Chapter 21: Surprise Attack
798 3 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wandless magic wasn’t actually about casting spells without a wand, there was no need for there to be a class specifically for such a thing. Instead, it was about controlling your magic power. Villin was already quite skilled at the subject thanks to his practice of Cut and Crease the class was extremely simple and interesting to Villin. He did complete a few assignments within the class itself gaining him thirty magic crystals.

If it were yesterday, this would’ve made him ecstatic, but it wasn’t of huge importance to him right now. What he cared about more this day was casting Reverto. It was ninety minutes into the class when he finally managed to connect the final nodes, casting the spell.

A light blue smoke immediately erupted from his wand, it spread out much like a shield would in an instant forming a spherical form of one meter in diameter.

This was obviously noticed by the teacher and a few students but as the teacher promptly continued teaching the students also looked away. This was actually the best thing he could do. Right now Villin was going through a form of enlightenment similar to the first time he cast Illuminatus.

He felt the connection between the nodes and treasured it deeply, he was connecting with it so that the next time he would be able to cast it for sure, and more quickly at that.

After twenty minutes Villin opened his eyes, he was happy the teacher didn’t seem too offended that he was busy doing something else in his class, but this probably also had to do with him being able to use some wandless magic already.

During this entire time, there was a single person that kept staring at him. And even now the red-haired beauty was staring at him very intensely. During the final ten minutes of class, Villin put the Reverto spell on his wand so that he would be able to cast it instantly once.

Now it was time for the ‘Combat Classes’ class, the final basic class he had yet to have. Thus far he was extremely satisfied with this magic school. Even though he already knew a lot of what the teachers had been saying they still explained things properly. Seeing the high quality of teachers here he could only wonder what the Class A teachers would be like.

Entering the combat classroom Villin was about to look around when he felt some sort of tingling on his legs, he felt a great amount of magic power was going toward them and in an instinctive reaction he jumped up.

He had only just done so when a large rope of flame appeared, slashing toward the legs of all the entering students.

There were a few others like Villin who felt something amiss and jumped up, Kayley being one of them, but most students got hit and fell to the ground.  

Villin immediately grabbed his wand, ready to cast Reverto when needed. And indeed a second attack soon came. Villin felt the air before him contorting and so he jumped back, standing next to Kayley. The other three standing students also grouped together. Just as they had done so ten balls of flames appeared. Every person had a fireball going for their chest and legs. The speed at which they came was also extremely fast making dodging an extremely difficult thing to do. 

Both himself and Kayley jumped up, trying to get over the fireballs, but just then another fireball appeared before each of them, since they were in mid-air it was impossible to dodge and so Kayley reached for the fireball with her left arm trying to minimize damage.

As for Villin, he didn’t hesitate to use his wand’s saved Reverto spell. A shield made out of blue fog immediately appeared before it got hit by the fireball spell. Immediately he felt a great amount of his magic power being fed to the spell as it tried to contest the fireball.

To others it would seem as if the fireball had just paused when it reached the shield, staying absolutely still for about a second, after which it turned around and shot back to the position it had appeared from with half its previous force.

Yet the danger wasn’t averted yet, Villin noticed the spell had been enough to take out Kayley as she fell to the ground, but when he landed onto the ground safely he despaired. Both in front and behind him, three fireballs had appeared cutting off his routes, other than this, two fiery ropes were heading for his legs.

Now he could only do what Kayley had done, minimizing damage. He jumped forward with his hand outstretched heading straight for one of the fireballs, hoping to take the hit and land safely. Yet as soon as the fireball touched his hand he fainted.

When he woke up he heard a man laughing jovially. “Looks like this class has even more geniuses than my previous one, was exciting!”

Villin woke up groggily as he looked around. Laying all around them were the other students, all of them in the process of waking up just like himself.

Standing a few meters before them was a very burly man with a silver robe. He was looking right at him with a grin on his face.

When a few seconds had passed and the students were now standing up, the man finally spoke.

“Welcome students to combat classes, my name is Pompei, and don’t any of you dare to call me professor or anything.” The man used his hands a lot while speaking and seemed extremely outgoing. “Last year I was teaching the fifth grade Class A but a few incidents occurred so here I am!”

Villin had fully woken up at this point and was frowning, their attacker earlier should’ve been this teacher before them yet none of them were hurt at this point. Actually, when he recalled the fight earlier he realized none of those that fell down had any visible wounds. At the very least he should’ve noticed when Kayley fell down.

“I must say I am quite impressed five of you managed to overcome stage one, one of you even managed to overcome stage two, it seems I underestimated Grade 1. I’ll be sure to go extra hard on you all!”

As he said that he threw over some crystals. The trio that fell by the first two fireballs got a piece which he estimated to be worth twenty magic crystals. The piece thrown at Kayley was quite big being worth around fifty while he himself got a hundred magic crystals.

Villin felt stunned now. Even though he had gotten a lot of magic crystals recently he still knew how hard it was to get them normally. To most students getting a hundred magic crystals in a month was considered good.

He fed the crystals to his crystal holder quickly before looking at the classroom as a whole. It was an extremely large classroom with two large rectangular boxing rings, about a hundred meters in length each. The floor was a magical white and instead of ropes on the sides, there were translucent barriers that they could faintly see.

For some reason the fact their teacher had tested them in the way he did and the setup of the class made him feel very excited and fearful at the same time.

27