Chapter 32: Three More Spells
742 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Villin asked the question he expected Amelia to tell him it was some sort of enchantment or secret technique, but he was wrong. 

“Oh, well there is a cafeteria in room A73. Contracted create food and the like there before sending it to the students using the mailroom next to it. In there are a bunch of boxes filled with formations. When the formations are activated the food gets teleported. I’ve been using a stealth spell to go in and send messages, if you got there before three o’clock the chances of anyone being there is nearly none. Of course, you also need to get passed the door but I’m sure you’ll find a way if you look for long enough!”

Amelia winked at him as she turned to some other people in the room that came to her to ask questions about the given spell modes. After all, Kay looked extremely stern and most would classify Aria as some sort of freak due to her self-caused appearance.

Villin thought about it for a while. It sounded like the stealth spell wasn’t necessary but more of a precaution, one that Villin also wanted to take if he ever needed to send messages or items that way. 

He walked toward the equipment that had appeared and inspected it, joined by a number of other ‘club members’. He overheard a conversation here and there and quickly realized the average intelligence of the people here was quite high. No matter what nobody here acted like a nine-year-old. Even when seeing them as 14-year-old as the appearances suggested, they were still very intelligent.

He couldn’t help but let his mind wander, he wasn’t sure if people would get smarter as their magic powers increased but if they did then there was a truly good reason for the powerful to be in charge.

After about ten minutes of observing the equipment, Villin left the room. He headed straight for the library this time. After ignoring the number of crystals he still had to pay the wand-maker Villin only had slightly above four-hundred crystals left.

He asked the contracted in charge of the library to filter the spells in a few ways. Firstly he only wanted spells discounted due to usefulness. Secondly, he only wanted attack spells with less than seven nodes, stealth spells costing less than a hundred crystals after the discount, and utility spells that are purchased all the time.

When he walked into the room this time, the number of spell blueprints was extremely little. Most attack spells had more than seven nodes, certainly those marked with a discount due to usefulness. Stealth spells nearly never got marked as useful since they were somewhat frowned upon and overall, most people in the first grade focused on getting some offensive and defensive spells, ignoring utility.

Seeing the thirty spell blueprints before him Villin fell silent for a while as he inspected all of them. He wanted an offensive spell that could actually properly harm people instead of just causing them to fall asleep, one that he could cast near-instantly, and after a while, he found one that suited his taste.

‘Icy Pike’

The spell only had five nodes making it quite easy to cast. The only reason it wasn’t att that popular was that with some people one of the required nodes was dark-grey. If it was, there were few people willing to risk trying to awaken it, leave alone cast the spell. Villin decided to take the gamble since there were no other offensive spells here that fit his requirements.

As the name suggested your magic would form a pike made of ice above the caster’s head. When the spike hit something, not only would it stab deep into the target but it could cause hypothermia or slow down the enemy. Other than this the spell only cost 160 crystals due to the limited amount of people that could learn it, with the discount this turned into 80 crystals.

The second spell he chose was a stealth one. Costing exactly a hundred crystals after the discount was ‘Chameleon’. Once you cast this spell you had to stand for two seconds as your body would seem to merge with the environment, making it very hard to be distinguished. The spell did have eight nodes but Villin was sure he could master it.

The third and final spell he bought was ‘Cold-Blood’. This utility spell seemed quite useful. The odd thing about it was that it couldn’t be cast with a wand as it wouldn’t do anything in that case. Villin felt surprised the school would actually mark a spell like this as ‘useful’ as wandless casting was more popular on the western continent.

When you cast ‘Cold-Blood’ it would last for a day. On this day you would be able to deal with extreme temperatures more easily. Even though you wouldn’t be able to stand next to a volcano and not die, you’d be able to go through a normal desert a lot easier.

Villin decided on this one as he wondered if it would help defend against spells such as ‘Icy Pike’. Even if it couldn’t, perhaps it would be possible once you changed a node or two. This final spell had a total of seven nodes and cost 70 magic crystals after the discount.

In a single day, he had gotten four new spells, causing his total amount of spells to become seven. Even though it wasn’t much, he hoped these spells would help him built a bit more stable of a foundation.

And so, he headed back to his room. The first spell blueprint he opened was the one of ‘Icy Pike’, he was extremely nervous as he looked for the nodes in his own web, hoping none of the nodes would be dark-grey. Seeing that they weren’t, Villin grinned with excitement. He knew he would be busy with these spells for about two weeks and so he didn’t hesitate to begin working on awakening the nodes required,

21