Chapter 92: The First Classes
319 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Villin entered his room carrying Elinoire, the others were just waking up. They had gotten used to waking up extremely early on the surface and they automatically also followed the habit here.

The other looked at him oddly as he put Elinoire in her bed but didn’t say anything. When Villin simply left her in the bed and then met up with his companions “You all ready for our first day of class?” he asked casually trying to divert the conversation from leading to Elinoire.

Amelia was the first to respond “I’m not so sure honestly. We have all improved by leaps and bounds during our time on the surface and if we look back on how we handled sixteen second grade opponents by ourselves earlier, I’m somewhat doubtful of the classes.”

Villin nodded as he understood her point before turning to the others. “I just want to let you all know that I am planning to make my own guild if I manage to get the qualifications in time. You all can choose where you want to go, just wanted to let you all know of my plan.”

The others weren’t surprised to hear this in the slightest, they expected him to say something of the like, even if they expected him to say it sometime later.

After some more small talk, they all began practicing again. Villin was busy correcting some runes on an iron plate while the others were engrossed in their webs. The reason as for why Villin wasn’t busy practicing his new spells was that he was keeping an eye on Elinoire waiting for her to wake up.

Yet over two hours passed and the time came they all had to head toward their first class. Unsurprisingly the group was all placed inside of the same class, Villin suspected the still sleeping Elinoire would also be in their class.

And so, the four of them exited the room together.

The first class was ‘Rune Magic’ and Villin’s hear was pumping in anticipation, hoping he would have professor Crumb as his teacher. Even though he didn’t realize it back in the first grade, but he really treasured this teacher of his. Even though he had a bad temper, the old man was honest and intelligent, if there was anyone he could discuss his findings with it would probably be this professor.

Yet it seemed he wasn’t quite so lucky. Their teacher was newly minted, he had only been teaching for four months at this point in time.

Now that he saw four new students in his class he was visibly nervous, he seemed to really care about other people’s opinions of him and his teachings. This could be seen as a merit or demerit.

Nonetheless, despite the teacher’s nervousity, he still clearly knew what he was talking about. Sadly for Villin, what he was talking about wasn’t really as advanced as he hoped it’d be. When it came to teaching the teacher followed the school book almost word-by-word unless someone asked a question. This meant that to Villin, who could easily comprehend the entire schoolbook in a short amount of time, these classes would probably be useless.

The other students who had been studying here for four months already looked at the group in curiosity, when they were asked a question by the teacher they would barely even have to think before responding clearly, they couldn’t help but be curious.

Even Kayley found the class a bit unnecessary and she focused on runes the least. Then again, saying she knew the subject the least among the group wasn’t a clear indication of her skill.

All four of them were at least up to date with the second grade enchanting and magic array books.

Rein at first only wanted to study the second grade magic array schoolbook they had but reconsidered after Villin advised him to also study the enchanting book multiple times.

As for ‘Rune Magic’ even though they didn’t have the schoolbook for it until yesterday, it was mostly just basic theories you would have to apply for enchanting and magic arrays.

After ‘Rune Magic’ finished, it was time for ‘Studies Of The Web’ Villin and Kayley had both been looking forward to this class as well, they wanted to know if there was anything useful they would be taught that could help them increase their understanding of the nodes.

Sadly, their teacher was a chatterbox. The class was full of anecdotes and other students who didn’t want to study so badly kept distracting the teacher causing her to talk about certain stories.

Even though this annoyed both Villin and Kayley, there was little they could do against it.

Immediately after the class ended Kayley approached Villin.

“We’re not going to learn anything in this class, if your guild is going to be focused around studying the web I’m in.”

Kayley was clear and to the point when it came to things having to do with these kinds of things, something Villin appreciated.

“It’ll be one of the things. I’m planning to make my guild a place to evolve magic of all sorts be it with runes or the web. I’d be ecstatic to have you.” he hesitated “That being said, I have no idea how to get the qualifications to make my own guild while in the second grade, Ruby wouldn’t tell me, and when I asked the teacher earlier he didn’t tell me either saying he simply didn’t know.” 

Kayley nodded once he said his words “I’ll ask around a bit as well later, I’ll let you know as soon as I hear anything.”

After the class, they both split up. His ‘Enchanting’ elective class was right after this one so he had to hurry to the classroom. Rein had also opted in for the class once he managed to convince him but he had them at different times compared to him.

When Villin stood in front of the door to the classroom he could only hope this teacher would be better than the ones he had thus far.

He would not be disappointed.

9