Chapter 0
7 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CheesePowder

The Bayani - Isaiah

==================================================

Chapter - 0

Isaiah Petre Dragovitch sat under the shade of a cherry tree that was situated on a small incline, overlooking the beautiful village of Jishi which resembled an Edo-period Japanese village.

Over yonder, men and women do their business, some are farming while others bring sacks of rice or piles of wood over to the village storehouse.

There were also those who were knitting nets while others were preparing to sail to catch fish though some were just milling about, trying to socialize, or to look for things to spend their money on.

But there was a peculiar difference between the villagers and Isaiah, and that Isaiah was human, the villagers, well... they too were human but not so much.

Kitsunes, Fox-men as they say.

Fox ears on the top of their heads instead of their sides and fluffy golden brown or black tails on their backs, Kitsunes. Such beautiful creatures.

Isaiah was sitting cross-legged, meditating, which he finds hard to do so.

Breathing slowly, he tried to focus when suddenly he heard footsteps behind him. His ears perked up and when he turned around, a smile arose from his lips as a pink-haired female Kitsune slowly approached him.

A gentle and warm smile rose up from her lips as soon as he saw her, with a basket in her hand she quickened her steps.

Isaiah stood up to meet her but as soon as he blinked, the scenery suddenly changed.

Gone were the peaceful and quiet village of Jishi, the sun had sky had turned golden-yellow while the field before reeked of death as thousands upon thousands of dead fox-men lay before him reaching as far as the eye could see, in their various colorful armor and weapons scattered about, their faces in deep horror and pain.

If one were to look closely, you could see that they all died from affixation or choking as their face, lips, and fingertips were all blue, devoid of oxygen.

It was utterly heart-wrenching.

Is this an omen? A sign of what's to come?

Maybe, it could be...

Isaiah sighed to himself.

Soon, distant war cries could be heard as the sound of the thunderous approach of more men came

It was war, a costly yet bloodless one.

 

2