Chapter 4 – Kyros
17 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Warning: Strong language

 

“Nnnggh...ow, my neck!” Jack groaned as he raised his head up. “Huh? What’s this? Why am I all tied up?”

 

“You’re awake.” A voice fluttered into Jack’s ears.

 

The Makeup Artist peered into the dimly lit room and saw the demon parasitizing his wife’s pitiful body. “Monster, what is this? What do you want from me? Untie me!”

 

“I like the mask you created. It looks so...lifelike.” The demon responded as she changed the topic.

 

“Motherfucker! Stop joking around! You better kill me now or I’ll tear you into pieces!” Jack roared with bloodlust.

 

“Oh Jack…Jack, Jack, Jack, I’m not going to kill you. Why are you so quick to die?” The demon chuckled

 

“Coward! You demons are all cowards!” Jack spat as he struggled to break free.

 

“Do you think I’m like any of those lowly demons? I have plans…great plans for this world! I have no time to worry about petty scuffles to assert dominance like Kyros here.” The demon placed the demon mask on the table before Jack.

 

“W-What are you saying?” Jack muttered in disbelief. “Do…Do you know this demon?”

 

“Well, of course! Kyros is a longtime rival of mine. He’s…how should I put it in you humans’ terms? He’s a frenemy.” The demon explained with a clap.

 

“Y-You...who are you?” Jack couldn’t help but ask.

 

“Haha, I’m what many people feared in the past during All Hallows Eve.” The demon explained while reminiscing the past. “Many years ago, I laid waste to nearly half the world, leaving the people an everlasting impression…or so I thought. It’s depressing that not many know of me anymore. People, back then, called me the Hallow Fiend.”

 

“Hallow Fiend...no! It can’t be! You’re just a fairy tale told to spook young children from misbehaving! You can’t be real!” Jack exclaimed in surprise.

 

“Oh, so you know of me? That’s fortunate of you.” The Hallow Fiend smiled a toothy grin. “It’s fortunate that you should know what I will be doing to you next.”

 

“W-What do you mean by that? What are you going to do to me?” Jack hesitated before asking.

 

“Haha, humans...you primitive creatures are so stupid sometimes.” The demon picked up the demon mask and examined its outline before placing it back on the table. “Don’t you get it now?”

 

Jack gasped in sudden realization and began to struggle furiously, trying to loosen his bonds. “You fucker! You won’t get away with this!”

 

“Oh, but I will.” The demon smiled as she lifted up the mask and walked behind the bound up man. “But, I can’t say the same for you.”

 

“Fucker! Don’t do this! Don’t do this! Fuck! Damn you! God damn you!” Jack cursed with all his might as he tried to scoot his chair away.

 

“This mask of yours is truly realistic, but there’s some room for improvement. If you don’t mind, I made a few adjustments, so to speak.” The Hallow Fiend placed the mask on top of Jack’s head. “Haha, of course, I don’t think you would have a choice in that matter. I’m sure you will definitely like it...enough to scream, that is.”

 

The demon slowly pulled the mask down over Jack’s head. The man struggled persistently as he dreaded with every passing second. He could hear some kind of demonic chant resonating within the mask. He knew that something terrible would happen if he wore the mask, but he didn’t know what exactly.

 

With a swipe of her hands, the demon pulled the mask over the unwilling prisoner’s head. Then, the Hallow Fiend stepped back a few times and watched the upcoming scene with great enthusiasm. At first nothing happened. But both the Hallow Fiend and Jack held their abating breaths, one with excitement while the other with dread.

 

Suddenly, the mask squirmed on Jack’s face as if it was alive, the demonic chanting boomed in Jack’s ears. Muffled screams spewed out while the man writhed in pain. A sizzling sound could be heard and smoke rose from the mask’s orifices.

 

As time passed, the pain became even more unbearable and the mask seemed to begin fusing onto Jack’s face. Jack screamed and screamed as his skin turned dark red to match the color of the mask. His eyes gradually changed into slits. His body exploded with power and he ripped off his bindings.

 

Succumbing to the pain, Jack tried to claw the mask off of his face but couldn’t. It was as if the mask was a part of him now. The Makeup Artist screamed once more. He jerked his head up and hollered at the ceiling, his muffled voice soon replaced by an earth-shattering roar of anger.

 

Jack’s skin darkened into a shade of deep red and his muscles bulged unnaturally. The man’s body grew until his head scraped the ceiling. Blackened wings sprouted from his back as his skin turned stony. Sharp claws replaced his fingers and toes. With another powerful roar, his eyes closed and he stood there shuddering. All was peace and quiet until suddenly, Jack flashed open his eyes and grabbed onto the Hallow Fiend behind him.

 

“Fuck that hurts!” The monstrosity screamed in a deep, echoing voice. “Hallow Fiend! So it was you who summoned me here! Where is this? What do you want from me?!”

 

The Hallow Fiend struggled free her arm and patted her capturer’s hand. “Calm yourself, Kyros. I have a proposition for you.”

 

“Proposition?” Jack, now possessed by the elder demon Kyros, glanced at the Hallow Fiend suspiciously. “Hell no! Last time I agreed to your propositions, I was trapped in the Nine Cycles of Holy Torture for hundreds of years! What makes you think I would agree to help you out now?”

 

“Because...I have what you want.” The Hallow Fiend negotiated.

 

Kyros scoffed as if it was the most ridiculous thing he has ever heard. “What I want? What I want is to tear you into pieces and devour your soul!”

 

“Calm down for a second.” The Hallow Fiend reasoned as she held up her hand to reassure the elder demon. “I have what you truly want...the body of a Saint.”

 

“You have a body of a Saint with you?” Kyros yelped in surprise. “Where is it? Give it to me!”

 

“Well...not with me exactly.” The demon blatantly replied while scratching her head.

 

The ever so hot-tempered Kyros exploded once more, his rage causing the house to shake. “You fucking shit! You dare to lie to me?! Do you want to die!?”

 

“Whoa, whoa! Calm down Kyros. Calm down!” The Hallow Fiend felt a bit uncomfortable from the fiery aura that Kyros was emitting. “I may not have it with me now, but I know how to get one. Just listen to me first.”

 

“Fine! I’m listening.” Kyros grunted with displeasure but his aura did not die down one bit. “But if your reason can’t satisfy me, you will regret it!”

 

The Hallow Fiend tapped on the elder demon’s arm and asked. “Can you set me down first?”

 

“Hmph!” Kyros waved his hand and released the smaller demon. “Tell me how I can get a body of a Saint.”

 

“Easy. Let me tell you something first.” The Hallow Fiend patted herself. “During the time we were stuck in Hell, this world had experienced a number of changes....”

 

“Bastard! I’ve got no patience for your storytelling!” Kyros roared, his eyes flaring with bloodlust.

 

“Listen!” The Hallow Fiend insisted. “This is very important! During the time we were stuck in Hell, this world experienced an unprecedented change that brought about the Age of Creativity. In particular, the humans have discovered something known as the Creativity Core.”

 

“Creativity Core? The Hell is that?” Kyros blurted with annoyance and a dash of interest.

 

“This so-called Creativity Core is a source of power that select humans in this world can have.” The Hallow Fiend explained. “From this core, they can produce their own ability. Some are able to fly and some are able to summon powerful beings to their side. Imagine what would happen if we could take these cores for ourselves?”

 

“Oh? So, you mean we can use the powers from the Creativity Cores to fight the Saints...maybe even catch one alive?” Kyros snorted.

 

“Bingo! So, are you with me?” The Hallow Fiend clapped in affirmation.

 

“Are you damaged in the head? Did all those years being sealed cost you your intelligence?” Kyros sneered. “Need I remind you, we’re demons! Our powers are far superior than the trivial trickeries of humans!”

 

“I know our powers are stronger. However, need I remind you the Saints have the ability to counter any of our abilities!” The Hallow Fiend snapped back. “If we were to utilize these Creativity Cores correctly, the Saints’ powers will have no effect on us. At that time, we will be able to defeat and capture any of the twelve Saints! Do you understand now?”

 

“Hmm, that sounds reasonable enough...fine, I’ll trust you once more.” Kyros finally gave in after hearing the Hallow Fiend’s train of thought. “However, this is the last time! If this fails...I will tear you limb by limb!”

 

“Hmph! If this fails, I will gladly offer you my head!” The Hallow Fiend countered with a look of confidence.

1