Chapter 56: Richard’s Assistance
487 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Villin, Kayley, Rein, and Amelia were now all standing in the classroom, somewhat unsure of how to continue. After about a minute Richard, who was in the middle of the classroom, spoke up.

“Alright kids, it’s time to say exactly what is going on in the hallways, who is attacking the school?”

Now that their teacher asked them a question Villin and Amelia naturally responded. They explained to the rest of the group everything they had seen on the way. With a wave of his hand, Richard caused a map of the school to appear on the ground allowing the two to properly show where they noticed collapsed ceilings. 

The two didn’t really have all that much information, the most valuable bit they had was the color of robes the enemy students had, this allowed Richard to give them some information.

“According to what you said, the enemies should be of the second or third grade of Decorus indeed. Decorus is a school that heavily focuses on bloodlines. It even has captured multiple creatures strong enough to turn into a human form then they use these to conduct experiments, trying to add bloodlines into as many of their students as possible.

Decorus is a school that pretty much only cares about increasing combat prowess as quickly as possible. Therefore the art of ‘Vitalising’ is very popular with them. The golems and pixies are some examples of Vitalisation.

Decorus’ graduates have the highest chance of becoming a noble, those of the school who go to any sort of military occupation also have the highest survival rate. If it wasn’t that ‘The Academy’ has thaught all of the three strongest Magus of this era, including the current Decorus headmaster, the school’s number one status might’ve been in jeopardy.”

Villin nodded as did the others, they were waiting for Richard to continue speaking.

“Since the school is under attack by them there is little chance we will be able to fend them off. You all are lucky you found me, as a teacher who used to be the top student I happen to know a secret exit.

It’s through the ‘Room of Horrors’, Kayley knows the way. My only request is that you take my core with you, you should also take the spell models I have in my class, it’s better you all take them than those from Decorus.”

Without delay a closet started raising out of the ground on one side of the classroom, meanwhile, in the center of the room, in the very middle of the magic arrays, the floor was opening. It revealed a small secret compartment with a pitch-black crystal. As soon as Villin touched it Richard disappeared, he stored it in his interspacial bag before everyone headed toward the closet.

Inside were about half a dozen iron spell models, they grabbed them before deciding to head out of the door. Right now wasn’t the time to look at what they had gained, this was the time to try and survive.

Before going through the door Rein took out a few pills handing them around “This will help you see through the smoke.”

These words were enough to convince everyone to quickly take the pills. Villin immediately felt a second ‘kind’ of vision. He couldn’t just see the things before him but he could also ‘feel’ them it was an intoxicating feeling, but not one he had the time to enjoy.

Everyone quickly followed Kayley out of the door, Amelia also knew the was but decided to hang at the back, in case they got attacked from behind. As for Villin, he was just behind Kayley, once more having cast Sheldium and the wandless Reverto. He did notice his magic power was getting rather low though. He probably wouldn’t be able to recast the spells after another fight.

Even though Rein had told them the black smoke went far, none of them thought it would go as far as it did. They had to run for two-hundred full meters before being able to escape the smoke, and they entered safely, there could’ve been a dozen ways for them to exit the smoke so they would’ve been really unlucky if their enemies guarded this exit.

Kayley ran further and further away from the dormitories, at first they still saw a collapsed ceiling here and there, probably other entry-points. And even though Villin considered going up through those, he decided to trust their magic array teacher and follow his plan.

After a bit there were no longer any signs of enemies, the walls around here also still healthily illuminated the hallways, if anyone was here when everything was happening they might not even realize the school was under attack.

After a bit longer they arrived at their destination, what else could it be but a pitch-black door with an eerie look. Even though it looked scary it was still a really well-made door. There were realistic-looking skulls inlaid at the sides of the door while the main part looked as if it had some faces in various shades of black engraved on it.

The door opened with a simple push, and everyone entered, Kayley had warned them not to pull out their wands, saying it would only make things worse. When they entered through the door they felt as if they had walked into an endless black void. And as soon as the final person, Amelia, in this case, entered, the door behind them closed and disappeared.

Now they could only see the endless black void around them. Villin saw Kayley shiver a bit after they entered, it looked like she had some bad memories from this place, and soon they all found out why.

Far in front of them, floating in the endless darkness, was a mirror, currently turned away from them. Kayley tried to steady her breath before walking toward it. Along the way he could hear howls coming from the depths of the abyss, they sounded weird and incredibly uncomfortable.

When Villin finally arrived in front of the mirror, he was shocked by the face he saw staring back at him.

15