Chapter 34: A Serious Fight
637 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as Villin got to the third-grade wand-maker area, he noticed something was going on in front of him.

“We are proud students of this school! How dare you make some shit like this you treacherous scum!”

A loud voice of one of the parties involved reached his ears and Villin got a bad feeling about the whole situation. “I make whatever the hell I want to make, who the hell are you to say I can’t make original wands you bastard!”

The second voice was one Villin recognized, it was the wand-maker he had commissioned the previous week. He quickened his steps so that he could see what was going on. A few other people also seemed to be looking in the same direction but most of these seemed more annoyed than anything else at the commotion they were causing.

“You! I’ve tolerated you for long enough Raphael! I will not allow you to continue sullying the reputation of our school!”

Villin now saw the parties involved a dozen meters before him. The wand-maker called Raphael was standing behind the same stall as last time but his face was red and he looked furious. On his table were a multitude of different objects. There were a few simple knives, a walking stick, a nail, and a number of other, miscellaneous objects. But the most noticeable was a pair of gloves in the middle of the table. They were sleek red gloves that would reach up to one’s elbow.

On the other side of the table was another boy. He had blonde hair and his robe also indicated he was of the third grade but his wand looked extraordinarily simple. The quality seemed to be even worse than a first grade’s wand. Villin immediately knew these two men were opposites. One didn’t care in the least about how a wand looks, only caring about power, while the other one was the opposite, only caring about looks even if the wand’s power suffers.

Normally, even if the wand the conflict started with was commissioned by himself, Villin wouldn’t care. But this was quite different. This time around Villin knew his ‘opposition’ was correct. Making a wand that looks like a glove can be seen as traitorous, not to the school but to the continent. Even though casting spells wandless wasn’t forbidden as that would be too big of a handicap, it was frowned upon if you did it too often since this was what those on the western specialized in.

It would only become a real problem if you specialized in wandless casting. For someone to commission a wand in the shape of a glove, this was a clear insult to their culture. As for making a wand like this? This was even worse!

In some of the other schools on the continent, a student could be put to death for doing such a thing. Villin knew he had to do something this instant. If this fight kept going and more people got involved, he wasn’t confident the wand-maker wouldn’t say he was the one who commissioned it, then he could also be in a grave amount of trouble.

Yet he was too late to stop the matter from escalating. After the blonde boy said his line he grabbed his wand and pointed forward.

“EEK!”

Villin saw Raphael jump aside in a panic, scared out of his wits, it was clear he wasn’t a fighter.

But the blonde boy wasn’t aiming his crooked wand at him, instead, the point was aimed at the pair of gloves. Before casting a spell he looked at Raphael one more time “You fool, you should know I’m doing you a favor here!”

After saying that he started casting his spell “Grashga-”

Villin saA second after the boy started casting, Villin got to him, with full force, he slammed into the boy’s shoulder. At this point the spell he had been casting got sent out, it missed the gloves and the table for that matter as the spell shot forward toward one of the spectators. 

The spectator was a second-grade student who had been talking to some of the third-grade students nearby, asking what i going on. He was still in a fairly good mood when he suddenly saw a bright red streak heading for him. He froze up instantly as he saw death approach, his face instantly got pale and his lips quivered.

When the spell reached an inch away from the student’s face, a student beside him had just managed to pull out his wand, he used a saved spell instantly as a white line shot out of the wand instantly, it looked extremely thin but moved at incredible speed, reaching the red streak nearly instantly. When the red streak was hit it paused for half a second, in this time a third student managed to quickly pull down the second-grader who instantly fainted, then the white line faltered and the red streak shot further, hitting another wooden stall. 

As soon as the wooden stall was hit it melted away, it looked as if the wood was put into a vat of acid as it instantly rotted and in a second time close to a square meter of the table was gone as the spell’s effect concluded.

The blonde boy who shot to the spell had fallen to the ground after casting the spell due to Villin’s push. When he saw the route his spell took he also paled considerably realizing that if his spell had hit the boy, death was extremely likely.

It was only when the spell’s effect had worn off that he realized what all had happened, he had been pushed, that was the very reason this all had happened!

He felt as if fatigue overtook him at that moment, he just wanted to sleep but he gritted his teeth to look up, he wanted to know why someone had pushed him. Yet when he looked up all he saw was a wand, and then a blue streak as he fell asleep.

Villin was breathing heavily as well right now. He had just almost caused a death. If that one boy who cast the white line out wasn’t there, someone might’ve died. Once the spell was cast Villin was shocked for a second before he used Drowse twice onto the blonde boy he had pushed, after the second cast, the boy promptly fell asleep.

Everyone’s minds were in disarray. Some people were checking up on the second-grader who had fainted due to shock while a few others checked on the boy Villin had put to sleep. The entire area was in chaos and everyone seemed to forget what the original fight was about. Nobody blamed him for knocking the blonde boy out with his spell either as he was the one that cast the first spell and he wasn’t hurt.

Raphael had already gone up to his table as he was packing his things, he didn’t feel like selling anything else today. When he saw Villin, he left the gloves on the table, he then walked next to him before stopping and looked the other way. Villin was about to ask what he was doing when he noticed a crystal holder in Raphael’s back pocket. He quickly took out his own and paid the second half of the price.

After this Villin quickly went up, grabbed the gloves, and left the marketplace, right now most of the people around the area had just arrived so they probably wouldn’t think one of the gloves was a wand. The commotion was growing bigger and bigger and if this was in the normal parts of the school a teacher would definitely have gotten involved at this point.

Once he got to his room, Villin fell onto his bed, he was sweating bullets as he realized what had all happened. “God fucking damnit, someone nearly died!”

19