Chapter 87: A Confrontation
368 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Villin and Amelia looked content once they finished picking their classes. The process was pretty straightforward as the grade-holder simply asked them which classes they wanted to attend and then for the first month’s payment.

Villin opted to go for Enchanting, Magic Arrays, Pill-making, and Tactics of War. The final of which he had never heard of. Apparently, it was a new class only taught when the school was in their war-state.

Villin and Amelia chatted casually while they made their way back toward the dormitories. They decided to start preparing for their first day of classes. They were behind four months since they only just got the second grade books. Except for the subjects of Magic Arrays, Enchanting, and Pill-making that is. They already had those books prior to today.

They also decided to wait for a week before having a proper look at what guild to join, for now simply observing the situation seemed more beneficial to both of them.

When they entered their room, Elinoire was sitting on her bed with her eyes closed, likely busy trying to cast a new spell or awakening nodes. Villin and Amelia simply ignored her as they continued chatting.

Of course, they first walked over to the less-valuable iron spell books Villin had placed in the room. When they got to the desk, Villin gave a quick look at the magic array around the small pile of iron books. It was an extremely basic magic array that would be broken if anyone grabbed what was within the array. At first sign, it looked complete.

But of course, Villin wasn’t an idiot. He knew there were many people capable of remaking such a basic magic array, so his gaze wandered to the leftmost side of the array, he added a unique rune there using his vast knowledge, it would burn away as soon as the magic array was broken and it was extremely unlikely anyone would notice.

When he looked here, his eyes widened for a moment, “VOCOCITO!”

Before anyone realized what was going on Villin cast the spell having pointed his wand toward Elinoire who was still sitting with her eyes close atop the bed. The spell that shot out was a derivatory version of ‘vococito’, pushing instead of pulling.

When Elinoire opened his eyes in response to his shout, the spell was already upon her, she had no time to grab her wand at all.

The spell hit her hard in the chest and she shot back against the wall, falling down next to the bed.

Villin didn’t hesitate before casting another had derivatory spell “VINEA!” he wasn’t sure why he shouted out but he didn’t care, he felt a coldness entering his mind. He wasn’t angry, but at the same time, he couldn’t let this go.

Two seconds later, just as Elinoire managed to grab her wand, vines shot out of the ground. First, they wrapped around her arms tightening rapidly causing her to scream out and drop her wand. Then with a flick of his wand Villin controlled the vines, more rose out of the ground as they tightened around her neck and her scream was cut short, the vines barely allowed her to breathe.

Villin closed the distance with a few sturdy steps “What the hell were you thinking princess. You really thought I wouldn’t have a way to make sure you can’t take our possessions like that?” he sounded calm, but at the same time even Amelia felt chills on her back. Elinoire was pulled against the wall by the vines and her face started turning red as she tried to take in air.

Villin flicked his wand to the side and with a regular ‘Vococito’ cast, Elinoire’s bag shot toward him. “Now princess, you can’t go around borrowing our things without paying now can you?”

Ignoring Elinoire’s pained expression and struggles to breathe, Villin entered her bag with his magic power, unsurprisingly, it was also a spatial bag.

A few moments later everything that was inside of it shot out, thanks to another couple of ‘Vococito’ casts.

“Amelia, check our books.” Villin sounded even colder as he looked at some of the things that came out of Elinoire’s bag. They were the spell books that were supposed to be laying on the desk. Amelia also looked at them with shock on her face before quickly turning to the desk. Atop of it she saw the seemingly fine iron spell books. She then opened one of them but the contents were completely empty. “They’re fake,” Amelia said with a complicated expression.

Villin’s wand was pointing at Elinoire again, the vines thickened and the ones around her neck rose upward, all the way up to where they forced her to extend her feet and stand on her toes to barely get bits of air as her face started turning blue and her struggles started to lessen.

“An illusion spell, you really think something that simple was going to work? What was your plan? Were you planning to find someone to make a wooden blueprint out of them, replace it by that?” Villin’s face was inches away from the choking face of Elinoire as he spoke his words. “No that would’ve taken too long. Whatever you were trying to pull here, if you really thought it was going to work then your mind must be as rotten as your face.”

His tone had changed from cold to incredibly vicious as he said his last line. His face sneering at her, no matter what this face filled with contempt would be sure to cause her many nightmares. 

It was at this time Villin felt a hand on his shoulder, this was Amelia of course. “Villin, I think that’s enough.”

Villin scoffed as the vines around Elinoire loosened and she fell to the ground, gasping for breath, her arms were blue in a multitude of places as the vines wrapped around incredibly thought and her neck was turning black as well. The iron spellbooks Elinoire had stolen flew back inside of his back and finally, Villin looked at her crystal holder depicting a clear five-thousand. A few seconds later as Villin connected it to his own it only showed a meager ten. “That’s the fine for trying to take our shit.”

Villin turned around and burst out of the door of their room. Then he leaned against the wall next to it as his breathing began to quicken. His hands were shaking and his cold expression turned into one of fear.

When Amelia came out shortly after him he didn’t even realize as he was looking at his shaking hands until she touched his shoulder again.

“Villin, are you okay?” Amelia’s soft gaze looked at him but Villin felt unworthy to look at her in the eyes.

“I don’t know, I don’t know, I-” he started shaking his head profusely as tears shot into his eyes. His mind was in total disarray and he covered his face with his hand as he sat down against the wall.

He was terrified, when he was there, standing in front of Elinoire, he was almost devoid of feelings. He just wanted to hurt her to minimize future losses, he was even considering killing her until Amelia touched his shoulder. 

As he was sitting there, Amelia sat down beside him, telling him things were okay. After a dozen minutes or so his mind calmed and so did his breath. He justified his actions in his head. She stole from them and he overreacted that was all it was. He took a few deep breaths before getting up “I’m going to the training grounds, I need to distract myself.”

Hearing Villin’s words Amelia smiled at him as she replied with a soft tone “Alright Villin, have fun!” but inside, she too was a little scared. When he controlled the vines and spoke in such a cold tone even Amelia got scared of him. She felt bad for feeling that way toward a friend but managed to compose herself. Now she needed some time to process everything as well and when Villin walked out of sights some tears started to gather underneath her eyes as well.

How good was this chapter?
  • 1/5 Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 2/5 Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 3/5 Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 4/5 Votes: 6 25.0%
  • 5/5 Votes: 10 41.7%
Total voters: 24
11