Chapter 27: A Dream
758 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a worried heart, Villin decided to awaken the nodes required for Drowse. This wasn’t too big of a challenge as the spell only consisted of seven nodes and none of them were that big of a challenge. Barely two hours had passed when Villin successfully cast the spell for the first time.

A blue streak came out of his wand and shot forward, hitting the wall. The spell was relatively fast going at about twenty kilometers an hour (or around fifteen miles an hour). 

He practiced the spell a few more times and this time around there was something new he had to take into account. He had to aim the wand exactly at the place he wanted the spell to go when the spell released.

Now, with this spell in particular, Villin was extremely interested in what the effect would be if he cast it without a wand. He figured there was a decent possibility the spell would be cast onto himself and he’d fall asleep, so since there wasn’t a big risk he got to work on that.

Casting the spell wandless was hard, extremely hard even. He thought it would be like the other times but even after four more hours, he hadn’t managed to cast the spell. Thus far he had been able to connect five nodes, so he had two more to go with the final one naturally being the toughest.

And so decided to go to bed. It was now that he had his first proper dream since he reincarnated. He was standing within the hallways of the school, he even recognized the location, it was a location relatively close to the ‘Combat Classes’ classroom. The lights were somewhat dim and the air felt dull. It was as if some of the school’s energy had been sapped and the stones no longer created as much light as they did.

To his left was Amelia. She had her wand out and was looking at the ceiling nervously. Just as Amelia yelled something and tried to dodge, the ceiling collapsed and they both got crushed underneath tons of stones.

When Villin woke up he was sweating immensely. His entire bed was wet and he felt extremely dehydrated. He stumbled out and grabbed water out of his chest gulping it all at once. “God”

Villin felt a shiver going up his back. He didn’t know how to describe his dream. It felt real, yet so fake at the same time. He leaned against one of the walls in his room and calmed his breath. After calming himself he figured the dream was probably a figment of his nervosity. 

He had been so nervous with everything going on, his dreams had even turned to nightmares. Villin did some basic fitness to calm himself down fully and then he continued on with his last day’s experiment. After another hour he managed to connect six of the nodes wandless but then he stopped since he didn’t want to risk falling asleep if the spell backfired.

And so he simply practiced casting Drowse with a wand for the following hour. Then it was time for class. Today was Saturday and so they had ‘Rune Magic’, ‘Wandless Magic’, and ‘Magic Arrays’.

Once the ‘Wandless Magic’ class was over, Kayley went toward him. She still looked a little out of it but it was better compared to the previous day. “Here you go Villin, I expect to get this back Monday.”

She said in a somewhat icy tone as she gave him a packaged book. It was wrapped in brown wrapping paper so he couldn’t see the title, but of course, he already knew what it was.

“Same with this one.” Villin said casually as he took out a book himself, this was the Drowse spell blueprint, the name of which was also concealed. They both handed each other their packages and headed toward their respective rooms. As soon as Villin arrived at his room he unpacked the book. It was indeed the third-grade’s book on the process of wand-making.

Similar to things such as Magic Arrays and Enchanting, wand-making was an elective and not a very popular one at that. Villin was extremely happy he got this book, it was rather large but he didn’t worry much about it. He simply started going from page to page without reading, using his photographic memory to its fullest.

He wouldn’t properly understand the book yet but he could always read it mentally at a later point. Once he had gone through the entire book she put it aside and went to the chapter pertaining to the materials and form or wands. What he found there made him ecstatic.

The materials consisted of a simple list. There were some kinds of magical wood and certain rare metals that could conduct magic well. Which one of these you used had very little importance. The difference between the best and worst material on the list was a loss of ten percent magic power. Even though this amount couldn’t be said to be small they were between the two extremes.

The form was what was truly important. There were a bunch of guidelines one had to follow when creating the form. The reason why almost every wand looked like a sleek stick with a somewhat pointy edge was simply because it made it so that the spells would be as controlled as possible.

With this form, the spell practically always came from the tip of the wand. Most spells would shoot out of it guaranteeing speed. The information he got was truly good news for Villin’s plan. Even though he planned to dabble in wand-making, he would still wait with that for a while. Right now it had just been to confirm something. He had already decided that if he got to meet a talented third-grade wand-maker he would commission them. This would probably cost him many magic crystals so he had to be careful so that he would have enough.

Then it was time for his first ‘Magic Array’ class. When he thought about the sort of Magus he wanted to become, being able to make magic arrays was essential. If he ever got a great base somewhere he didn’t want to have to depend on other mages to defend it. He wanted to be able to make the defenses himself.

And so, he went ahead and entered the classroom in high spirits. Not expecting in the least to meet someone that could be considered an ‘absolute freak’.

A/N:

Hey guys, what do you all think about this new synopsis? Lemme know in the comments!

A magical school. A talented boy. Things should've gone perfectly, a talented magus should've been created within the walls of this school. Yet it is now, now that he is here that all these horribly dangerous events transpire.

Traitors of the continent are hidden within the school. Mage supremacists are making their move. Schools will fall and cities collapse when the events begin unfolding.

So what will become of this boy, wanted by both groups? Will be perish under their manipulative hands or will he rise and bring magic society to a new high?

22