temporarily?" Rias questions

"Yeah, seeing as how this deal will probably only last tonight, me becoming a permanent member wouldn't be very fair," Zato says with a smirk

"I see your point but how long would you be part of my peerage?" Rias asks as she waits for Zato's offer. She knows to let him make the first offer so she can negotiate with him and possibly get more time if it doesn't line up with what she'll really need his help with.

"Well, why did you ask me to join your peerage?" Zato asks as Rias looks a bit shock that Zato would ask a question that has nothing to do with the conversation at hand.

"I already told you. I want to make sure you're safe and protected from those fallen angels, but I don't see how asking me this correlates with the conversation at h-" Before Rias can finish Zato stops her before leaming in a bit closer.

"Rias, I can tell your intentions were pure when you asked me to join, but I could also tell you weren't tell me the full truth. Now look me in the eyes and answer this question, why did you want me to join your peerage?" Zato asks as the human and devil lock eyes before Rias answers.

"It's a personal matter, but to put it simply I need strong allies in order to get out of a less than wanted arrangement," Rias explains as Zato nods his head.

"Alright, help me rescue my friend, alive, and in exchange, I'll temporarily join your peerage at least until this personal matter of yours has been resolved. Oh, before we finish one more thing, I don't want to be a devil, keeping my humanity is very important to me." Zato tells the king before he stands up and extends his hand. "Do we have a deal?" Zato asks as Rias stands up.

"Well, your condition at the end may take some time, but it should be doable." Rias takes Zato's hand and the two shake on the deal. "My peerage and I help you rescue your friend and in exchange, you'll join my peerage until my personal matter has been taken care of." Zato nods and with that, the deal is made

The scene changes to a dark forest as Zato, Kib, and Koneko walk through it slowly approaching the old church. "So there are four fallen angels and a known number of humans?" Kiba asks

"Pretty much," Zato says as the three arrive at the church and Zato walks straight up to the front door.

"So do you want to?" Koneko was going to ask if they wanted to use stealth but Zato kicks the door right off its hinges, sending it flying into the darkness of the church. Zato then walks in and looks back at the two devils.

"You two coming?" Zato asks as he continues to walk, Koneko and Kiba following closely behind.

"Well, well, well. We meet again. However, I see you've allied yourself with the filth of the earth." Freed says as he reviles himself. He walks out of the shadows laughing as his sword begins to glow and he sticks his tongue out at the human, devil team. However Freed's laughter is cut short as Zato appears in front of him, the red-eyed boy's fist an inch away from the mad priest's stomach. Them in an instant Zato delivers a powerful one-inch punch to Freed's gut. 

The priest's eyes widen as he's blasted back. Drops of blood fly through the air as Freed gasps for air. Zato moves his gaze away from the injured priest and looks toward the ground. "I sense crapload presences below me, I'm willing to bet at least two of them are Asia and Raynare," Zato tells himself as he kicks the wooden stand hiding a staircase to the basement away he looks at Kiba and Koneko. "I'm leaving the priest to you two, don't die," Zato tells the two as he runs down the staircase. 

Kiba and Koneko look at each other in confusion due to how easily and fast Zato had dealt with Freed despite being human. However, Kiba quickly summons a sword to his hand a cuts an incoming bullet out of the air. "That brat is so annoying." Freed growls as smoke resonants from the barrel of his gun. "Once, I kill you two I'm gonna shove go and my sword right up his ass," Freed says in anger and annoyance

"Gross." Koneko bluntly states as she and Kiba charge toward the priest. Koneko quickly grabs one of the seating benches and hurls it at Freed, who swings his sword down, cutting the bench in half. However, this left him wide open.

Kiba attempts to take advantage of this opening but the priest isn't new to combat and as Kiba's blade approaches him he aims his gun at the sword before firing a bullet. The bullet hits Kiba's blade giving Freed just enough time to parry the blade. As the two clash, Kiba's blade turns black and Freed's once white blade begins to turn back into a normal sword. "What the hell is this shit?" Freed asks as he pushes Kiba back.

"My Holy Eraser absorbs light, pretty hand when fighting someone like you," Kiba smirks as he runs at Freed. Looking behind him Freed also sees Koneko charging him. Reaching into his coat pocket Freed pulls out a small ball and throws it on the ground. A blindly flash of light fills the room forcing both Koneko and Kiba to shield their eyes. Once the light is gone Freed is leaning on the open door frame. 

"I was paid to only distract you, that fallen bitch never said how long I needed to. Plus dying doesn't really go with my eyes. So I kill you all later, ok bye." Freed says while waving before running off.

"After him! He's to dangerous to get away!" Kiba shouts as he and Koneko give chase to the insane priest

Deep in the forest behind Rias and Akeno teleport in front of three figures seemingly waiting for them. Two of which are the fallen angels Zato had told them about, Dohnaseek and Kalawarner. Rias smirks at this since before the group arrived Rias proposed the idea of her and Akeno slitting up from the group to scatter the fallen angels. She knew that some of the fallen angels would move to counter the strongest people and make sure they don't come close to the church.

"Well, I didn't expect that little pest to seek the help of you filthy devils, Speaking of which is he with you? I would love to get even with him for how he embarrassed Raynare." Kalawarner says while sitting on a tree branch.

"Saves us time. We get to kill two birds with one stone. Since that human is definitely here." Dohnaseek explains while adjusting his hate. "Let's get this over with."

"Hello, there fallen angels. I am Rias Gremory and this is my territory. While not only trespassing in my territory you've had the nerve to attack innocent people that posed no threat to you. You don't deserve the offer I'm about to give but I'll give it to you anyway. Leave my territory and never return and return the person you kidnapped and I'll let all of you leave with your lives. If you don't your lives are forfeit."  Rias explains to the fallen angels as they all smirk.

"Do you honestly think you can take the three of us? You're funny." Laughs a blonde, short fallen angel dressed in something akin to a maid's dress.

All three fallen angels fly into the airt and summon light spears to their hands before launching them at Rias and Akeno. Suddenly a bolt of lightning comes from the sky and not only destroys the light spears but also strikes Akeno. Changing her school uniform into the outfit of a priestess.

"Usually I like to make my opponent's death quick and painless, but for pests like yourselves, I'll make an exception. Akeno, have as much fun as you'd like." Rias says as she lets her power of destruction show itself as a red and black aura around her body.

"Ara Ara aren't you feeling wicked tonight. Well, I'm not gonna turn down a chance to play like this." Akeno says as she licks her lips.

At this site, all three fallen angels gulp seeing that they were the ones who bit off more than they could chew when challenges the next head of the Gremopry clan and her queen, the sadist Priest of Thunder.

Back in the basement of the abandoned church. Zato kicks another door off its hinges and sees Asia chained up to a cross. In front of her is a small army of people in black cloaks "Ok, that's just fucked up," Zato says as he looks at the horrible sight before him

"Well, you've finally arrived," Raynare says as she walks out from behind the cross. "I had originally planned to track you down and show you your friend's dead body before killing you. However, you've saved me the trouble." After saying this the black-cloaked figures all turn around to face him

"Let her go, now," Zato says with a growl.

"Gladly the ritual has already been completed," Raynare says with a smile as a bright green orb leaves Asia's body. Once the orb leaves Asia lets out a scream of agonizing pain. Pain that transcended human comprehension. 

"Asia!" Zato shouts as the chains holding Asia to the cross disappear and the young nun starts to fall toward the ground. However, before hitting the ground Raynare catches Asia before tossing her body toward Zato. Acting quickly Zato catches her, she feels cold and is slowly losing what little body heat she has. Unannounced to Zato, Raynare grabs the green orb and begins laughs as she allows it to go into her chest.

"The power of Twilight Healing is mine!" Raynare laughs. "And the greatest part of all is that I get to watch that little nun die and then watch you die." Raynare chuckles

"Die?" Zato asks as he looks down at Asia who's looking at him with eyes she's struggling to keep open.

"A sacred gear is connected to one's life force. Remove the sacred gear and the holder of it dies. So no sacred gear means no more living, simple as that." Raynare arrogantly explains "And with the power of Twilight healing I'm unkillable." Raynare summons a light spear to her hand and uses it to make a small cut on her arm. Then it glows green before being completely and instantly healed. "I can heal from anything!"

"Z-Zato." Asia weakly says as Zato's eyes widen as they dart toward Asia

"Asia just hang on ok. I'll get you out of here." Zato tells the nun.

"This isn't your fault," Asia explains as a shacky hand moves upward onto Zato's cheek

"What are you talking about?" Zato asks his voice having a hint of sorrow within it but it would be hard to hear the faint hint of sorrow.

"You told me that you felt as if when people left or were hurt around you, it was your fault. This isn't your fault. You couldn't control any of this. You couldn't have stopped me from being born with this power, so it's not your fault." Zato could feel Asia's hand slowly moving down his face. "I know I said I'd never leave you, but looks like this is the last time we'll get to see each other, Goodbye." Asia smiles as her hand falls to the ground and her eyes close.

While holding Asia's limp body, Zato remained silent. "How cute, I was almost brought to tears," Raynare says with sarcasm. "Kill him," Raynare says as all the cloaked figure draw either daggers or swords and rush toward the delinquent. Zato slowly and gently puts Asia down on the ground before standing up straight. Then something strange happens, a sudden flash of black engulfs the room that lasts for a fraction of a second. Once that flash is gone every single cloaked figure is gone, with a trace. 

"The hell was that?" Raynare asks herself as she looks at Zato. "It doesn't matter, those were nothing but cannon fouter. Whatever trick he used on them won't work on me." Raynare tells herself with an arrogant smirk dressing her face.

"That power, you said it heals you right? " Zato asks emotionlessly as he gently lays Asia's body down on the ground

"Yes it does, so with it, you have no hope of defeating me!" Raynare laughs

Suddenly Zato appears in front of her. His eyes seemingly glowing a bright blood red. Those same eyes filled with flames and those flames fueled by anger. "Does it negate pain?" Zato asks through his teeth and he sends his fist rocketing forward at speeds Raynare had never seen before.

Hitting the fallen angel in the stomach a loud crack fills the room before the fallen is sent rocketing upward through the ceiling and into the main floor of the abandoned church. Hitting that floor's ceiling she falls to the ground with a thud and proceeds to cough up blood. "This can't be. W-with that single punch, he broke... my ribs. Every last one." Raynare says as she glows green. She soon hears the cracking of stone and her gaze now shifts toward the staircase leading to the basement. It was too dark to see down completely but Raynare could see two glowing red eyes fixated on her.

Now completely healed Raynare spreads her fallen angel wings before turning away from the eyes. "Lucky shot but you won't be landing another," Raynare smirks as she takes flight but before she could get even five inches off the ground she feels a deadly tight grip on her leg. Looking down she sees Zato, his face void of emotions but his eyes still glowing red hate.

Slamming the fallen angel to the ground Zato then proceeds to slam his foot down on the center of her stomach. Raynare grits her teeth in pain, Zato then speaks. "Running away? Where'd all that ego go?" Zato asks as he grabs Raynare by her face and lifts her up. 

"Let go of me, you bastard!" Raynare shouts as she tries to free herself from Zato's grip. When she's unable to free herself she brings her hand to her side and summons a light spear. She then thrust it toward Zato but the spear stops a mere inch away from Zato's chest. The fallen angel's eyes widen as she sees Zato gripping her wrist, stopping her spear from moving.

"Really? Really?!" Zato shouts as his grip tightens and from that tightening grip Raynare's wrist is crushed. The light spear vanishes and Raynare screams in pain as Zato drops the fallen angel to the ground. "You honestly thought that would work!? In what idiotic thought did you think that something that pathetic would work!" Zato shouts as he kicks Raynare in the side. 

Raynare looks up at Zato in fear. How could this man be a human, no he couldn't be, right here and now Raynare saw Zato as one thing and one thing only, a demon, no a monster. "Come on, you said that sacred whatever can heal any wound, So hurry up and heal, heal so I can hit you again. I'm gonna put you through double the pain you put Asia through." Zato says as he stands over Raynare.

Raynare attempts to flee but Zato grabs her hand and pulls her toward him. Zato wraps his other arm around Raynare's head and knees her in the face while letting go of her hand. Her nose is bent to the left and two teeth land on the church's floor. Blood drops join the teeth as Zato hits Raynare with a powerful right hook and with that he follows up with a straight left. Pushing the fallen angel back against the wall. Then Zato delivers a barrage of swift and powerful punches, each one more painful than the last. As the punches just keep coming blood splatters on the wall like paint and Zato's hands slowly become a crimson red. As a dash of crimson lands on Zato's face he kicks Raynare in the stomach causing her to vomit up blood. Zato grabs Raynare by the neck before lifting her up from the ground. His grip her neck bearly allowing her to breathe.

"P-please no more," Raynare begs as Zato's grip only tightens

"Begging? Did Asia beg too?" Zato asks as Raynare's eyes widen in fear. "I figured as much and I'm willing to bet you just laughed in her face as she begged for mercy?" Zato says as he smirks. "So what makes you think I'd show you even a shred of mercy?" Zato asks as his grip around her neck tightens

"P-please don't kill me," Raynare begs her once arrogant tone now reduced to the tone of a scared child.

As Zato's gaze burned a hole through her, all he does is shakes his head as a loud crack fills the church. As Raynare falls the ground motionless Zato walks down the stairs and vanishes into the darkness of the basement.

11