Chapter 72: An Unfamiliar Face
418 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finding a hotel to stay at was actually harder than they had expected it to be. Most hotels wouldn’t let them get a room because of their young age.

It took multiple hours and a dozen hotels before they finally found a hotel that didn’t seem to care. They paid for a full month with the plan of extending it near the end of the month.

The group’s room was on the second floor, they went on up and were pleasantly surprised by the size of the place. The room was obviously meant for a couple as there was only one double bed. Overall the room looked pretty nice, practically everything was made out of plastic but nobody really cared too much.

The room was a bit small for four people to stay in but it was better than sleeping in the car by a long bit. They actually had gotten enough money to be able to easily afford a single room for each of them but chose to stick together, this way it would be harder for them to get surprised by an enemy.

As for the bed, the occupants would switch between Amelia and Kayley, and Rein and Villin.

All of this was quite normal but something did happen when Villin entered the bathroom.

When he came in he saw a bath on the left side and a sink on the right, above the sink hung a mirror. Villin suddenly recalled something and swallowed heavily, he still had yet to see his face. Amelia and Kayley were standing just behind him and were also looking at the mirror from the doorway, they were thinking the exact same thing as Villin, they had no idea how they looked like now, Kayley had never even seen her face before as she grew up in a magus house.

As for Amelia, it had been a few years for her, she hadn’t seen herself since she awakened her magic which increased her age.

Villin was the first to walk up, and when he looked in the mirror he felt shocked.

The first thing he looked at was his eyes, they were blue and seemed to have some sort of shine in them. They seemed to be everchanging, Villin almost got lost in them himself. 

Looking up from his eyes he saw his messy brown hair, of course, he knew the color before but it was only now he saw it properly. He brushed his hand through it with a satisfied smile. His cheekbones were strong and his eyebrows fine.

Villin felt extremely good now that he saw his own face, he might be one of the best-looking people he had ever seen.

Then, he saw something else in the mirror. Just to the right of his own face he saw another one. He saw the long curly brown hair going down the sides of her face, her lips were a soft pink covering one of her eyes. The other eye was a beautiful blue, somewhat similar to his own, the glasses resting on her nose didn’t make her look less charming at all. The girl looked smart and her eye showed a great amount of courage. Furthermore, after looking at herself, she looked at him as well, through the mirror.

The girl next to him was, of course, Amelia. Villin looked at her attractive lips once more before looking to the right, he looked at her face straight on and she did the same.

Villin could see a fire in her eyes and he took a step forward, moving one of his hands onto her cheek, he could hear her breaths quickened and he just started moving his head toward her when they heard Kayley’s shout. 

“CAREFUL! THE MIRROR!”

The two of them instantly took a step back and looked at the mirror drawing their wands. Something seemed to be churning within the mirror, a black dot was zooming across, quickly increasing in size. After a few seconds, they could tell it was actually a person that seemed to be heading straight for them.

They all waited nervously with their wands drawn but after another dozen seconds, they recognized the person. It was the zombie-like teacher, Richard. After a bit longer he arrived and he flew forward until his face nearly covered the entirety of the mirror. The group then heard a raspy voice come from him.

“Cover the mirror, or the dead will come.”

That was all that needed to be said, Villin quickly grabbed a towel from the rack in the room and properly covered the mirror.

Other than this there were no other incidents. The group settled down and finally truly allowed themselves to react. They listened to some music on the radio in the room and slumped down into the couch.

After relaxing for a bit Amelia and Kayley retreated to the bet while Villin and Rein slept on the couch.

After a good night’s rest, the group looked a lot more lively and happy. “Alright people, let’s see what we got out of The Academy now shall we!”

Villin felt excited on this day as he thought of everything they had gotten. There were the spellbooks from Richard’s classroom, the spell books from Lord Roland’s house, the wands, magic stones, and what all they had gotten from the school’s treasury.

They had yet to look at most of these things as they hadn’t had the time, everything had been extremely chaotic up until now.

First, they laid out the spell models they got from Richard. There were half a dozen of them and all of these were made out of iron, meaning they could all learn them.

The group looked over them and found they all had to do with magic power and intent. Both things needed to properly make magic arrays.

There were two books, in particular, Villin immediately gravitated toward. One of these was ‘Mental Technique: Extend. But surprisingly when he opened this spell blueprint, the spell wasn't there. Instead, there was a bunch of text. Once he started reading the pages he understood why. This book didn’t hold an actual spell but instead a technique of how to properly control your magic outside of your body using your mental strength.

In short, what the book explained was the following: Normally when you reach outside of your body it becomes harder to control and the pure magic power will continue dissipating. The book explained how to connect one end of the magic power to the mind as a whole as a way to connect it to the magus in a proper manner. The magic power will still feel a great connection to the magus similar to when the magic power was within the magus’ body.

This made it so that the magic power would no longer dissipate and you could properly control it. Of Course. there were limits, if you truly started going far with your magic power the connection would still weaken.

The second book he was truly interested in was the only other one that wasn’t a spell, it was called ‘Mental Technique: Search’.

This book seemed to be a continuation of the previous one he read and explained how to envelop yourself in your own magic power without losing magic power. If used properly a Magus could always have an area around them of two meters where they could sense everything.

9