Chapter 9 – Encounter
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alright, we're here!" Alverost exclaimed as he stood outside at the entrance of the haunted house.

 

The group looked at the heavily decorated haunted house filled with a number of traditional props as well as some creative novelties. But, overall, the vibe didn't speak out to them and they felt that the house lacked a certain 'wow' factor.

 

"Doesn't look too bad right?" Zero300 chuckled as he scratched his cheek.

 

"Yea, yea." Graspier nodded out of kindness, but deep down in his heart, he couldn't help but regret ending the night with a shoddy attraction.

 

Just as Zero300 felt better about himself, he was humbled by Riese's remark. "What a terrible haunted house! It's as if they gave up halfway."

 

Trying to save the situation, Ispheria wedged into the conversation. "Maybe the outside is terrible but the inside is awesome? Let's check it out first before we make a judgement. You know what they say...don't judge a book by its cover."

 

"Okay." Another Scribbler nodded.

 

As the group of Scribblers approached the house and knocked on the front door, they were greeted by a tall, kindly middle-aged man wearing an epic, life-like demonic costume. The man smiled at them and told them the rules of the haunted house attraction.

 

"Welcome!" Kyros explained with a toothy grin. "Enter in groups of four. The first group to make it to the end without screaming will win a bucket of Reeses candies. The second group will win a bucket of Hersheys. If at least one of the members of your group hasn't screamed until the very end, the whole group can be considered to have won. So far, no one has won...maybe you guys will be the lucky winners. Have you decided on who to go first?"

 

When Ducky heard that second place would win a bucket of Hersheys, she immediately turned to Alverost, hoping to join his group of four. However, before she could request it, a squeal came from her side.

 

"Reeses! That's my favorite!" Bluebery beamed excitedly as she grabbed Nyanko's hand and swung it about ferociously. "We have to win first!"

 

Nyanko chuckled and patted Bluebery's head. "No problem! We may not have finished the labyrinth, but we will surely take this house down! Ducky, Ispheria, you coming?"

 

Not wanting to make things awkward with her friends, Ducky could only nod quickly in compliance. Although she silently agreed, her heart exploded with denial. She didn't want to eat Reeses!

 

However, Ducky was a person who spoke with her head and not with her heart. She did not want to express her dissatisfaction out loud. Instead, she swallowed her words and continued to look on.

 

Since she was the first to fail the maze earlier, she knew that she had no right to complain. She could only acknowledge and accept it. There was no way around it. As the group of four waited for the first group to enter, Bluebery clasped her hands and prayed that the first group would fail.

 

"Welcome. Enter here and enjoy." Kyros smiled as he showed the four Scribblers in.

 

The first group consisted of Res, Owl, Jade, and Kupid. As they excitedly entered the haunted house, the elder demon closed the door behind them. What they saw in front of them disappointed them greatly. Although the interior was spooky-like, similar to the ones outside, the props inside were all unoriginal and placed weirdly...they had seen better and scarier props at other houses.

 

Res looked back and questioned Kyros. "Ugh? What's so scary about this house?"

 

"Yea! Are you ripping us off?" Kupid crossed his arms in disappointment.

 

Kyros chuckled softly and responded. "Yes...we're ripping you. But not the type you're thinking off. Get them!"

 

Special shoutout to @Alverost, @Graspier, @Ispheria, @ducky, @Bluebery, and @Nyanko

1